Talk

Gotcha Number

C: what are we going to do? You can’t keep ignoring him

DH (Donghae): I know, the members are starting to question both of us

C: and has he said anything?

DH: nope. Same as me

C: I never meant for this to happen…I’m so sorry

DH: hey don’t blame yourself. None of us knew how he felt

C: yeah but I feel responsible

DH: let’s just talk…talk to him…the 2 of us…I’ll find an opening in our schedules

C: I’m…I’m afraid...i don’t know what to say to him

DH: what’s important is that we all meet face to face and let it all out

 

C could see Donghae maturing. As a fan, she has known him to be very child-like and innocent but the more they’re together; she could see a side that not all or maybe any ELFs know about. Even Donghae was surprised. Before he met C, he only had the members and his family to worry about which is why he acted like a kid because he knew the people around him would take care of him but this time, he had someone else to take care of. Sure he had girlfriends in the past but something about C made him…mature. She was changing him unknowingly. And he was slowly realizing that she was the one.

 

The boys were all at SM because they had a meeting about Super Show 5. It was around 9pm because it was the only time all of them were available. It was a meeting they all had to be at attendance at.

 

Everyone was seated in the conference room while doing their own thing; most of them were playing with their phones or iPads. Donghae looked up from his pad and made a quick glance at Kyuhyun who was seated at the opposite end of the table. He was trying to find the right moment to talk to him.

 

The room was quiet and everyone was waiting for the managers to enter and start the meeting. Nothing but faint sounds of their phones and the taps on the iPad screens could be heard and Donghae was still struggling to find the right moment.

 

“Just do it. What’s the worst that could happen?”

 

“Kyuhyun-ah”

 

The sounds stopped all together and everyone quickly turned to look at Donghae as if he did a crime. Kyuhyun slowly looked up from his phone and made eye contact with the older one who was feeling really small at the moment.

 

DH: why…are you all looking at me?

KI (Kangin): it’s just…you haven’t spoken to him in days and---

SW (Siwon): did you guys fight or something?

 

Kyuhyun just laughed a bit and accused them of being crazy with their accusations. He looked at the older one who was waiting for his response. He decided to act as if nothing happened.

 

KH (Kyuhyun): 왜(why)?

DH: 그…그녕 (ju…just)…can I talk to you for a sec?

 

Everyone was looking at the speaker and looked the other direction to see what the younger one’s response will be. Kyuhyun just nodded and followed the older one out of the room. Once the door was closed behind them, everyone quickly ran and pressed their ears up against the translucent glass door.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes were on the back of Donghae’s head as he followed the older one. Donghae suddenly stopped and turned around. Kyuhyun stepped back a bit in case the older one was going to punch him.

 

DH: are you free tomorrow night?

 

“Did he suddenly turn gay?”

 

KH: huh..?

DH: I asked if you’re free to have coffee tomorrow night

 

SM (Sungmin): what did he say? I can’t hear them

EH (Eunhyuk): he asked Kyuhyun out for coffee

RW (Ryeowook): why would he do that?

SD (Shindong): well if you all keep talking we won’t be able to hear why

ZM (Zhoumi): ssshh! he's going to talk!

 

KH: i…around what time?

DH: maybe around 9 or 10..

KH: i…I guess I can…what’s this about?

DH: you’ll find out tomorrow

 

The older one was about to head back but quickly turned around again to look at Kyuhyun who was having trouble guessing what will happen then.

 

DH: oh and one more thing…

 

The younger one snapped out his thoughts for a bit and looked at the older one with scared eyes.

 

"C will be there"

 

Donghae started walking towards the door again. Because of the carpeted floor, the rest of the members didn’t hear him getting closer. All of them fell to the floor like bowling pins when Donghae opened the door.

 

Kyuhyun was still standing out in the hallway. So many thoughts were going through his head. The meeting he definitely didn’t want to have was happening tomorrow. How was he going to face C after his confession? And what is Donghae going to say?

 

He snapped out of his thoughts when he received a strong slap on the back. He looked up and saw his manager.

MG (Manager): daydreaming again? C’mon let’s start the meeting.

 

Kyuhyun just nodded and followed him into the room. Everyone was back in their seats while they continued playing their phones.

 

The meeting started and it took longer than usual. Everyone had to give input because the target date for Super Show 5 Seoul was fast approaching and they had to decide which performances to do. Kyuhyun was able to concentrate because he was afraid of what tomorrow will bring.

 

D: so…any news about Kyuhyun?

C: what do you mean?

 

The 2 were walking along a sidewalk because they were both bored stiff at home. They decided to pay a visit to Mouse Rabbit since they haven’t been there in a while

 

D: since his…confession and all

C: well, Donghae oppa’s going to talk to him

D: just hope he doesn’t kill him

C: he’s not stupid you know

D: I know…it’s just..i don’t mean to play the bad guy but you sort got in between their friendship

C: how was I supposed to know he liked me?? I thought he hated me!

D: a mystery left unsolved…just tell me how it goes okay?

C: yeah…just hope it ends well