Competition

Gotcha Number

 

“Because Donghae hyung’s heart is pure, you can see that he really cares for someone”

 

His own words kept on running through his mind. He said it himself and now this is the person he’s competing with? He wasn’t even sure if he really is competing because for starters C was just an acquaintance, an acquaintance he liked talking to. She wasn’t even an acquaintance since they never formally met. However, their frequent texting has gotten them close even though they did nothing but annoy each other most of the time. On the other hand, he didn’t even know if Donghae liked her, so what was his problem? He had to sort out his feelings first before jumping to conclusions.

 

Super Junior-M was filming their comeback MV. It was to be released the following soon so all of them were really busy. They practiced like there was no tomorrow as they still went on to their regular schedules.

 

The boys were sitting in front of a small screen and watching their last take of a certain dance scene. Everyone’s eyes were on the screen. Donghae was next to Eunhyuk and they kept on pointing out the mistakes they made as the others quietly watched. Kyuhyun was behind everyone as he just stood there quietly.

 

Donghae suddenly stood up when he looked at his phone. He walked away from the group of people and isolated himself at the corner of the studio. Kyuhyun got curious as he quietly followed the older one and hid behind some props.

 

DH (Donghae): did you get my message?

C: I did, why?

 

C was shaking. She was just on the way home from work when Donghae suddenly called. Donghae was her bias and she felt like everything was a dream whenever he texted or called. She couldn’t stop smiling but she still felt nervous and stammered a bit whenever they talked.

 

Kyuhyun could only hear Donghae talking so he just tried to guess who the person on the other side was and what he or she was saying.

 

DH: would you like to get coffee some time….with me?

 

C froze.

 

DH: 여보세요 (hello)?

C: 어 미안 (oh sorry), I’m still here

DH: so coffee? When are you free?

C: i….i…

DH: did I put you on the spot? I’m sorry

C: 괜…괜찮아요 (it’s….it’s okay) but aren’t you busy? SJ-M comeback?

DH: yeah we’re filming the MV now actually, we’re just on break

C: 진짜 (really)?

DH: yeah and we’re scheduled to finish in about 4 more hours

C: 오빠 피곤 안돼요 (aren’t you tired oppa)?

DH: 지금? 안돼요 (now? No)

C:진짜? 왜? (really? Why?) I mean MV filming must be tiring

DH: because I heard your voice today ^^

 

Hae started blushing as he swayed around a bit with his other hand his pocket. C wanted to faint right then and there. Kyu, who was still hiding, still listened in as he hoped that the older one wasn’t talking to C.

 

After the call, Hae smiled as he looked at his phone. He took a deep breath and walked back to the group. Kyu suddenly popped out of nowhere and surprised Donghae.

DH: oh you surprised me

KH: who were you talking to?

DH: huh? No one

KH: yeah you were acting all girly

DH: 뭐 (what)? Girly? 나 (me)?

KH: 헐 (whatever). So the director said we have to shoot your solo again

 

Hae walked ahead of Kyu and went back to the group. Kyu still wasn’t sure who he was talking to but he hoped it wasn’t C. He decided to text her. Nothing was stopping him since he already has her new number.

 

KH: 야 (ya)!

C: 누구세요 (who are you)?

KH: stop smiling like an idiot

C: eh??

 

C turned around and looked all over the bus to see who saw her smiling. She was smiling because she was giddy about the fact that her bias asked her out for coffee.

 

C: 야 너 (hey you)! 누구야 (who are you)??

KH: you need to prepare for the repairs of my phone

C: 규…규현 오빠 (Kyu…Kyuhyun oppa)? Hey your phone is fine!

KH: your friend didn’t tell you? There’s a scratch on the screen!

C: wait how did you get my number?? And no there isn’t! I checked it before I gave it back!

KH: how I got your number is not important and yes there’ a scratch! You want to check it yourself?!

C: just to prove you’re wrong then fine! Name a time and place!

KH: all of a sudden you can make time?

C: my schedule is a bit loose now because it’s almost winter vacation

KH: oh right. Hey you aren’t a student anymore!

C: yeah, I’m a teacher

KH: 진짜 (really)??

 

The director suddenly called all of them to re-shoot something. It was a tiring night and they all haven’t slept properly but they still tried their best. The filming finally ended and the boys were all asleep in the vans on the way back to the dorms except for 2 people.

 

Donghae was sitting up front as he played with his phone. It was the only light in the closed vehicle. It struck Kyu’s curiosity again so he quietly peeked over the older one’s shoulder to see what he was doing. He was able to read a kakao conversation.

 

Donghae861015: so when are you free?

C_89: tomorrow I guess…it’s a Saturday so I get off work early

Donghae861015: so….how about that cup of coffee? Tomorrow okay?

 

C was just lying in bed. D was still awake too because she was on the phone with Aiden. C’s hands shook as she finally gave him a reply.

 

C_89: tomorrow sounds good 오빠 (oppa) ^^

 

Hae couldn’t stop smiling at his phone and Kyu finally sat back in his chair. He recognized C’s kakao ID. He took a deep breath and sighed. He suddenly decided to text C.

 

GaemGyu: you’re going to check on my phone tomorrow!

C_89: I can’t tomorrow

GaemGyu: and why not? I thought your schedule is loose

C_89: it is but I already have plans

GaemGyu: date? Cancel it! My phone is much more important!

C_89: nope sorry