Regrets

I Am Willing To Wait For You...For A Thousand Years...And More

Author's POV

 

"Taeyeon! How could you?! I never wanna see you again!" Tiffany said as she turned around and walked away.

 

"Wait! Fany! I'm sorry! I only punched him for you! I never meant to say those three words to you! Please, Fany! Come back!" Taeyeon pleaded as she looked at the girl walking farther and farther away from her, ignoring her words.

 

"Fany! Come back! I'm sorry!" Taeyeon yelled at the top of her lungs as she felt a few drops of cool water splashing on her face, then suddenly, lots of water came splashing hard onto her face again.

 

She shot open her eyes. 

 

"Fany! I'm.....so..rry," She stuttered as she was confused with what was going on. She found Jessica, holding a half filled water bottle, sitting on her right and Yuri, on her left, staring at her worriedly.

 

"What in the world are these two doing in my room?" She thought as she squinted her eyes, trying to adjust to the sudden blinding light.

 

"Wait! Why did Taeyeon just apologize to Tiff? Thiat was wierd," Jessica thought as she had no clue of what happened last night.

 

Then, Taeyeon brought her head up and tried scanning the room. Her met landed on the unfamiliar ceiling, to the unfamiliar looking walls and scanned the whole entire room which she swear she has never been to, and even if she did, she couldn't recall anything.

 

"This is definitely not my dorm!" She thought as she tried to recall how she ended up here.

 

She reached up to touch her wet face, still confused. Her head was heavy and felt as if it was going to explode. Her eyes were puffy and stung a little upon blinking.

 

"You've finally woken up! Do you know how long I've been trying to wake you up? I had no choice but to ask Jessica to pour ice-cold water on your face to wake you up!" Yuri complained, with arms akimbo.

 

"Oh, right... I forgot," She said as she snapped her fingers, finally recalled how she ended up here last night.

 

It was at 11 P.M. when Yuri and Taeyeon decided to head back to their dorms. If she went back to her dorm then, she would have woken up her sleeping beauty and she knew if Tiffany woke up, she would surely get into another fight with her, and that was the last thing she wanted to do. She did not want to fight with her anymore so she didn't want to go back to her dorm. Fortunately, Yuri was kind enough to let her to stay over at her dorm for a night and Jessica didn't mind.

 

Since every dorm only has two beds, Yuri lent her her sleeping bag for the night. Even though it was quite thin, and the hard floor was too uncomfortable to sleep on, it was still better than going back to her own dorm and starting another fight with her lover. 

 

"Well... It's better than nothing," She told herself, trying to stay positive. 

 

"Good morning, Taeyeon!" Yuri said enthusiastically, trying to cheer her gloomy bestfriend up and snapping her out of heer thoughts.

 

"Good morning, Yuri," Taeyeon replied monotonously, trying my best to fake a smile.

 

Actually, it wasn't good at all! It was a rather horrible morning. Taeyeon barely slept last night. She was up all night, kept on thinking about what happened with Tiffany the previous night. Whenever she tried to close her eyes and sleep, Tiffany's face will appear and her hurtful words would replay continuously in her head. On top of that, the floor is not the best ideal bed so you couldn't blame her for having insomnia.

 

Taeyeon slowly dragged herself out of the sloppy sleeping bag and bit on her lip.

 

"Em....Yuri, my uniform and everything are all at my dorm but I can't go back now. I'll just get into another fight with Fany and that's the last thing I want to do," Taeyeon whispered to Yuri.

 

"Don't worry, I'll help you get everything from your dorm. You stay here for a few days, okay? I won't let you get into another fight with Tiff, not after what has happened last night. For the time being, just stay with us and let her cool down first," Yuri whispered back.

 

"No no! I shouldn't be troubling you and Jessica so much, you guys have already done enough for me," Taeyeon said but Yuri just smiled back at her.

 

"Don't worry, you're not troubling us! We're more than happy to help you! Sica won't mind, she's such a sweetheart. PLease stay, we're bestfriends, we're supposed to help each other out when in need. Please, I insist," Yuri said with sincerity.

 

"Okay... but only for a few days," Taeyeon replied as Yuri smiled at her, gave her the keys and walked towards the confused Jessica, sitting on the couch, looking at them while they were whispering to each other.

 

"I need to go over to Taeyeon's dorm to get her stuff, okay? Be right back~" Yuri said as she turned and walked towards the door.

 

"Okay, bye Yul!" Jessica said before turning back to the depressed Taeyeon sitting on the couch.

 

"Aw~ She seems so sad, something must have happened! But... I should not ask her about it now, maybe some other time. She looks like she needs some time by herself to calm down. Why don't I start a conversation with her to divert her attention?" Jessica thought and grinned.

 

"Hey, Taeyeon! Does Tiff know that you stayed with us last night?" Jessica asked as she noticed Taeyeon's body tensing up.

 

"Em...she doesn't," Taeyeon simply said, recalling what happened last night again, feeling more depressed when she remembered Tiffany's hurtful words.

 

"Then, I better tell her about this, she must have been really worried about you all night!" Jessica said.

 

"Wait!" Taeyeon said as she grabbed firmly onto Jessica's hand, stopping it from reaching her phone, her sudden action startled the blonde girl.

 

"For now...don't tell her I'll be staying here. Please, don't tell her," Taeyeon said with a serious tone as she unknowing grabbed tighter onto Jessica's wrist.

 

"Why not? She must've been worried sick about you!" Jessica said, she knew something was wrong then.

 

"Worried? About me? She must've been worried about that Siwon guy than me," Taeyeon thought as she said, "Just don't... please"

 

"Okay," Jessica said as Taeyeon went into the toilet.

 

"Why's she acting so wierd? I kept asking Yuri what happened when she brought Taeyeon back but she refused to tell me and even told me not to ask Taeyeon anything about last night. Something must've happened, I just know it! And it has something to do with Tiff. I need to get to the bottom of this," Jessica thought as she was determined to find out more about what happened last night from her bestfriend, Tiffany during recess.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany's POV

 

I woke up as I turned to where Taeyeon's bed was.

 

Empty.

 

"She hasn't returned," I sighed as I regretted what I've done to her last night.

 

After Yuri left, Siwon also left shortly after, leavinig me alone in the dorm. 

 

"Hm... What should I do now? Watch TV?" I thought as I went over to the small table where the remote control was left and reached for it when a familiar green and long toy that was nicely zipped up like a cocoon, beside it caught my eye.

 

"Taeyeon's precious dukongs," I thought as I sighed deeply, regretting what I've done to her just a few moments ago.

 

"Hwang Mi Young! Are you out of your mind?! Why in the world did you say those mean things to Taetae like that?! Gosh! Why must I be so rash when I'm angry?!" I mentally reprimanded myself as I recalled the hurt and disappointment in her eyes while she looked at me for the last time before slamming the door in my face.

 

"She must be really sad now after what I've done to her. I just hope she's alright," I thought as a wave of guilt came pouring at me.

 

"I'll stay up until she comes back and apologize to her immediately. Maybe then, she'll forgive me," I thought as I the television and waited for her to return.

 

An hour passed, then another hour, and then another hour. It was already 1 A.M. but Taeyeon was still not in sight. I finally gave up in waiting and went to sleep as I knew I had classes the next day.

 

I tossed and turned and just couldn't sleep. It felt wierd without her beside me. I missed her 'Good Night Fany ah~' more than ever. I missed her presence, her warm and comfortable embrace that I needed whenever I couldn't sleep and she would be my temperary human pillow. I missed her soothing voice that would send chills down my spine whenever she whispered into my ear. I missed her dorky smile and ahjuma laughter. I missed everything about her.

 

The dorm felt so different, so empty. It was a cold, silent and lonely night. I was just not used to such a different environment. The mood was so heavy as my heart began to hurt and ache. All I could think of was my dormmate, and nothing else. She occupied the room, my mind, my heart.

 

"I'm sorry...Taetae," I whispered to nobody in particular as a tear escaped my eye.

 

After I got dressed, I walked into the kitchen, there was no Taeyeon there making me breakfast, I walked outside towards the small table, there was no delicious ramen there for me.

 

"I miss you, Taetae..." I confessed as I grabbed my bag and headed to my classroom for lessons.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Author's POV

 

Tiffany and the rest were having recess together. She bought a bowl of ramen from the school canteen but didn ot feel like eating. She just stared at it the entire time while the rest were too busy enjoying their food and chatting away to noticeher odd behaviour, all except for her bestfriend, Jessica Jung.

 

"Taeyeon..." She thought as she looked at the ramen, reminding her of her dormmate and her amazing cooking skills.

 

Jessica, being Tiffany's best friend long enough, had realised that something was bothering her. She haven't touched her food yet and kept staring at it the entire time which was very unlikely of her. She couldn't continue to see her bestfriend like this anymore, the suspense was killing her, she needed to know what was going on.

 

"Are you okay?" Jessica asked, snapping Tiffany out of her thoughts.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Tiffany lied, trying to fake a smile.

 

"I know you too well, Fany. Don't you lie to me! Come, I need to ask you something privately," Jessica said as she pulled Tiffany to the corner of the canteen so they could have their private conversation.

 

"Did something happen between you and Taeyeon?" Jessica asked directly.

 

"How... How did you know?" Tiffany asked, taken aback by her bestfriend's random question.

 

"Just answer me!" Jessica said with a serious tone.

 

"Yes... last night," Tiffany simply replied.

 

"What happened?" Jessica asked, with a hint of concern in her tone.

 

"I've been secretly dating Siwon for the past week," Tiffany confessed as she shut her eyes, afraid of what Jessica would say.

 

"You what?!" Jessica exclaimed with rage in her eyes.

 

"Taeyeon came back from her extra lessons, saw Siwon and punched him in the face as she thought he was a byuntae! I just got so angry with her that I started saying mean things like '' and 'I never wanna see you again'. You know how rash I can be when I'm angry and I wanted to apologize to her when she comes back but she never did... I'm really worried if she's okay. I feel really bad now," Tiffany said as her voice started to crack at the end.

 

"Aw~ Tiff! You should really control your temper..." Jessica said as she gave her a quick hug.

 

"Well.....I'm not supposed to tell you this but.... I just want to let you know that she's okay, just really depressed but she's fine," Jessica said, trying to reassure Tiffany.

 

"Wait... How do you know?" Tiffany asked, catching Jessica off gaurd.

 

"Well..."Jessica bit on her lip, she didn't know whether she should tell Tiffany about Taeyeon.

 

"Please... Don't tell her," Taeyeon's voice played in Jessica's head.

 

"Yuri told me," Jessica lied, keeping her promise to Taeyeon.

 

"I see... I guess I'm relieved that she's okay," Tiffany said as pouted. 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

"Oh God! When is she going to be released? My legs are killing me here," Tiffany thought as she gazed into the classroom, at a particular petite girl sitting right infront.

 

"Okay, that's all for today, thank you class," The teacher said as everyone stood up to greet him before leaving the classroom. 

 

Students started packing up their things and one by one, left the classroom, all except for Taeyeon.

 

"Gah! I couldn't even pay attention in class today. My mind was on Tiffany the whole time!!! If this carries on, I'll fail my test next month for sure!" Taeyeon thought as she grtted her teeth.

 

Slowly grabbing her bag, she stolled towards the door, looking at the ground, deep in thought. As she walked through the entrance, she stopped abruptly as she felt a warm and soft hand grabbing onto her right wrist. She looked up and found a pair of familiar looking hazel-brown eyes starring into hers.

 

"Taetae..." The familiar looking girl whispered.

 

She wanted to smile as she missed her so much but as soon as she thought of the hurtful things the girl said to her, she peeled her eyes away from her reluctantly and shook her hand viollently off her wrist.

 

"What are you doing here? And what do you want?! I thought you never wanted to see me again?!" she said coldly, not even looking into the girl's eyes while talking, back-facing her dormmate.

 

"I....I'm sorry," Tiffany stuttered as she was quite taken aback by Taeyeon's unusual reaction, she has never seen this side of Taeyeon before.

 

"Stop! I've already heard enough last night. I'm going out with Yuri in a few minutes. Please excuse me, I need to meet her now," Taeyeon said coldly before turning around and hurried off, not even making a single second of eye contact with the girl.

 

"Wait, Taetae! Please, I'm sorry!" Tiffany shouted at the top of her lungs but the older girl ignored and continued walking.

 

"I'm sorry... But you hurt me too much, Fany. Give me some time, maybe then, I'll forgive you," Taeyeon thought as a tear fell on its own.

 

 

To be continued.....

 

===========================================================================================

 

Sorry 4 such a short update guys!!! I'm really busy lately since school has started, homework and stuff... I'll try to do a longer update during my free time, aright? Maybe on weekends.... Please keep supporting this fanfic! =) Please comment & suscribe! =) Will try to update as soon as I can! KEKE~ - TaeNy127