Chapter Twelve: Nichkhun life before vampire

The Beginning Of Eternity

 

            I continued to pout and ignored him. The professor finally entered the room with a pile of papers in his arms. He put the pile of paper down on the table and greeted us with a smiled.  

            “Hi class, Merry Christmas! I have great new for you all.” Said the professor. Everybody looked at her with a wide smile and hands held together. “We are going to Thailand.” He announce to everybody, “For two days and nights.”

            Kahi looked at Nichkhun with a happy smiled.

            “Oh my god, finally a field trip!” Said a female student happily.

            “I heard Thailand have many beautiful nature and scenery.” Said the second female student.

            A male student raised his hand, the professor pointed at him. “Where are we staying in Thailand?” He asked.

            “At Phuket. There is a small played and only rare played there at Phuket. Since we will be studying about their ancient music and music drama, I might as well take you all to see it first and get a sense of feeling about it.”

            “Awesome!” The students shouted happily.

            “It looked like someone get to go home and visit.” Kahi whispered to him.

            Nichkhun smiled and pecked her forehead.

            “We will be leaving tomorrow early in the morning. I will need this slip handed to me by tomorrow.” Said the professor. “We will be leaving at 9:00, our flight is at 10:00. I will need this slip by 8:00am.”

            All the students nodded. The professor handed out the form to everybody.

            Minho crunched the form and threw it in the trash. Jonghyun and Jessica just smiled at each other. The professor began the class. My phone vibrate, I took my phone out of my purse and hide my phone under the table. I read the message in my mind. “This year, I wanted to only celebrated with you. Only the two of us. –Taecyeon.” I glanced at him with smiles across my face. The light of my phone went off and I put it back in my pug. He lean his head in and kissed my head. Two hours later, class was over. He took me to my mom’s shop and parked in front of the store. We entered and saw my mom watering the flowers.

            “Hi mom.” I said.

            My mom smiles at both of us. “Nice to see you two.” She said.

            I looked at him, signaling him to help my mom, “Mom do you need help? Taecyeon, why don’t you help my mom?” I offered after I glared at him.

            “No, I’m fine….” My mom answered as she struggles with the bucket.

            Taecyeon walked up to my mom and took the bucket out of her hand. “Just let me do it.” He said in a gently way.

            My mom clueless smiled and nodded her head before she walked up to me.

            “Wow he only listened to you.” My mom teased me. “Maybe you should ordered him to go to the back and help me carry the dirt bag up here.”

            She irritated me, I sighed hopelessly and looked at him. Taecyeon was gone and then appeared again with the dirt bag on his left shoulder. My mom and I covered our mouth in shocked. I watched him walked back and forth, carrying the dirt bags from the back room to the front over and over.

            Taecyeon stopped and looked at us. “What do I do with this dirt bags?” He asked.

            “Just leave it to me.” Said my mom. She quickly walked up to the bags and ripped the top part and began to applied dirt into the new pot.

            Taecyeon walked over to me and I dust some dirt off his shoulder. “Thank you.” I whispered to him. I looked at my mom and said to her, “Mom, I’m going on a field trip with my class tomorrow. The professor want the class to go to Phuket for two days.”

            My mom looked at me in shocked. “Phuket! I heard it’s very beautiful there.” She said enviously, “Yeah go. Explore my child.” She opened her arms widely. “Go explore your brain.”

            “Mom, you’re acting weird.” I embarrassedly covered my face. I peeked through my fingers and see him giggling. I pouted at him.

            “Okay, where do I sign to get rid of you?” said my mom.

            “Mom!” I pouted.

            “I was just kidding.” Said my mom.

            I sighed hopelessly and handed her the paper. She looked at Taecyeon, “You go have fun okay.” She said.

            I looked at Taecyeon and saw him reading something from his phone.

            “We need to go. Seulong want us back at the house.” Taecyeon said to me.

            I nodded my head, “Mom, I going.” I said to her.

            My mom nodded her head as she continued to add soil into the pot. We walked into his car and he drove to his house. After exciting the car, we walked into his house and walked to the living room. We saw everybody looking at us. I looked to the person beside Wooyoung and smiled. I walked over to Taeyeon and sat beside her; Taecyeon joined me shortly.

            “Have you seen their house? It’s beautiful.” Taeyeon whispered excitedly.

            I smiled and nodded my head, “I know.” I whispered to her.

            Taeyeon pouted and slap my shoulder. “How could you not tell me about this?” She complained quietly.

            “I wanted to tell you but I kept forgetting and problems keep appearing.” I said.

            “Okay, I called all of you here because there are thing Taeyeon need to know and I heard you kids will be on a field trip soon.” Said Seulong.

            “To Phuket.” Wooyoung happily said.

            “I see. Nichkhun hometown.” Said Yuri.

            “I was born in Bangkok.” Nichkhun said with a serious tone.

            “Phuket and Bangkok are both in Thailand.” Said Yuri.

            “Anyway, I think it’s a good way to avoid the Mandate Coven for a movement. During your absent, Fei, Yuri, and I will keep watch on your mom. I will ask Changmin (2AM) to help me watch over your mom also.” Said Seulong.

            “Thank you.” I said.

            Seulong looked over at Taeyeon, “I asked you to come here because there is a chance that your family might be in danger. Yoona had been discovered by the Mandate Coven and so we think that you could possibility be in their eyes. For your safety, Wooyoung voluntary to watch and protect you.” Seulong explained to her.

            “What is this for? Who is the Man—Mandate Coven?” Taeyeon asked confusedly.

            “Mandate Coven is the leaders of all vampire. Every one of us has to follow their rules but apparently they have mistaken that we revealed our identities to you girls. The truth is you two discovered about us on your own. So now we wait for the Mandate arrival to explain to them. In the mean time, enjoy your time in Phuket.” Seulong smiled pleasantly at everybody.

            Taeyeon and I smile to each other.

            “Taecyeon and Wooyoung, come with me for a moment.” Said Seulong. Taecyeon and Wooyoung got up and followed Seulong out of the living.

            “Fei and Kahi, can you two come help with the plants?” Yuri asked nicely.

            The ladies nod. Kahi smiled at Nichkhun before she stood and walked with Fei and Yuri out of the living room. That leave Taeyeon and I left in the room with Nichkhun. He turn on the TV and Running Man appeared.

            “So is why Wooyoung was with me all day.” Said Taeyeon disappointedly.

            I wrapped my arms around her shoulder, “He actually has feeling for you. You should have seen his face when we say you might be in danger. His face was even more pale than now.” I had to exaggerate so she wing face and rush to you if he doesn’t like you.” I . “Maybe one day, he will confess to you.”

            Taeyeon continued to blush. She took a glance at Nichkhun and saw the serious face on him.

            “Jae Suk is funny but why isn’t he laughing or smiling at all.”

            Both of us looked at him, waiting for him to smile. I seriously don’t get how a man will not smiled to this funny show. Nichkhun turn his head and looked at us confusedly.

            “Is there something wrong?” Nichkhun asked.

            We both shook our head immediately. “How can you still be so serious even to the funny Yoo Jae Suk?” I asked him.

            “Even Kwangsoo are funny, but he’s not laughing at all.” Taeyeon added in.

            “I’m not serious. This is just how I am.” Said Nichkhun calmly.

            “We know that already.” Said Taeyeon.

            Nichkhun looked down for a second before he speak. “I actually don’t want to be like this but I can’t stop thinking about my past life.” He said. Taeyeon and I became curious as we sat and listened to his past life story. “Before I met Kahi and the Ally Coven, I lived a life similar to Taecyeon. But mine is slightly different, I didn’t go back to my family like him because I knew I would regret, feel guilty, and irresistibly wanting to appeared in front of them and embraced them. I had two sisters and an older brother. He and I along with one other man, we called “brother”, was the warriors of Siamese Kingdom. He was the first attack, I was general for the second attack, and my brother was the third attack. We all fought endlessly for our country, but I never knew we would be betrayed by what we called “brother”. During my attack, he ambushed me. Flanking me from the side, and pushing the army away from the enemy. I didn’t understand why, I was just lost by his action, but I soon knew the reason why. For money and status, he willingly sold our plan to the enemy and left me behind. The deep long scar from my chest to my abdomen was from him. Seulong discovered me two days later lying on the battlefield waiting for my death. He turned me into one of him. I was angry and fought fiercely against his venom but I failed. I came back to my family and wanting to tell them that I’m alive but Seulong stopped me. We watched my family walking down the road with a coffin and my name on it. I saw my sisters’ tears and my brother, who held onto my sword tightly. I was grateful that he avenged me. I was happy that he didn’t forget me but it’s so painful that I could not stayed by my family side. It was painful, so painful that I tried committing suicides so many time.” Nichkhun chuckled hopelessly, “I forgot that fact that I was already dead and immortal, frozen in this age forever…. So I left my home and join his family. I told Seulong and Fei that we never come to Thailand ever again. Since then I changed. I became lonely, cold, and never care about anything or anyone feeling until I met Kahi.”

            “I heard it from Taecyeon, he said you embraced her the first time you met her.” I interrupted him.

            “I did. That night, Taecyeon and I were on the watched. He and I walked along the road of Seoul, keeping our eyes out for the enemy. By enemy we meant werewolves.” He said as he looked at me. At the moment Minho appeared in my head. No wonder he disliked them so much. They have been enemy for centuries. “Upon hearing a cried, not normal, it was fierce and terrified that it took my emotion away. He and I ran to the valley. There I saw her lying on the cold road, fighting the venom as she cuddled herself tightly. I knew new a vampire had fed on her. I was angry, so angry that I wanted to rip his head and tore him apart. But her tears stopped me from that anger. I ran up to her, looked at her, and hold her up into my arms. I embraced her tightly as I felt her warm body slowly turn cold. The tears she shed against my chest” He placed his hand on his left chest. “I felt the same pain she was in. I felt alive, so alive that I couldn’t let her go. For the first time, I felt hurt and frighten to the woman I barely know, lying restlessly and terribly in my arms. That night, I stayed by her side and embraced her tightly even after the turning process was over. I don’t know what happen but all I know was to never let her suffer…cry… and hurt again.” He places his hand down from his chest. “She changes me completely. I had never seen a person so cheerful, beautiful, and bright in my life. I felt happier, calmer, and less painful. But I eventually developed jealousy of Taecyeon. Taecyeon and I never like each other. We would always have this stare down, fight, and maybe argue. I hate the fact that he always leaved, is arrogant, stubborn, and most important when I knew Seulong and Fei wanted him to partner up with Kahi. I grew jealous and angry at him for over a hundred year. I was clumsy enough not to know that Kahi had rejected the offered and yet I still didn’t picked up the courage to tell her how I felt. At the same, Taecyeon and I slowly became closer like family, like brothers. ” Nichkhun smiled warmly as he looked up the ceiling. “I should thanked Yuri for the misunderstanding, if Kahi did not entered the room and misunderstood me and Yuri were having a relationship then ran away. I never be able to pick up the courage to chase after her and confessed to her. I would not be able to tell her how I felt and wanted her to be the one for me.” His warmed smiled flash in our eyes as we sat still, enviously and patiently listened to him. “She was also the reason that gave me the courage to go back to my hometown and paid a visited to my deceased family. That visit was also the first time since I became a vampire. She was able to break that wall that stopped me for years and face them… She was and will always be the greatest thing that has happens in my life. I will protect her to the very end. One thing that still bothers me is why did she reject my proposal. I proposed to her three time and finally got accept the forth time. I have asked her numerous of time but she never tells me. ”

            Taeyeon enviously held her hands together as she looked at him, “Wow that is such a romantic story. No wonder you and her are so close, by the meaning of that, always arms around each other and held each other closely.” She said.

            “It’s probably something meaningful to her or properly she doesn’t want it to interfere with yours and her love.” I guessed. I knew it was lame but I still want to make a guess.

            “It’s properly because she know she can’t have a child.” Said Taeyeon.

            Nichkhun lightly smiles. “Having a child or not, it's not really important to me as long as I get to spend my life with her. All I want is to protect and love her.”

            Taeyeon covered in shocked. “Oh my god, he smiles!” said Taeyeon. I sighed hopelessly and patted her back.

            Kahi walked up into the living room with a smiled, “What are you three talking about?” She asked.

            Nichkhun reached out for her left hand and pulled her down next to him. “Finished already?” He asked her. Kahi nods. “Just a little story. My little story.”

            “And what story is that?” Kahi asked as she sweetly looked into his eyes.

            “My life before becoming a vampire and our meet.” Nichkhun voice was tender and soft as Kahi looked at him with her loving eyes.

            “Is it good or bad?” Kahi asked him with smiles.

            Nichkhun smiled as he rest back against the couch with his right arm around her. Kahi playfully hit his chest before she looked at Taeyeon and I.

            “Are you girls hungry?” She asked us.

            I shook my head no while Taeyeon nod her. “But I’ll make mine own.” She said.

            “Okay, Fei and Yuri just bought food and it’s in the fridge. If you need anything else just let anyone of us know.” Kahi said. She glanced at Nichkhun, “Except him. His is very bad at grocery.” He slightly pouted at her.

            Taeyeon grabbed my hand and dragged me along with her, leaving Nichkhun and Kahi alone in the living room.          

            Nichkhun sat up and wrapped his arms around her, “I’m not bad. I can do grocery.” He said.

            Kahi looked at him, “I’m pretty sure you can’t.” She said confidently.

            “Okay, I can’t.” Nichkhun admitted. “But in my defense I can do other thing better.”

            “And what is that?”

            “That is….” Nichkhun smiled and carried her body onto his lap, on top of his hard member for her. He captured her lips softly and tenderly as he his hands up and down her back. Kahi smiled and s her arms around his neck, seducing him with her y hot kiss as she grind his rod in between her thighs. She slides her left hand down to the bottom of his shirt. She smirked as she kisses him. Kahi s her hands in his shirt, feeling his tone abs. Nichkhun insert his tongue into ; exploring and tasting her sweet mouth as her sweet lavender sense entice him. She moans in his mouth softly. He snakes his hand under her top and slowly roams his hands up her soft bare skin. Nichkhun trailed his kisses down to her chin and then her neck. Kahi grabbed his hands and stopped him before he could go any farther. She pecked his lips before she moved back and looked into his eyes with smiled.

            “Yeah, I’m better at it than you. We can’t anyway. This time we definitely can’t.” Said Kahi sweetly. “Though Taecyeon is staying with Yoona tonight at her home and Wooyoung at Taeyeon, we still have to keep our cautious out for the Mandate Coven. Tonight is our shift.” Nichkhun closed his eyes and rest back against the couch. Kahi smiled and peck his cheek. “Come on, we need to go check around our area.” She grabbed his left hand and yanked him up to his feet. Nichkhun happily went with her.

            In the kitchen, Taeyeon and Yoona made sandwich at the kitchen counter.

            “I’m curious about Wooyoung past life.” Said Taeyeon as applied the slice ham on sandwich.

            “Go asked him.” I said.

            “Wouldn’t that be weird if I directly asked him about his past and how many women he had been with?” said Taeyeon.

            I shook my head with smiled. “I asked Taecyeon about his past before. And women he had been with. He told me everything.” I said.

            “Really?” Her voice was astounded, “But you’re not me. I’m shy with guys.”

            “Okay, the trip tomorrow you ask him. That is your mission.” I commanded her.

            “What if I can’t do it? What if he won’t tell me?” I can tell she was nervous as she looked at me.  

            I sighed, “Just give it a try. For sure he will tell you.” I said.

            Taeyeon nervously smiled before she took a bite of the sandwich she made.

            The next morning, I packed my clothes in my bag. Taecyeon stood smiling at me before he walked up to me and peck my lips. Then he jumped out of the window and I walked down the stairs happily.

            “Mom, I’m leaving. I’ll see you in three days.” I said to her.

            She quickly rush to me and grabbed my right hand, she placed cash in my hand. “It’s not much but I think this should do it for at least two days.” She said to me.

            “Mom, I don’t think I need money. Everything is paid by the professor.” I said to her.

            “Well, just in case you decided to sneak out at night and have some fun at a festival or carnival.” She said.

            I sighed and gave her hers’ money back. “I don’t need. I also have money.” Yeah right, I only have about 15,000 KRW in my purse. That will only help me last for one day. “I have to go or else I’ll missed my flight.” I rushed out the door before she shoved the money in my hand again. I closed the door behind me and exhale deeply.

            “You look like you just got busted for doing something bad.” He said as he walked up to me.

            I pouted and threw him my bag. “I didn’t.” I said. “If you continued to laugh, I will ignore you for the rest of the trip.”

            “Okay I won’t.” He said as he opened the door for me.

            I entered his car and watched him through the rear mirror. I see him put my bag in his trunk before he get into his car and drove to the school. I see everybody standing in front of the school. We parked next to Nichkhun’s car. He walked over to my side and opened the door for me; we walked up to the group.

            “Where is the professor?” I asked.

            “In the office.” Wooyoung answered.

            “Really! I haven’t given him my form yet.” I said.

            “We gave it to him for you already.” Said Kahi.

            “H—how?” I stuttered confusedly. I looked at the smiling Taecyeon.

            “I took the form from you purse and gave it to them with mine.” He said.

            The professor came back with a sad face. She sighed hopelessly before she looked at us. “I have a bad new for you all. Apparently our trip is approved but we have no where to stay for the nights.” Said the professor.

            “What? Where are we going to sleep? Out in the street?” said a female student.

            “I was all hyped up for this trip but now I don’t feel like going anymore.” Said the male student.

            “Why did they even approve the trip but did not get us a place to stayed for the nights?” A female student asked.

            “I don’t want to go anymore. I don’t want to sleep outside on the street.” Said another female student.

            “I have a place.” Said Nichkhun. Everybody looked at him. “It’s a friend of mine. He has a hotel and I can rents the room for everybody.” He lied to everybody.

            “What about the bills?” the professor asked.

            “We’ll take care of it.” Said Taecyeon.

            “No worries.” Said Wooyoung.

            I looked at them confusedly.

            “Alright then, everybody into the bus.” Said the professor happily.

            All the students get into the bus happily and in pairs. I looked around for Minho and his friend but they were nowhere seen. A firm gripped, I looked up at him and smiled.

            “We’ll take our cars.” Nichkhun suggested.

            “It’s probably to crowded. We’ll just take our car.” Said Wooyoung.

            “Um okay. Yoona and Taeyeon…” The professor uttered.

            “They’ll be going with us.” Said Wooyoung. He held Taeyeon hand tightly. 

            “Umm okay then, I’ll see you all at Incheon airport.” Said the professor before she got on the bus.

            “Why are we going separate from them?” Taeyeon asked.

            “It just for safety.” Wooyoung answered her. “We should go.” Wooyoung reached for Taeyeon left hand and pulled her to his car.

            I smiled as I watched her. All three cars then followed behind the bus for a moment before they decided to take a short and faster route to the airport. In his car I kept thinking why didn’t we take the bus. It would have been more fun and help him make friends, but no he insist taking the car.

            “Though we have self-control, we still have to be careful.” He said to me.

            “I see you’re doing fine with me.” I said.

            He smiled, “It’s because you are different. You’re the special and important one to me.” He said.

            “It better be true.”

            He held my left hand up and pecked my hand lightly. A short moment later, we arrived and parked the car at the airport V.I.P garage before we head up to the check-in station and meet up with others. Soon the bus arrived and student began walking down the little stairs.

            “Hey give me your ID.” Said Nichkhun to Taecyeon and Wooyoung.

            “Yoona, I need your ID.” Said Taecyeon.

            “Taeyeon, your ID please.” Said Wooyoung.

            Both of us handed our ID to them and then passed on to Nichkhun. Nichkhun and Kahi walked up to the check-in station. The rest of the students and professor walked up to the check-in station one by one. Nichkhun and Kahi walked back with tickets in their hand.

            “Here you go.” Said Kahi as she handed Taeyeon and I the ticket.

            Nichkhun gave the guys theirs. In 40 minutes, we all boarded on the plane. I sat beside Taecyeon. Nichkhun and Kahi in front of us. Wooyoung and Taeyeon behind us. The plane flew, Nichkhun and Kahi chatted happily in the front while Wooyoung and Taeyeon goofed around in the back. I kept quiet and waited for Taeyeon to finished the mission I gave to her, but it seem like she’s not doing it.

            “You should rest.” Said Taecyeon. “It going to be a long flight, so you should rest.” He voiced was very caring and sweet.

            Taecyeon took a blanket under my seat and peel the plastic sheet off. He tug it plastic sheet under his seat and wrapped the blanket around me. I smiled warmly and rest my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and pecked my head softly.

            “Sweet dream.” He whispered to me.

To be continue………………………………..