Hero

Gotcha Number

DH (Donghae): I'm really sorry, I hope you don't mind

C: oppa, stop apologizing. don't forget I was a fan too

DH: I invited you so I feel bad

C: don't be, it's fine

DH: so where are you now?

C: standing outside the theater, how about you?

DH: we're almost there

C: okay drive safe, see you in a bit

 

Tons of fans as well as friends and families of the people in the musical were all gathered in the lobby of the theater. It was a noisy room and C felt a bit out of place so she just stood by one of the walls and looked at the different posters on display. Because she was Asian, she was able to blend in and not call too much attention to herself. A few more minutes and they were all asked to enter and take their seats.

She was already seated comfortably somewhere in the middle. The doors were still open so she heard that the voices of the female audience grew a bit louder. She turned around and saw Shindong with Nari, trying to walk into the theater. Donghae has yet to be seen so she just looked back front and leaned on her chair again. She could hear the crowd's voice grow louder and she could tell that Donghae and the other members have arrived already.

It took a while before the members gotsettled into their seats because of the fans and the media that appeared out of nowhere. They were supposed to cover the event but it seemed that the boys' special appearance made the press change their priority for the night. 

The lights went dim and a spotlight shined on stage. C immediately sat up straight to pay attention to the first act. She was too excited that she almost jumped out of her skin when someone suddenly sat next to her and took her hand from her lap. She looked at the person and smiled. It was just Donghae and he looked really handome in his plain white t-shirt. He smiled back and looked forward to watch the show.

 

The curtains closed and the lights went on as the theater played soft music. It was time for the intermission and right before anyone could see, C let go of his hand. He looked at her for a second but looked forward again in case anyone saw him. Eunhyuk, who was seated on Donghae's left side, stood up and stretched his arms. He smiled for a bit at C and adjusted his shirt.

The break was for 15 minutes and C felt like hitting the bathroom too. As soon as she got there, there was a line as long as the great wall of China. She just sighed and decided to go back to her seat.

 

"Everyone please take your seats, Act II is about to begin"

 

EH (Eunhyuk): i have to go to the bathroom

DH (Donghae): and i need to know this because.....?

EH: you're coming with me

DH: *whisper* but the show's about to start 

EH: *whisper* so no one can see us!

The older one grabbed Donghae's arm and they left their row and up the aisle. C pretended to read the program and act as if nothing happened. Well, nothing really happened it was just that the theater was filled with fans and any slightest slip, Donghae would be all over the internet.

 

A few fans snapped pictures of the 2 running back to their seats. The show continued on and the boys clapped and cheered for Ryeowook who did a good job as Troy Bolton. They laughed at the fact that the younger one couldn't dribble a basketball even if his life depended on it. C also enjoyed the show but for the second half, she didn't make any physical contact with the person next to her. Little did they know that a few fans saw them holding hands and talking to each other in the theater. Within seconds, rumors started spreading on the internet.

 

D was sitting in a coffee shop with Aiden. It was their first date in a while so she felt that she needed to change her attitude of spazzing about the boys when she was with him. While he went to he restroom, she couldn't fight the urge anymore so she took out her phone and checked her twitter timeline. Her eyes grew bigger when she saw what the other fans said.

She didn't know why but she felt the need to text Kyuhyun so he could talk to Donghae about the rumors but unfortunately she didn't get a reply. As expected from him.

"Stupid C. Should've been more careful"

 

The members originally planned to go backstage and congratulate Ryeowook but because of the crowd, they just had to leave the theater. C did the same but a little after the boys left. She had to really pretend that it was just a coincidence that she sat next to Donghae in the theater.

While walking to the bus stop, a few girl were following her. She turned around and saw them and they looked at her curiously. She didn't know why but she felt afraid so she decided to just walk past the bus stop. After a few blocks, she thought she lost them. Her phone rang a few seconds after that.

 

DH: are you still at the theater?

C: no, i left a bit after you. why? anything wrong?

DH: turn around

 

She did as she was told and saw a familiar Audi parked a few feet away from her. She smiled and walked towards it. She knew it was him so she felt a rush of excitement once again. Before she entered the car, she looked around in case anyone saw her and as soon as the coast was clear, she got in.

DH: sorry that we had to go ahead

C: oppa, you really need to stop apologizing. i understand why you had to do those things

DH: i just feel that i'm a bad boyfriend

She hasn't formerly heard him call himself as her boyfriend but as as soon as she heard those words, she felt her heart leap. She smiled and looked into his eyes.

C: if we weren't in this relationship and i was a regular fan, i'd probably be jealous if i saw you with another girl

DH: well thank God you're not a regular fan

He smiled and leaned in towards her as he planted a soft kiss on her lips. She was caught by surprise but slowly closed her eyes and melted with him.

 

C: thanks for bringing me home, i had fun tonight

DH: next time, i'll take you some place better

C: the musical was good. Ryeowook was an excellent Troy Bolton ㅋㅋㅋ

DH: he can't play basketball if his life depended on it!

C: well he's lucky he has a hyung who can teach him~

DH: i try! but he just doesn't want to learn!

They laughed for a bit about Ryeowook and she looked at her watch.

C: it's getting late, thanks again

He smiled and looked into her dark brown eyes that reflected the moon. He was about to lean in closer but he stopped midway and straightened his back. He looked around the area in case anyone was there. Nothing but a dark empty street with a  flickering street light was there. He held the side of her face and kissed her good night.

 

She watched him drive off in his car until he turned the corner. She smiled to herself and entered her building. As soon as the glass door behind her closed, she started walking up the stairs. Suddenly she heard banging on the glass door. She looked down and saw a group of 3 girl who looked a bit mad. C knew better but she the girls might wake up her neighbors so she opened the door for them.

C: may i help you?

Fan 1: ya! who are you?

C: uh...who are you?

Fan 2: we saw you kiss Donghae oppa!

C: huh? what are you talking about?

Fan 3: oh don't play dumb! we saw you!

Fan 1: and You should be far away from him if you dont want anything happen to you ok?

C: i'm sorry, i don't know what you're talking about...and if you would excuse me, it's late and your loud voices will wake up my neighbors

She started closing the door but they banged on the door so loud, she thought it would break. They were really mad and C remembered that sasaeng fans were crazy. She never actually met one but it seems the ones at her door at the moment were good examples. She locked the door but that made them madder. She decided to just ignore them and go to her apartment.

 

"YA!"

 

A loud low voice shouted and the fans suddenly stopped. C went back down to see what happened. She saw the 3 fans facing the other way and she looked through the glass door. The 3 fans looked scared when they saw the man standing in fron of them.

 

"What is he doing here?"

 

KH (Kyuhyun): what the hell do you think you 3 are you doing??

Fan 2: i...uh..uh...

KH: get lost!

Less than seconds, the 3 girls ran away without looking back. Kyuhyun watched them turn the corner before he looked at C.

 

C was still standing on the other side of the door. She watched as he came closer, walked up the steps and right in front of her with nothing but the glass in between them. She opened the door and he suddenly held her face.

KH: are you okay?? did they hurt you??

C: i..i'm fine

KH: good. those fans were crazy

He rubbed her shoulders and checked to see if she was hurt anywhere. She was dumbfounded as she just stared at him. So many questions ran through her head.

C: how...?

KH: coincidence

C: well that's hell of a coincidence. seriously though...you disappear for months. well not really disappear but you stopped talking to us then all of a sudden you're here. you saved me. i don't know how i could thank you

KH: no thanks needed. you'd probably do the same for me

C: i would?

KH: okay fine, not really the same but something similar

C: so what happened to you?

KH: what do you mean?

C: you're here all of a sudden...and you're talking to me

KH: i just...needed time

She just accepted his vague answer when her phone rang. She fished it out of her bag and saw Donghae's name. Kyuhyun saw his name too and looked away.

C: thanks again. i'll buy you a cup of coffee some time

He smiled a bit and nodded. She answered her phone and he started walking down the street and into his car. She watched him go as she talked to Donghae who was just bidding her good night again. Kyuhyun looked back at her one more time before getting in his car.