Saturday Without You

I Am Willing To Wait For You...For A Thousand Years...And More

Taeyeon's POV

 

"Taengoo! Why didn't you pick up my calls?" The little girl over the phone, asked.

 

"I'm sorry, I was still asleep," I said as I yawned.

 

"Nevermind. You're coming over today, right?" she asked with enthusiasm.

 

"Ofcourse, I am! Just like every other Saturday! I'll be right there soon, alright? Gotta go and get ready now, see you soon! Bye!" I said while trying my best to sound as excited as I could.

 

"Okay! You better hurry! Bye!" she said before I hung up the phone.

 

I looked at the my two new dorm mates still in bed, Jessica on my right and Yuri on my left.

 

"My first Saturday without you," I thought as I sighed deeply.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

I pressed the door bell button and waited for a few seconds before the door opened, revealing my little sister in a blue t-shirt with black shorts. As soon as she saw me, she jumped onto me with open arms, I caught her and squeezed her in my arms.

 

Even though I was feeling very depressed a few moments ago, this little happy pill didn't fail to turn my frown upside down. No matter how upset I am, that little princess could always cheer me up without fail. I was truly grateful for having a sister like her. 

 

"I missed you, Taengoo!" she said as I smiled.

 

"I missed you even more!" I said as I squeezed her even tighter, before she pulled away from me.

 

As soon as I entered, that familiar scent of my mother's perfume invaded my nostrils. She has always been putting a lot of perfume on in the morning before leaving for work or an outing with her friends. It's so strong that the whole living room would be filled with it and takes hours for it to fade away. Without hesitation, I jumped onto the couch, leaned back and closed my eyes as I inhaled more of my mother's perfume, the scent I used to smell everyday.

 

 "Ah~ It's nice to be home again..." I thought as I missed this place so much since the last time I came to visit Hyoyeon was together with Tiffany and that was quite a while back.

 

While Hyoyeon locked the door, with my eyes still closed, I asked, "Where's omma?"

 

"As usual, she's out with her friends." She simply replied as I nodded.

 

With my eyes still closed, memories kept flowing back to me. Those sweet and lovely memories of the good old days, all the happiness and joy, but not to forget the pain and sorrow too. As the memories came flowing back to me, the more nostalgic I felt. I truly missed those days, those simple yet happy times when the entire Kim Family was a whole and actually had time to spend with one another. I continued to stay in that position for a while when I felt a weight on the right side of the couch.

 

"Where's Fany unnie?" she asked as I shot open my eyes and suddenly felt a stinging pain in my chest when she mentioned her name.

 

"She's....... " I paused and gritted my teeth.

 

I wanted to say, "She's with her boyfriend," but I stopped as it pained me to refer that jerk as her boyfriend.

 

He doesn't even deserve that title. She deserves better, not that playboy that is just going to play her like a toy and dump her in the end like his other ex-girlfriends. It doesn't even have to be me, as long as she's with someone trustworthy and could take good care of her, I would rather let her go and let her be with him, even if it pained me to lose her like that, than let her be with that jerk. I wanted the best for her. 

 

Her smile began to fade slowly, with her eyes filled with care and concern.

 

"Taengoo?" she called as she snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

"She's busy with school work... maybe next week," I lied as I faked a smile at her.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Hyoyeon's POV

 

"Okay," I said while nodding, trying to seem convinced by her terrible lie.

 

Deep down, it was so obvious that she was lying and I knew something was bothering my sister from the moment I laid eyes on her when I opened the door. I could tell she's depressed even though she tried her best to hide it. She's not as smiley and cheerful as always. The way she hesitated and lied totally gave me a big fat clue that the thing that was bothering her had something to do with Tiffany unnie.

 

I wanted to ask her about what was bothering her but I didn't as I knew her too well that she would just lie that she's fine and would never tell me what's really on her mind. Taeyeon has always been like this, she has always been keeping all her feelings and thoughts to herself and never tells anybody about them. She's always been so independent and she thinks she's capable of doing everything on her own. Even Appa and Omma have always had a hard time digging out her feelings and thoughts as nobody would ever know what she may truly be feeling or thinking.

 

Sometimes, I wished I could read minds so I could finally read her mind and know what she's thinking about. It really irritates Appa, Omma and I when we are trying to comfort her when she's feeling down but we can't because she is simply too stubborn to tell us. It truly makes us worried as hell over her as whenever she is angry, she becomes very rash and does not think through her actions. We want to help, yet we don't even know what's bothering her so we could never start. 

 

All we can do is watch, wait and hopefully, her problems will be solved as soon as possible and she can return to the Taeyeon we know soon. I needed to cheer her up with something, tell her a joke, watch comedies, anything to cheer her up. I was so desperate, I needed my old unnie back, the cheerful and funny unnie, not the gloomy unnie now. I had to do something, I was dying just watching her like that.

 

"Hey, Taengoo! Let's go to the mall today! It's been a while since I've been there and the last time I went there was on my birthday," I suggested, trying to take her mind off from her sadness and distract her for the time being.

 

"I don't feel like going today... maybe next week, Hyoyeon," she said, her voice seemed to sound lower than normal.

 

"Pweese, Taengoo~ Pweese~ I really wanna go today~ " I used my aegyo voice on her as I knew she could never stand it.

 

"Okay, fine! But we're not going to the mall again next week, okay? Just today, alright?" she asked, finally giving in to me.

 

"Yes, ma'am!" I said as I smiled, happy that I've successfully convinced her.

 

-------------------------------------

Tiffany's POV

 

 

I had been standing at the school gate for at least an hour, waiting for my boyfriend to show up as we were going for a movie together. Actually, I didn't want to but Jessica and the rest had convinced me to spend some time with Siwon, after witnessing how depressed I have been these few days, maybe it would stop me from thinking about her too much.

 

I stood there, alone, with a familiar petite girl's face flashing in my mind once more. This has been continuing for a while now, as I found myself smiling at the thought of the girl. Soon, my smile faded away as I thought of that fateful night. Regret came to take the place of happiness as I thought of how I have treated the girl. I didn't mean to say any of the things I have blurt out that night. I was too emotional, I wasn't in the right state of mind. Now... it's already too late.

 

"The first Saturday without you," I thought as a tear slipped down without warning.

 

We have always spent Saturdays together as we made it 'TaeNy's bonding day of the week'. No matter how busy we were, we had to spend at least three hours together on that day. It was a promise we made to each other and could never be broken. If it is broken, then the person who broke it must do some punishment that the other person tells her to do, until the other person is satisfied and forgives her.

 

Suddenly, something came out of nowhere and darkness engulfed the light as I felt something warm and soft covering my eyes.

 

"Guess who I am. If you guess correctly, then someone can be rewarded with a free kiss!" a familiar deep voice said as I smiled upon recognising whose voice it belonged to.

 

"Siwon!" I said almost instantly when I heard his voice, reached and pulled his hands that were covering my eyes, down.

 

"I'm so sorry, babe! Training ended later than usual... You're not mad at me, are you?" He asked while I stared into his dreamy eyes.

 

"No, ofcourse not," I said as he smirked.

 

Normally, if I had to wait for someone to show up and he or she came an hour late, I would have turned into 'HellFany' and kill him or her on the spot. I was surprised as this was the first time I didn't get angry or shout at the person who was late. It wasn't because I love him so I let him go, it was because I was too deep in thought when thinking about Taeyeon that I didn't really keep track of the time. I didn't even notice an hour had passed since I had started standing here and waiting for Siwon to arrive.

 

"Since you've answered the question correctly and did not get angry at me for being late, I'm a man of my words..." He said as he leaned forward, tilted his head, getting ready to kiss me.

 

As soon as I realized what he was going to do, I instantly reached and used all my strength to push him away as he flew backward, stunned by my sudden action.

 

"Let's start off slow... I don't think I'm ready yet... let's wait until I think it's time, okay?" I asked as he rolled his eyes.

 

He hesitated for a second and answered, "Fine!"

 

He seemed frustrated, checked his watch and said, "I think we better go, you don't want to miss the movie, do you?"

 

"Okay, let's go," I said as we started heading towards the taxi stand.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

As usual when I took a taxi with Taeyeon, I closed my eyes, leaned towards my left and rested my head onto Siwon's shoulder. I've always taken the taxi with Taeyeon but this was the first time I took one with Siwon. For some reason, everything felt so different. His shoulder was so much higher than my dormmate's. It was very stiff and hard due to his muscles, not like Taeyeon's, so soft and comfortable that I could just rest my head there all day if I could.

 

However, the biggest difference was the feeling. Whenever I rested my head on Taeyeon's shoulder, she would slowly wrap her arm around me, always making me feel safe in her arms, like she would do anything to protect me and would never let anything or anyone hurt me. Whenever she did so, I don't know why but there's always this strange yet warm and comfortable feeling growing within me, it was a unique feeling, strange, but I didn't hate it though. That was the reason why it became a habit of sleeping on the taxi even though sometimes I wasn't even tired, I just loved that feeling. Unfortunately, I did not feel that undescribable feeling with Siwon, not even a little.

 

I opened my eyes and sat back up, turning to the right and looking out of the window. Before I knew it, my mind drifted off to somewhere else, somewhere far away, back to the days when Taeyeon and I were fine, and we weren't in such a difficult situation such as then.

 

"I miss you,Taetae..." I whispered to nobody in particular as tears began swirling in my eyes.

 

Siwon noticed that I was no longer resting on his shoulder so he turned to face me and ask, "What's wrong, babe?"

 

"Nothing..." I lied and tried my best to give him the widest smile I could.

h

"Thinking about that little brat again?! " he asked with a hint of frustration in his tone.

 

"She's not a little brat! Don't you dare call her that again!" I screamed as he flexed his jaw.

 

"Fine, whatever..." He said as he rolled his eyes at me.

 

She shouldn't be called a brat, she was far better than a brat. She's too nice and sweet to be one. It hurt me when he called her that, the last person on Earth who deserves to be called such things. She has been the nicest dormmate I would ever wish for, yet I was so stupid to even chase such a great friend away. Suddenly, a stinging pain grew in my chest as I regretted what I've done to her that night even more then.

 

"I'm sorry,Taetae," I whispered as I couldn't help but sigh at it.

 

I missed her more and more each passing day. I couln't stop thinking about her and felt really bad about what I've done to her that night. If only I had a time machine, if only I could go back in time and undo my mistakes, take away all these sadness, all these pain, all these regret and guilt. 

 

"If only I wasn't that angry with you. If only I could control my anger. If only I didn't slap you and say those harsh things to you..." I thought as I sighed deeply.

 

"I miss you,Kim Taeyeon," I thought as tears trickled down my face without a sound.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon's POV

 

The mall was thronged with shoppers of all ages, from the little kids to the elderly. It was no surprise, it was a usual sight as this place is huge and has everything you need here, clothes, bags, toys, food, etc. It has been my favourite place to go shopping at as not only selling fashionable clothes and incredibly good restaurants, it also has a cinema for shoppers to conveniently catch some movies while shopping.

 

Hyoyeon grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards her favourite store in the mall, the toy store. It is no ordinary toy store. It's the biggest one that's three storeys high and most popular one in town. From nerf guns to barbie dolls, it has everything a kid could ever wish for. To Hyoyeon, this was heaven.

 

When we reached, Hyoyeon let go of my hand almost instantly and sprinted towards the escalator in the store which led to the second floor, where her favourite section of the store was.

 

"Hey! Be careful, okay?" I yelled loudly as I could, making sure that she has heard me.

 

"Okay! Meet you at the meeting area later! Bye, Taengoo!" she said, not even stopping or turning back to look at me.

 

"Bye!" I yelled even louder as she waved for the last time before vanishing up the escalator.

 

It was our usual routine. We would split up and roam around the store on our own and meet at the meeting area which was at the toy gun section nearest to the exit, after an hour. I started roaming aimlessly around the first floor. There were so many new toys that I haven't seen the last time I brought Hyoyeon here.

 

Then, some green and long soft toy at the end of the store caught my eye. Without hesitation, I flew towards it as quickly as my 'wings' could fly me.

 

"Dukongs!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I lost my cool at the sight of the massive collection of dukongs infront of me.

 

There were just so many of them which piled up, overflowing from the basket that contained the collection of the soft toy. They came in all shapes and sizes, from a small keychain to the size of a toddler. However, the most different was that it had new series of files, pencil cases, pen, water bottles with dukongs printed on them! 

 

I quickly went to grab a trolley and dumped all the dukongs that I wanted to buy, into it. I carried on roaming around the store after that, until it was time to meet.

 

I stood at the nerf gun section, waiting for my little sister to return. After a few minutes, I found my little sister walking towards me, holding a familiar looking grey and fluffy soft toy in her hand. Then, I jerked upon the sight of the soft toy as an image of a particular girl flashed in my mind.

 

"Fany..." I thought as pain began growing in my chest again.

 

"Taengoo! Would you buy this totoro for me? Pweese~" she pleaded with aegyo.

 

"Sure... It's been a while since I've bought you something from here," I said as I started thinking about her.

 

"Thanks so much, Taengoo! You're the best!" she said as she gave me a hug.

 

"You're welcome," I said as I tried to stop thinking about the girl, but to no avail.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Hyoyeon's POV

 

It was getting late and Taeyeon had too many bags of dukongs for us to carry them home with our bare hands so we took a cab home. Throughout the whole taxi ride, Taeyeon just looked out of the window, looking deep in thought while sighing occationally. It pained me to see her like this. She was alright before I left to shop for totoro but when I came back with the totoro, she suddenly turned gloomy again and she still hasn't smiled since then.

 

All I wanted to do was to cheer her up and thought shopping for her dukongs would be a great idea to cheer her up since she would always smile after buying her precious dukongs but today, it was the first time she turned gloomy after buying them. It was a sight so rare that it has never happened before. I was quite taken aback that my brilliant plan of trying to cheer her up has failed so miserably.

 

"Taengoo is REALLY upset about something... something regarding Fany unnie. Even buying dukongs couldn't cheer her up... It must have been something really depressing," I thought as I sighed.

 

I knew her too well, if this couldn't cheer her up, nothing else would. I didn't want to give up on cheering my unnie up, but no matter how hard I have tried, I couldn't think of any better solution as this one have always worked. I needed to know what was bothering her that made her so upset, the suspense was killing me, a little girl with little patience and tolerance, I needed to know the truth.

 

"Taengoo, are you okay?" I finally asked her what I've wanted to ask her ever since we sat down.

 

"I'm fine. I'm just....tired," she said coldly as she tried to fake a smile.

 

"That's what you always say..." I thought as I knew her too well that she was definitely lying.

 

"Hey, it's time for us to get down now," she said as the taxi stopped outside our house.

 

"No, it's okay. I'll get down by myself, you go straight back to school, it's very hard for you to wait for another taxi at this hour," I said.

 

"But it's dangerous," she argued with concern in her tone.

 

"I'll be fine... I'll text you the minute I reach home, okay?" I asked she she sighed and gave in.

 

"Fine. Be careful, okay?" she asked as I saw sorrow and worry in her eyes.

 

"Okay! You better get going, it's getting late, bye, Taengoo! See you next week!" I said as I gave her the last hug.

 

"Bye Hyoyeon!" she said as she pulled away from me and I closed the car door hesitantly.

 

The taxi drove off, further and further away from me. I stood there until the taxi was no longer in sight.

 

"Taengoo, I don't need to know the reason why you're upset. No matter what happens, promise me that you'll try to cheer up, okay? I love you," I thought before turning around and headed back home.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

As soon as I sat down in this taxi, I've been looking out of the window, thinking about her. I turned to my right and looked at the vacant space, the spot where she used to sit. I leaned back and closed my eyes and let the memories flow back to me once more.

 

The image of my angel sleeping soundly on my shoulder, flashed across my mind. I could still see those perfectly shaped cresent eyes which I have always loved, that cute and sweet smile of hers which never failed to take my breath away everytime I looked at it and those kissable lips that were so close but so far away. It was as if I could still feel her right next to me, leaning on me and resting her head on my shoulder. It was as if I could still feel that strange yet comfortable feeling whenever I'm with her, the feeling that I got addicted to, the feeling which I missed.

 

I missed that angellic eye smile of hers, her husky but girly, y but sweet voice that sent chills down my spine whenever she groaned seductively in the morning, right after she wakes up, her cute and lovely face which I would never get tired of from watching, her presence, her y body that I could never peel my byuntae eyes off from. I missed everything about her.

 

No matter how angry I was with her, I still missed her more than ever. 

 

"I miss you, angel. Do you miss me too?" I thought as I stared at the empty space where she used to sit, feeling as lonely as ever.

 

To be continued...

 

===========================================================================================

 

Sorry for not updating sooner guys! I've been really busy lately... =(  anw...I hope you have enjoyed reading this new chapter! TaeNy missing each other~~~ aw~~~ kekeke! pls continue supporting this fanfic! =( so sorry but I won't be updating soon... only on weekends...so the next chap may take some time...pls rmb to leave a comment as it means alot to me k? I dun care hw long it is, I'll b active to check k?  4 new readers- pls suscribe!!! n thx so much 4 all ur support!!!  Will try to update soon if i can... T_T - TaeNy127