Hae You!

Gotcha Number

 

Kyuhyun had to attend one class at Kyunghee or else he would fail so his manager arranged his schedule to go there and he’d be off to another schedule after. He decided to not have his manager come with him to school this time because it felt weird, like having a bodyguard.

 

He was waiting for his class and he was just standing out in the hallway, looking at his phone. He was in a battle with himself on whether to text C or not, it’s been a few days and he was feeling weird that she still wasn’t texting him as much.

 

D was waiting for Aiden to get out of the classroom because he was still fixing up his things and talking to a few friends. From around the corner, she heard a familiar voice so she peeked to see who it was.

 

“아이씨 동해 형! 너 왜?! 바보! (aish Donghae hyung! Why you?! Stupid!)”

 

Kyuhyun was cursing his phone as he stared at a blank screen because he had no idea what to text C. Of all the people that C would get close to, it had to be Donghae, her bias. Kyu was mad as he just talked to himself not knowing that there was someone around the corner.

 

D just thought it was another student so she was about to walk off then she heard him curse Donghae and call him “stupid”. She wasn’t too fluent in Korean but she could understand a few words. She was annoyed at the random person so she was going to defend Hae. She turned the corner and was immediately surprised to see the person with the familiar voice.

 

“너 (you)!”

 

Kyu beat her to recognizing each other as his eyes grew bigger and looked at her. She was equally surprised as she started to stutter again because she met her bias.

 

Meanwhile, C was at work in a meeting. She sat the farthest from her boss in the big room but when her phone rang all eyes were on her. She quickly apologized and took her phone and read it under the table. The meeting resumed and everyone looked to the front again. C was surprised to see a text from Hae that she had to control herself from spazzing.

 

Donghae861015: how are you? ^^

 

She took a deep breath like she always does whenever he texts her. She decided to be calm like always and give a normal reply unlike her tweets to him before he knew who she was.

 

C_89: I’m fine^^

 

DH: “I’m fine”? That’s it??

Donghae was in the recording studio at SM. He was just relaxing on the couch when he decided to see what C was up to.

 

Hyuk came in the room and saw his friend being all weird as he quietly sat on the couch in the corner of the room and staring at his phone.

EH: who are you talking to? Wait. Stupid question.

Donghae ignored his friend and continued staring at his phone while trying to think of another thing to continue the conversation.

EH: you like her don’t you?

DH: huh?

Donghae looked up and realized the presence of his best friend who was now next to him on the couch and just leaning back.

EH: that girl. You like her don’t you?

DH: haha~ 무슨소리야 (what are you talking about)? Stop being silly monkey

EH: I’m not being silly you fish! Whenever you get a text from her your face lights up like a lantern

DH: no it doesn’t!

Hae started to blush again as he almost shouted at his friend who was exactly right.

EH: see! You’re blushing right now! Just admit it!

DH: there’s nothing to admit!

Hae hit Hyuk with a pillow because the older one wouldn’t stop pressing on him. He may be his best friend but even he was confused about his feelings. After a few hits, he thought of another thing to tell her but this time she didn’t reply right away because she was in the meeting.

 

KH: you and your friend damaged my phone!

D: huh?

Kyu was speaking in Korean so fast that D was confused. Kyu suddenly remembered the language barrier as he repeated himself but this time he spoke English slowly. He wasn’t too confident with his grammar but he didn’t care because he wasn’t the one who had their mouth hanging open like a statue.

KH: you….friend…my phone…break!

D: we didn’t break your phone!

KH: see here? Scratch!

He pointed to a tiny scratch on the screen. The scratch was so tiny it was barely visible.

D: it’s so small!

KH: still! You need to pay! 너 친구는 어딨어 (where is your friend)??

D: huh?

KH: Friend…where?!

D: she’s…she’s at work

KH: call her now!

D: she’s busy….okay fine

D started dialing C’s number on her phone as they waited for her to pick up. C wasn’t picking up because she listened in the meeting she was at.

 

D: she’s not answering

KH: text her! Don’t tell her I’m with you!

D: okay fine

 

D219: what time do you get off work?

 

There was no reply and the 2 waited for a bit. Thankfully the meeting ended so C picked up her phone and headed out. She checked her messages and replied to her messages.

 

C_89: oh I was in a meeting, sorry to keep you waiting 동해 오빠 (Donghae oppa) ^^

 

Kyu and D were waiting her reply and when D’s phone rang, they both looked at her message. Kyu was standing close to D and she wanted to faint. Kyu was just trying to concentrate on reading her message.

KH: ….Donghae oppa?

D was still in a short trance then she snapped out of it when Kyu spoke. She looked at her phone and saw C’s message.

D: oh….she must’ve sent the wrong message

Kyu’s expression darkened. Well obviously C sent the wrong text but the fact that it was meant for Donghae made him more than upset. D looked at Kyu and bit her lip a bit; she could sense the change of atmosphere. She quickly replied to C.

 

D219: I’m not him you know

C_89: oops! Sorry, I was texting him the same time as you so I must’ve made a mistake

 

Kyu just patted D on the back and walked off slowly. He was supposed to attend his class but he decided to head somewhere else on his own. D just watched him disappear in the distance and she didn’t understand why but she felt bad for him.

(A/N: Merry Christmas^^)