Start of Something New

Gotcha Number

Months have passed since their meeting, Donghae and C have managed to keep their relationship stable and on the down low. He went overseas for schedules and he came back. It was like the airplane has become his taxi. C on the other hand became busier with work and even though she was an one elementary school teacher, it seemed that she's been doing the work of 10. Which wasn't much of a problem for both of them since they both rarely meet because of work.

Kyuhyun, although he apologized for his "mistake", has been keeping quiet. It was as if nothing has happened. No confession, no meeting. Donghae felt awkward trying to bring it up whenever they saw each other. This happened time and time again until it became something that was pushed behind the closet and forgotten.

 

The boys just arrived home from Hawaii and they were still a bit jetlagged. Eunhyuk wanted to stay behind for a bit to get more sun because he was one of the last ones to arrive. Sungmin went straight to rehearsals for his musical even though he wasn't feeling all to well.

 

The 11th floor dorm was very quiet which wasn't new since the people who live there were quiet too compared to the ones on the upper floor. Donghae didn't feel like going to his apartment so he decided to be playful and mess things up in Eunhyuk's room so the latter would go crazy as soon as he gets home. There was no one else home so Donghae happily played with Hyuk's toys and read his comic books while leaving them all over the place. He was like a kid at a candy store.

Kyuhyun came home early from a schedule and he noticed there were clothes scattered all over the floor. The kitchen had unwashed plates, there were food wrappers on the table, the coffee table had circles from glasses that were put there without coasters. The place was a sty and it was definitely something new to him because Eunhyuk was a clean freak and Sungmin kept all his things in his room.

"Hello?"

He slowly walked in the main area, hoping that there wasn't a robber as he held on to a frying pan that was on the floor. How it even go there, that was something he was going to find out later. Because he didn't have shoes on, he quietly crept into the living room but no one was there. He noticed Eunhyuk's bedroom door was slightly open. Since the latter was still out of town, he found it unusual because Hyuk always kept his door closed.

With the frying pan held up high, he slowly opened the bedroom door. It wasn't a big room so it took him less than 2 seconds to look around. He immediately noticed that someone was under the comforter because of its shape. He held on to the corner of the blanket and was about to get ready to pull it off swiftly.

"3..2..1.."

KH (Kyuhyun): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH (Donghae): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

The older one quickly put on his clothes and tried to cover himself with the thick blanket. Kyuhyun was dumbfounded as he turend to the door to let Hae get dressed. While his back was turned, he tried to peek over his shoulder as Hae was quickly putting on his pants.

KH: if you don't mind me asking,.....why?

DH: I just wanted to mess up his room

KH: and of course you had to do it

DH: you can turn around now

 

The younger one followed through amd looked at him. This was the first time they were alone together when they weren't working. Awkwardeness filled ghe air so fast that neither of them wanted to speak. They just wanted to disappear because they knew they had to talk about it.

DH: so....you surfed right?

KH: yeah a bit...you?

DH: yeah

 

Suddenly Hae's phone rang from the bed. He walked over and picked it up. A small smile formed on his lis when he read her name. He answered it while Kyuhyun slowly slipped out of the room.

DH: oh hey I've been trying to call you

C: sorry, I had a class...so how are you?^^

DH: good..oh I brought you back something from Hawaii

C: 진짜 (really)? wow ^^

DH: yeah~ I hope you like it..oh so it's summer vacation so you don't have school anymore right?

C: classes end next week~

DH: I miss you

 

Kyuhyun was standing right outside the door and he heard what the older one said. It's been a while sincw he was in such a situation since he was been so good at avoiding it so far. A sharp pain was suddenly in his head. He quickly closed his eyes and sat down on the couch.

 

DH: so...I have tickets to this thing and..Shindong hyung is bringing Nari..so I was wondering if you wanted to go

C: oh...so what's this "thing"?

DH: Ryeowookie's musical...

 

While lying down on the couch, Kyuhyun kept his eyes closed and covered it with his forearm. He wasn't thinking of anything in particular because he wanted to avoid thinking about the event that he was able to avoid for months. He hasn't been talking D because he wanted to completely forget that he almost ruined his friendship with Donghae. Talking to her would lead to talking about C which would eventually end up in a conversation about his emotions, something he definitely didn't want to talk about.

 

He suddenly heard Donghae laugh from the bedroom and he frowned on a reflex. He closed his eyes rightet and hoped the oldef one would just go home and leave him in peace. After a few more minutes, lying peacefully, he quickly sat ip.

 

"I know what to do"

 

The older one suddenly emerged from the bedroom and saw the younger one slowly lie down again because his quick action caused him to fell the headache again.

DH: do what?

KH: huh? oh nothing

 

DH: okay...so hey I'm heading out..I have a meeting

KH: okay..see you later

 

The older one felt that the other wasn't too fond of his presence so he quietly left the dorm. As soon as the door slammed shut, Kyuhyun quickly sat up again and massaged his temples. 

 

 

That night, while lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling for over an hour, he kept on thinking about the subject he wad avoiding for a while now. He thought his ignoring it was going so well but what happened that afternoon made him realize that it wasn't easier as.it sounds. The sharp pain in his head wasn't just a coincidence because the last time that happened was the last time he saw C. He knew he had to do something about it which is why he was already tearing a hole in his ceiling with his stare.