Don't Talk To Me

Gotcha Number

There was silence between the 4 people as they let themselves get covered in the blanket of snow. C and Donghae weren't happy that their moment got interrupted and even more when they found out their friends were spying on them.

 

Kyuhyun just gave D a “what should we do?” look. D didn't move because she was scared and freezing at the same time. Donghae was looking right at her, probably wondering who she was and what she was doing with Kyu.

C: D, what are you doing here?

D: i…uh…

D just went blank. She had no idea what to say because nothing she could possibly say would be a good excuse as to why she was spying on her friend’s date. Kyu was just standing stiff while looking at Donghae who did not looked pleased at all.

DH (Donghae): 규현아   여깄어 (Kyuhyun-ah why are you here)?

KH (Kyuhyun): uh…manager wanted me to tell you that our schedule tomorrow will start earlier by and hour

DH: 진짜 (really)? You came out here to just tell me that? Why didn't you just call or text me?

KH: i…uh…it was important so I just went out to find you

DH: why don’t I believe you?

 

C: what are you doing here? And why are you with Kyuhyun?

C pulled D aside so she could talk to her properly. Donghae did the same thing to Kyuhyun. There was a lot of tension between the 4 of them as they stood in the freezing snow.

D: i…uh….i just wanted to see Donghae

C: that’s it? Why didn't you tell me? If you just told me, I would definitely ask him to say hi to you

 

KH: seriously. Manager hyung just told me to tell you so that you won’t be home late tonight

DH: you could have just called me; you didn’t have to go out in this freezing weather

KH: I wanted some fresh air too

DH: who’s the girl you’re with?

KH: oh her? Just C’s friend, she’s our fan too and I just thought of hitting 3 birds with one stone by showing a little fan service too

DH: and since when have you wanted to give random fan service?

 

D: okay, since we’re friends, I’ll tell you the truth….Kyuhyun oppa and I were really spying on your date

C’s face became serious all of a sudden. She just stared at her friend who immediately felt the tension coming from her stare but since she already started telling truth, there was no turning back.

C: why?

D: it’s uh….kind of hard to explain

 

DH: I know you’re the 막내 (maknae) and all but you can’t go by with that title much longer. You need to give us privacy. I was on a date and you just followed me. And I don’t believe for a second that the schedule was changed because I got a text from him 30 minutes ago saying that it was postponed to a later date

 

Kyuhyun was trapped. His lie didn’t work and it was too late to think of another one. Donghae wasn't one to easily get angry but when it came to his privacy, no one was excluded. He crossed his arms and looked at the taller one who was just staring at him with scared eyes.

 

C: hard to explain? How is it “hard to explain”?

It was the first time C got mad at D, even when they were online friends, they barely fought and now D saw what C was like when she was mad. It was like she was a totally different person. D knew that if she said the real reason, then C would ask more questions about Kyuhyun which D wasn't in the position to talk about.

 

There wasn't any shouting but D and Kyuhyun felt the anger from C and Donghae’s voices. Donghae left Kyu just standing there and walked over to C. He took her hand and walked off with her. D looked at them dumbfounded. Her friend was mad at her and she couldn't even apologize. Kyu just stared at the snow on the ground as he stood still.

 

Donghae and C went back to the car and just sat there for a while, just staring out the windshield. The snow was still falling slowly to the ground and nothing but the sound of the heater could be heard in the car. Donghae took the initiative and turned to C who had a blank expression on her face.

DH: 괜찮아요 (are you okay)?

C:  (yes)…

DH: so…that was your friend

C:  (yes)…

DH: sorry for Kyuhyun ruining everything back there

C: it’s not your fault…my friend was there too

DH: is she the one you live with?

C:  (yes)…

Donghae looks at the clock in his car and realized it was a bit late already.

DH: do you want to go home now? Oh…but your friend will be there

C was just quiet as she looked out the window again. He was right, D would most likely be at home and the 2 of them under one roof without talking might kill them.

DH: let’s just go for a drive.

He started the engine and turned the heater up as they just drove around. They didn’t have a destination, they just kept on going.

 

D walked up to Kyuhyun who looked like a puppy that was whacked with a rolled up newspaper. It was the first time Donghae was that mad at him because this time Kyu went too far. He invaded his hyung’s privacy and he couldn't even give a proper apology without saying that he liked C.

KH: because of you Donghae hyung is now mad at me!

D: and because of you my only friend is mad at me!

They 2 were now in a screaming battle of nonsense because it was both their fault. They were fighting over the binoculars and Kyu ended up elbowing D in the eye which caused her to shout and disturb C and Donghae.

 

D was so mad that she stomped of and went back in the direction from where they came from, leaving Kyu in the same spot.