Blue Night

Gotcha Number

DH (Donghae): do you like CN Blue?

C: 네 (yes)! 왜요 (why)?

DH: I have an extra ticket to tonight’s CN Blue concert….and we were going to have coffee….

 

C was smiling like an idiot as she almost jumped out of her seat at work. She was already excited to have coffee with him, she even changed her outfit five times and now he wants to take her to a concert. She decided to pretend to be calm.

 

C: 진짜 (really)? Wow! Who are you going with?

DH: 규현, 은혁 과 매니저 (Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and our manager)

C: 아 그래 (ah really), that sounds nice…we can have coffee next time^^

DH: oh…I was thinking, you come with us…I mean manager gave me the extra ticket and he said I could invite a friend

C:나 (me)?!

DH: since I found out now you’re a fan…it’ll be fun~

C: won’t it be weird? Just me and all of you

DH: there’ll be a million people there and besides manager is bringing his girlfriend so you won’t be the only girl in our group

 

C was now literally jumping up and down. She couldn’t contain her excitement while some of her co-workers were looking at her as if she was crazy. After Hae’s phone call she immediately called up D who was having lunch with Aiden. Lately, D has always been out with Aiden so she and C only saw each other at night or in the morning before school and work.

 

D: thanks for the hot chocolate, it really is freezing today

A (Aiden): no problem, hey your phone is ringing

D was having fun just talking to Aiden that she didn’t realize her friend was calling. She picked it up from the table and answered it.

 

D: what’s up?

C: what took you so long? i already reached the chorus of your ringback tone

D: sorry, I was talking to Aiden so what’s up?

C: I need a favor

D: shoot

C: can I borrow your scarf? The blue one

D: uh….sure, it’s in my closet but don’t you already have one?

C: save the best for last, I have a date

D: really? Who?

C: 동해 오빠 (Donghae oppa) asked me out

D: get outta here!

C: huh?

D: I mean wow! Are you for real? Because it seems you’re getting all the luck with Super Junior!

C: I don’t know, he just called me up and I almost fainted when he asked so can I borrow your scarf?

D: yeah totally and report back to me after…where is he taking you?

C: CN Blue concert

D: wow you are definitely on a different level now my friend….Wait what about Kyuhyun?

C: what about him?

D: doesn’t he---? Oh never mind

C: okay then so yeah I’ll see you tonight, tell Aiden I said hi~

 

C didn’t know that Kyuhyun kinda liked her. D almost let it slip as she went back to her date with Aiden.

D: C says hi by the way

A: tell her hi back, so what did you say about a concert? And Kyuhyun?

D: oh that, oh nothing, C’s going on a date tonight to watch a concert

A: Kyuhyun’s concert?

D: something like that, I mean, it’s a concert and he’ll be there…oh hold that thought

She quickly grabbed her phone and started texting someone quickly. She was nervous as she texted because she kept on deleting her texts. Aiden just sipped his decaf coffee as he looked out the window and watched the people walk in the snow.

 

D219: Kyuhyun oppa?

GaemGyu: who are you?

D219: oh we met before, I’m C’s friend….you were cursing your phone a few days ago in school

GaemGyu: oh it’s you…what do you want?

D219: you like my friend so I was just going to tell you that she’s going on a date tonight

GaemGyu: hey I never said I liked your friend

D219: no need to state the obvious

GaemGyu: so what is it to me? Her date

D219: are you going to the CN Blue concert tonight?

GaemGyu: 어떻게 알았어 (how did you know)?

D219: huh?

GaemGyu: how did you know?

D219: I didn’t. I was just guessing so you’re going?

GaemGyu: yeah so what?

D219: I suggest dressing well

GaemGyu: who are you to tell me how to dress?

D219: C will be going

GaemGyu: it’s a concert, what are the chances we’d see each other

D219: I didn’t want to tell you this but she’s going with Donghae oppa

 

Kyu didn’t answer right away. He was reading her last message over and over again. He couldn’t think, first he’s finally going to see C in person and second she’s going to be on a date….with Donghae. Kyu sighed and replied to D. He tried not to sound sad.

 

GaemGyu: so? I don’t care

D219: ookkkkaaayyyy just wanted to tell you

GaemGyu: and can you stop texting me? This is my private number you know!

D219: fine evil Kyu!

 

C was waiting for Donghae at the entrance of the concert place. There were so many fans around. She tried to blend in with them. It’s been almost 30 minutes and he still hasn’t shown up. She didn’t want to text him because she still felt shy around him especially now that they’re going out….on a date. After  a few more minutes her phone suddenly rang.

 

C: 여보세요 (hello)?

DH: sorry for keeping you waiting, where are you?

C: I’m at the entrance

DH: can you walk one block down from your left?

 

C just followed his instructions while still talking to him on the phone. She was a bit confused but a white audi suddenly parked next to her. The window opened and she thought she was going to get whacked so she looked elsewhere.

 

DH: 뭐해  (what are you doing)? Why are you looking away?

C: huh?

 

She turned around and saw a hand wave to her from the open window. She carefully walked towards it and almost fainted again when she saw him with Eunhyuk in the driver’s seat.

DH: get in~

C: uh….why?

DH: we’re going through a different entrance

She slowly opened the back door. As soon as she sat in, someone tapped her shoulder. Because it was dark she didn’t notice him when she rode.

 

KH: we finally meet

C: oh! It’s you!

KH: so are you going to pay for my phone now?

C was shaking all of a sudden yet again. She may have gotten close to him through text messages and calls but it was way different seeing each other in person.

C: I didn’t break your phone!

KH: a scratch is still damage!

 

EH (Eunhyuk): stop torturing the poor girl Kyu, tonight is supposed to be for fun

Hyuk started the engine and passed a back street to the side entrance of the place. Kyu huffed as he crossed his arms and leaned back on the chair. Donghae turned around in his chair and looked at C.

DH: 괜찮아 (are you okay)? Don’t mind this weirdo

C just smiled as she looked at Donghae who was at the moment giving her the cutest smile she has ever seen.

The manager came in with his girlfriend and the six of them passed through the side entrance and tried to find their seats.

 

Of course fans noticed their presence as some of them took pictures. They just tried to enjoy the concert like normal people. The seating arrangement was manager’s girlfriend, manager, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Donghae and C. Kyu felt like he was on a date with Eunhyuk who couldn’t stop dancing and waving his light stick like a fan girl.

 

DH: are you having fun?

C: 네 (yes), 정말 감사해요 (thank you so much) ^^

The concert was loud of course so whenever Donghae talked to C, he’d lean closer and whisper in her ear. This of course didn’t escape the sight of Kyuhyun who couldn’t concentrate on the concert.

 

DH: good thing you’re a CN Blue fan too~

C: 용화 오빠 진짜 좋아해 (I really like Yonghwa oppa)~

Donghae just smiled and went back to watching the concert with everyone else. His hand suddenly grazed hers and she felt warm all of a sudden. She could feel her face turn red.

DH: 어 미안 (oh sorry)~ *smile*

 

Even if it was dark, Kyuhyun still saw it. He just looked at the 2 blankly and tried to keep his mind occupied by playing with Eunhyuk who still couldn’t stop dancing. When D texted him earlier, he was honestly a bit nervous but he didn’t think about it for the rest of the day and now he didn’t know what to do. The girl he had mixed feelings for was now at the same concert as he was except that she was on a date.

 

It finally ended and they all walked towards the parking lot. The manager and his girlfriend walked ahead while C and Donghae followed. Hyuk was busy texting someone and Kyu just walked behind all of them slowly, he couldn’t keep his eyes off C and Donghae who were now looking extremely date-like.

 

C: I had fun tonight 오빠 다시 감사해요 (oppa thank you again) ^^

DH: where are you going?

C: home?

DH: do you have a ride?

C: oh I took the bus coming here; I can take it back to my place

DH: with all the criminals? You’re brave

C: its fine, I mean it’s only *looks at watch* almost 11

Eunhyuk suddenly appeared and put his arm over Hae’s shoulder.

EH: we’ll take you home, it’s not safe out

Donghae just nodded in agreement as he looked back at C who was trying to calm her nerves. She just spent the night with her biases so of course she still felt nervous. Kyuhyun just ignored the 3 and got in Eunhyuk’s car and waited for them.

 

C: thanks for the ride *shaking voice*

EH: no problem, it was nice seeing you again

She nervously smiled and opened the car door. She walked up to her front door while they watched her. Kyuhyun was looking the other way; he didn’t care about anything at the moment. Hyuk shoved Hae’s arm a bit and the latter understood so he quickly got off the car and ran a bit to her.

 

DH: C!

She turned around and almost lost balance when he was suddenly standing so close to her as he looked into her eyes.

C: oh, what’s wrong?

DH: nothing…I just…let me walk you to your door

C: it’s like 15 steps away

Donghae ignored her and just walked next to her. They finally reached the front of her small apartment building. They turned to face each other.

DH: so this is where you live

C: it’s not big but it’s enough for me and my friend

DH: oh you live with someone?

C: yeah my friend…..she’s a girl

DH: oh okay…so I had fun tonight, I hope you did too

C: so much fun, thank you so much again

 

They both took a deep breath and just looked into each other’s eyes. There was a moment of silence and Donghae just felt that it was time. It was their first date but he just felt it. He slowly leaned towards her and he closed his eyes. C’s heart was beating so fast that she felt it would explode. She slowly closed her eyes too when she realized what was happening. He cupped her face and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

 

*HONK*

 

They both looked at the white audi that was still parked. They saw Kyu pressing the car horn while Hyuk was trying to stop him.

EH: what the hell are you doing?!

KH: I want to go home!

EH: just sit and wait you brat!

 

The couple just looked back at each other.

DH: so…uh…잘자요 (good night)

C: 잘자요 오빠 (good night oppa)

He watched her unlock the front door and go up the stair as she just kept on looking back at him. He kept on waving and telling her to go in.