White Snow

Gotcha Number

 

It was dawn when for some reason D woke up and found herself alone in their apartment. She went to C’s room but no one was there. D went to get herself a drink of water and stuck to their kitchen table was a note from C.

 

“Went out to see 동해 오빠 (Donghae oppa), they just arrived from Nanjing and he wanted to see me. I wanted to wake you up but it looked like you wanted to rest. Will be back before lunch” --- C

 

D sighed and stuck the note back on the table and took her glass of water to her room where she proceeded to stare out the window and watch the snow fall as she thought of Aiden and how she was going to talk to him again.

 

EH (Eunhyuk): oh there she is!

He pointed to C who was seated on a bench while she watched the calm Han River on New Year’s morning.

 

The boys just arrived back from their schedule in Nanjing and Eunhyuk and Donghae decided to take a stroll by the Han River and check out the scenery. Hae contacted C and asked to see her because he wanted to see her to start off the New Year.

 

Eunhae just got off their white car after dropping off their luggage at the dorm. The sun was about to rise and Hae just smiled as soon as he saw C just sitting on the bench while looking at the view. It was still snowing and the breeze was freezing as C had her hands in her pockets.

 

The snow was so pretty as it slowly fell to the ground which made C smile and put her hand out to catch a few flakes. She was concentrated on the nice atmosphere that she didn’t realize that 2 people were watching her.

 

“Guess who”

 

He covered her eyes with his hands and she instantly smiled at the sound of a familiar voice and the warmth from his hands as she held on to them. As soon as she removed the hands and opened her eyes, Hyuk’s face inches from hers and she almost jumped out of her skin.

 

C: oh! You scared me!

DH: haha~ told you your monkey face is scary plus the blue hair

EH: and you say that as if your fish face is so perfect

C just watched the couple squabble a bit before sitting on the bench with her in between them. They breathed in the fresh air and smiled.

 

EH: good to be home

Hae turned to look at C who was breathing in the cold air as well.

DH: have you been waiting long?

C: just around 10 minutes, how was your flight? ^^

DH: it was okay, the private jet was awesome but I didn’t get enough time to sleep

EH: ha! You had the loudest snore!

DH: I think you had me confused with Henry

EH: Henry was at the back of the plane and the noise was coming from the seat next to mine

DH: 헐 (whatever)

 

The 3 sat on the bench for a bit and admired the view until the weather was getting colder. They took a few pictures while playing in the snow as a remembrance for celebrating a brand new year.

 

 

EH: let me take a picture of you and Hae~

C: 아니 괜찮아 (no it’s okay)~ it’s more fun taking pictures of you two

C was telling the truth because nothing could beat taking pictures of her ultimate OTP on their “new year’s date”.

After much persuasion and Hyuk’s constant nagging, she nervously stood next to Hae, who by the way still gives her butterflies whenever she realizes that they’re actually dating.

 

While walking and admiring the quiet river, Hyuk got a call so he excused himself and let the couple walk ahead of him.

C: how was Nanjing? I watched it through livestream by the way

DH: it was good. My first time not being Korea for New Year’s so it felt a bit different…anything interesting happen while I was gone?

C: nothing much…D still hasn’t talked much and I’m getting worried. It’s really unlike her to talk about her feelings. She usually vents out on twitter but now she hasn’t sent out a tweet in days

DH: she’ll come around eventually. Just let her heal on her own for now

 

With one hand in his pocket, he held out his hand for hers. She still felt shy around him considering he was still Donghae and she was still an ELF. She was shaking, not because of the cold but because he wanted to hold her hand, as she took his and he tucked it in his pocket. They walked side by side until they were too far away from Hyuk who was busy talking to someone on his phone.

 

While Eunhae was out with C, the rest of the members headed back to the dorm for some rest. As much as Kyuhyun wanted to get some sleep he couldn’t because he couldn’t stop thinking about what he heard on the plane on their way back.

 

*2 hours earlier*

EH: turn that thing off, we’re about to go up

DH: I’ll just text C

 

“Want to have an early morning stroll by the Han River? See you at 7am ^^”

 

Kyu was seated behind them on the plane and he couldn’t help but look over Hae’s shoulder and read the message the older one sent to C. He whipped out his phone and tried to text D once more because it seemed that Hae and C’s relationship was getting better with time and his feelings for her weren’t going away.

 

GaemGyu: look. I know you’re in this weird funk right now but can you please tell me what I should do about C?!

 

Silence yet again from her so he just sighed and sat back and played a few games on his laptop while the others snoozed.

 

*Present time*

 

He was rolling around and his bed making too much noise because he couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t stop thinking that while he was trying to get some sleep; the girl he liked was out on a date with Donghae. He grabbed his phone from his side table and did the unthinkable.

 

GaemGyu: why isn’t D answering my messages?