Sorry, not Sorry

Gotcha Number

Kyuhyun was quietly sitting in a coffe shop while waiting for the couple. He has never been this nervous before, only once and that was when he sang on stage again after his accident 6 years ago. 

It was late at night but there were still quite a few people still out. A few women were whispering as they pointed at him. He just smiled and bowed at them. He was used to that kind of attention so he never really let it bother him.

He looked at his watch more than twice in the last 5 minutes. Time was moving very slow and he felt like he was slowly going insane.

"Ugh what's taking them so long? let's just get this over with"

Goosebumps suddenly covered his body. Nothing changed in the atmosphere so he wasn't sure why. 

The entrance door opened and it let in a strong gush of cold wind.He turned to see whowas responsible for turning the place into a sudden freezer. He suddenly froze when he saw her. Her arms were linked with a man who was covered up in a thick jacket.

They walked toward him as he started shaking nervously but he stopped immediately when she smiled at him.

C: have you been waiting long? sorry there was traffic coming here from my place

They sat down across from him as they took off their jackets and scarves. Donghae leaned back and draped his arm over the back of C's chair. He observed every action they did.

KH (Kyuhyun): ah..괜찮아 (that's okay)

"She's not mad at me?"

DH (Donghae): 야..왜그래 (what's the matter)? you look paler than usual

"What the? Why are they acting like this?"

KH: huh? nothing...it' just cold
He pretended to warm himself up by rubbing his hands together and blowing on them. It seems they bought his reason when Donghae decided to skip all the side stories and get to the reason why they were all there.

Kyuhyun was already going to go along with their "act". He was about to say something sarcastic to make her laugh but he beat him to speaking.

DH: let's just get straight to the point. Kyuhyun-ah...
He suddenly held C's hand and showed it to Kyuhyun. He looked at their interlaced fingers and felt his heart stiffen a bit. Donghae turned her hand and showed it to him. 

"We're getting married"

KH: 안돼 (no)!!!!!

He quickly sat upand rubbed his eyes. His head was throbbing as he let out out a deep breathe.

"It was just a dream"

Suddenly there was aloud pounding onthe door followed by the shouts of someone.

"규현아! 괜찮아?! (Kyuhyun-ah! are you okay?!)"

The knocking wasn't stopping so he stoodup to open it as he continued rubbing his head.

KH: do you mind not acting like a crazy person at 6am?
EH (Eunhyuk): 6? it's 9:30 already
KH: your point being...?
EH: I just heard you shout so I came to see if you were alright
KH: oh...nothing's wrong...is that all?
EH: geez I was worried about you and you still act like that
KH: how long have we known each other?
EH: 7 years?
KH: then you should know me by now
EH: even though you're rude, I still love you..you know that
KH: I love you too...now i'd like to brush my teeth if that's alright?
EH: yes. go. your breath stinks

He splashed water on his face and let the drops roll down his face as he hunched over the sink at looked at himself in the mirror.

"You can do this Kyuhyun"

~
C: are you ready?
DH: *deep breath* are you?

She just nodded and held his hand. He put both their hands in his pocket.They looked at the front door of the coffee shop and took a deep breath once more. 

They walked in and looked around. He wasn't there yet. They found a seat far away from the window.They sat next to each other and waited for him.

He was slowly walking down the sidewalk as he watched happy couples walk past him. He arrived at his destination and through the clear glass window, he saw her laughing. He smiled.He missed seeing her smile like that. His smile disappdared when she leaned her head on Dongharle's shoulder.

"Let's just get this over with"

He slowly opened the door and was walking straight towards them but made a quick turn to the restroom. He locked the door behind him and leaned against it as he closed his eyes.

"Damn it Kyuhyun. What's wrong with you?"

He washed his hands and checked his reflection in the mirror. He wiped his hands on his pants and stepped out.He looked to his left and saw them still sitting there.

C: *checks watch* where is he? you told him what time right?
He her cheek with the back of his hand and smiled at her.
DH: he's always late

KH: Sorry i'm late. Traffic was horrible

He quickly took the seat and removed his jacket as they stared at him. His behavior took them by surprise. He was acting the opposite of what they expected.

KH: have you guys ordered already? I heard they have good coffee here
DH: uh...not yet...

The older raised an eyebrow at the maknae because he was definitely up to something and he wanted to know what it was. C was just sitting there while thinking the same thing.

Kyu suddenly riased his hand to kne of the staff of the coffee shop. The man he called came closer and asked him what he wanted.

KH: can I have 3 menus please?
Man: uh...it's self service....and I don't work here

C suddenly laughed followed by Donghae as Kyu felt embarassed all of a sudden. But he didn't care that they were laughing at him because at least that lifted the mood a little.

He stood up and went towards the counter. He passed the man earlier as he whispered something to him.

Kh: You could've at least pretended you worked here

They watched him from across the room.
DH: What did he say?
C: how am i supposed to know?

He came back to the table while carrying a tray with 3 cups of coffee with him. He set it down and sat across from them again.

DH: now that we're done stalling, let's just get to it. Kyuhyun-ah...

Kyuhyun looked at the older one as he tensed up again. Donghae was about to speak.

KH: oh napkins!

He quickly stood up and walked briskly towards the counter to grab a handful of napkins. He walked back to sit once more.

DH: as i was saying...
He suddenly held C's hand and placed both their hands on the table. He looked at their interlaced fingers as he stiffened up again.

"Oh god. Of all the dreams that had to come true"

He looked at their fingers but there weren't any rings. He looked back at the older one, curious about what he was going to say.

DH: I'm sorry for the way I acted

"What the?"

DH: it was childish for me to take off just like that. I should've listened to what you had to say

"And now I have no idea what to say"

DH: ...and it's not like you can control who you like or not
KH: I...I'm sorry too...
DH:...but the thing is...

He held her hand tighter as she say there quietly. They looked at each other one more time before he looked at Kyuhyun again.

DH: I love her

C tugged on his hand and he looked back at her.

DH: I love her...and she loves me too

He looked back at her. She just nodded in agreement as they looked back at the maknae who looked like he was ready to run away any moment.

KH: oh..of course...isn' t that why you're together? hahahaha
He was trying to lift the mood again by pretending his heart wasn't crushed into a million pieces in less than 2 seconds.

C: are you okay?
KH: why wouldn't i be? hahahaha
DH: you're sweating
KH: I am? haha

He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. It was hard pretending that nothing was wrong as he watched them hold hands right in front of him.

His phone suddenly rang and it was his sister. He excused himself and answered him while still sitting at the table.

KH: 어 눈나 ( oh noona)
AR (Ahra): I miss you little bro!
KH: what?! you need me??
AR: huh? what are you saying??
KH: oh where are you now?? I 'll be right there!

He ended the call before his sister could put in another word.He quickly stood up and gathered his things. The 2 were taken by surprise at the maknae's sudden action.

KH: hyung I'm sorry but i have to go
DH: is your sister okay??
KH: I'm not sure but I have to go there right now
DH: yeah sure hurry..call me if you need anything

He just nodded and quickly left the 2. He ran out of the shop and turned the corner on the next block. He leaned against a wall and tooka deep breath as he closed his eyes.

"What are you going to do now?"

DH: I hope his sister is alright
C: she's fine
DH: and how do you know that?
C: can't you tell when someone's acting or not?