Growing

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{26 days to go…}

Hana stepped out of Taecyeon’s office, letting the door gently close behind her. She had just finished meeting up with her son. As usual, she fussed about his general wellbeing. Now that she had finished, the genuine smile that she had on her face slowly began to drop. It froze before it disappeared completely as her facial expression went from happy to serious. Instead, she smirked for a moment before she led herself to Suzy’s office. She was going to have a little meeting with her son’s girlfriend, considering what she had just heard from the investigator the previous night. If it was true then there was absolutely no doubt that Taecyeon and Yoona would be together.

Her heels clicked and clacked on the tiled floor as she made her way to her designated location. Within a few steps, she found herself in front of her destination. Bringing up a perfectly manicured hand to the door, she almost lightly knocked on the door. But she stopped herself before she knocked on it. After all, she needed a dramatic entrance. Quickly, she wiped out off her smirk and arranged her features into a ‘straight face’. Instead, she placed her hand on the door handle and pushed the door open vigorously.

Suzy leapt up in surprise. Noticing who was before her, she immediately stood up and bowed her head in respect. She had no idea what Taecyeon’s mother was doing here and why she was here in her office and not in her son’s. The lady had already made it clear that she did not like Suzy but Suzy still had to entertain her until she decided to leave. She was her boss and because of that, Suzy could not let her true colours show. Placing a friendly smile on her face, Suzy gestured towards the chairs in front of her desk. “Please take a seat.”

“There is no need,” coldness present in her tone, Hana ventured into the office. Suzy’s smile slowly dropped as Hana gestured for her to sit down. “I won’t be long.”

Hana took a closer look at the girl’s expression. She looked almost disappointed, but Hana knew better. She knew that while the girl looked disappointed, she must definitely did not feel that way – unless she was desperate. “Don’t look so disappointed,” she started harshly, sick of the girl’s acting around both her and her son, “It is not needed for someone who is not that innocent.”

Hana carefully observed the sitting girl. Her eyes had widened for a fraction of a second but it was enough for Hana to know that she would come away successfully. Suzy looked genuinely confused but they both knew far better, “I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Suzy softly said with an innocent look on her face.

“You don’t know what I’m talking about?” Hana asked, deciding to entertain the girl’s hopes for a second. But the moment that the girl would realise that her hopes and what she was currently doing was not enough to help her stay away from the consequences of her past: oh, that moment was going to be magical!

Suzy innocently nodded, “I really don’t know.” She was trying to prove her innocence further but it wasn’t working.

“Well, I’m talking about you and Lee Seung Gi; and what you both did in Japan. You know, before you came to Korea?”

Hana could see the younger girl tense. “What do you want?” Suzy demanded, all pleasantries gone from her voice.

For a moment, the older lady was genuinely surprised. She had expected the younger girl to act like Seung Gi when she threatened him and not let her true colours show. Instead, she went strictly down to business; fully aware that no matter how much she denied it, it would not work. “What do I want?” Hana laughed, sounding exactly like when she threatened others and laughed to increase their doubt and fear. It was a skill that needed a lot of practice before it could be done successfully and obtained the right effect. “It’s simple, really. I want you to leave Taecyeon and never see him again.”

The girl looked determined as she delivered her next lie, “I won’t do it. I love him.”

The older woman laughed again because they knew that that was an outrageous lie. “Are you sure that you love him?” The girl looked doubtful as Hana continued, “Even if you do, you love using him much more.” She stared at Suzy as Suzy could not help but think that the older lady, who had ample amounts of knowledge and experience, was right. Hana continued, “Besides, I can always tell them... or perhaps tell them where you live. It wouldn’t be that hard.”

She could see it as clear as day: Suzy had temporarily frozen. Hana could not stop the feeling of triumph that tempted to ignite every fibre of her being and let her show her victory to everyone. But Hana was trained in hiding her emotions and keeping them to herself, and she knew better than letting Suzy know that she was triumphant. “I’ll let you think about it, but if you were smart, you would leave and flee while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter