Meeting Michelle

I Am Willing To Wait For You...For A Thousand Years...And More

Author's POV

 

A particular girl was sitting in front of the television on her bestfriend's couch, surfing through endless channels but none seemed to interest her. She was bored, and felt lonely. Yuri and Jessica had been out on a date together since morning and it was already in the afternoon. 

 

It had been 3 weeks since she and Tiffany fought, and since then, she has moved out of her dorm and into YulSic's dorm for the time being. Although both of them often ran into each other in school, they never once stopped to talk or look at each other for longer than 3 seconds as they would always break eye contact as soon as their eyes met. 

 

They were both very angry at each other and none of them was willing to be the first to apologize as both of them thought they were right. Their friends knew what happened afterwards but they didn't know how to get those two back together, especially when both of them are so angry at the other. All their friends could do was look at them having a cold war with fingers crossed and hope they would get back together soon, which they all knew was highly unlikely to happen.

 

She continued to click on the button of the remote control, pressing it every 2 seconds, still can't find anything that she was interested in. Frustrated, she hit the off button on the remote control, closed her eyes, leaned back on the couch and sighed deeply.

 

"Gah! I'm so bored!" She thought and clenched her fists.

 

Even though she didn't want to admit it herself, deep inside her, she knew she missed her angel deeply and was so bored without her by her side. She forced herself not to think about the girl too much but she turned out to think about her even more. 

 

"Gah! Stop thinking about her, Kim Taeyeon! You don't need her to make yourself happy!" She thought as she mentally slapped herself.

 

She wanted to go outside and distract herself. However, she didn't feel like shopping or strolling in the park like usual, she wanted to do something she seldom did or didn't really think of doing, just to get her mind off of the girl. Then, she started to think about the girl unknowingly again.

 

"It's been 3 weeks since I've visitted Michelle.... I wander if she's getting better...." She thought as she frowned.

 

Even when Tiffany went out with Siwon on weekends, Taeyeon would still go to the hospital every Saturday by herself to check whether Michelle was getting better. Normally, she would stay there for hours, just sitting by the patient's side, talking to her about her burdens while she prayed for her night and day, hoping she would wake up soon.

 

This may sound crazy, but she liked it. She liked talking to the unconscious Michelle, she's not afraid to let go and say whatever she wants to say to her as she knows Michelle can't hear her, also, she could release all her burdens out, no holding back, about the patient's younger sister, her jerky boyfriend and her hidden feelings. 

 

She did it so often that it seemed wierd for her now, not visitting her because she got into a fight with the patient's sister for three weeks. Her pride didn't allow her to go, if she went, it means she gave in and lost, Tiffany have always won, but she didn't want to lose this time round. However, there was also a side of her that wanted to go so badly, she knew it was the right thing to do. She was in a dilemma.

 

"Should I?" She asked herself.

 

"Wait! I'm angry at Fany so why do I even need to care about her sister?!" She thought and bit on her lower lip.

 

"But... this is not even about Fany or the fight.. I guess checking if she's feeling better's the right thing to do.. I should go to hospital to visit her atleast.. Yeah! I should!" She thought and looked at the clock.

 

She smiled, she still had plenty of time to visit Michelle and check whether she is getting better.

 

"Alright! Let's go visit Michelle!" She said to herself, took her wallet and phone with her and walked to the door before closing it behind her.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

At the hospital

 

Taeyeon knocked onto the door before entering it, in case Nicole, the nurse, was there and it would be rude to barge into the room like that. She opened the door and she was right, Nicole was inside doing her normal checkup for the patient. Nicole turned back and her eyes instantly vanished into an eye smile as soon as she recognised who has just entered the room.

 

"Hey Taeyeon! It's so nice to see you again! You haven't been coming to visit Michelle lately..." She said.

 

"Hey Nic! Sorry.... I.. was... em...busy.." She lied.

 

"Oh...Then where's Fany?" She asked.

 

"She's busy too.....So... How's Michelle?" She asked, trying to switch the subject as she was afraid the nurse would ask more questions.

 

"She's doing great actually, no fever, no irregular heartbeat, she's really healthy," She said as the girl smiled upon hearing the good news.

 

"So.....She might be waking up soon?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"I told you before Taeyeon, we can only maintain her health, but the waking up part is all up to her, we can't do anything or predict when she'll wake up...." Nicole explained as Taeyeon's smile faded.

 

"Yeah...I know... I just thought maybe... you could estimate when she'll wake up, not the exact day but somewhere around it...I'm sorry..." Taeyeon apologized.

 

"Don't be.... You're just worried about her... I understand, I should be the one who's sorry..." She said as she checked her watch.

 

"Oh look at the time, I have to go check on other patients, I'll be back later okay?" She asked as Taeyeon simply nodded and the nurse left the room, leaving the unconscious patient with the girl.

 

Taeyeon slowly walked towards the patient and sat on a chair beside the bed.

 

"You're gonna wake up soon, I know you will, for Fany and your family... For everyone who loves you, I know you will..." Taeyeon thought.

 

As usual, Taeyeon started pouring out her hidden sorrows and pain to the patient, not holding back at all. The more Taeyeon let her feelings out, the more tears she shed while thinking about them. As time went by, she started to get tired, she just bent forward and rested her face on the side of the bed to rest her eyes for a while. Little did she know, she had rested her eyes for three hours.

 

A sudden jerk of the bed woke the sleeping girl up. She slowly opened her eyes and rubbed them with the back of her hand, her vision soon became clearer and her eyes opened wide at the sight of the patient, not unconscious anymore,  staring back at her wierdly.

 

"Do...Do I ...know you?" The patient finally spoke for the very first time.

 

Taeyeon thought she was dreaming so she slapped herself in the face but immediately felt a sting on it. Her jaw dropped, she wasn't dreaming.

 

She continued to look at the patient, too shocked to even say another word, she just turned her attention to the side of the bed and pressed the emergancy button. Within seconds, Nicole came barging into the room.

 

"Oh my god! What's the emerge......Michelle? You're awake?" The nurse asked.

 

"Oh my god! You're awake! You're awake! Taeyeon! She's awake! I'll go get the doctor!" She exclaimed and darted out of the room, leaving a confused Michelle and Taeyeon alone in the room.

 

"Em... Can anybody explain what's going on and who the hell you are?!" The patient snapped.

 

"Oh, sorry... Too excited... Hey there! I'm Kim Taeyeon, your sister's friend and that was your nurse that took care of you while you were under for three weeks," Taeyeon said.

 

"What?! I was under for three weeks?! What happened?!" She asked as the girl shrugged.

 

"You were in a car accident..." She explained as the patient started to recall what had happened earlier.

 

"Oh....right....." She said.

 

"So... Where's Mi Young?" She asked as the girl bit on her lip.

 

"Out with her boyfriend..." She said coldly.

 

"Oh.. I see..." Michelle said.

 

"Do you want me to call her for you?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"No! I don't want to interrupt her date with Siwon... Thank you anyway.... T..Taeyeon, right?" She asked as the girl nodded.

 

"You're welcome!" She said with a smile.

 

"Wait...Kim Taeyeon...Kim Taeyeon... Where have I heard that...Wait! You're my sister's dorm mate aren't you?" She asked as the girl smiled wider.

 

"Yup! The one and only!" She said dorkily as Michelle couldn't hold her laughter and giggled at the sight of the girl's dorkiness.

 

Michelle's eyes instantly vanished into a pair of cresent moons, just like Tiffany's. For a second, Taeyeon couldn't breathe, it looked so similar to her lover's and it seemed like forever since the last time she has seen it.

 

"You're so dorky, now I know what Mi Young meant when she said you are very special and cute!" Michelle said.

 

"Wait... she said I was special and cute?" Taeyeon asked, feeling happy.

 

"Yeah! Everytime she called me at night when you were sleeping, she always talked about you and sometimes Siwon, but mostly you! And she always sounds so excited whenever she talks about you!" Michelle said.

 

"Really? I...never knew..." Taeyeon said.

 

"Well, you do now!" She said.

 

"So... how are you feeling Michelle unnie?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Oh I fee lkinda dizzy and my head hurts but other than that, I'm feeling great!" She said as Taeyeon nodded.

 

"You're really close to my sister aren't you?" Michelle asked as Taeyeon nodded once more.

 

"You.... like her don't you?" Michelle asked directly as Taeyeon jerked from her seat.

 

"Wh..What a..are you..t..talking about?" Taeyeon stuttered as her ears became red.

 

Michelle couldn't help but giggle at the girl again, she never knew the girl could be such a bad liar.

 

"Stop lying, you can't fool me with your bad lying, I can tell you like my sister....a lot!" Michelle teased.

 

"N..no I don't..S...stop that!" Taeyeon stuttered once more.

 

"Okay, then how do you explain the constant blushing whenever my sister touches you, the constant physical contact like holding of hands and hugging my sister, the jealousy of Siwon, and more?" Michelle asked as Taeyeon frozed.

 

"How in the world did you even know all of these?!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

"Haha! well, my sister tells me almost everything about you! Your dorky smiles, caringness, kindness, patience, protectiveness over my sister, even your obssession with the green peas," Michelle boasted.

 

"What?! She told you all that?! Why that little..." Taeyeon said.

 

"You know you're smaller than her right?" Michelle asked.

 

"Why that giant Mi Young... wait....Hey! Are you calling short?!" Taeyeon barked.

 

"Maybe..." Michelle teased.

 

"Yah! Michelle unnie! That's not funny!" Taeyeon said.

 

"Whatever you say, shorty!" Michelle teased again as the shorty pouted.

 

"Yah! Michelle Hwang! Stop teasing me like your sister! You dare say that again and I'm telling your appa! I have Fany remember?! I can get his number from her!" Taeyeon threatened.

 

"Oh I'm so scared! See?! You love her so much that you're bringing her up at times like this when she has nothing to do with it at all! Stop denying and admit it already! You love Mi Young! I know you do!" Michelled said as Taeyeon sighed in defeat.

 

"Fine... you're right.. I do love her.." She said.

 

"Then why don't you tell her?! I would rather you date my sister than the school's hottest playboy!" Michelle asked as Taeyeon's heart ached.

 

"Well... because I'm a coward....I hesitated so much that when I finally wanted to confess to her, Siwon already got his chance....And he's a jerk! He's cheating on Fany with some other girl, I witnessed it with my own eyes! Yet, Fany doesn't wanna believe me, we have been fighting because of him, Fany and I have been in a cold war for three weeks now...It hurts... It really hurts..." Taeyeon explained as Michelle frowned.

 

"Well.... she can be a little stubborn sometimes... you just have to give her some time or show her some evidence...Please don't give up on her, I want you to be with my sister and I know she'll fall for you someday.. I just know it!" Michelle comforted Taeyeon.

 

"How? How do you know for sure that she's gonna be with me in the end?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Because I know her too well, she's too oblivious to her own feelings, but I'm not, from the way she always talks about you so energeticly, the way she only shares secrets with you and not the rest, the way she always clings onto you, she kinda likes you too, it's just she needs some time to develope that like into love, and then she'll realize she has always been liking you...Be patient Taeyeon, I know it's hard.. but it's gonna be worth it..." Michelle explained.

 

"But... how are you so sure it's gonna be me? What if another guy comes into the picture? What if it's him?" Taeyeon asked but Michelle shook her head.

 

"It can't be him... It's you! Only you, Kim Taeyeon, can make my sister so happy! I could tell from her high pitched voice and fast speed of talking while she talks about you, you are the one, and you have to remember that, you just have to show her how much you love her and she'll realize how much she loves you too," Michelle comforted Taeyeon as she could finally smile again.

 

"Thanks unnie, you're right, all this pain would be worth it, I just have to it up and continue to love her even if she has hurt me, she'll be mine in the end..." Taeyeon said as she pulled the older girl into her embrace.

 

"You're welcome, shorty!" Michelle teased again.

 

"Yah! What did you just call me?!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

"I said nothing," Michelle lied.

 

"Why you little.." Taeyeon stopped as two figures revealed themselves behind the door that has just opened.

 

"I'll get you later, the doctor's here!" Taeyeon threatened.

 

"Thank you doctor! Such a great timing!" Michelle teased again as Taeyeon pouted and crossed her arms in frustration while the doctor checked Michelle.

 

 

To be continued.....

 

=========================================================================================

 

Hey guys, sorry for the short update, I've been sick lately, again... aish... -_-# well... hope you guys have enjoyed the little bonding session of Michelle and Taeyeon~ Pls comment, subscribe and upvote! ^^ It means a lot~  I won't be updating soon I guess.. only if I have the time... Pls be patient with me guys! T_T Oh n something huge is gonna happen in the next chap. so make sure u read it k?! Thx so much guys~ - TaeNy127