Hesitating

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It seems like someone has been keeping secrets! Enjoy...

Taecyeon dropped his pen onto the contract before letting out a low chuckle. “Come on, I’ll lift you up so you can reach the sink.” He stood up and crossed the length of the room in good spirits. The boy let out a ‘yay’, supposedly overjoyed to know that his father was helping him. Taecyeon led the little boy outside, presumably to the toilet, closing the door with a soft click. His behaviour and actions were only more proof to her thoughts. Yoona was sure that Taecyeon was a father.

More questions popped into her head like how and when. How was pretty simple; there was no need to dwell on that any longer before unwanted images flooded her head. When was something a little more pleasant to figure out. She estimated that the boy was probably 4 years old, which meant the child had to be conceived a little before that.

Hot tears swept down her cheeks as she felt betrayed. 4 years ago, they were together. He had cheated on her while they were together. Yoona supposed that along Taecyeon had cheated on her during one of his parties, slept with another girl and the two made a child together. He could already be married by now with the girl who was the mother of his child.

The opening of the door distracted Yoona from her train of thoughts. She hurriedly brought her arm up to her face and wiped all the hot angry tears that had spilled. She heard the gleeful laughter of an innocent child as he entered and settled down on the couch. She heard Taecyeon playing with his son and for some reason, every second still in his presence made her heart feel like a knife was being shoved into her heart bit by bit. It wasn’t because she still had feelings for him, she convinced herself. It was because the betrayal was too great for her. It grasped onto too many parts of her soul, pulled on too many emotional strings and played too many emotions on her heart.

Taecyeon made an aeroplane sound and the child laughed, trying to imitate his father. She couldn’t stand it any longer. She grabbed the contract and the pen before standing up. She turned around and made her way to the couch where Taecyeon and his son were. They looked like they were in a happy bubble. She felt another sting in her heart. Taecyeon had been happy without her in the picture. He was probably like that ever since she left. Happy, content, married someone and had a son from her, which was probably the result of a one-night stand.

“You have a nice son,” she told him blankly. That, she decided would be a good conversation starter.

Taecyeon froze and the colour from his face drained away until he was a shade paler. “He’s not my son.”

She wasn’t sure why but a slight sense of relief grasped her senses. The little boy wasn’t Taecyeon’s son. It was probably because it was good to know that he wasn’t sleeping with other women while they were still together. “Whose son is he?”

The little boy was unaware of the conversation as he continued to play with his toy car, making car sounds as he rolled the car along the couch and down onto the carpet. Taecyeon looked at the little boy before turning towards Yoona, “His name’s Mason. He’s Khun and Yuri’s son.”

It made sense. She put the contract and the pen onto the table in front of the couch before sitting on the couch herself. Something didn’t quite fit in, “Why does he call you Appa?”

“I’m his godfather.” Yoona was confused. Normally in Korea godfathers were not called Appa; they we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter