Conversing

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{62 days to go..}

Hana ran her hand down the many leather materials in the form of accessories in designer brands. She scanned over each one. However, to her dismay, she could not find one that met up to her expectations. Sighing, she moved onto a different shelf with different styles of handbags; hoping that she would end up buying one of from this store. After all, it was her favourite store whenever she went to the US. But as things were turning out, she didn’t think that she would be able to make a single purchase.

Browsing them over, she found nothing pleasant to her eyes. She sighed in defeat; there was no point in staying here any longer than necessary. She exited the store unnoticed by the staff and customers.

Her heels clicked against the tiled floors of the mall as she made her way to another designer shop she knew. Occasionally, she had to dodge people who were all walking somewhere; some aimlessly walking as they chatted with their friends or romantic interest, others walking purposely with swift steps to another location like they were in a hurry.

Hana kept her head high and took every stride with confidence. Even though not many people knew who she was, it was still important to keep up appearances. She rounded the corner; her lips twitching into something that resembled a triumphant smile. The store was just ahead. But that wasn’t the reason for the pleasant feeling that swam inside of her. In big white letters, there was a sign saying that the store had reduced most of its prices. Through the window, she could see some handbags that caught her eye. It turned out that she wasn’t going to go back to the hotel empty-handed after all.

Marching, Hana entered the store and almost raced to the handbag section. It was the only section that seemed to suit her tastes today. Her eyes surveyed all the luxurious items on sale. Nothing really stood out to her. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a cream coloured handbag. It was simple and sophisticated; it was perfect. She made her way over to the handbag; her hand reached out to grab it.

She eyed the handbag before she saw it disappear from her sight. She blinked and dropped her hands to her side. One moment the handbag was within her sight and her grasp, the next thing she knew the bag was completely gone. It wasn’t like it had magical powers and could disappear wherever and whenever it felt like it. There was only one other obvious explanation for its sudden and disappearance; someone else had snatched the bag before her.

A voice cut through her thoughts. “Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t realise that you were going to take it,” the voice said in fluent English. Even though the lady who had snatched the bag before her had apologised, Hana wasn’t stupid or dense to not know that the lady was being sarcastic. She was not sorry at all. Anger rippled through her; no one ever treated her like that. Not even one of those y wives of rich business men back in Korea who liked to gossip about her behind her back.

She turned to the person. She was going to give the lady a piece of her mind. She opened , a tumble of harsh words ready to spill from her tongue. It was close to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter