Chapter Thirty: Recruiting

The Beginning Of Eternity

          Two days passed very face. In two days, Claudia had grown a little; it shocks me. A half vampire—half human can grow two times faster in just a short amount of time.  In this rate, she will be able to walk in no time. Since two days time is up, we now hit the road as planned. Seulong and head North to his friends places. Taecyeon and I go west to the Wonder Coven. Yuri and Kahi gone South for other allies. Leaving Nichkhun and Wooyoung home with Taeyeon and Claudia. Sitting in the car, looking out the window, trees are waving back and forth, the leaves flying in the air. Fall has strikes us once again. I can’t it have been a year since all of this have happen; attending school, marrying Taecyeon, and giving birth to Claudia. It has been one quick year.

            “Fall is here.” I whispered to him as I turn my head.

            Taecyeon shot a quick warm smile at me. “I know. It has been a year.”

            He read my thoughts. “The Wonder Coven…. are they…?”

            “They are very easy to convince. They will help us witness the fight”

            “Fight?” Memories of him fighting his brother pop in my head. It still frighten even till now.

            “Don’t worry, it won’t happen again. I promise.” He reaches for my hand—grabs it—and held it tightly on my lap.

            “Chansung… it seems like a caring man. He cares deeply about your parent—our parent. He is hurt.”

            “I know. And blind by the pain of dad and mom death. I will what it takes to bring him back to the good side.” He confidently said.

            I sighed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            Chansung storms into the grand room where everybody is waiting for him. He looks at Hyori who is wrathful. He stops and bowed to her before he speaks.

            “My lady.” Chansung called.

            “We have been fool.” Said Hyori unpleasantly.

            Chansung confoundedly looks at her. “Fool?”

            “Yesterday, I discovered we’ve been watched by the IM family.”

            “Who was it?”

            “Nichkhun, the element bender. He had his emotion on us, reading us from a far. When I found it, I entered his mind, took control of him and force him to attack his own family but fail when something disconnected me from entering his mind.” Hyori explained to him. She stood and steadily walks to him, stopping four inches away from him. “The visual Kahi showed me was false. Yoona have given birth. A baby girl, half vampire and half human that can bring harm to us.”

            Chansung stood silently staring into her eyes. Her tones and movement stiffen him.

            “From what I heard, they have spread out and went to find allies.” Said Yunho stonily.

            “They are recruiting to fight against us.” Said Sehun ruthlessly. “Your brother and family….”

            “I have no family.” Said Chansung infuriatedly.

            Hyori viciously smirks. “Yunho and you will go retrieve the baby. I would like to see the baby.” Hyori walks back to her seat. “War is about to start soon.”

            “Yes my lady.” Said Chansung his head bow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At the Wonder Coven—

            Taecyeon drove up the hill to a lodge own by the coven. He stops the car—shift it to Park before he withdraws the key. He and I steps out of the car and walks up the walkway to the porch where the ladies are patiently waiting for us. My right grips tighten on his arm as we takes step after step.

            “What brings you here cousin?” Yubin asked.

            “Is everything alright?” Sunye asked.

            “No.” Taecyeon answered.

            A man walks out from inside and stood beside Sunye.

            “This is James, my husband. He couldn’t come to the wedding because he was serving his term for the Mandate Coven.” Sunye explained. “James, this is our cousin, Taecyeon and Yoona.”

            James holds his hand out, “Nice to finally meet you both.” He said as he shook Taecyeon and I hand.

            “Yoona, are you alright?” Yenny worriedly asked. “Tell us what’s wrong.”

            “We need your help.” Taecyeon said with serious tone.

            “Is this about the Mandate Coven?” James asked.

            “Yes.” I answered this time. “They are on the move.”

            “I heard.” Said James. The ladies turn their head and looks at him. “Before I left the Mandate, there were rumors spreading, Hyori was up to something.”

            “She is. We were under attack two nights ago. Nichkhun have always been on guard and watch the Mandate movement, but was discovered and controlled by Hyori.”

            “Is he…?”

            “We recovered him from her controlled.” I said.

            “That mean they will be coming soon.” Said Sohee.

            “Yes. That is why we are here. We need your help.” Taecyeon beg. “My family needs your help.”

            “Why? What happen between you and the Mandate?” Hye Lim curiously asked. “What really is the reason?”

            “I can’t explain to you now, but once you agree and follow us back to our home, you will know everything.” Taecyeon said.

            “Even if we agree to help, we will still not win against the Mandate.” Said Yubin.

            “There is more coming.” I eagerly said. “Seulong, Fei, Yuri, and Kahi went to ask others to join.”

            “Please.” Taecyeon begged.

            “I’ll join.” Said Sunye calmly.

            “I go wherever my wife go.” Said James.

            “Then we’ll join.” Said Yenny. 

            Looking at the coven, I see their smiles as I look from one to the next. There were calm, not afraid of anything at all. I was slightly relief to our successful persuasion. With the Wonder Coven agreeing to help, the rest depends on others.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

China, Hong Kong….

             Seulong and Fei drove through the forest, turning left to right and follow the river. They drives pass the mountain, deeper in the forest up to a luxurious glass house. Seulong press his right leg on the break and the car came to a stop.

            “We’re here.” Said Seulong.

            Fei give him a smile before he and she step out of the car. Looking around the place, the analysis every single corner of the place before processing to the house until two shadows jump down from nowhere.

            “Well. Well, what brings you here?” Jinwoon happily said as he dust his hands.

            “It must be urgent if both of you are here.” Said Jokwon.

            “We need your help.” Seulong said.

            Two men walk out of the house and up to the group.

            “Help? What’s wrong?” Jun K. asked.

            “The Mandate is on the moves.” Said Fei.

            “We will be at war soon.” Said Seulong.

            “Mandate?” Their eyes jolt wide as they shockingly looks at Seulong and Fei.

            “How could this be?” Junho was in disbelief.

            “We can’t really tell you here, but if you come with us, you will know why.” Said Seulong.

            “Why can’t you said it here?” Jinwoon asked.

            “Because you have to see it yourself to believe it.” Said Seulong convincingly.

            “Is it bad?” Jokwon asked. Jun K. and Junho give Jokwon a ‘Seriously, do you have to ask,’ look. “What? I just want to know how bad it is.”

            “It’s really bad.” Said Fei with her eyebrows raised.

            “Alright, let’s go.” Said Jun. K.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thailand, Railay Beach…..

             Kahi and Yuri walks down the hill, on the sidewalk, to a house at the very far end of the beach. They step into the sand and continue to stroll for another five-right minutes. Two young ladies comes running out of the house and one embrace Kahi with the other hug Yuri.

            “Hey girls.” Min happily greeted her. “How come you didn’t tell us you both were coming?” She asked. “Where is Nichkhun? He’s always with you.”

            Kahi give a weak smile before she speaks. “Not this time. “ She said. “We came with urgent request.”

            The smiles on Jia and Min face disappeared. “Did something bad happen?” Jia asked.

            “Not yet.” Said Yuri. “But will soon.”

            Jia and Min face were puzzle as they look at them.

            “We came to ask you for help.” Said Kahi.

            “Help?”

            “Our family will be at war soon.” Said Kahi. “And we can’t face the Mandate alone.”

            “The Mandate? Why face the Mandate?” Min asked.

            “It’s complicated.” Said Yuri, “But if you agree to come with us, then you will know why later.”

            “Just tell me now. I think I can handle what you will show me when we arrive.” Said Min freely.

            “Yoona… she have given birth to a baby girl.” Kahi confessed. “It’s Taecyeon and Yoona daughter.”

            “Whoa, this is way out of league.” Jia stuttered in shock. “How? When? Is this even….”

            “Possible?” Min finished it for her.

            “It is now.” Said Kahi.” If you come, you will see the girl.” Trying to be convincing. “There are no harm, no danger, it’s just love and protection.”

            Jia and Min look at each other, debating through their eyes.

            “The baby has a heart.” Yuri added, hoping it will help a little. “She breath the air. She sleeps like human. She can eat human food.”

            “She can survive on either.” Kahi said.

            Hesitating for moment, they were convince. Jia and Min nodded their head and follow Kahi and Yuri.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            Waiting for everybody to be back, Wooyoung and Nichkhun takes turn watching and taking care of Claudia. They were please that Claudia did not cry at all today. It was easy, they just need to feed her human food and tug her into her crib. Minho have drop by to visit Claudia, but in fact, he was checking to make sure nothing happen to Claudia. After spending a few hours with Claudia, Minho left, leaving her with Nichkhun and Wooyoung again.

            “When do you think they will be back?” Wooyoung asked as he watches Claudia sleep.

            Sitting on the couch and watching TV in the smallest volume, Nichkhun answered. “I don’t know.”

            “I hope our friend and family will join. This war… I have a bad feeling.” Wooyoung hopelessly said.

            “Cheer up. Don’t be a downer.” Nichkhun dislike hearing negative things.

            “I don’t know why I’m feeling this way. Something inside of me is bugging me.” Wooyoung pout as he lightly touches Claudia puffy cheeks.

            Nichkhun ignore him and pay full attention to the news in the TV. Suddenly, he feels something negative close by. Putting the remote down, Nichkhun stood and walks to the glass window next to the front door. He looks outside. Wooyoung stand up and turn around, only to see him weirdly standing at the large window and looking outside. Wooyoung walks up to him, tap on his shoulder.

            “What’s wrong?” Wooyoung weirdly asked.

            “I sense something close by.” Said Nichkhun disturbingly. “Its’ emotion is very strong.”

            “Be careful. It could be Hyori.” Wooyoung warned him.

            “It’s not her.”

            The two of them stay silent as they looks scan their eyes around the area. Nichkhun decide to go out and take a better look. The emotion he felt is getting stronger. It was similar to what he felt back at the field after the soccer game and at the church. His eyes widen and his turn immediately turn around the moment he identify who it was.

            “Claudia!” He runs back into the house, but stop when he sees Chansung holding onto the sleeping Claudia.

 

To be continue…………………………