Christmas Date and Forgiveness

Gotcha Number

C: I don’t think it’s a weird coincidence now that we’re on the same plane as them

The 2 friends sat back and relaxed while waiting for their flight back to Seoul. They were seated near the end of the plane because their tickets were bought last minute. KRY and their staff were seated in the front of the plane.

 

 

Finally leaving the ground and the seat-belt light went off. C went to the bathroom to freshen up a bit. She was just washing her hands in the tight space when someone knocked.

C: just a minute!

She wiped her hands and opened the door. The person who was waiting outside was more surprised than she was.

KH (Kyuhyun): oh…i…uh…are you done?

C: uh…yeah, I just washed my hands

They exchanged positions and Kyuhyun was now at the door. Before he could close the door and give C a shy smile, she spoke up.

C: oh and uh…thanks for last night, I had fun^^

KH: uh…yeah sure~

 

 

EH (Eunhyuk): where are you going?

DH (Donghae): I‘m going to visit C

EH: but I thought you said she was in Japan

DH: she’s coming home today and I want to surprise her^^

EH: you really are the events man

DH: what do you mean?

EH: you like surprising the girls with sweet gestures

DH: well it’s our first Christmas together and I know we haven’t been going out for too long but I want to let her know how special she is

EH: all I can do is support you my dear friend. Now go and come back with details!

The younger one left the dorm and passed by a store before heading off to C’s apartment. The building was quiet and there was a playground next to it. Donghae sat on the swings and played around while he waited for C who was expected to arrive any minute now.

 

 

Because of the chaos at the airport when they arrived, C and D disappeared into the crowd and Kyuhyun couldn't find them. He walked with his manager and everyone else and rode the van back home. C and D took the bus which wasn't a hassle because Gimpo airport was easier to get to than Incheon airport.

 

 

D: looks like your boyfriend’s here

C looked up from the ground and saw Donghae just sitting like a kid on the swings. He was burying his feet in the snow as he held on to the ropes tightly. D just nodded to her friend and went in the building. C walked up to Donghae and put her hands over his eyes. He smiled when he held on to her mittens. He knew who it was right away. She removed her hands from his eyes and he turned to look at her with an instant smile.

 

 

C: have you been waiting long?

DH: just a few minutes~ did you have a good time?

She sat on the swing next to his and swung herself a bit. He kept on smiling at her. Her skin was practically glowing and he couldn't contain himself.

C: it was the best! I've never been to Japan before and it’s so weird over there. We stayed in this hotel but our beds were like in capsules and……

She was talking too much but Donghae didn’t care. He wasn't really listening to her because he was too focused on her face. She was smiling the whole time she was talking.

C: …and then it was so weird, did you know that 규현 오빠 (Kyuhyun oppa) was the one who gave me the tickets? For the concert and the plane! It’s so weird and then we just had dinner. We hung out after the concert and it was like a dream but of course all I could think about was you the whole time

And with that he snapped out of his daze. He looked at C who didn't know he was spaced out and not listening to her.

DH: huh? Oh sorry, 규현 (Kyuhyun) was the one who gave you the tickets? Did he say why?

C: he said he wanted to apologize for ruining our date

DH: now that’s an expensive apology, did you have a good time with him?

C: he was really nice. It was weird considering he always teased me before

DH: well that’s Kyu, he can be an evil brat sometimes but he has a sweet side to him

The morning breeze was getting colder so the 2 decided to get some warmth. Never did it cross his mind that the maknae had other intentions with his outing with C. He waited for C as she changed clothes before they headed out.

 

 

DH: Merry Christmas^^

C: Merry Christmas^^

Riding his car, with the heater turned up, they drove through the streets of Hongdae as they tried to find a good place to have lunch. It was Christmas so there weren't that too many people out on the streets which was to Donghae’s advantage because he was getting tired of going out in public and having people follow him around. He knew it was part of his job but there were times when he wished he could just be like a normal person. This is why he likes C, even though she was his fan, she never treated him differently. She never forced him to do things he didn’t want to.

 

 

They got off the car and walked the short distance to the small dumpling shop in one of the small streets of the area. As soon as she got off, a breeze passed through which made C hold on to herself to be warm. He quickly went to her side and held her hand. He held on to it tight and placed it in his pocket. She felt a bit shy but she smiled when she saw him looking at her with a smile too.

 

 

The shop had barely anyone in it. It was a very small traditional shop that had less than 10 tables. They found a seat in a corner and ordered their food. He was still holding on to her hand under the table which made her blush a dark shade of pink.

DH: are you sure you want to eat here? This isn't so special for Christmas

C: any place is special^^

They couldn't stop smiling shyly at each other. They ate their food and talked a lot. It was mostly C who talked about her short trip to Japan while he just listened to her. Whenever C was nervous, she couldn't stop talking but he didn’t mind. He liked how talkative she was, it was a change from what he was used to since he himself was a quiet person.

 

 

Walking side by side under the light snow fall on them, they shyly held hands. A lot of places were closed because of the holiday so it was a bit difficult for them to find a place to hang out in.

C: you don’t have any schedules today?

DH: practice tomorrow for 가요 대전 (Gayo Daejun) at SM but now, I’m free^^

C: oh same here, I mean, I have work tomorrow

DH: let’s not think about tomorrow. What matters is now~

A small park with no one in it was where they decided to just sit and hang out in. It was really cold but as they sat next to each other on a bench, they felt warm as Thailand in the summer.

DH: you must be tired from your trip

C: it wasn't that long and I got to sleep on the plane so I’m okay~

He let her lean her head on his shoulder as he slowly rubbed her upper arm to keep her warm. He hummed a bit to create the mood.

DH: I was thinking….since you forgave Kyu, I should too

She got up from his shoulder and looked at him.

C: yeah you should. He’s one of your close friends and I hate to see you guys fight over a silly thing. I forgave my friend so it’s time you forgave yours

He smiled and let her lean her head on his shoulder again. They were just staring into the distance and looked at nothing in particular, just the light fall of the snow on the ground. He turned his head a bit and kissed the top of her head lightly. She felt his touch as she grew warmer and smiled.

DH: I got you something

He reached in his pocket and pulled out a rectangular velvet box. C got up from her position and looked at him with wide eyes. The content of the box was obvious and she had no idea who to react.

C: is this…?

He opened it to reveal a silver bracelet glittered. She was speechless; it was a bit too fast. They just started going out then he suddenly gives her jewelry, very expensive looking jewelry.

C: i…i…

DH: do you like it?

He put it on her wrist. She could feel warm tears gathering at the corner of her eyes as she looked at how gentle he was holding on to her hand.

DH: it’s not much but I heard all girls like jewelry

Suddenly all her inhibitions were set aside. She quickly pulled on his collar and crashed her lips on his. His eyes were big but they slowly closed as he held on to her cheek and they remained in the same position for a few more minutes.

 

 

Later that evening, Donghae decided to go to the dorm to have dinner with the members but when he got there barely anyone was home. The 12 floor dorm was empty and when he went to the 11 floor,  all he saw was Ryeowook cooking in the kitchen and Kyuhyun sitting lazily on the couch.

KH:  (hyung), what are you doing here?

DH: I used to live here

KH: hence the word “used to”, seriously though, I thought you’d be out with your mom or something

DH: she’s in Mokpo with our other relatives

Kyuhyun spaced out after hearing Donghae’s first word because his attention span was that long. He looked at the TV and smiled to himself.

DH: what are you so happy about?

 

Ryeowook came in with a plate of sandwiches and set it down in front of the 2.

RW: don’t mind him. He’s been like that since we got home and he wouldn't say why.

DH: did you meet a girl or something? Haha~

The younger one stiffened. Donghae was just making a joke but he changed when he noticed his joke was actually true.

DH: 진짜 (seriously)? You met a girl? Who is she?

KH: I never said that!

RW: you were never a good liar now c’mon. Spill! Who is she?

KH: just someone I met in Japan

DH: oh Japanese girl~ is she pretty?

The youngest laughed inaudibly a bit. He was actually flustered by C. He couldn't stop thinking about the good time they had the night before. However, he knew she was with Donghae so he tried to be as vague as possible in the hopes of the 2 letting it go.

DH: I’m just glad you met someone

He put his hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and rubbed it a bit to give him comfort. The younger one just sat silently and looked at the ground. There was no way he was telling anyone that the girl he fell for was his friend’s girlfriend.

 

 

KH: wait, so does this mean you forgive me?

DH: consider it forgotten

They hugged a bit and the older went into Eunhyuk’s room for some unknown reason. Wook looked at Kyu who looked like he was hiding something.

RW: are you going to tell him?

KH: I have no idea what you’re talking about

RW: I saw you ride the elevator with her. She’s his girlfriend Kyu and he just forgave you. You know he doesn't forgive people that easily.