Hindering

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We are now officially halfway through the story as there will be 29 chapters + 1 epilogue. There may be bonus chapters. Another thing I wanted to mention is that just before I put up Chapter 14,  there were 118 subscribers. Now, within 24 hours, there are 139 subscribers.  The number increased by over 20! You guys are daebak! :) Enjoy...

{48 days to go…}

Hearing the familiar ringtone of her phone, Hana turned to where her phone lay. Seeing the name that she was somewhat anticipating for come up on her screen, she could almost feel that enormous power coming back to her side. She was winning. She could almost taste victory. She had to quickly assure herself that maybe it was the other way around. Maybe there was nothing. She didn’t like that idea and immediately shoved it elsewhere. Nonetheless, she still felt a little anxious.

She quickly dropped the tedious financial reports in her hands onto her desk and picked up the call. “Hello?”

“Ms. Ok?” the man asked inquiringly.

“Yes?” she said a little too fast. She was expectant of good news.

“There was nothing.” Her heart dropped as quickly as it had risen.

“Nothing?”

“Nothing,” the private investigator, T.O.P., who she had hired to investigate Seung Gi’s background, told her. She could already taste bitter defeat but she was not to be deterred.

The man continued, “He comes from a normal family with two older sisters, attended a private school in Korea before moving onto Seoul University, where he studied to be an online security technician. He worked in Japan before moving back here only recently.”

“There is nothing suspicious at all?” a hint of hope still lingered in her voice. She was determined to find a flaw, no matter how little of a flaw it was to drive Seung Gi and Yoona apart.

“No, there is nothing of the kind. He doesn’t have any secrets and his record is clean. Nothing’s suspicious.” Having it confirmed only made her spirits dampen but she was not going to give up. She was never going to give up when it came to her son’s happiness.

Hana didn’t really find any need to knock on the door. She was, after all, his mother. She simply barged into his office because after feeling her spirits dampened, the only one who could genuinely make her feel happy again was her son, Taecyeon. Despite the many times that he had disappointed her as a son, she loved him and wanted the best for him. Unfortunately, the best for him was currently off the market – but only temporarily. She would personally make sure of it.

She felt somewhat defeated after her new-found discovery was made and decided that if she saw her son, it would renew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter