Initiating

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{25 days to go…}

“Hey, Suzy,” Taecyeon called out to his girlfriend.

Hearing her name, she spun around and smiled at him. He looked uncomfortable, almost guilty. She tried to think of something that he had done to her that would have made him guilty. Nothing came to her mind. Why would Taecyeon look guilty?

Taecyeon started, almost unsure as to what to say before deciding to get straight to the point, “I don’t think this relationship is working.”

Suzy froze. She thought for a moment she must have misheard him, “What?”

He continued, “I still have feelings for Yoona. I still love her more than anything. And you are always with Seung Gi. I think we should stop here.” He took a deep breath, “I don’t want to use you anymore.”

She could almost see everything crumbling before her eyes. All her hard work was for nothing. Everything that she did was all for nothing. She did not succeed this time with Taecyeon. She did not succeed last time with Myungsoo- he was a part of her life that she would rather forget altogether. (But it’s hard to forget the person who gave you a reason to live and not simply function.) She did not have much time left. In the end, she would have to pay the price of the choice that she made all those years ago.

Taecyeon kept a cautious eye on his now ex-girlfriend. “At first, I thought that you might be able to replace Yoona. But you can’t,” he tried to see a sign that would let him know about her reaction. Her face remained oddly calm and composed. “And it’s not your fault that you can’t replace her.”

“You can’t do that,” Suzy could feel pain prick the back of her eye. She could feel a tear threatening to spill. From a young age, she had taken acting skills but she knew that this tear was genuine. It was not the result of years of acting classes. It was the realisation that everything she had done to desperately escape from the consequences of her choices was all in vain. But she could not give up so easily. She could not let herself be so easily knocked off and then be unable to get back up again. She would not do that. She had to try. Even if her gut instinct told her that it wouldn’t work, she still had to try.

Taecyeon looked at her in surprise, not quite understanding what she was saying for a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter