What Now?

Gotcha Number

DH (Donghae): *sleepy voice* 여보세요 (hello)?

MG (Manager): 야! 너 지금 어디야?! (Hey! Where are you now?!)

DH: 형 (hyung)? Oh sorry, I just woke up

MG: where the hell are you?! Kyuhyun said you ran off somewhere yesterday!

DH: I just…I’m at a friend’s place. I’ll be at the dorm soon

 

He turned his head and smiled at C who was sleeping soundly on his arm. He wiped the fringe of her forehead and kissed it. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him. He was still smiling as he pulled her in closer for a hug.

 

Still in the same position, as they listened to the crash of the waves, he took a deep breath and sighed. It was dawn and the sun was slowly rising in the horizon.

 

“I wasn’t going to kill myself you know”

 

“I know…”

 

They sat up and looked at the rising sun that seemed so close they could touch it. It was beautiful, the way its rays reflected on the calm water right in front of them. She leaned on his shoulder and he leaned his head on hers.

 

DH: we’ve been here since yesterday, maybe we should head back

C just smiled and nodded at him. He helped her stand up and they walked hand in hand back to the car. It was back to reality for them and even though they didn’t know how any of them could face Kyuhyun, they drove back to the city.

 

C: so what are we going to do? We can’t just ignore him

DH: you’re telling me. I have to see him everyday

C: I wish this all just didn’t happen

DH: you’re just a likeable person I guess

C: but…I like you…only you

DH: I like you too

He held her hand and pulled her in for a hug. He rested his head on hers and kissed it. They stood in the same position for a couple of minutes.

 

C: if you see him…tell him…I’m sorry

He just nodded and slowly walked down the steps and back into his car as he waved to her goodbye and watched her enter her building.

 

“What am I going to say to him?”

 

A couple of weeks later, the boys had to go to China to promote their album. It was close quarters between the 2 who weren’t or barely speaking to each other which of course wasn’t left unnoticed by the other members.

 

Kyuhyun pretended nothing happened by playing around with the members but slowly stops being his usual self whenever Donghae enters the room. Donghae too pretended nothing happened but whenever he was asked to do something involving talking to the younger one, he would find a way to get out of it.

 

 

D: you never told me what happened

C: what happened where?

D: you and Donghae suddenly disappeared. The fan sites were going crazy you know

C: we just…went out of town

 

D: he told me what happened you know

C: who?

D: Kyuhyun. He told me about what happened at the restaurant

C was silent. She continued watching TV without saying a word to her friend who was trying to have a serious conversation with her.

 

D’s relationship with Aiden got better. They started going out again as if nothing happened. Kyuhyun stopped contacting her and she got worried but she knew what it was like to want to have private time so she didn’t bother him.

 

DH: yeah we just arrived

C: that’s good, you need some rest…do you have any schedule now?

DH: thankfully none. I’m really tired…are you doing anything now?

C: classes just ended and I’m on my way home

DH: want to grab some dinner?

C: you should rest

DH: I haven’t seen you for 2 weeks c’mon

 

EH (Eunhyuk): where are you going?

DH: out

EH: I meant, can I come?

DH: don’t you just want to rest? You were one hyperactive monkey you know

EH: hey I told you to stop calling me that. So can I come?

DH: I’m going to see C

EH: oh say hi to her for me

 

The younger one just nodded as he picked up his bag and made his way to the front door. Kyuhyun heard the whole thing and it was if the whole thing happened yesterday. Since he and Donghae weren’t speaking much, it was the first time he heard her name again.

 

He lay on his bed and looked up at the ceiling. The deafening silence was unbearable but it was something he was used to ever since Sungmin moved to another room. It’s been so long since he heard her name and he still hasn’t thought of a way to resolve the mess he made.

 

The ball was in his court and he had to do something about because he knew the longer he waited, the farther C will be and it was something he definitely didn’t want. Without thinking, he picked up his phone.

 

GaemGyu: 미안해 (I’m sorry)