Chapter twenty eight: The New You

The Beginning Of Eternity

           The next morning, Minho, Nichkhun, Kahi, Yuri, Fei carrying the baby, and Seulong are in the living room, waiting for the result. In the Taeyeon’s room, Wooyoung sat on a stool beside Taeyeon, holding her hand tightly. He have been waiting eight hours for her to complete the transformation. He pray every minutes for her as he wait, it frustrate him, but he have no choice. Taeyeon finally awakes. She open her eyes slowly, looking at the ceiling first then turn her head slowly to her right. She sees Wooyoung sitting beside her with his eyes close and silently praying as he held her hand tightly. Softly smiling, she lifts her other free hand up and touch his face light. Wooyoung startle by her touch. His eyes flung open.

            “Taeyeon.” Wooyoung happily called her. Taeyeon tries to get up. Wooyoung quickly help her to a sitting position. “How are you feeling?” He asked.

            Taeyeon take a moment to think. Placing her hand at her left chest, she no longer feels her heartbeat. Looking at herself, her skins have become paler and her temperature are now different from human temperature. “I feel different.” She answered him. From a smile to a guilty looks, Wooyoung face the floor. “What happen?” She asked. Wooyoung do not dare to look nor answer her. He gets off the stool and step back a couple feet then drop to his knees with both hand on his thigh. Taeyeon confusedly looks at him. “Wooyoung?” She called him.

            “You feel strange—different because I have turned you into a vampire without your consent.” Wooyoung truthfully explained to her. “ I had to do it. You were dying. Your intestines and kidney were destroyed. I couldn’t lose you.” He said with sincere. “I know this is selfish, but I had. I have no other choice but to turn you. Please forgive me.” He guiltily closes his eyes as he face the floor.

            “So this is the reason you couldn’t look directly at me?” Taeyeon gently said.

            Wooyoung nodded. “I have to tell you something. You may think we break rules a lot, but there is one most absolute law that all vampire must follow no matter what… well from what I was taught and learn from Seulong, is to always seek permission first before taking any further action.” He said.

            Taeyeon walks up to him, down on her knees, and lift his face up by his chin. She reached for his right hand while her left hand cup the side of his face. “Look at me.” She ordered him. Wooyoung still could not look at her with all the guilty inside of him. “Are you not taking responsibility for what you did? So for the rest of eternity, you won’t look at me at all?”

            Wooyoung immediately looks at her. “Of course I will take responsibility.”

            She smiles, “I’m not mad at you. If I were conscious, I would as you to do so too.” She kindly said.

            “Really?” Wooyoung surprisingly asked.

            Taeyeon nodded. “You safe my life. I should be thanking you, not be mad at you.” She said.

            “Wooyoung smiles, “For a second, I thought you would hate me forever.”

            Taeyeon cutely shakes her head no. She pinch his mandoo cheeks, “You are such an idiot. Very old fashion and traditional. Jang Wooyoung, you really are an idio…..”

            Wooyoung cut her off with his lips. Taeyeon was taken back a little by his action before she smiles and kisses him back with her arms wraps around his neck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            In Yoona’s room, another two hours have passed. Taecyeon have been waiting for ten hours. Not once have he left the room—left Yoona side. Kahi, Fei, and Yuri offered to watch over Yoona, so he can go rest, filled him up, and change, but he rejects it all. Nichkhun brought in new clothes for him to change into since he knew Taecyeon would not leave the room till Yoona is awake. After Nichkhun left the room and Taecyeon quickly changes into new cloths He sat beside Yoona’s bed, begging, praying, and waiting for her to open her eyes. He was wreck as he stood heartbrokenly by the glass door. Looking up at the sky, it was cloudy—ready to snow at any time soon. Suddenly, four deer stroll, two males and two female, out of the woods. A pair of deer walking up to the large glass window then stop ten feet away, rubbing their heads on each other, while the other strolls around the yards. Snows start falling from the sky. He slides the door open—take a step outside—and held his right hand out, he catches snowflakes. The pair of deer walks up to him, slowly and calmly. A light smiles flash across his face seeing flake after flake on his hand. The pair of deer stops in front of her, looking at him. Taecyeon gently and lightly scratches their head.

            “If only she was here beside me.” He whispered softly. “I always thought how could a deer live happily even though the times are short. But now, I finally understand. Time is not important. Being with your other half is all you need. Just like me, all I need is her and the baby.”

            Taecyeon continues to play with the deer as snows falls lightly from the sky. A cold breeze flew into the room up to the bed.

            Awaken by a light breeze, I slowly open my eyes and stares at the ceiling for a moment before turning my head to my right and sees him chatting with the deer. I wanted to call him, but hearing his voice stop me from doing it so.

            “Please give me strength. Please help me stand. Without her, I am nothing. I can’t hate our child. I know she didn’t mean to hurt her. I know it was only an accident. But I don’t know how much longer I can wait for her to be awake. What am I going to do if she never wakes up?” Taecyeon quietly stuttered fear. “Our baby still doesn’t have a name yet. I want Yoona to name our baby.” He rubs his fingers lightly at the deer chin.

            “Taecyeon” I softly called him.

            Taecyeon freeze hearing her voice. He stood and turns around, looking at me. Wordless, he walks up to me—then lower himself to his knees—and hold my right hand against his cheek.

            “Hi.” He greeted me softly.

            “Hi.” I reply in the same tone.

            “How are you feeling?”

            “Better now. More alive.” I warmly smiles to him.

            Lifting my other hand up and cup his face, I softly beats as I connect my thought with his. It’s more clearer now just like crystal clear. I feel, read, and understand him better than ever. Looking at his soft smiles, I know he was relief to see me awake.

            “We’re the same temperature now.” He whispered.

            “I sorry for making you wait this long.” I apologized to him. “I hope it’s not too long.”

            He shook his head lightly, “You didn’t. Just right on time to see the snows.” He peacefully said. “Did you know you really scare me last night? I thought I inject my venom in you too late. I thought I was really going to lose you. “

            “I can’t leave. I can’t break our promise. We still haven’t start our forever yet.” I calmly said as I lock my eyes on him.

            “You still haven’t given our a name yet.”

            His words reminded me of our baby. Is he or she okay? How does the baby look? Questions flooded my head as I think more about the baby. “How is the baby?” I asked.

            “She is beautiful. She is outside with the rest.”

            “Rest?” I repeated. Taeyeon immediately come to my mind. “ Taeyeon? How is she?” I worriedly asked.

            “She is safe now. A vampire now, created at the same time as you.” He said.

            “A vampire?”

            He nodded his head lightly. “Wooyoung is probably begging for forgiveness right now.” He said.

            Why?” I curiously asked.

            “There is one absolute rule in this family that we must follow and that is to ask permission before turning someone they care and or love for into a vampire. Death is case of emergency, so the rule can be ignore, but to Wooyoung, who obey Seulong very much, follow that rule strictly.” He explained to me. “Let say for example, Kahi. She is another case, a forceful case. Blood thirst control our mind and body, we can’t control ourselves much.”

            “Then what about us? You didn’t ask me permission.” I jokingly said.

            “We have bond already. We are a married couple. You promise to be with me forever, so you life is mine just my life is yours.” He confidently said. “Anyhow, I can’t have you be a human beauty forever. Vampire heals faster than human and at lower risk of getting harm.”

            “Fine, you are forgiven.” I smiles, “We start off new again.”

            He pecks my hands, agreeing to my deal. “Do you have a name in mind?” He asked.

            I nodded, “Claudia.”

            “Ok Jin-Joo Claudia.” He gave a proper full name for our baby.

            “I love it.” I smiles.

            Wanting to sit up, Taecyeon gave me a hand and pull me up. Wanting to test my hybrid strength, I pull him to me. Astound by the result, I hold my hands together behind his neck.

            “I see you enjoying the new you.” He commented.

            “Very much.” I whispered, pulling him closer, I lock my lips on his.      

            He quickly returns my kiss with an additional of passion and tender. Feeling a tingling and tickles down my back, I was lift off the bed. I giggle lightly as I wrapped my legs around him, my fingers through his hair as we deepen our kiss with his tongue in my mouth. I am very happy to the new me, I no longer to break the kiss and stop for air. I really like this sensation because I am as strong as he is—fast as he is—glows like him—and a better hearing as he is, and especially this ual sensation burning inside of me. I break the kiss after I hear Claudia giggling out in the living room. Looking into his eyes, I see the disappointment on his face.

            “I want to see Claudia.” I softly said.

            “Okay.” He said. He put me down and we walk out of the room together. Looking into the family room, everybody is seating at the couch. We stroll to them. I see our daughter in Fei arms. She is beautiful.

6003429_std.jpg

                  Taeyeon stands and smiles at me. We run to each other, embracing each other tightly. “Taeyeon. I’m sorry I couldn’t be by your side.”

            Taeyeon patted my back lightly before we parted. “It’s okay. You were labor.” Taeyeon said. “You were also in danger.”

            I smiles to her, happy that she understand the situation that I was in.

            “Congratulation.” Taeyeon said. “So have you thought of a name?” She asked.

            “Yes. It’s Ok Jin-Joo Claudia. My little pearl princess.” I happily said.

            “That’s a lovely name. Very wise Yoona.” Seulong commented.

            “Can I carry her?” I eagerly asked, wanting to hold her in my arms.

            “Not yet.” Taecyeon grabbed my hand. “There is something you need to do first. Both you and Taeyeon.” He said.

            We cluelessly look at him.

            “True. You and Yoona need to feed.” Wooyoung added. “It’s hunting time. It will be easy.” He excitedly said.

            “Hunting?” Our voice raised in shock a little.

            “Yes, hunting.” Taecyeon repeat.

            “This should be fun.” Nichkhun smirked. “I would like to see this.” He teased us, underestimating their ability.

            Kahi lightly slap his chest, flashing a glare before she supportively looks at Taeyeon and I. “Every vampire must know how to hunt. I think you two will do fine.” She said.

            “After hunting then you can hold Claudia as much as you want.” Said Fei.

            “Why after hunting?” I asked.

            “To test your controllability.” Said Yuri. “If you are calm and steady, able to control your self from spoiling your hunt, then you past the test.” She smiles.

            “Alright, lets’ go.” Said Taecyeon.

            He grabbed her hand and pulls her out of the house. Wooyoung, Taeyeon, Kahi, and Nichkhun shortly joined them, running along with them to the wood. Running like a roadrunner, light as the wind, the six of them smiles at each other, racing each other to the finish. The six of them finally come a stop when they heard branches cracking, the sound of feet heavily stomping the ground. They knew it was the sound of their foods coming.

            Kahi looks at Nichkhun, resting her left hand at his chest. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” She asked.

            “I’ll be fine. I’m not new anymore. Don’t treat me like one.” Nichkhun said with a slight pout.

            Kahi smiles. She tiptoes and pecked his lips. “Sorry. I’m just worry you might not able to control yourself around fresh blood.”

            “I only need yours.” He voice was like a whispered.

            Two deer came strolling in the woods, eating leaves off tree and sniffing the ground.

            Taecyeon turn to look at me. “We may have good hearing, but theirs are better. So you have to be extra quiet.” He kindly advised me. “Think before you act. One strike for the blood.”

            I nodded before looking back at the deer. A strange energy roam my body, the color of my eyes change. It is similar to Taecyeon, but mine is more lighter than he is. Everything in front of me are clearer than ever, even brighter. The deer, it was beautiful; I don’t want to kill it, deer down harm human, but I have no choice. I waited patiently for it to be steady and still at one place. I was about to take a step, but stop when I heard something else near by. The growling as it softly approach. It was coming closer. I closely watch for it to come.

            “Yoona.” Taecyeon called me.

            Knowing what he wanted to say, I choose to wait for the one with heavy smell to approach. In a flash, I dash to it, tackling it aside before it can feed on the deer. It was a wildcat, very bold and strong.

            “Wow.” Nichkhun and Wooyoung were astounded.

            “She’s good.” Wooyoung praised.

            Taecyeon smiles as he watch me feed on the wildcat. Its’ taste was very rich and sweet. I am now full. Standing and looking at them, they applaud. Taecyeon sprints to me, wiping off the remaining blood off my lips.

            “How did I do?” I worriedly asked.

            “I would say...better than me.” Taecyeon commented. His ears twitch a little to the sound of heavy stomping sound. “They are coming.”

            “I don’t think I’m hungry anymore.” I said to him.

            He smiles. In a flash, he carries me up to a higher level where the rest are.

            “Taeyeon, it’s your turn.” Said Wooyoung.

            “Can I just drink from the bag instead?” Taeyeon whined.

            “No, you have to hunt. It will help in the future.” Said Wooyoung.

            Taeyeon nervously gulp as she looks down at the wildcat standing below them. She took a step forward, pause for a moment before she jump down, coming face to face with them.          

            “Hi kitty.” Taeyeon stuttered nervously.

             The wildcats snort as they glare at Taeyeon. Taeyeon nervously gulp again. She begins to steps forward slowly and carefully, suddenly the wildcat roar and chase. Taeyeon made a run.

            “Ahhh!!” Taeyeon scream as she runs for life. “I hate this!”

            Everybody start laughing except Wooyoung who were just confused. Taeyeon was running around, hiding from one tree to the next.

            “Wow. Yoona and Taeyeon are really different. One with strong wells and the other with soft and gentle mind.” Nichkhun teased.

            “Nichkhun, be polite.” Kahi said.

            “Taeyeon, just go for it.” I shouted, supporting her from above. “They can’t harm you. You can heal now.”

            “Yah, its’ easy for you, not me.” Taeyeon spoke as she runs away from the wildcat.

            “Baby, just go for it.” Wooyoung loudly said.

            “JANG WOOYOUNG!!” She angrily shouted. “If you don’t come down here, we are over!”

            Being chase by the wildcat is not one of her most favorite thing to do on her first day being a vampire. It was as if she is defeated. Wooyoung quickly run to herjumping down from the high level and land heavily on his two feet with vampire greenish gold eyes. He swung his arms fiercely at the wildcat—throwing them in the air to the tree and then grab the other wildcat neck and twist it hard, killing it intensely. Taeyeon finally stop. She angrily walks to him. Wooyoung shut his vampire eyes down and nervouly looks at her. 

            “It took you this long to get down here.” Taeyeon spoke in anger. “How can you say it’s easy? I don’t see easy anywhere.”

            “Yoona did it.” Said Wooyoung. “I’ve done it. Everybody did.”

            “Not me.” Said Taeyeon. “I’m not ready for this things.”

            “It’s not that you are not ready, it’s just that you are not use to this things yet.” Wooyoung was making sense out of himself.

            “Jang Wooyoung!” She exclaimed.

            “Okay, okay you two. Stop it already.” Kahi interrupted. She jumped down from the hill. “We’ll try some other time.”

            Wooyoung quickly nodded while Taeyeon glares at him.

            “It’s going to take a while for her to get use to this.” Taecyeon whispered to me.

            “I think so too.” I agreed with him.

 

To be continue………………………….