An Angel Falling Sick (Part 1)

I Am Willing To Wait For You...For A Thousand Years...And More

Taeyeon's POV

 

"Ring Ring Ring!"

 

My alarm clock went off as I slowly opened my eyes, brought my hand to my mouth and yawned while I used the back of my hand to cover it. I turned to my side to look at my angel still sleeping soundly on the other bed and smiled. I took off my blanket and jumped out of bed.

 

I got everything ready in a flash, wearing my uniform and brushing my teeth as I went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the both of us. Since I cook every morning, it didn't take long for me to finish preparing hand and cheese sandwitches for the both of us.

 

I set the food on the small table as I walked to my angel's bed and sat down beside her. I put my hand on her arm as I shook her body gently and said, "Fany! It's time to wake up!"

 

She didn't respond like how she normally does, she didn't moan, didn't move, nothing.

 

"This is wierd....she normally responds..." I thought.

 

I shook her body again, this time, more vigorously and repeated, "Fany! It's time to wake up!"

 

Her eyes fluttered open as she turned slowly to face me.

 

"Oh...Good morning, Taetae..." she said in a husky voice.

 

"What's wrong with your voice? And you look really pale! Are you okay?" I asked as I reached and put the back of my hand on her forehead.

 

Her forehead was so hot I thought it was on fire!

 

"Fany! You're heating up!" I exclaimed as I rushed to get my thermometer from the drawer and put it in .

 

"38.9 degrees celcius?! Oh no! You're having a fever, Fany!" I said as I looked at the weak girl infront of me.

 

"Stay at home and rest, you're not going to class today," I said.

 

"But, Taetae I'm fine..." she said but I cut her off, "No, Fany! Listen to me, stay at home and rest! I'm not letting you go to class in this state."

 

"Okay..." she said as she took off her blanket and tried to get up but only fell down onto the bed again.

 

"Fany! Be careful! Where are you going?" I asked as I quickly bent down, afraid that she might get up again.

 

"I'm just trying to go to the table to have my breakfast," she said with the same husky voice I wasn't used to.

 

"I'll get it for you, don't move okay? You're too weak!" I said as she nodded and smiled weakly at me.

 

I went over to the table, picked up one plate of ham and cheese sandwitch while leaving the other plate on the table. I walked back to her and sat down beside her on the bed.

 

"Why did you only take one plate?" she asked.

 

"I'm going to feed you first, before eating my own breakfast," I said as she grabbed my hand.

 

"But aren't you hungry?" she asked.

 

"I'm not, so you should eat first," I lied.

 

The truth was, I was starving! I was so hungry I could eat a cow! But I couldn't possibly have my breakfast now, not before Tiffany did, especially when she's sick and too weak to feed herself, it was my duty to take care of her. Tiffany always came first.

 

I grabbed the sandwitch and she opened as she took a small bite and flashed me her famous eye smile. I missed that eye smile so much, nowadays, she has been spending so much time with Siwon during recess and stays back in class for extra lessons that I hardly get to see her anymore. 

 

"Omo! Taetae, this is so good!" she exclaimed.

 

"It's just a sandwitch...It's nothing much..." I said.

 

"Well.... They still tastes amazing!" she said.

 

I couldn't help but smile at her statement, it's cute how much she's enjoying a normal sandwitch. The satisfied expression on her face is as if she has never eaten a sandwitch in her life before.

 

"How can someone be so cute?!" I thought and smiled.

 

I looked at the clock, 5.30 A.M. My eyes widen as I turned back to Tiffany instantly.

 

"Fany, let's go! I need to bring you to the doctor before I am late for class," I said.

 

"It's okay, I can go to the hospital myself, you can go to your class or you'll be late," she said as I frowned.

 

"But I can't possibly leave you  here alone and let you go to the hospital by yourself, you're too weak.... I need to go with you, to make sure you're okay before leaving you for class," I insisted.

 

She hesiated but gave in at the end and nodded. I carried my school bag, went to the girl, slid my hand under her pants, scooped her up, bridal style. At first, she was shocked but soon wrapped her arms around my neck tightly, scared that she would fall. 

 

"Don't worry, Fany. I won't let go of you, I promise," I said as I felt her losening her grip on my neck.

 

While I walked to the hospital which was located in the canteen building with Tiffany in my arms, I started to feel a weight on my chest, I looked down and realized my angel has fast fallen asleep in my arms. 

 

"So cute!" I thought as I smiled.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Tiffany's POV

 

My head felt so heavy, I was having a splitting headache. I felt so dizzy as the world spinned round and round. I was so cold I was shivering even when there was no cool breeze blowing at me. My bones were aching so badly I thought I just ran 10 km. I felt more sick than I have ever had before.

 

However, I was so thankful to have such a strong and caring dorm mate like Taeyeon, to be willing to carry me all the way from one building to another and sacrifice her breakfast and class just to bring me to the hospital. I could go on my own, very slowly and unstable but not impossible. She knew perfectly that she would be late for class if she brought me to the hospital. Yet, she still insisted to bring me to the hospital personally before leaving for class.

 

On top of that, even though I was going through so much pain and sickness, I enjoyed every second of being in her super comfortable arms. Nowadays, as I only have limitted time with Siwon, which was spending time with him druing recess and all my extra classes, I rarely get to see this dork anymore.

 

I missed her embrace more than ever. All I wanted to do now was to close my eyes and rest so I closed my eyes, leaned on her chest and relaxed while she continued to carry me to the hospital. It was so soft and comfortable that it didn't take long for me to fall asleep in her arms.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

As I carried her to the hospital, many students stared at us with wierd looks on their faces. Some of them were even whispering to others and pointing their fingers at us while they whispered.There was no doubt that they were gossiping about us.

 

However, I didn't care about them. I had a more important thing to do, which is to bring my angel to the hospital as soon as possible. 

 

As we reached the hospital, I entered and set her down gently on the first seat on the right from the whole row of seats while I went to the counter and the nurse handed me a form to fill in before seeing the doctor, it was just some particulars of the patient and what she has come down with.

 

I took a pen from the counter and went back to the half-awake Tiffany and sat on the seat beside her. I began filling in the form for her as she was too weak to do so.

 

"Name? Tiffany Hwang. Class? 1/3. Date? 21 February. Dorm number? 27. Name of dorm mate? Kim Taeyeon...." I trailed off when I felt a weight on my shoulder.

 

I turned and realized Tiffany resting her head on my shoulder with her eyes closed. She looked so weak that I put my arm around her, pulling her closer to me so she could put her whole body weight on me. 

 

"I just need to fill this in before you can see the doctor, bare with me okay?" I asked as she nodded weakly.

 

"So, have you come down with other sickness besides fever?" I asked her.

 

"Massive headache, dizziness, body ache, cough, flu, sore throat..." she whispered as I wrote them down one by one, without ever lifting her head from my shoulder.

 

My heart ached more and more everytime she said another sickness as I wrote them down. I felt bad for her. She's always so smiley, cheerful and talkative, I wasn't used to the weak and quiet Tiffany. It pained me to see her like this.

 

I handed the form to the nurse while she gave me our queue number, we were number 17. I looked at the current number being displayed on the wall, 11. 

 

"We might have to wait for a while...." I thought as I went back to the weak girl, sat beside her, put my arm around her as she rested her head on my shoulder again. 

 

I felt her body shivering so I took out my jacket from my school bag and covered it over the shivering girl. She lifted her head and looked at me before giving me a weak smile.

 

"Thanks you, Taetae!" she whispered as I smiled.

 

Without replying her, I reached and gently pressed her head onto my shoulder again, I wanted her to rest more. We sat in that same position in total silence before the nurse called our queue number and we entered the room to see the doctor.

 

After we came out of the room, I checked my watch, 8 A.M. Tiffany bent over to look at my watch too.

 

"Oh no! You're late for class, Taetae! Go for class now, I can go back to the dorm on my own," Tiffany said as I frowned.

 

"No! I must bring you back to the dorm safely before leaving for class, Fany! You're too weak," I said.

 

The nurse beside us overheard our conversation and said, "You know, if you don't mind, you can stay here for the time being, I'll just get ready a room for you and prepare the bed, you just need to fill in your particulars on the form and you can rest here until your friend comes back to get you when you feel better."

 

"Alright! That sounds great! I feel better when there's people looking after you than leaving you alone at the dorm while I'm gone," I said as I took the form and filled everything in.

 

I turned back to Tiffany as I looked into her eyes and said, "Fany ah~ I'm going to class now. I'm coming back during recess okay? You stay here and rest! Take care!"

 

"Okay, thanks Taetae! Now hurry, you're already half an hour late for your lesson!" she said as I nodded and left, running to my classroom as fast as possible.

 

----------------------------------

Outside the classroom

 

As soon as I reached the door, I stopped outside to catch my breath before knocking on the door. The whole class turned their attention away from the teacher and onto me. Miss Lee's smile turned upside down as soon as she she me at the door. I walked into the classroom slowly as I felt their eyes staring at me, even some of them were whispering to one another and pointing at me, the same people I saw earlier while carrying Tiffany to the hospital.

 

"Miss Kim, why are you so late today? You are never late for class! Stand at the back of the classroom for the rest of the day!" Miss Lee shouted.

 

"But Miss Lee..." I tried to explain myself but she cut me off, "No buts! Now go to the back of the classroom!"

 

"But Miss Lee.." I tried to explain myself again but she still refused to listen and cut me off again, "NOW!"

 

Knowing that there was no point in arguing with her anymore, I turned around and walking to the back of the class with  everyone's eyes on me. I stopped at the back of the class and turned around to look at her again. It took her a while before she started teaching the class again.

 

Although she was teaching, I could still spot a few people's glances at me from time to time from the curious classmates of mine. I hated being judged by them, their constant glances and whispered to one another while pointing their fingers at me. All I could do was ignore their contant glances at me and pretend to pay attention to Miss Lee.

 

If I came early to class, that would mean leaving my dorm mate at the dorm all by herself to come to the hospital on her own in such a weak state. I knew I would never do that, especially when my dorm mate is Tiffany Hwang Mi Young, my lover.

 

I knew it was my duty to protect and take care of her and I was actually kind of proud I have done my job. I didn't really care about their constant glances of me and their gossips and leaving a bad impression on Miss Lee anymore, I knew I did all this to protect and take care of my angel so this was all worth it.

 

"Don't worry, Fany. Let them judge and gossip, who cares? All I care is that I have done my job to protect and take care of you and I'm proud of it...I hope you're feeling better now... Can't wait to see you later, Mi Young...Saranghae!" I thought and smiled.

 

------------------------------------------------

Recess

"Ring! Ring! Ring!" the school bell went off, signalling that it was recess time.

 

"Okay, that's it for today, remember to hand in your work tomorrow for those who have not yet submitted your overdue assignments," she said as she packed her things.

 

After she has finished her sentence, I quickly kept my book and pencil case into my bag, put it on and rushed back to the dorm.

 

I unlocked the door, and closed it without even locking it. I knew I couldn't waste anymore time. I threw my bag onto the floor and darted into the kitchen. I looked at the wall clock.

 

"Okay, I still have 55 more minutes before recess ends, I can finish cooking porridge for her in 20 minutes and rush to the hospital and there will still be a good 30 minutes or so for her to eat. Okay, Kim Taeyeon! You can do this! Hwaiting!" I said as I quickly went over to the fridge and searched for my ingredients.

 

After I have finished cooking the fish porridge, I practically ransacked the whole entire dorm, finding for a container to put my porridge in. My eyes widen as soon as I spotted the container Sooyoung has left the other day she came to our dorm to eat my ramen.  I rushed over to it and ran back into the kitchen as I carefully poured the porridge into the container.

 

"Thank you, shikshin!" I whispered as I covered the container, put it into my bag together with a spoon, zipped it up, put it on opened the door and locked it carefully.

 

I ran to the hospital as quickly as my feet could carry me and stopped at the counter.

 

"Excuse me, sorry, may I know which room is Tiffany Hwang in? I'm her dorm mate," I asked the nurse at the counter while she checked.

 

"Oh, she's in room 23, just turn left and walk straight, it's all the way there," she pointed at a direction as I nodded.

 

"Okay, thank you," I said as I followed her finger where she has directed me to and walked straight.

 

"21, 21, ah ha! Room 23!" I said as I smiled.

 

I knocked onto the door before partially opening it, revealing my angel awake on the bed with a blanket over her body. Her eyes turned into cresent moons as soon as she saw me.

 

"Taetae! You're here!" she exclaimed as I smiled back at her.

 

"Hey Fany!" I said as I pushed open the door more, so that I could enter the room and walk to my angel.

 

My eyes widen as I stopped my hands from moving any further. My smile faded as soon as the door, that was covering him a while ago, revealed the person I least wanted to see now.

 

"Choi Siwon! What the hell are you doing here?!" I thought as I looked at him and he evilly smirked at me without Tiffany noticing, knowing that I was angry at his sudden appearance.

 

 

To be continued.....

 

===========================================================================================

 

Hey guys! I'm back! Yay! I still can't believe I have over 100 subscribers! OMG!!! Thanks so much for your endless support guys! Part 2 will be coming up soon! Pls wait patiently for it n pls pls pls comment! Oh n 4 new readers, pls pls pls subscribe! Thx so much guys! - TaeNy127