Reconnecting

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Man, it has been forever since I have updated but after continuous prompting from Soshisone93 (yes, you all have her to thank) to update, I decided to do it. I realise that I promised to update ages ago before I left Japan and also finish the fic as well but that did not happen; for that, I am terribly sorry. However, I am still busy and I cannot guarantee when another update will come. It may help, because it has been so long to re-read the previous chapter to refresh your memory. 

And finally, I must thank you all for waiting so patiently :) BTW, do comment!

Jen

Wooyoung has never quite felt this way before in a very long time – nervous. But this type of nervous was different to the typical type of nervous. He was nervous because he was standing in front of a girl’s door and he had no idea what her reaction would be like. He was anticipating that she would open the door to him and be a little surprised at his appearance on her front doorstep but he half-expected a slap across the face. This wasn’t just any girl’s front door. It was the girl who-he-might-have-given-a-ually-transmitted-disease-to’s front door. It was the girl who-he-got-fired’s front door. It was Taeyeon’s front door.

Reassuring himself with the bouquet of flowers that he had bought this morning in hopes of pleasing her and somewhat smoothing out his apology, he knocked on the door. There wasn’t a doorbell. In fact, in this neighbourhood where Taeyeon lived, there wasn’t a lot of wealth that people displayed on the exterior of their homes. Actually, it was safe to say that this was a dodgy neighbourhood where crime rates soared and domestic abuse was a regular occurrence. It just seemed like one of those neighbourhoods where a guy, no matter how close he was to her, would never let a girl walk by herself.

When the door did open, Taeyeon was revealed as she looked at him through the crack of her door. Realising that it was him with a questionable display of flowers in his hands, she opened the door wider but she kept her stance in the doorway. She had no idea what he was doing and this wasn’t exactly the best of times but she was curious as to why he was on her front doorstep. But that wasn’t the question that bugged her the most.

“How did you get my address?” she demanded, hands on her hips.

“Well,” he started as he began to fidget with the bouquet in his hands, “I contacted a few people to find out where you lived,” he registered her look of disbelief as she stared at him incredulously but he quickly added, “but that’s beside the point.” She stood there, looking at him rather suspiciously.

“The point is,” he continued as he tried to muster up as much confidence as possible, “I’m sorry for making you lose your job.” He shoved the bouquet at her, finding the ground far more interesting than her face.

Taeyeon took the flowers and observed them carefully. She glanced back at the heir standing on her front doorstep who had his gaze fixed on the ground but every now and again, he would look up to see her face and determine what she felt about his apology.

“You know,” she started, “for an heir, you’re quite pathetic at apologising.” At this, she could see that her words had an impact on him and he looked a little disappointed. She continued, “And for a playboy, you’re terrible with words.”

Unsure of what to think of himself, he looked up at her and could not hide his disappointment quick enough when his gaze fell upon h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter