Discovering

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{47 days to go…}

Yuri waited patiently inside the gates for her little boy to come into her line of sight. It was almost time for Mason to come out of his preschool class and she anticipated her son’s arrival. It was his first day at preschool and as a mother; she really wanted to know how her son’s first day was. Not a lot of her husband colleagues’ children actually went to preschool. Their mothers thought that they were superior and clever enough to figure out everything themselves when they went to the best private school in the country with an impeccable reputation. She was glad that she and Nichkhun had decided to send their little son to preschool because he would be interacting with unfamiliar people who he could make great friends with.

As the bell rung, she saw a crowd of children come out from behind the doors and past the playground where their parents waited for them. She heard someone say, “Mummy!” and on instinct, she turned to wherever the voice was. She found her little bundle of joy running to her with his arms outstretched. Bending down, she gathered him in her arms when he reached her. She gave him a kiss on the forehead before putting him down. “How was your day, Mason?”

“Today I made lots of friends. We all played together and laughed and it was so much fun. I can’t wait to come here tomorrow!” the child exclaimed excitedly to his mother.

Yuri smiled. Today was a good experience for her son and she was happy that her son hadn’t been a victim of bullying or anything of the like. Suddenly she could almost feel as if her son was hesitating from telling her something. He normally did this when he was in trouble and she hoped that he hadn’t caused trouble on his first day. “Mason, what is it?” her mind dreading for the worst.

“I didn’t do anything, mummy. We had someone who came from Japan, but his mummy’s Korean and he doesn’t who his daddy is. He didn’t talk to anyone and no one talked to him, either. I asked him to pass a crayon and we were friends but no one liked it. Did I do the right thing, mummy?” Yuri watched as her son put a pout on his face, making him look adorable.

She could feel her heart swell with pride. “Darling, you didn’t do anything wrong. You did the right thing.” She smiled at him affectionately as he smiled back at her, happy that he had made his mummy proud.

“Look, mummy, there’s Taehyun, my friend.” Yuri turned around to where her son was pointing, showing off her new friend. She observed the little boy as she watched his interactions with his mother. It looked normal but to Yuri, it was anything but normal.

She looked at her son, “Is that lady with Taehyun his mother?”

She watched her son scrunch his face and then nod, mumbling something about how Taehyun said his mummy was pretty and she was but in Mason’s eyes, his own mother would be the prettiest.

“Guess what Mason?”

“What, mummy?” the little boy asked surprised.

“Because you did such a good thing today, you can stay at Taecyeon appa’s place.”

She watched, out of the corner of her eye, her son as he cheered, excited to be spending time with his godfather for the night. The rest of her eyes were focused on Taehyun and the woman who was his supposed mother. She did not know that Taehyun existed when she was sure that she was meant to years ago. She did not know what Yoona was a mother when she was sure she was meant to years ago. She did not know that Yoona had a son when she was sure she was meant to years ago.

“Guys, this is Im Taehyun, my son,” Yoona said proudly as she introduced her son to his aunties.

Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were immediately smitten with the sight of the little boy. They all adored him which put a smile on his mother’s face. Her son was an adorable four year-old who couldn’t quite pronounce Korean words correctly. But this only made them adore him even more. She watched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter