Confused

I Am Willing To Wait For You...For A Thousand Years...And More

Taeyeon's POV

 

"Ring! Ring! Ring!"

 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I slowly opened my eyes as I brought my hand to my mouth and covered it as I yawned. I took off my blanket and got out of bed. As I did so, I stared at the empty bed beside me and sighed.

 

"Another morning without you..." I thought as I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

At the park at night

 

It had been a month since Tiffany has recovered from her sickness. However, she has suddenly become very close to Siwon. Whether it is during recess or after school, they will meet up whenever there's a chance. When school ends, the first thing Tiffany does is to come back straight to the dorm, change and goes out on a  date with Siwon until late at night.

 

Lately, Tiffany has also woken up early in the morning just to spend more time with him. I hardly even get to see her anymore. Sometimes, if I am lucky, I would coincidentally meet her in the canteen with Siwon during recess but that is also not a good thing. Sometimes she will stop and say hi to me but most of the time, she is just too engrossed with talking to Siwon to even notice I'm standing infront of her.

 

Also, everytime we meet, Siwon and her will be all lovey dovey together, holding hands, feeding each other, constantly hugging and making eye contact. It hurts whenever I must witness them like this. It really hurts. It's so painful that I even try avoiding her sometimes when she is with Siwon, so that I do not need to witness their heartbreaking moments together.

 

It has been a month, 30 days of suffering all this pain,all this time. Alone and afraid. Afraid she would love him more as time goes by, afraid he would lie to her more, afraid he would cause her even more pain when he breaks up with her someday, afraid I would lose my chance with her forever....

 

I often come back to the dorm late at night after my extra classes but still find myself walking into an empty dorm without her. I once waited for her until 2 A.M. in the morning but she still hasn't come back, so I gave up on waiting and went to sleep as I was simply exhausted.

 

I cry myself to sleep almost every night, thinking about her, them, and us.

 

I often ask myself this question, "Do we have a chance to be together in the future?"

 

I find myself struggling with this question everytime I ask myself this question. I really want to believe that there is a chance for us to be together in the future but I really don't know. I really don't know whether she could get over Siwon even after the break up. I really don't know whether I could win her heart. I really didn't know whether we would be together. I really didn't know whether all the pain I'm suffering now is worth it.

 

"What if we can never be together?" I asked myself.

 

"Are all this pain and sorrow I'm going through all worth it?"I asked myself again.

 

I really didn't know. I was confused.

 

I looked at my watch, 11 P.M. I leaned back on the bench as I lifted my head and looked at the dark sky.

 

A tear escaped my eye as I began to think about her, me and us.

 

"I know I promised myself to protect and take care of her..but... Is it...time for me to move on?" I thought.

 

What if she never likes me back? What if all the pain and sorrow I'm going through all goes to waste? What if we are impossible?..... A million questions flashed across my mind as I stared at the dark sky, alone and confused.

 

Should I let her go? Should I move on? Will all this pain fade away if I let her go?

 

Tears streamed down my face without warning. I didn't want to let her go, I wasn't ready. But what if it was the best for me? Maybe if I let her go, I wouldn't be as depressed as now. Maybe all this was a mistake from the very start, I shouldn't have even fallen for her in the first place. I'm a girl, she's a girl, we were never meant to be anyway.

 

My started vibrating as I fished it out and checked the caller ID, Kwon Yuri.

 

"H..hello?" I said in an unstable tone.

 

"Taeyeon? Are you crying?!" she asked.

 

"No.." I lied but my voice has betrayed me.

 

"You're crying!" she exclaimed as I tried to wipe my tears away with the back of my hand.

 

"What happened, Taeyeon? We've noticed that you have become so quiet, depressed and anti-social lately. You won't even talk to us, all you do is sit there by yourself and stone all the time. You're getting us all worried about you!" she asked.

 

"I'm confused, Yul.." My voice cracked as more tears streamed down my face effortlessly.

 

"Confused? About what, Tae? You know you can tell me anything!" she said, feeling worried.

 

"I don't know whether the pain I'm going through, the sadness, is all worth it...What if she never likes me back? What if all of this just goes to waste? What if I'm just a fool hoping to get her lover to love her back but it's impossible?" I paused and continued,"Should I...... let.. her go?"

 

Silence was the only responce Yuri could give, I could hear her breath on the phone but no words came out of .

 

"Taeyeon..." she said in a sad tone, breaking the silence.

 

"I never knew you were so unhappy about this.... You really love her, don't you?" she asked the obvious.

 

"Well....If I were you....I would probably let her go....I mean, it's the best for myself, I can't sit at the corner and cry my heart out everyday,hoping for my lover to love me back... besides, there will always be someone better..." she said.

 

"I know...but I'm not ready to let her go, not yet...." I sobbed.

 

"That's why I said 'If I were you' but I haven't said anything about you yet. Taeyeon... I know you too well sometimes... I know you're not ready to let go, and you shouldn't .... It's such a rare thing that someone, be it a girl or boy, has captured you, Kim Taeyeon's heart, the girl that never falls in love with others easily.... but she, Tiffany Hwang, has indeed captured the whole of your heart.... This tells me how much she means to you...And I don't want you to just give someone that means so much to you up like how I would..... " she said as I froze.

 

"She's special, Tae..... You should treasure her and try to win her heart even if you know that you may not have a good chance with her.... but atleast you tried... and she'll not be with that jerk forever...and have you seen how she changes when she's with you and when she's with the rest? She becomes more cheerful and talkative when she's with you compared to Sica and the rest, who are her childhood friends! Don't you see anything? I may be thinking too much, but there is a possibilty that she likes you too... Which will make it even easier for you to win her heart...you just need to be patient.... through time, I think she'll realize that you're better than that jerk and maybe .....you know... so don't give up, Kim Taeyeon! I'll always be here when you need help! I'll support you all the way! Kim Taeyeon! Hwaiting!" she said as I didn't know what to say.

 

Tears swam in my eyes as I was too thankful for having such a great friend like Yuri, understanding me and never hesitating to listen to my problems and cheering me up or encouraging me in the end.

 

"You're right, Yul.... Thanks so much! I'll never know what I'll do without you! I will continue loving Fany with all my heart, be there to protect and care for her, despite the pain and sorrow.... Thanks so much, Yul..."I said as tears stopped flowing.

 

"You're welcome, anything for little Taeyeon!" she teased as I pouted.

 

"Yah! I thought I told you since I was 6 years old to not call me that ever again?!" I asked as I heard her giggle.

 

"Haha! See? The old smiley Taeyeon is back! Okay, I got to go, it's getting late, see you tomorrow!" she said.

 

"Alright, bye Yul!" I said as I hung up the call.

 

I stood up from the bench and headed back to the dorm with my hands in my pocket.

 

"Thanks so much, Yul! You'll never know how grateful I am to have a friend like you....You know me so well, you can read me like a book... You know when I'm lying and when I'm putting on an act.... Thanks so much, black pearl!" I thought as I smiled, she's going to kill me if she knows I have just called her her nickname she hated most.

 

Serves her right for calling me the nickname I hated most.

 

--------------------------------------

 

"Sigh...If only Fany knew how much I love her...although we are really close to each other... everytime she's with that jerk....she pays too much attention on him to even notice my existence..." I stopped and sighed.

 

I opened the door, to my astonishment, I spotted a familiar girl I had missed so much, was lying on the bed, sleeping soundly. I checked the wall clock, 12 A.M.

 

"Wow...she's early today..." I thought as I walked to her.

 

I stopped beside her bed and continued where I had stopped, "But don't you worry Fany...  I won't give up... on you..and on us... I will wait for you... for as long as a thousand years..... and more....cos I know that someday you'll get over him and someday....someday... I'll show you how much I love you and win your heart....and when I win your heart... I'll never ever let you go.... I love you, Hwang Mi Young.....I always have...and always will..." I whispered as I looked at the sleeping beauty, sleeping soundly on the bed.

 

As usual, I planted a long and sweet kiss on her forehead before going into the bathroom to bathe.

 

 

To be continued...

 

===========================================================================================

 

Hey guys! Short update! keke....So? Find this familiar? It's in the foreword! ^^anw... depressed taetae here...aw~ but luckily yul is here to save the day n cheer our taetae up! So sorry if you guys r disappointed as I didn't make Fany listen to what Taeyeon said to her while she was sleeping...I want to make my fanfic as original to the plot I first thought of as possible...anw... just a spoiler... the next chap will hv more taeny moments so pls look forward to it! pls pls pls comment n 4 new readers pls suscribe! yay! 4 upvotes alrdy! ^^ pls upvote too if u can! ^^ - TaeNy127