Persuading

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{54 days to go...}

“I want to change the wedding.” Seung Gi kept a straight face. He looked like he was serious. Even so Yoona desperately hoped that this wasn’t one of his, as he called it, ‘funny’ jokes.

Yoona’s mind went into a blur. What did he just say? Did her fiancé say what she thought he just said? He didn’t say that he wanted to change the wedding. There was no possible way that was happening. Why would he want to call off the wedding? Was it something that she’d done? Was it something that had happened during their stay in Korea? Was it because he had found out that she had an ex-fiancé that she didn’t tell him about? But that was all in the past. She knew for a fact that Seung Gi still kept in close touch with some of his ex-girlfriends. She was sure that he was understanding enough to not throw a tantrum to know that she was… becoming associated with her ex once more. But then why did he want to change the wedding?

Or was it because of an entirely different reason? Was it because he found out? Was it because he made the connection between her child and Taecyeon? He wasn’t supposed to know. Seung Gi had never met Taecyeon face to face before. There would be no explanation as to why he would know. When he asked her who the father was she told him that it was the result of a one-night stand. He couldn’t possibly figure it out. Unless…

Unless by some weird twist that she had not seen coming, Taecyeon knew that he had a child with her and told Seung Gi. If Geun Suk was right about Taecyeon then it would be the most likely thing that he would do. Maybe he loved her enough to let her go and let her happy with someone else. But if he hadn’t changed then he wouldn’t have done so. He would have done the complete opposite and let Seung Gi know which would result in no wedding and him swooping in, demanding to become a presence in his child’s life.

But he couldn’t know. She made sure that her child stayed out of the tabloids and kept them away from media. Only her parents and some of her most trusted co-workers knew about her child’s existence. She was extremely cautious and made sure that no one knew. She couldn’t risk having someone know. Because if they did, it was only a matter of time before it reached Taecyeon. So the question was how did Taecyeon find out about his child?

She stopped thinking for a moment and took a step back. That wasn’t right. Why was she thinking about Taecyeon? She loved Seung Gi. She should be thinking about how to get him back. She should be thinking about how to undo whatever it was that happened that made him blurt out those words. She should be thinking about why he would say that, which she was, but her thoughts had slowly moved to why Taecyeon knew he had a child. Why was she suddenly thinking about him all of a sudden? And why did she not feel that heart wrenching feeling she felt when she left Taecyeon after he treated her so badly?

“It’s not what you actually think…” Seung Gi’s voice startled Yoona. She jumped a little in shock. He didn’t notice though. “I didn’t mean cancel the wedding. I just wanted to change venues.” He explained. Relief swept through her body and another ugly feeling that she didn’t like but couldn’t identify.

Ignoring the weird feeling she turned her attention to Seung Gi, “Where to?”

He shrugged his shoulders before replying nonchalantly, “Here, in South Korea. It seems like a good place.”

She was confused. “Why? What’s wrong with Japan?”

He shrugged his shoulders again. “I don’t know. Now that I’m here in Korea, I feel that it’s better to have our wedding here.”

For one Yoona agreed with Seung Gi, it was better to have the wedding here but she was still against the idea. She knew what this meant. It meant prolonging there initial stay in Korea from 20 days to roughly 60. While a part of her rejoiced for the longer stay in Korea, a part of her hated it. It meant more time in Korea. That meant that there was more time and a higher possibility for her secret to be discovered by her ex, especially now that she was hanging out with friends that also came from the same social circle that he did.

“No.” Her answer was firm. “There’s nothing wrong with the venue back in Japan so I don’t see the reason why we have to have our wedding here.” She didn’t want him to find out. Seung Gi did know about her son and they had fought so many times over him and he would always end up crying when he found out they had been arguing about him. Granted that she hadn’t passed off the child as his, but she knew that he was sure to explode if he knew the truth.

“My parents would like it if the wedding was held here.” That made Yoona bite down on her lip.

Seung Gi clearly knew that she and his mother did not get along very well. He knew that if she agreed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter