Wondering

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Massive bombshell at the bottom of the page (you'll see what I mean...)

{58 days to go...}

Yoona brought her hand up; hesitating on whether or not she should knock. A part of her was conflicted. She really didn’t want to knock. She really wanted to avoid the person behind the closed doors. She really wanted to run away and never see that person ever again. But as she rationalised with herself, she was older than the 22 year old self she was when she had first met him. During the time between then and now, she had matured. And being the mature person she was, she decided that it was best to get it over and done with.

She tapped her knuckles against the metal door before waiting patiently for an answer. She heard a faint ‘come in’ and she entered the room. The first thing that Yoona noted was that his office hadn’t changed one bit. It was still the same as it was four years ago. However, there was one slight difference. When she and Taecyeon were together, he would display their best couple photos at random places in his office. Now she noted that there were no more photos up instead all those photo frames by the wall, had been replaced by paintings or professionally made photographs of abstract paint or beautiful landscape. Something she felt added a nice touch and a bit of colour to his otherwise black office.

She made her way over to his desk which required her to ascend stairs to actually get there. She thought that it was only him who was in his office. But as it turned out it wasn’t. Someone else was also there.

Yoona recognised the woman all too well. At one stage, they had been happily enjoying each other’s company and were planning a wedding together. From the decorations, the flowers, the food, the reception, the dress and the guests; it had been a happy time. But those days were long in the past and did her no good if she decided to revisit those memories. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to come back to Korea after all.

“Please take a seat,” Taecyeon said as he gestured towards the seat on Yoona’s right. She gave him an awkward smile before settling down into the seat.

“Hi Yoona, how are you doing?” she heard the person next to her say. She turned towards her left to look at the person properly. Even though, it had been a couple of years since she last saw her but it was evident on her face that the years hadn’t gotten to her. Her face hadn’t changed one bit. In any case, she looked younger, or was it more make-up?

“I’ve been good,” she replied with caution. For a time back then, Yoona and Hana had gotten along really well. However now Yoona was feeling somewhat like what she first felt when she was in the woman’s presence when she used to work in the mansion: scared.

Yoona saw Hana’s eyes divert itself from her face to somewhere else. She heard Hana sigh, “So… you’re engaged.” The lady didn’t sound so shocked or surprised, Yoona noted to herself. It sounded like she already knew and was just saying it more to herself.

“Yeah, I am.” She agreed.

Yoona heard Hana sigh once more. She saw the older lady divert her attention from the ring to between the two former lovers. She sighed again. Sensing that something was wrong, Yoona blurted out, “What’s wrong?”

Hana shook her head as though it was nothing in particular. “Oh it’s nothing. It’s just that you’re engaged now and I was just remembering how you used to be engaged to my son.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter