Manipulating

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cameo appearance: Super Junior's Donghae...

The sweet aromas of coffee wafted its way around the shop, giving the shop a cosy feeling. Yoona waited at a table, her fingers cold and shivering. Something was wrong with the heating system in the café and it couldn’t keep the coldness of the storm outside away from it. She wished that her cup of coffee would come sooner so that she could press her fingers against the cup to warm her fingers and take a big whiff of its fragrance while she was at it.

She stared at the table to see a cup of coffee appear in front of her eyes with a packet of sugar to the side. She smiled instantly and added in the sugar before stirring it and taking a sniff. She took a careful sip of the coffee, aware of how hot it was and that it could potentially burn her tongue. She put the cup of coffee down, the temperature made her feel warmer and fuzzy on the inside. She took a look at the person in front of her, Jang Geun Suk. “Thank you.”

Under different circumstances it would have weird to see Jang Geun Suk and Im Yoona sitting at the same table and drinking coffee at the same time. But these were not different circumstances. After she had left Korea, she and Geun Suk had been keeping in touch with each other through the occasional phone call or email. Throughout their conversations, there was an unsaid agreement to not talk about his cousin. After she was engaged to Taecyeon, Geun Suk was not too happy with them getting together. He had been the one to see her off at the airport when she left, heartbroken that Taecyeon didn’t come after her like he did before. It was then they agreed to become friends and remain friends. Hence, the contact that they kept while both were in different countries.

Even though they once had romantic attachments with each other, she told him that she was engaged to Seung Gi while he told her that he was also seeing someone. He said her name was Park Shin Hye and back then, she had no idea who it was. But as soon as she came to Korea, it clicked in her mind when she saw the name Park Shin Hye on a promotional poster for a drama that was currently airing. Apparently she was becoming a popular actress. Yoona felt happy for Geun Suk to know that he had found someone.

Yoona watched him as he took a delightful sip of his coffee. She remembered that he never used to like coffee. He used to say that it was bad for your health in the long term and that no matter how many packets of sugar and cream you added, the bitter taste would never leave. She saw a small smile light up on his face. Park Shin Hye made him appreciate coffee for its taste, its smell and its worth - a feat that she could never achieve.

Yoona looked down at her own coffee and took another sip of it. It had been a long time since she talked to Geun Suk. Maybe it was time to do some catching up. “How’s everyone been?”

She watched as the man opposite her put down his cup. He sighed, “It’d be better if you didn’t know.”

Yoona sat up a little straighter. Curiosity always got the better of her, “What is it? What’s wrong?”

“Everyone has been doing fine so far but someone didn’t exactly have the best time of his life.” She was going to ask who but Geun Suk continued without even looking at her. “He was really depressed. He started getting into bar fights and got submitted into hospital for the injuries he obtained. Half the time, he beat the other guy into a pulp and was arrested so many times for violence. We had to bail him out so many times that I’ve lost count. He almost lost his life you know.”

Her tongue was ready to ask a question but part of her already knew what the answer was. She still asked for confirmation anyway. “Who? Who is it? Who are you talking about?”

Geun Suk took another sip as his lips formed a thin line, “You know very well who.”

Of course she knew who it was. It was Taecyeon. Taecyeon was the one who went all through all of these experiences in hospitals, bars and with the police. But why? Why would he go through all those bad experiences after she disappeared? It didn’t make sense. While they were together, he left her heartbroken so many times and never heeded any of her warnings of her leaving him. She was sure that he fell out of love but didn’t have the guts to tell her. After he stopped loving her, she was positive that he was only playing with her feelings as to prolong their relationship for that long. Or he wanted there to be a second choice when he had no other options. All of these things only happened after she left. Because she left, all these things-

The realisation dawned on her as she realised that she was wrong. She was sure that he fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter