Disguising

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{70 days to go...}

Taecyeon tapped his foot impatiently. He was in line to get into the best club there was in Seoul. Friday nights were club nights. Well it was for him anyway. But this Friday night was different. It was New Year's Eve and Jessica and Jay's engagement party. She had rented the whole club for the night. The theme, as Jessica had always dreamed about,  was modern masquerade. The essence of the club was still there but Jessica wanted everyone to be masked. Their identities, a secret.

To the paparazzi, everyone thought it to be strange that Jessica and Taecyeon were friends, considering what happened 4 years ago. After breaking off the engagement with her, he hadn't talked to her in 6 months. It turns out that Jessica was actually really good friends with her so that was how he became friends with Jessica. Jay naturally became a friend and was introduced to the rest of the boys.

Finally, he thought. He was at the front of the line. Work had finished late so he was one of the last people to join the party. The security guard at the front naturally let him through. He was a regular here. Entering the threshold, Yuri (aka Khun's wife) shoved a box in his face. He picked a random mask and put it in.

The party was already in full swing. He joined where the boys were, climbing down the stairs to get to the couches and tables. He found Nichkhun on the couches, with a drink in his hand, talking to Jay. It wasn't hard to recognise them since one had blonde hair while the other had his signature spiked hair. One was married, the other engaged. So it wasn't a mystery that they weren't on the dance floor, within the mix of sweaty bodies. He recognised Chansung's voice as he was talking to his girlfriend, Sooyoung. 

Taecyeon looked out at the crowd, wondering where all the others were. He searched the bar, at the other side of the club, to find Junsu's arms around two girls, flirting with them as they flirted back. Searching the dance floor, Junho was dancing with his girlfriend of 3 months, Hyoyeon. It didn't take too much effort to find them; their dancing style stood out from the crowd and so did Junho's red hair. Wooyoung was harder to find. But he had blonde spiked hair and he was also dancing. With plenty of girls around him.

He wondered where he should go. He wasn't going to stay up on the couch. So either he was going to the bar or the dance floor. But there weren't a lot of people at the bar. Well, not many girls anyway. The dance floor was just fine. He told Nichkhun, Jay and Chansung that he was going to the dance floor. They nodded their heads, before going back to their respective conversations.

Taecyeon climbed down a few more steps before getting to the dance floor. He began to tap his feet to the music as he moved through the crowd. Girls, presumably Jessica's family and friends, crowded around him. Dancing to the beat. Some were so close that he could literally feel them breathing on his neck. Their hands touched his shirt, feeling his muscles. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter