Scheming

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, I've been on a terrible writer's block lately so I'm very sorry for the long update! Anyhow, may I present to you chapter 5...

Jessica glanced impatiently at her watch. There was still one person missing. She wondered why that person wasn’t here. Her fingers began to drum the table, her fingernails making rhythmic clicks on the surface. Everyone else was here: Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and someone who was new to their inner circle, Tiffany.

Of course, there inner circle consisted of more people. Like Sunny and Seohyun. Sunny was somewhere in Europe, living with her husband of two years, Sungmin. Over talks with her on the phone, Jessica had found out that Sunny was pregnant and she seemed to be happy about her life over there in Europe. Seohyun, on the other hand, was in Washington D.C. studying about the refined arts and had been over there for three years. Even though Seohyun insisted that she was studying her off, Jessica could still tell that there was something odd up with the maknae. She just couldn’t quite put her finger on what it was.

While she was absorbed in her own thoughts, Jessica realised that she had been the only person who wasn’t really talking to anyone. Tiffany and Yuri had hit off talking about fashion. Tiffany was probably any man’s dreams. She was beautiful, funny, witty and social. There was only one problem; she wasn’t the most easy-going person out there. This personality trait of hers led her to have plenty of relationships, all of which ended up in her being heart-broken.

Yuri was already taken. She was just a normal person who went to school every day. She had it hard, having to support herself and her sick mother in hospital. Along the way she met Nichkhun who immediately became her sworn enemy. They always fought and if it wasn’t until someone pointed it out, they would never have realised that they were in love with each other. That was 7 years ago. Now, Yuri was happily married to Nichkhun and they had two children; Mason, their four-year-old and Chelsea, their newborn baby.

Jessica noted that Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were discussing something, their voices raised just a little louder than usual. Jessica soon realised that they were having a competition of who had the better boyfriend; Junho or Chansung. She thought that she would have to join the competition, but quickly realised there was absolutely no point at all. Jay was the best, at least in her eyes anyway.

Jessica almost laughed when she suddenly realised something. Some four years ago, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung wouldn’t be the ones arguing over who had the better boyfriend. Instead, it would be her and Yoona. She could still remember their arguments over which was better; Jay or Taecyeon. Back then, Yoona would always win the argument and Taecyeon would always come out to be the better boyfriend. Now, after what happened four years ago, it was safe to say that Jay was the better one.

All these thoughts of the past had reminded her about something. Last night had been her and Jay’s engagement party. Of course Taecyeon was invited; he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter