Chapter twenty three: Fear

The Beginning Of Eternity

           The blood bags are not helping me any better. The baby is not accepting donating bloods. My skins are paler and veins are bluer then before as hours pass. The bump are growing, the baby in me are growing. Regular human diets are not filling me. I vomit every time the minute the food entered my throat. Taecyeon have been forbidden to stay out of the room, because my situation. The only time I see him was probably the check-up. Phone calls are the only accessible between us. Only women can entered the room. Fei repeatly replace the empty bag with the new and fresh bloods. Kahi and Taeyeon stay in the room to keep my company while Yuri stays in her Garden room, reading ancient book, mixing chemical to create the cure for me. I’ve been on bed since yesterday. Every minute it passes I felt as if a year have gone by. I’m not handicapped. I can walk, but they permit me from walking.

            “I want to shower. “I said in a low voice.

            “We’ll help you.” said Kahi and Taeyeon.

            The moment Taeyeon stood, her phone rang. She took out her cellphone and looked at the screen. By her happy face, I knew it was from Wooyoung. Kahi me into the bathroom in bedroom. Helping me over to the sink and mirror, she walked to the tub and prepares the water. Through the mirror, I see a skinny, bonny, and pale girl standing about my height; same hair and facial. This is me in the mirror. Suddenly a tall build figure appears in the mirror on the left. Recognized by his face, I turn around and see the anger, upset, and frustrating on his face.

            “Taec—Taecyeon.” I stuttered. He shocked me.

            His eyes roam up and down my imperfect and unhealthy body.

            “How did you get in?” Kahi asked.

            “The door. I wanted to see Yoona.” He said without taking his eyes off me.

            “She’s showering. You shouldn’t be in here.” Kahi said as she walked to the door.

            “Wait.” Taecyeon stopped the door. “Yoona, please…” He pleaded.

            Kahi gazes at me, waiting for my answered before taking any action. His pleading strike me, giving me another reason to distant myself more away from him. I looked down, not giving him an answered. From my action, Kahi knew what to do. She closed the door.

            “You will be in labor soon.” Said Kahi.

            “I know.” My voices are as weak as a dying person lying on the bed in the hospital. It was lifeless.

            After showered, I decided to leave the room. Being locked in the room a couple days, I’m really bored.

            “Be careful okay?” Said Taeyeon as she and Kahi help walked down the stairs.

            I just gave them smiles as I carefully step down the stair. “I’m fine. I can walk. Let go and I’ll show you.” I said.

            “It’s better if we help you.” Said Kahi.

            “Just let go of my hand, I can do this. You’re just spoiling me right now if you don’t let me walk or do things on my own.” I insist.

            Kahi and Taeyeon looked at each other, hesitating for a moment before letting go of my arms. I gave them confident smiles and finishes walking down the stairs on my own.  I noticed from the kitchen to the living room, it’s empty.

            “Where is everybody?” I asked.

            Kahi shrug her shoulder. “ I don’t know, maybe in the reading room.”

            I make my way to the reading, but only to be stop by Yuri, who happen to walk passed.

            “Hi, how are you feeling?” Yuri asked as she walked up to me.

            I can’t really tell how I feel right now, weak or strong, I don’t know. Yuri reach for my right hand, placed two fingers on my wrist. She was reading my pulse.

            “I’m not as weak as you think I am.” I said.

            “I know. Our family blood can not be underestimated.” Said Yuri.

            “Wait. Wait.” Taeyeon interrupted. “Family blood?” The puzzled face of hers explained that she was shock.

            “She’s Yoona great-great grand aunty.” Kahi explained. “They are related.”

            “Really?” Taeyeon shockingly looked at me.

            I nodded.

            Yuri smiles, “Where are you going?” She asked.

            “Just needed to escaped the room. Do you know where everybody is?” I asked.

            “They’re all in the reading room.” Said Yuri.

            I nodded with a smile as thank you before I head over to the room.

            “Wait, we have a guest.” Kahi stopped and take a deep sniff. She turned and looked at me with warm smiles. “Minho is here.”

            I startle by her words. Looking at myself, I’m paler than snow, skinner than a deer. I can’t let him see me like this.

            “How about I go welcome him in? You go look for Taecyeon first.” Taeyeon suggested.

            Immediately nodded my head. Taeyeon head to the front door while I stroll to the reading room, but stop when I heard and see Taecyeon shadow through the little creak.  Shelf

            “Seulong, help me…help me take that baby out of her.” Taecyeon voices trembles in fear. “It’s killing her.”

            “She will be at risk.” Said Seulong. “Her and the baby.”

            “I’ll turn her the moment its’ out of her.”

            “Taecyeon, she will be in labor soon.” Seulong tried to change his mind.

            “Didn’t you say the baby symptom is too strong for her body to tolerate. Didn’t you say it killing by the minutes?” Taecyeon cutted him off.

            “I did.” Seulong admitted. “From the last check-up, the baby is crushing her. The baby immune is too strong for her.  The baby won’t accept the donated blood. She make look strong, but by the hours, Yoona is getting weak.”

            “Then that leaves me no choice.” Taecyeon stuttered frightenly.

             “Don’t you want the baby?” Seulong asked. “It has yours’ and Yoona’s blood.”

            “I don’t. I don’t want it. If I had to choose between the baby and Yoona, I rather not have the baby.” Taecyeon grabbed Seulong left arm. “Please Seulong, help me. I can’t watch die slowly… I don’t want the baby. I want it gone.” His voice was dreadful as if he had died all over again.

            I tremble in disbelief and hurt. Through the little open door, I see a man that is my husband but at the same time the murder of my child. He told me he felt the baby heart beat a couple days ago. I thought he felt what I felt, but no.

            “Yoona.” Taeyeon shouted my name.

            My body froze as I see a pair of eyes flash at me—guilty yet sad. It was his. Tears flood around my eyes, one by one; it escapes—flowing down my cheeks.

            “Yoona….” He called my name.

            I closed my eyes, trying to erase everything I heard.

            “Yoona, this is the negative effect—weakness of a vampire.” Kahi tried to explain to me. “What we fear the most is loosing the person we love, so this fear takes over and make us say our dislike, hatred, and anger all out.”

            I could not bare listening to her anymore. All I could think of is escaping this house. I opened and see Taecyeon walking toward me. I turn around, walk pass Taeyeon to the living room where Minho is waiting.

            “Yoona!” He shouted for me.

            I accelerate every muscle in my body, pushing all the energy out at once. I reached Minho before Taecyeon could grab me back. I stood behind him, using him as a shield—a wall to block Taecyeon from coming near me.

            “Yoona.” He called.

            “Don’t.” I stuttered hurtfully.

            “What did you do?” Minho angrily asked as he glared at Taecyeon.

            Taecyeon ignore him, putting all his attention on me. “Please let me explain.” He said. “I can’t lose you.”

            “You lied… you lied to me.” I tried holding my tears back.

            Taecyeon took a step but stopped by Minho.       

            “Stop.” Minho demanded.

             “I want leave this house.” I stuttered half alive without looking at Taecyeon.

            “No. Yoona, you can’t. The baby…” Taecyeon said nearly like a whisper.

            “You don’t care about the baby.” I strike a sad and hurtful looked at him with my fierce anger voice. “You told me you heard the baby heart’s beating, but just now you want it gone.”

            “It’s hurting you from inside outside. It’s draining you dried. You promise me you will stay with me. You promise me forever.”

            “I did.” A tear escaped my eyes. “And I am. I’m doing my best….”

            “How?” Taecyeon said loudly, cutting me off. His was shaky; it was vibrating in my ear. I can feel his fear, his anger flaming in him. “You are supposed to be my partner, remember. We are suppose to walk an eternity road together, but—“ Taecyeon paused for a moment. “But you have decide to choose the baby over me.”

            His words are like knives striking me one at a time. “You and the baby are important to me. I care about the baby as much as I love you.” I shed a couple more tears. “But you don’t see it. You don’t see what I see.”

            “How can I?” Weaken as he looked into my eyes. His voice is weak and frighten. “How can I see it when the only person I love the most, the person that is closest to me is dying? Tell me, how?” Taecyeon gulp as his eyes filled with tears ready to busted out. “Seulong say there is high chance of you not survive once the baby is out….” He chuckles hurtfully with his head to the side for a second before looking at her again. “This nightmare, words that  ’ve been trying to get it out of my head, but can’t. This is all I see, Yoona. Me shivering in fear…me loosing you.”

            “If you don’t believe me, then I guess there’s no point for me to stay here.” I grabbed Minho right arm, signal him to take me away.

            “Yoona, you can’t leave.” Fei worriedly said. “The baby needs blood. You need blood.”

            “Yes. Yoona listen to Fei.” Taeyeon tried to convince me.

            I closed my eyes, no plan of changing my mind. I feel my body getting weaker as if I will faint any moment.

            “We go.” Said Minho. He helped walked out of the house.

            Taecyeon stood with his fists gripped tight, cursing himself. Everybody around turned his or her attention to him, waiting and expecting him to do something.

            “Don’t just stand there. Go after her.” Said Wooyoung.

            “I read her mind. She won’t change mind no matter I said.” Said Taecyeon hopelessly. “Taeyeon, can you watch her for me. Bring her the blood bag for me. I watch from afar.”

            “I can tell.” Said Nichkhun. “No matter what we say, he have hurt her feeling the most. She very confused right now. Just give her time.”

            “But her labor day is near. Her stamina is low.” Said Fei.

            “But she have strong well. There is another I did not mention from her check up is that her blood is stronger and magnificent that outstand a normal blood of a human.” Said Seulong as he looked at Taecyeon. “Tomorrow, go get her back.”

            Taecyeon walks away from the family, out of the house, not to get Yoona back, but to watch her—protect her.

            Fei turn to Taeyeon, grabbed her hand. “Take the blood to Yoona.”

            “She haven’t had blood since a couple hours ago.” Said Kahi.

            Taeyeon nodded and follow Fei and Kahi into the kitchen.

            “What do you now?” Wooyoung asked.     

            Nichkhun and Seulong shrugged their shoulders and head to the kitchen.   

            “I hope this doesn’t happen to me and Taeyeon.” He prayed quietly as he followed Nichkhun and Seulong.

 

To be continue………………………………………….

 

Hi, 

I just want to let you know i have posted a new Taecyoon story a couple weeks. It's called, "The Moment of Destiny". I do hope you guys can come by and check it out. 

Thank you