Seeing

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{31 days to go…}

“Omma!” Yoona immediately turned to see her little bundle of joy looking at her with pleading eyes. “I really want that big teddy bear.” He pouted slightly, hoping that his mummy would get him what he wanted. She took a glance up at what her son, Taehyun, wanted. The big teddy bear was a prize and Yoona knew that it was unlikely that she would be able to get it. It required shooting and aiming at harmless targets and Yoona had never been good at aiming.

“Well, I’m not so good at aiming,” she started.

“Please, mummy, I really want that teddy bear,” her son begged her. They were at an amusement park. They were supposed to go on a ride but her son had insisted on getting the teddy bear, regardless of the means required. He couldn’t play because he was too short to reach and aim for the targets properly. She wasn’t the best either and despite the many toys he had, her son had never won one in an amusement park in a game before. She supposed that she should give him the teddy bear.

“Seung Gi,” Yoona called out to her fiancé. He didn’t move from his spot or even turn towards her. He simply stared at something in the distance as though in deep thought. “Seung Gi,” she repeated herself, this time a little louder.

Immediately breaking out of the trance, he looked at her somewhat startled, “Yes?”

Yoona stared at him for a moment. “Taehyun wants the teddy bear. Could you try to get it for him?”

He immediately nodded, “Of course,” he mumbled as he went to pay the man so that he could pay the game. Yoona frowned. All day Seung Gi had seemed distracted and whatever it was, it was bothering him. Yoona could tell. But whatever it was, she hoped that he would share his worries. She sighed. This was probably the only time that the three would get a chance to do what real families do in Korea before they left for Japan. She shouldn’t be worrying but rather enjoying their time together as a family of three.

“Omma! Uncle Seung Gi is the best! He got me a teddy bear.” Seeing this, Yoona looked at the massive teddy bear in her son’s hands. Her son looked extremely happy and to her that was all that matter.

She smiled, “You should say thank you.”

“Thank you, Uncle Seung Gi!” he yelled as he ran off to the next attraction that he wanted to do.

Yoona smiled at the sight of her son running towards a merry-go-round that he wanted to go on. Even though the sight made her very happy, she couldn’t help but feel worried. When her fiancé came closer to her, she asked him, “Are you okay?”

He looked at her and smiled, “Yes, everything’s fine.” That smile he gave her was a fake one. Something was wrong. He was not okay. He was lying.

Turning her attention back to her son, she watched him as he waved at her and pointed eagerly to the merry-go-round that he desperately wanted to go on. He beckoned for them to follow him and join him. Immediately, Yoona started moving towards her son. Of course she would go on the ride with him. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw that Seung Gi was slowly moving as well but he seemed to look as if he was lost in deep thought.

As her son jumped up and down, she watched as he bumped into another couple. She immediately rushed towards him, concerned for any injuries that he might have acquired. Squatting down beside him where he landed on the floor, she was relieved to find that he hadn’t obtained any injuries. She let out a sigh of relief before quickly standing up and helping her son up as well. In the distance she could hear Seung Gi running up to her in panic. He hadn’t been paying attention at all.

She bowed to the other couple, “I’m so sorry that my son-“she stopped. She didn’t think that Taecyeon and Suzy would be here. They looked cosy, intimate like a couple. Suzy’s arm was linked around Taecyeon’s showed that they were a couple.  She had no idea that Taecyeon was dating someone, let alone his secretary. It almost brought back to the days when he dated her and she was working for him.

Suzy looked at Yoona and Seung Gi. She glanced at Taecyeon. So, this was who she was up against. This is her rival and if one thing was for certain, her rival was far more mature than she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter