All About D

Gotcha Number

After Kyuhyun left the restaurant with Donghae’s mother, he bid her goodbye and just followed his feet to a place he didn’t even know. Little did anyone know that a few tables away from the incident, someone who was somewhat involved was watching.

 

D: C? C, are you there?

She finally woke up, well stood up since she’s been awake for hours, she just didn’t want to get out of bed and face reality. As she walked around the apartment, she saw a picture of her and Aiden. She took a deep breath and finally made a decision.

 

He walked down a familiar street and hoped to see the 1 person who truly knows how he feels. He knew she wasn’t talking but he had no one else to turn to. So without thinking, he walked up to her apartment and almost fell to the ground when a familiar form ran past him.

 

D: oh I’m sorry!

She helped him stand up and almost fell to the floor herself when she realized the person she ran over was Kyuhyun, who looked like his whole world came crumbling down on him.

 

D: are…are you okay?

KH (Kyuhyun): yeah I’m fine

D: are you sure? I was expecting you to scream at me

KH: well I’m not in a “screaming” mood right now

D: what’s wrong?

KH: I just….why haven’t you been answering my calls lately?

D: you’re sad because of me?

KH: ha! You wish!

D: then why are you here?

His expression suddenly went back to the way it was earlier, like his world has been destroyed. There was silence and D forgot about the reason why she was running out in the first place.

 

D: I’m sorry; I just needed time to myself

She was looking down at the city below and let the cold wind brush against her skin. Kyuhyun was standing not less than 4 feet behind her. He kept his eyes on his the snow that was gathering around his shoes.

 

“I told her”

 

D turned around to look at the older one who maintained the same position while breathing out the cold air and burying his hands in his jacket pockets.

 

D: what are you talking about?

He finally looked up and sighed once more. D looked straight into his eyes as she waited for him to say those words once more.

KH: I told C I liked her

 

D: that’s great! But….why are you here? What did she say?

KH: Donghae hyung was there

D: oh…oh my god. Where are they now?

KH: I don’t know. He just stormed out of the restaurant while dragging C

D: guess I was being selfish. I wasn’t there for you and this happened

KH: it’s not your fault

D: I was too occupied with my own problems that I forgot about my friends

KH: we’re friends?

D: shut up you know what I mean

 

D wasn’t thinking, she suddenly hugged him and it definitely surprised him because he was left wide-eyed. He didn’t know what to do so he just hugged her back. It was a friendly hug between two people who just needed someone to comfort them.

 

She opened her eyes and it suddenly hit her that she was hugging her bias. Actually physically hugging someone she used to dream about through a computer screen. Then suddenly something in the corner of her eye caught her attention.

 

“D…”

 

“Aiden!”

 

They quickly let go of the hug and she ran to him, leaving Kyuhyun standing in the same position. Aiden was just staring at them.

 

D: it’s not what you think! We were talking and----

Aiden: I came to tell you something important but it seems someone has beat me to it

D: what are you talking about?

Aiden: I heard Kyuhyun confess to C and there was this awkward moment because there was this other guy there, I wasn’t sure who he was but it seemed that he was with C. Anyway, I get it now. I was afraid he was going to steal you from me. He likes C and not you

D: you’re not mad?

Aiden: well I was but…

D: forget it. Now you know. I was only helping him get C

 

Donghae didn’t walk that fast so C was able to catch up to him and quickly hug him from behind. She was crying as she held on to him tightly.

 

오빠 가지마 (oppa don’t go)”

 

He stopped and held on to her arms. He could feel the warmth or her body through their thick jackets and even though he couldn’t see it, he knew she was crying. They stood right in front of the sea and let the waves touch their shoes.

 

The sun was setting and they were still on the beach. They were sitting on the cold sand as they looked out into the vast body of water right before them. Time was passing and even though his phone was ringing nonstop, he ignored it and continued doing absolutely nothing but thinking.