Chapter Eight: Witnessed

The Beginning Of Eternity

            Taecyeon break away after he heard loud stomp charging toward him. He stood and face Minho, who is charging angrily at Taecyeon.

            “Stay.” Taecyeon said to me.           

            Taecyeon stomp his foot down real hard on the dirt, giving himself a push forward and charges toward Minho. The two clashes with deadly fists in the air at each other. Taecyeon grabbed onto Minho right arm with his left hand and Minho waist with his right. Taecyeon lift him up with his mighty strength and threw Minho into the air away from him. I watch them in shock. Minho lands on his feet. Minho charged again, strike his feet at Taecyeon. Taecyeon dodge and lift Minho off his feet with his mind and strike his fist in the air. A strong blast struck Minho in the stomach, sending him flying back away again. Minho grunt as he stood on his feet, he glared at Taecyeon angrily. Minho tighten fists, he jumps into air and was about to change into a wolf form until Nichkhun and Wooyoung held tightly onto Minho, stopping him from changing shape in public as they land back on the ground. Minho struggles to break free but Nichkhun gripped around his neck and left arms where too strong.           

            “Stop!” Seulong shouted in between Minho and Taecyeon.     

            Taeyeon ran to me. “Are you okay?” She asked. I nod.                                              

            “Minho Stop!” Kangin shouted as he quickly walked up to him.

            Kangin and Jonghyun finally arrived and stood in front of Minho.

            Nichkhun and Wooyoung back away and join Seulong and Fei. Wooyoung smell his clothes and gave a nasty looked at Seulong and Nichkhun.

            “Wow they stink.” Wooyoung complained.           

            Minho glared at Wooyoung. Wooyoung just shrugged his shoulders.

            “What is your problem?” Taecyeon raised his voice.

            “Did you forget the treaty already?” said Seulong as he faced Minho and Jonghyun.

            “No we haven’t.” Jonghyun answered for both.

            “Then what is the meaning of this?” said Seulong. “You attack my son.”

            “My apology.” Kangin apologized for Minho.

            “Why are you apologizing? We didn’t do anything wrong?” said Minho fiercely. “They attacked us last night.”

            “We did not.” Taecyeon spoke loudly. “The treaty is made a for a reason and I don’t disobeyed it.”

            “You’re lying!” Minho exclaimed.

            “Kangin, do you have any proof that my son attacked you guys last night?” said Seulong.

            “You know what you did. You trespassed our land with you bloodsucking monsters friends and attack our people. You killed one of the man!” Minho shouted angrily.

            Taeyeon grabbed my arm in shocked and fear. I stood listening to Minho angry words at Taecyeon.

            “I was no where near your land!” Taecyeon angered rise. “You keep you mouth shut.”

            Nichkhun and Wooyoung step in front of Taecyeon preventing him from attacking them.

            “You do know that we were attack last night, right?” said Kangin as he looked at Seulong.

            Seulong nodded, “We do and we went to searched for them too.” He said.

            “Did you know how many and what time you found them?” Jonghyun asked.

            “There were four by Yoona house, around 11 to 12 is when we killed them all.” Fei answered.

            “Well, apparently they were one still remaining in our property. He was about Taecyeon height and figure with similar face like him. Are you sure your son did not trespassed our property.” Kangin questioned him.

            “Wait, there’s one more.” Said Wooyoung in shocked.

            Fei looked at Kahi, “I didn’t see him in my vision.” Said Kahi.

            “Because your power is weak and pathetic.” Said Minho unpleasantly. “You’re just a girl.”

            “Minho enough!” Jonghyun shouted at Minho.

            Nichkhun glared at Minho. “Watch your mouth.” Nichkhun warned him.

            “Even if I’m just a girl, I have the power to see the present and future.” Kahi said in an unhappy tone.

            “I told him to stayed behind and protect Yoona while my family and I pursued the last one.” Said Seulong.

            “What were you doing at Yoona house?” Minho asked with the fierce tone. “You probably leave the moment your family leave?” Minho continued to frame Taecyeon. “You’re a bloodsucker, you need blood. That’s why you trespassed and killed one of my men.”  

            “You!” Taecyeon fiercely walked to Minho but stopped by Nichkhun.

            “Stop.” Nichkhun glared at him. “If you attacked him now then they will think you did it and the treaty is off.” He warned Taecyeon.

            I walked up to Taecyeon and held his left hand. I worriedly looked into his eyes and pleaded him to stop with my eyes. Minho looked at Yoona and Taecyeon, jealousy and anger rise as he glared at Taecyeon.

            “Yoona get away from him.” Said Minho.

            I turn my attention to Kangin and Jonghyun. “I guarantee he was with me all night.” I said.

            “Miss, this is no time for lies.” Said Kangin.

            “I’m not. He was with me all night.” I said.

            “Okay, we are sorry for this inconvenience.” Said Kangin. He turned around and looked at Minho. “We go now.”

            “What! How could you let them go?” said Minho.

            “Do you have any proof? Did you actually saw the face?” Jonghyun said. Minho hesitated. “No, then we let it go.”

            “You make another move, I will take you out of the pack.” Said Kangin. “We go now.”

            Kangin and Jonghyun walked away. Minho took a last looked at Taecyeon and the Im family before he hopelessly and angrily walked away. Seulong and Fei face Taecyeon and Yoona. Wooyoung immediately remembered Taeyeon with them; he turn around and see the shocked and soulless Taeyeon standing five feet away. Nichkhun walked up to Kahi and slide his arm to her back.

            Wooyoung walked up to Taeyeon, “Ummm… we can explained” Said Wooyoung to Taeyeon. He looked at Seulong. “We didn’t tell her, Minho did. The Mandate won’t find out right?” He concernly asked.

            “I’m not sure.” Seulong worriedly said.     

            “I figured it out by myself, Taecyeon didn’t tell me.” I said.

            “We did not break any laws.” Said Kahi concernly.

            “I don’t think they’ll find out.” Said Fei, trying to assured them.

            Seulong hopelessly sighed, “Let’s just hope so.” He said.

            Wooyoung sighed relief, “But there’s still one somewhere here.” He said.

            “I didn’t see him in my vision last night. I was about to track the rest of the Mandate Coven except him.” Said Kahi worriedly.

            “Who ever he is, he is not a simple vampire.” Said Fei.

            “We have to be careful.” Said Seulong.

            Everybody nodded except Taeyeon and I, who are still clueless.

            “Umm I’ll take you home.” Said Wooyoung. He grabbed taeyeon left hand.

            Taeyeon looked at him in shock, “Your hand… your hand are so cold.” She said.

            Wooyoung let go her hand. Taeyeon looked at me and I nodded my head, assuring her that there is no harm. Taeyeon forcefully smiles and walked with Wooyoung. Seulong and Fei turn their attention to Taecyeon and Nichkhun.

            “I’ll be heading to the police station and check on Changmin, I want to know if he found any detail about that special vampire we left out.” Said Seulong.

            “I feel the Mandate Coven are on the move.” Said Nichkhun worriedly. “I can’t be clear with the feeling I felt last night about them right now but I can sense… from him that they are enjoying a game.”

            “A game?” Taecyeon, Seulong, and Fei questioned.

            “I don’t know, but after last night I have been keeping close attention to the Mandate Coven. I sense they’re enjoying something that relates to us.” Said Nichkhun.

            Kahi shockingly looked at him. I became scared as I listened to all those words he said. Taecyeon held my right hand tightly; I looked at his calm face as if he assured me that nothing would happen to me.

            “It seem like the Mandate are on the move.” Said Fei.

            “Alright then, we will continued this tonight. In the mean time, control yourself if the situation like this happen again.” Seulong said to Taecyeon strictly. “Remembered the treaty between the packs and us.”

            Taecyeon, Nichkhun, and Kahi nodded their head. Seulong and Fei walked back to Seulong car and drove to the station.

            Kahi turned and face Nichkhun. “Why didn’t you tell me about this?” She was upset as she looked at him.

            “I wasn’t sure.” Said Nichkhun. He took a quick uncomfortable glanced at me.

            Kahi eyes also direct at me. “Yoona, you can’t let anyone know about this.” She said to me. “In the mean time, you and Taeyeon have to pretend you didn’t know who we are to avoid the eyes of the Mandate Coven.” I nodded my head.

            Kahi walked away, Nichkhun quickly followed her and grabbed her left hand. He pulled her back and captured her lips passionately for a short moment.

            “Are you mad?” Nichkhun asked her. Worried that his power cause him trouble. 

            Kahi shook her head no. “I have no reason to be mad at you.” she said.

            Nichkhun sighed in relief. “I love you.” Said Nichkhun.

            Kahi shyly smiled as she walked away with Nichkhun. I smiled at their meaningful love, it felt like first love and they cherished every moment they have together. I looked back at Taecyeon with full of question on my face. I wanted to know about the Mandate Coven and the treaty between the pack and the vampire. T

            “Come on, I’ll take you home.” Said Taecyeon.

            I nodded my head. “I need to go to my locker first, I meet you at your car.” I said.

            He nodded. I walked away but felt a grabbed on my wrist and pulled me back. He lips touched mine. I smiled as I kissed him back. We break away and I head back to the building. At my locker, I organized my textbook orderly and put two notebooks in my pouch.

            “Are you with Taecyeon?”

            I startled. I close my locker and see Minho standing in front of with his an angry yet serious face.

            “Are you with him?” He asked me again.

            “Yes I am.” I answered.

            “You can’t.” said Minho loudly. “You can’t be with him.”

            “Why can’t I? I love him.” I said. “When did you have the right to be my second mom?”

            “I’m not, I just want you to stay away from him.” He said. “He’s a bloodsucker.”

            “I know who he is and I trust him.” I said in an irritated tone.

            “I don’t. I don’t want to hear one day about you dying because of him.” Said Minho loudly. “I care about you. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

            I stood in shocked as my heart beat fast. I became speechless as I looked into his eyes. Did he just confess to me? I didn’t know what else to say to him as I stood in front of him.

            “I like you, Yoona. You can’t be with him, please Yoona.” He pleaded.

            I could hear my heart beat in confusion as he appeared in my mind along with Taecyeon.

            “I have to go.” I stutter nervously.

            Minho grabbed my arm and pulled me into his embraces. My jaw dropped as my eyes widen even more shocked.

            “Please be with me. I can protect you. I can love you more than him.” Minho voice softened to my ears. “You can’t be with him.”

            My mind want to break away from him but my body is defying as I stood in his arm. His body was warm compare to Taecyeon. I could hear his heartbeats and the warm air coming out of his nasal. My mind came back to reality as I hard a music playing in the hallway; it sound like it was more of a ringtone. I break away and looked pass him. Minh turn around and saw Taecyeon stood at the end of the hall, at the exit. He was confused and sadly looked away. I watched him walked away; I could felt my heartbeats beating fast in guilty.

            I looked at Minho, “I’m sorry Minho.” I said to him before I ran to the exit to Taecyeon.

            “Yoona!” He shouted for me.

            I didn’t stop and continued to run to Taecyeon car. I saw him standing by his car with his back facing me. I stop a couple feet away from him. He opened the door for me without looking at me.

            “Get in, I’m taking you home.” He tone with cold.

            “No, not yet.” I said.

            “I have to go somewhere else. You need to be home.” He said.

            “I want to go along with you.” I insisted. I tried to breathe calmly as I think of ways to explain to him. “Back in the building, what you saw meant noth…..” Somehow that word couldn’t come out of my mouth. “I only see him as a friend.”

            “Are you sure?” He asked me. “Maybe our relationship was never meant to be. Maybe he is right, I could hurt you any day without being able to control myself.”

            “I don’t care.” I anxiously said to him. “I told you how I felt about you already, I told you I want to be with you, and I really do.” My voice softened at the last three words.

            He turned around and smiled weakly at me. He touches my right cheek lightly. “I believe you.” He said.   

            I charge into his arms and wrap my arms around him tightly. “You are not allow leave me.” I said.

            “I won’t. Now can I take you home?” He asked.

            I shook my head. “My mom is not at the shop and won’t be home till 9. I want to spend more time with you.” I said.

            He broke the embrace and softly smiled as he looked at me. “ Okay.” He said. “Come on.”

            I entered the car and he closed the door. I watched him walked over to his side and entered his car. He start the engine and drove away. I looked out the window and suddenly Minho words repeat in my head. I shook it off and sigh deeply.

            “What’s wrong?” He asked.

            I looked at him and smiled as I shook my head. “Nothing wrong.”

            Twenty minutes passed, he stopped in car in the parking spot on the side of his house. In just a flash the door on my side open with his hand out for me. Like a princess, I grabbed his hand and got out of the car. We walked into his house hand in hand. Looking around the living room, I saw Kahi and Nichkhun in the room. Kahi immediately run up to me and give me a hugged. I hugged her back before letting her go.

            “Wooyoung is still not back?” Said Taecyeon.

            “I am now.” Wooyoung entered the house.

            “You didn’t tell her right?” said Nichkhun.

            Wooyoung shook his head, “No not directly but I just gave her hint of what we are. I told her we are not harmful or dangerous.” He said.

            “What’s her reaction?” Kahi asked.

            “I don’t know. Her face expression was really hard to tell.” Said Wooyoung. “I’m not good with girl expression.”

            Kahi and Yoona giggle quietly.

            “Is Seulong and Fei still with Changmin?” Wooyoung asked.

            “No.” said Nichkhun.

            I looked at him, “What is it?” He said to me.

            “So the whole reason you where there at my house last night was because of the nomads?” I asked him. “And Minho. Why does he hate you guys so much? And what about the treaty between you and him.”

            “He’s a shape-shifter.” Wooyoung blurted out.

            Nichkhun, Kahi, and Taecyeon glared at him.

            “A shape-shifter?” I questioned them.

            Taecyeon sigh, “Minho is a werewolf. He can change into a large dog and is considered Vampire worst enemy.” I said.

            “The treaty a commitment that we don’t human blood or killed them and they are not allowed to come to our land without our permission. They are also not also to attack without evident.” Said Wooyoung.

            “How long has this treaty been?” I asked.

            “For almost two centuries now.” Said Nichkhun as he walked up to Kahi.

            Seulong and Fei entered the house; “I want Taecyeon, Wooyoung, and Nichkhun in the study room now.” He said urgently as he held the yellow envelope.

            Fei stayed behind as the men followed Seulong into the room.

            “What did Seulong find out at the station?” Kahi asked.

            I looked at Fei anxiously.     

            “It has something to do with Taecyeon.” Said Fei.

            My eyes grew wide as I looked at Fei.

            “Taecyeon?” Kahi and I said.

            Fei hopelessly nodded. “I can’t say much, Seulong will find out the truth.” She said.

 

To be continued……………….