Appa

I Am Willing To Wait For You...For A Thousand Years...And More

Tiffany's POV

 

~Flashback~

 

 

My phone vibrated in my pocket as I took it out and read the message Michelle has sent me.

 

 

From: Unnie

"Are you reaching soon?"

 

From: Mi Young

"Yup! A few more blocks away!"

 

From: Unnie

"Okay! See you soon!"

 

~Pause flashback~

 

 

It has been three months since we've started dating. I feel a little nostalgic from looking back at how much we've gone through during this year. From the first day we met, to the days when I was dating Siwon, to the days when we kept fighting with each other, to the day I would never forget, the day I got.... molested, but on the bright side, it was also the day which I have finally figured out my hidden feelings for that dork, not just any ordinary dork, but my dork, Kim Taeyeon.

 

After Omma left, I was never actually happy, I just pretended to be and faked a smile on my face so that other people would not worry about me. I tried staying positive, looking at everything in an optimistic way and appreciate all the things around me. Even so, I could never fill the empty hole in my heart which formed when Omma left, I always felt empty inside, I felt incomplete. Never in a million years would I have ever imagined that hole to be patched up in such a short time, like how Taeyeon has done.

 

After knowing Taeyeon, I have finally felt like I was the Tiffany before Omma's death, the cheerful, bubbly and friendly girl, the real me. I could never tell Taeyeon how grateful I am to have her in my life, it's just too much to be expressed in words.

 

The past three months were the best moments of my life. From the confession, to our first kiss, to our first date, our first monthsary, everything was just so perfect. Sometimes I would even think this was all just a dream as they seemed too good to be true.

 

I am beginning to love and appreciate Taeyeon so much that sometimes I fear she would just disappear the next moment. I could not imagine my life without her. Before I've met her, I could live normally without her, but now after I have met her, it simply seemed impossible. I knew we would have to seperate someday, nothing lasts forever, that is why I have been trying to cherish every single moment I have with her, so I would have no regrets in the future. However, I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly, I was definitely not prepared for it.

 

~continue flashback~

 

I knocked onto the door as a few seconds passed before someone came to open the door. Behind the door, it revealed a familiar older girl in a purple t-shirt and black shorts as her eyes instantly turned into cresent moons as soon as she laid her eyes on me. Without hesitation, I pulled her in for a quick squeeze before we pulled away and entered the house.

 

Just then, someone sitting on the couch, watching television, caught my eyes as they immediately widen upon realization of who he was.

 

"Appa?" I called, shocked by his sudden appearance, I haven't seen him since forever.

 

"Mi Young," Appa called back coldly as he turned his head to face me.

 

I charged towards him in a flash and wrapped my arms around him.

 

"Why are you back so early today, Appa? You usually come back home at midnight or not at all," I asked as I noticed his expression darkening but he forced a smile to cover it.

 

"I heard from Michelle that you were coming home today so I came back home to see my little princess," Appa said, still with that forced smile on his face.

 

"Something must have gone wrong, he would never make it back home early, not even when I have tried begging him to do so when I was younger. That smile... so forced and fake...something must be up, I just know it!" I thought as a frown grew on my face.

 

"Ah... Mi Young, you're back!" A low voice from the kitchen said as I turned and looked at Leo walking out of the kitchen with a can of soft drink in his hand.

 

"Annyeong, Leo!" I said as I went over and gave him a quick squeeze too.

 

"Let's have dinner together, like the old days, I've prepared dinner for everyone tonight," Michelle said as she rushed into the kitchen to prepare the food.

 

"Like the old days...." I whispered to myself as my heartached when I unknowingly thought of the memories we've shared together before Omma died.

 

Dinner turned out to be silent and awkward. Appa had a dark expression on his face the enitre time, all of us noticed it and none of us were brave enough to ask him about his problem so we just stayed silent, hoping it would go away, but to no avail. I couldn't take the silence any longer, it was too quiet for someone like me, a girl who loves to talk, to handle.

 

"Appa.... how's the food?" I tried striking a conversation with Appa but only earning a frown from him.

 

"It's okay," He said coldly, taking the three of us by surprise, we did not expect his mood to be that bad.

 

The rest of the dinner was just plain awkward and quiet. Michelle and I would occasionally start talking but stop shortly when Appa gave us hints such as fake coughing, that he was not in the mood to talk. I was getting more worried as time went by.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Mi Young, I need to talk to you for a while," Appa said in such a cold tone which made me tremble.

 

"Okay," I said as I waited for him to continue.

 

"Privately," Appa added as he turned and walked into the kitchen.

 

My heart started to race, I was so nervous. The three of us were so shocked by his mood change as both of them turned to look at me with worry in their eyes. I nodded to signal them that I would be fine, even though I doubted myself, and went into the kitchen shortly after.

 

Appa leaned his back on the wall with arms akimbo, eyebrows knitted together while staring on the floor, deep in thought, waiting for me to enter. Silence filled the air for a few seconds as my nervousness started building up, I knew I was in deep trouble, but I did not know what it was. I looked back at the door, finding both Michelle and Leo standing closely behind the half opened door, curious but too afraid to come in,trying to eavesdrop while watching both Appa and I in total silence.

 

"So how's school?" He asked, breaking the silence.

 

"It's okay, the same as always," I said casually.

 

"Anything else that you want to tell me?" He asked as I bit on my lip.

 

At that moment, only Taeyeon crossed my mind, but I could never tell him about our relationship, he would murder the both of us.

 

"Nothing in particular," I lied as he smirked.

 

"What about your dormmate? I've heard you two are close," He said as I gulped, worried he might know about us.

 

"Oh, you mean Taeyeon? She's a nice person, very caring and tries her best to protect me," I simply replied, hoping he would stop asking questions about Taeyeon.

 

"That's it?" He asked in a stern tone as I nodded.

 

"Yeah, she's the best dorm mate I could ever wish for," I said as he nodded and started laughing bitterly.

 

"This is so funny. You're still lying to me when I've given you chances to tell me the truth. Do you think I am that stupid, Hwang Mi Young?!" He shouted as I was taken aback by his sudden mood swing.

 

"...." I didn't reply and kept silent, too afraid to anger him even more.

 

"Oh no! He knows! How in the world did he know about it?!" I thought as my heart raced even faster.

 

"I know, Mi Young. I know everything. I didn't want to believe it but.... now I know it's all the truth. I'm so disappointed in you!" Appa said as my heart ached.

 

"How did you know?" I asked, not wanting to deny the truth any longer, he had to know it sooner or later.

 

"I have my ways," He simply replied as he pushed himself away from the wall, now standing on his two feet with no backing.

 

"How could you? You know I don't want you to fall in love with someone, and now you're dating a girl?! Are you seriously trying to drive me insane?!" Appa yelled as I clenched onto my fists.

 

"You don't have any right to restrict who I can or can't love! This is my life, not yours! You are my Appa, you're supposed to encourage me and support me, not put me down and take away all my happiness in life!" I shouted back at him as tears swam in my ears, threatening to fall any moment.

 

"I am just trying to protect you! If you fall in love, you're just going to get hurt in the end!" Appa barked back as my tears fell in an instant.

 

"Protect me? Protect me?! Since when did you even care about my well-being?! Where were you when I fell so sick that I was hospitalized? Where were you during Omma's funeral? Where were you when Omma needed your support during her last few moments before her death?! Where were you when all of us needed you, a husband, a father?! Where were you?! You're just angry at me because I'm going to tarnish the family name, that's it. Everything that is important to you is just your face, our family name and your work!" I shouted back as more tears streamed down my face.

 

He opened his mouth but could not think of anything to reply me, I left him speechless.

 

"Can't find anything to say, can you? Because everything I have just said was the truth! You're only concerned about your face and the family name! You've never actually cared for me, or us at all. Everything you do is just, work, work and more work!" I exclaimed as I felt a sharp pain on my face.

 

A tear escaped my eye when I just realized that I just got slapped by him, it happened so suddenly that I didn't even see it coming.

 

"Shup the hell up! How dare you talk to your Appa like that! Where is your respect, you little brat?!" He snapped back as I reached for my face and wiped away my tears.

 

"And you have the right to say that to me?! You don't even respect me, us! How do you expect me to respect you back?!" I shouted as he couldn't take it any longer and pushed me to the floor.

 

Painfully, I twisted my ankle while I hit the floor with a thud. Within seconds, Michelle and Leo came barging into the kitchen to help me get back on my feet again, but to no avail. It was too painful for me to stand. I fell back down on the ground once more.

 

"Yah! How could you do this to Mi Young! Look! You've injured her!" Leo yelled at Appa as he bcame even more furious.

 

"Yah! So now you're on her side too?! Both of you?! What is this?!" Appa shouted as he gave Leo a hard push on his chest.

 

"Hey! What was that for?! You've hurt Omma, Michelle, Mi young and I so many times already, when can you just back off?!" Leo yelled as he only earned another hard punch on his face.

 

Leo clenched onto her fists and was about to attack him back when I stopped him in time. He softened up a bit when he saw me in pain and put down his fists.

 

"I don't care, I've already made my decision, we are going to migrate to America and that is final. You better say your last goodbyes to her because don't you even think of running back here to find her!" He yelled before he turned and left for good.

 

----------------------

 

It all happpened so quickly, I have no say on this. The decison is made, and as always, we can't do anything but to follow him. A tear dripped down my face as I thought of being without that dork. I turned to Michelle and Leo but all they could do was give me a bitter smile.

 

"I'm sorry, Mi Young. We've tried to help you, but... you know how he is... once he's made a decision, nothing on Earth can change it, not even Omma. I guess...it's time to say goodbye," Leo whispered as I weeped in his arms.

 

To be continued...

====================================================================================================

 

Hey guys~ OMGGG! I'm so sorry for making you guys wait so long for this update. I'm just so busy nowadays that I haven't signed in to AFF for a few months already TT_TT Hope you guys understand and be patient with me. I'll only update once in a while when I'm free so hope you guys stay and read my fanfic.. I understand if you can't wait, so unsuscribe anytime you like alright? Hope you've enjoyed this sad chapter. More drama coming up! Please comment & tell me watcha think, alright? Thanks so much everyone! ^^ - TaeNy127