Chapter Thirty three: Chansung, I'm begging you.

The Beginning Of Eternity

            At the field where I witness Taecyeon and his family crystalized in a cold cloudy day under the moon during the day. It was the most unforgettable day of my life. Now, we stand on this field for another purpose; to train, to be strong, and to fight. Looking to my left, I see Nichkhun hand in hand with Kahi and same goes to Wooyoung and Taeyeon. Today, we all dress up comfortable and flexible. Taecyeon and I were dark colors clothes. Wooyoung and Taeyeon along with half of the group were something lights. Seulong and Fei with The Wonder Coven were white tops and black pants. Nichkhun and Kahi are in dark heather grey top with classic rinse jeans. It seems like most couple here on the field dress in couple outfit, giving a warm sensation. We gather around Seulong and Fei, all eyes and ears on him. A short moment later, the sound of wolves’ growls echoes in our ears. We turn our head around and see the packs just about 25 feet away from us.

            “Okay. Before we start, I want to let you all know that we are all here to practice, not kill.” Seulong words are definitely aiming at Taecyeon and Nichkhun, who are easy to lose their temper and control.

            I turn my head and look up at him. I flash a give smile at him. “It’s not funny.” Taecyeon whispered to me. 

            “It’s true.” I said.

            Taecyeon annoying cocked his head to the side. I slap his chest lightly, getting his attention back to me. “I was just kidding.” Softly spoke.

            “The rule is, first hit you are out. Two will go at a time. The winner stay, the loser retreat.” Seulong continues. We all nodded. “First up, Changmin against Jun.K.”

            The two of them take a step, and immediately, they were at the center of the field. Taecyeon let go of my hand and wrap his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I feel his lip touch my forehead; it cold yet soft and tender like cotton candy. I smiles as we watch other train and train. One at a time, one of us was call to the center of the field to fight against the winner. My name have been called, I walks to the center of the field, facing Yenny. I nervously look at her as I crumble my hands into a ball. Counting backward in three seconds, Yenny makes the first attack—dashing like lightening then reach her claws out for a grip. I leap into the sky, spinning a couple times and landed behind her. It shocks how I react, as I knew she was going to tackle me like a football players. When I turn around, I bend backward like matrix ducking her flexible fast speed kicks. My right legs flew up at her chin, sending her flying back away.

            “Oh!” The guys clap while Seulong, Taecyeon, and Nichkhun just smiles.

            “Someone is gifted.” Said Yubin.  

            Seulong turn his head to Fei, “You are up honey.”

            Fei gladly smiles and walks to the center of the field. Standing face to face with me.

            “You are gifted my darling.” Fei praised her.

            I nervously, “It’s just instinct.” I said.

            Fei shook her head, “I don’t think so, let me show you.” Behind the warm smiles comes a whirlwind behind her. It swirls into a gigantic tornado.

            I tensely and unconfidently look at her. In a flash, she moves her hands back and push it forward with full force. I close my eyes, ready to be hit, but somehow, I reflect by holding my palms up, I feel nothing. Open my eyes, I sees a light white-silver shield form in a circle shape in front of me.

            “Yoona.” Taecyeon whispered in shock.

            I turn my head to him without lowering my palms. The shock on his face puzzles me. Fei give a little more push on her air bending, I look down and sees myself sliding back slowly and my arms slowly withdrawing.

            “Push it!” Taecyeon instruct me. “Push Forward Yoona!”

            I listen to him and step forward. I feel different, the force inside of me; its growing. I move my arms forward, exceling all my force in me; the shield becomes bigger.  I close my eyes and give one last push “Urg ah!”, pushing the shield forward and sending Fei flying in the air. With her arms spread wide, upper body curve back, in a figure of a mermaid jumping our of the ocean into air, she flies back peacefully knowing someone special will come catch her.

            Seulong sprint to her—jump into the air and catches her. Fei lovely wraps her arms around his neck and sweetly smiles to him. “I’ll always catch you.” He whispered.

            “I know you will.” Fei voices were soft and gentle as her eyes dazzles with sparkles as she looks into his.

            “Can you two cut it off? We know you two are marry, don’t need to show it.” Said Yubin irritatedly. “There are still singles here.”

            Seulong ignore Yubin and put Fei down carefully on her feet. I rush to her, frightenly and worriedly look at her. “I’m—I’m sorry.” I apologized.

            “It’s okay.” Fei cup the side of my face and softly rub her thumb against my cheek. “Now do you trust me?” She asked.

            I nodded my head.

            “A family full of gifts.” Said Changmin as he claps his hand and walks up to us with the rest.

            “You were awesome Yoona.” Wooyoung and Taeyeon praised me.

            I shyly blush. Taecyeon wraps his arms around me and peck my head. “You are gifted like the rest of the family.” He said.

            “What kind of gifts?” I curiously asked.

            “Tactical telepathy or reversal and Force-Field.” Sunye answered.

            “Force Field is very rare among vampires.” Said Jia.

            “True. You’re power can overpower Taecyeon anytime.” Yubin said.

            “She still overpower me everyday without using her powers.” Taecyeon corrected her.  I playfully slap his chest.

            “Alright, next up are Taecyeon and Nichkhun. Everybody else back on the sideline.” Said Seulong.

            It was his turn to train; I went back to the sideline with the rest and stand-alone. A short moment, I hear the sound of grass crushed to the ground. It was getting closer, it has a strong smell, but also a warm feeling I have felt before. Minho, in his wolf form, stop and stood beside me. He fur brushes against my arms, it’s soft—very soft.

            I take a step closer to him and warmly smiles as I hear the sound of a heart beating again, the sound of a living species beating. “Minho, can you do me a favor?” I whispered to him. 

            “What is it?” Minho uses his telepathic to communicate with me.

            “Take my daughter away once you have her. Don’t stop and come back. Just keep running. Keep her safe. Protect for me.”

            Minho turns his wolf head to me, looking at me with his big eyes.

            “Can you do that for me?” I plead.

            “I’m not going to let anything happen to you and Claudia.”

            “You can’t protect us both. You will not be in the fight.”

            “Nothing will happen to you. I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” He cut me off.

            “I’m sorry I can’t return your love.” My voice becomes guilty as I rest my head on his neck.

            A silent between us as the training continues. I know it hurts him, but I have to apologize somehow. I may not be able to return his love, but other will and I do hope the person will exist in his life soon.

            “Minho, Taecyeon and I might not make it through….”

            “Fine.” Once again, he cut me off by agreeing to my favor. “I’ll do it. I’ll hide her. I’ll keep her safe.”

            “Thank you.” A tear escaped my left eye as I look him.

            Suddenly, a sharp arrow travels at a very fast speed at Taecyeon and Nichkhun. It surprises all of us. Taecyeon duck one of Nichkhun element bending—turn around—and push the arrow aside with his telekinesis. Turning our head to the left, we see the arrow stick to a tree. A note was attached to the arrow. Seulong sprint to the tree, pull the arrow out and unwrapped the little rope tying onto the note. Throwing the arrow aside, he unfolds the note and read it. All of us dash to him. His head rise and eyes to Nichkhun. 

            “What is it?” Wooyoung asked.

            “It’s a message from the Mandate Coven.” Seulong answered.

            “Seriously, this is the 21st century.  We use phone now to send message.” Said Min jokingly.

            “They’re still here.” Said Changmin. He and Jinwoon snatch a quick look around the place.

            “What do they want?” Fei asked.

            “They want Nichkhun. Hyori summon Nichkhun to a mission.” Seulong voices trembles.

            “Its not a mission.” Said Jun.K. “It’s more like calling him to death.”

            “It more likes separating us one at a time apart.” Said Jokwon.

            “If he do not replies within today, not only will he be taken to the laws and receives his punishment, but your family with be serve righteous under the Coven laws.” Said Seulong.

            Taecyeon took the note from Seulong and read it to himself. I watch him, waiting for him to tell me if it is true or not. From those eyes, it says it all.

            “Who has the strength to shoot an arrow at a unstoppable speed?” James curiously asked.

            “Chansung.” Taecyeon confidently answered. “He was a hunter like me. He shooting skill was better than me by a mile.”

            “They are forcing to go then?” Taeyeon asked.    

            “That means Hyori is here with him.” Said Junho.  

            “No.” Kahi in denial wraps her arms tightly around his right arm. “Even if he go, he won’t make it back.” Kahi prove her points. Hyori hated us and wishes vanquish every one of us here. There is no possible way at this time she would order him to a mission.

            “So what we do? Does he have to go or stay?” Said Min.

            “I’m going.” Nichkhun speak. Kahi turn her head to him, eyes feels with worriedness and fears. “I have to… for you and the family.” He said as he cup the side of her face. Kahi shook her head.

            “No, you are staying.” Said Seulong.

            “Seulong….”

            “We need you right now.” Seulong cut him off. “Taecyeon and Yoona need you to be with us.”

            Nichkhun paused as he looks into Kahi desperate pleading eyes. “Please….” She whispered. Nichkhun weakly nodded his head, Kahi smiles in relief.

            “We should go home and get ready. War is about to start.” Said Sunye calmly.

            Having to hear that, I knew the war will be in less than 24 hours. Everybody begin to head back to the house. I stay behind, wanting some times alone as I think of Claudia, my daughter who I spend a day with.

            “Yoona.” Taecyeon whispered my name. He resting his index finger at my chin and lift my head up, our eyes meet. “Is everything okay?” He asked.

            I shook my head as I weakly smiles to him. “For second, I thought this note was for you.”

            He smiles lightly, “It wasn’t.” He said in a soft tone. “You talk to Minho?”

            I nod. “Its for…”

            “You don’t have to explain. I heard.” He calmly said as he body turn to face her completely. He cups her face and smiles warmly. 

            “You eavesdrop on me during your turn?”

            He chuckles lightly, “I’ve eavesdrops on you since we met. It has become a habit.” I let out a light smile as I look down at his chest. “Yoona…” He called my name softly. I look up at him again. “You should go with Minho and Claudia.” He pleaded.  

            I shook my head, declining his words. “No. I’m staying with you. If you love me, please don’t talk me out of this.”  

            He smiles, “Well, I just wanted to give it another shot and see if I can change your mind, but it looks like there’s nothing that will change your mind.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. “I won’t ask you anymore.”

            From resting at his chest, I move my arms up and wrap it around his neck. He lowers his head and locks his lips on mine, soft and tenderly.

            Minho, who is still nearby, see them happily kissing. He turns his head around and walks away. “I promise you I’ll keep Claudia save, no matter what.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            The day has come. We stand on the Taebaeksan Mountain along with our friends and families after Kahi have visual were the fight will take place. Looking around and waiting for them to arrive, I hear branches cracks. I turn around and see Minho in his human form walking up with the rest of Dangun Tribe in their wolf form. I smiles gratefully to him and the tribe.

            He stops and stood beside me, opposite from Taecyeon. “We are ready to fight along with you.” He softly said.

            I nod my head lightly. Taecyeon held my hand, a sign to tell me the Mandate Coven are here. Looking ahead of me, on the other side the field, I see a lot of black coats stomping the ground as they walk towards us. Looking pass Hyori, I see my daughter in Chansung arms. My body aches forward, but Taecyeon held me back. I turn my head to him, giving him my eager eyes to save Claudia. He shook his head lightly, “No.”

            They come to a stop, standing approximately 200 feet away from us. They take off their hoodie one at a time, revealing the face to us. Among the army, I see Hyori taking a few steps forward and smiles seductively at us with her arms spread apart. Suddenly, the snows fall from the sky.

            “Hello to children.” Hyori spoke in a motherly yet harsh tone. “It seem like there is a rebellion before me.”

           
            Seulong step forwards and speaks, “My lady, there is no rebellion. We are only here for a reason to retrieve Claudia.” He loudly said.

            “Retrieve?” Hyori said. She turns her head and looks at Chansung. He walks up to her, standing beside her. “You mean to get rid of the baby, right?”

            Taecyeon crumble his other hand into a ball as he furiously glares at Hyori.

            “My lady, please do not make this any harder for us.” Said Seulong. “Claudia is innocent. She is different.” He tries to persuade her.

            “I see no different in this child than those that have been burned to ashes.” Said Hyori in a displeasing tone.

            “She is born, not bitten.” Said Seulong. “She has a heart. She has blood running in her. Those that have been burned were bitten.”

            “Enough!” She exclaimed. “I’m heard enough lies from you and your family.” Her eyes become furious red as she glares at him and the rest. “You and your family have broken many rules. There is no words will undo what I have mind for you and the rest of your people.”

            With that being said, I knew what ever we try; she will not change her mind. She must eliminate us because in her eyes, we are a dangerous threat. I see her reach her right deadly grip slowly over to Claudia, my body trembles in fear.

            “Chansung please, I’m begging you.” Taecyeon communicates with him through his mind. “She is your niece. Look at her. She has our mother eyes. She carries the Ok family bloodline, our parent bloodline. Claudia is your family. Don’t do this…please Chansung.”

 

To be continue………………..