Chapter seventeen: Announcement

The Beginning Of Eternity

 

            The next day we were back in Seoul. Taecyeon dropped me off at my mom shop before he drove home. My mom greeted me with a tight embrace.

            “How was Phuket?” she asked me.

            “It was great mom.” I answered her. “I have something I want to tell you.” She moved back and looked at me. I took a deep breath. “I’m going to marry Taecyeon.” drop as her face went blank shock. “We’re going to get marry in two weeks and I hope you can be there for me, walk me down the aisle.”

            “You and him only had been together for 4 months.” My mom said to me. I was surprised that she kept track of days I’ve dated Taecyeon. “Don’t you think this is too fast? You are still young and in school.”

            “I know, but what I also know that I can’t live without him.” I said to her.

            “Yoona, you have to think carefully. Marriage is not a joke, it’s a life-time commitment.” She grabbed onto my arms.

            “I’m serious. I know what I’m doing. I know for sure I want to marry him.” I assured her with my serious looked.

            “Give me some time to think.” She let go of my arms. She walked into the back room.

            I sighed hopelessly. I spent my whole day at the shop in silent and awkward. No talking or eyes contact between my mom and I.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            After Taecyeon dropped Yoona off at her mom shop, he drove back home, expecting Seulong and Fei waiting for him in the living room. He parked his car in the driveway and walk to the living room. With everybody present, seating, and waiting in the room, Taecyeon took a seat in front of the TV.

            “You and Yoona have…?” Fei asked. Taecyeon nodded.

            “That’s against the rule, Taecyeon. If the coven know about this, you and her will be in great danger.” Seulong raised his voice. “Bonding with a human is against the law.”

            “It’s like sire bond.” Said Wooyoung, “But just without the sire. I don’t really get why bonding with a human is such big deal.”

            Fei looked at Wooyoung before speaking, “The number one laws of the Mandate are that no vampire are permit to bond with a human because they may not be a vampire but they can produce….”

            “Hybrid baby.” Kahi complete Fei sentences. “They live as along as their partner live.”

            “Is that even possible?” Nichkhun asked. “Hybrid baby? Vampire can’t reproduce.”

            “I’m not sure.” Said Fei, “There was a case, but once it was discovered by the Mandate, they quickly eliminate the hybrid before it was full grown.”

            “Wh—what?” Wooyoung was surprised by Fei answer. “Why?”

            “It was long ago when Hyori testified vampire with a human. It is true that we can’t reproduce, but human can. She forced a male vampire and a female human, not bond, but . A couple months later, the baby was born. Hyori let it live and grow to adulthood.” Seulong intertwined his fingers, “When the “new” species grew within 7 years, it became powerful and uncontrolled. Its’ power was much stronger that we are. Its’ has no fear of fire, thirst, and the sun. It was invincible. So powerful the vampires were on debate for a new ruler. Hyori position was slowly drifting away from her. She ordered the Jung twins, Yunho and Changmin, to eliminate the hybrid.”

            “They won’t know about this.” Taecyeon confirmedly said.  

            “They will.” Said Seulong, his eyes are filled with fears. “Remember last time after the game, they sent the guards to keep an eye on us.”

            “Even if they do know, I still want to marry her.” Taecyeon insisted. “You and Nichkhun have found your mates.”

            “Fei and Kahi were turn before mating.” Said Seulong.

            “Then we can turn her.” Said Taecyeon.

            “That’s impossible, we only turn people under the consent of the coven. And each coven can only have limit among of member depending on the Mandate choice.” Said Yuri. “But Yoona, is already seen by the Mandate, if we leave her aside then they will drain her blood and tore her apart.”

            “The Mandate coven will think that we are making an army and rebel against them.” Said Seulong.  

            “We are not.” Said Taecyeon.

            “She will become one of us.” Kahi statement surprises the family. They looks at her, “I’ve seen it. She will become one of us, it just that I don’t know when.”

            “Seulong, I know this is dangerous, but I’ve never ask any thing from you except today… tonight. This time please let me make my own decision. I really need your support. If the mandate coven comes looking for us, I’ll take all the responsibility.” Said Taecyeon, “ I’ve been lonely for centuries. I have finally found the person worth living for. I have found my mate.” He pleaded. “Please Seulong.”

            “Seulong took a moment to think before he looks at Taecyeon again, “You’re my son.” Seulong gave in, “You found your mate, I will do what ever possibility I can to protect every one in this family and our new member.”

            “Since the first time Yoona enter this family, I’ve see her as a daughter, a part of this family.” Said Fei. “We are one, no body get left behind.”

            Taecyeon kneel on his knees and bow to Seulong and Fei. “Thank you.” He said.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            Walking out of the shower, I sat at my desk, drying my hair with a towel. I heard the window in my room pop opened. I startle and looked at the window. I see him crawling into my room. I stand up and watched him walked to me.

            “There’s a door, you know.” I smiled I pointed to the door behind me.

            “I know but entering by the window is much more fun.” He wrapped his arms around me. “It have become a habit since the first day I watched you sleep.” I giggled. “You told your mom?” He asked. I nod.

            “Did you tell Seulong and Fei?” I asked him.

            “I did. They were taken by surprised and kept questioning me about it.” He said.

            “What did you say to them?” I looked into his eyes, checking to see if he is lying or not. “I told them that I want to marry you.”

            “Did they say anything else?” I asked.

            “The consequences if the Mandate knows about this. But they also told me that they support us and will stand by my side.” He said to me. “What did your mom say about our upcoming wedding?”

            “She needs times to think about it.” I sighed hopelessly.

            “I’ll come by the shop with you after school tomorrow.” He said to me. I nodded happily.

            “Go to sleep.” He whispered. “I think Kahi have a lot of things to say to you tomorrow.”

            “Really?” I asked. He nodded pleasantly. “ I thought about her and Taeyeon to be my bridesmaid and wedding planner.” I said.

            He just smiled and held my left hand; he walked me to my bed and tugged me warmly under the blanket. I closed my eyes and he pecked my forehead.

            The next day, I worked up and immediately dressed up. Walking down the stairs to the kitchen room, I don’t see my mom at the sink like she usually do. Could it be that she avoiding me? It seem like she does like the ideas of me getting married earlier at all. I wanted to tell my dad but at the same time I don’t want too.  I sighed and exit my house. Taecyeon stood by his car waiting for me. He opened the door for me. Driving to school, I embraced myself ready to announcement my wedding to a few of my friend including Minho. Somehow I visualize a fight scene between him and Taecyeon in my head. The car stopped and I shook my head, waking myself up.  Taecyeon took an object and handed to me before we exit his car.

            “Your phone.” He said.

            I took it from his hand and check my phone. 8 missed called and 4 messages all from my mom. “She really misses me while we were in Phuket.” I said. I noticed my phone battery is full.

            “Yuri charged it for you.” said Taecyeon.

            I smiled. We exit his car and walked up to the IM family.

            “So the wedding is in two weeks?” Taeyeon asked.

            “Yeah, it was an agreement between me and him.” I glanced at Taecyeon. I turn my attention to Kahi, “Is it possible to have everything done in two weeks?” I asked.

            “Don’t worry, we’ll get it done.” Kahi assured me. “You and Taeyeon go pick out wedding dresses and show it to me. Everything else just leave it to me.” She confidently nodded.

            I gave her a hugged. “Thank you.” I said.

            “Can I help?” Wooyoung happily asked.

            “No!” Both Kahi and I said.

            Wooyoung pouted, Taeyeon smiled as she pinched his mando cheeks. “Aww, poor Wooyoung.” She like a baby, “This is girls things and I don’t think you would want to help once I explained everything to you.” She said.

            “I just want to know and learn. It could give me a head up for our wedding.” Said Wooyoung.

            Wooyoung words surprised and made Taeyeon shyly blushed. We all giggles at the clueless Wooyoung, who is trying to looked at Taeyeon red face.

            “Oh my god, I sense another wedding on the way.” Kahi teased.

            “Should we get marry again?” Nichkhun jokingly said as he looked at Kahi.

            Kahi slapped his arms playfully, “You wish.” She said.

            Nichkhun smiled and peck her left cheek. Taecyeon wrapped his left arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Wooyoung continued his clueless thoughts while Taeyeon blushed heavily like cherry. A moment later, we all walked to the building and head to our class. Seeing Minho, I felt frighten because he might attack Taecyeon once I tell him I’ll be marrying Taecyeon. I sighed before I pay attention to the professor again.

            Three long hours has passed. Taecyeon and I walked into the cafeteria. Looking from the editor’s table to the IM family, I smiled. But with the Minho and his friends, my smiled disappeared. Taecyeon firmly held my hand; I looked up and met his eyes.

            “I want to go tell them on my own.” Said Yoona.

            “Okay, I’ll wait for you at the table.” Said Taecyeon.

            I nodded and he walked away. I began with the editor’s table first. With all eyes on me, I stood and took a deep breath.

            “I’m going to get marry in two week and I hope you all can come.” I said.

            Suzy and Bora looked at me in shocked while Seungri and Daesung jaw dropped by my announcement.

            “What? To who?” Suzy asked.

            “To Taecyeon.” I answered.

            “What that fast. You and him only dated each other for four months.” Said Seungri.

            “I know, but during that four month I felt like I’d known him my whole life.” I said.

            “There must be another reason.” Daesung said.

            Bora and Suzy dragged me aside, “Did you do it with him? Are you pregnant with his baby?” Bora asked.

            “Marriage is not a joke, Yoona.” Said Suzy.

            I smiled shyly as I remembered our two night es at Phuket and his proposal. His words hit my heart so deep that I can’t stop thinking about him. Bora shook me, waking me up from my fantasy.

            I looked at her. “No.” I wished I were.

            “Are you sure?” Suzy asked. “Don’t lie to us.” She said.

            “I’m not.” I assured them with my answered.

            “Then why rush into marriage?” Bora asked.

            “Because I want to be with him.” I said. “No more question. I just want to let you know that the wedding will happen in two weeks. Kahi will tell you the time and location.” I walked away, over to Minho’s table.

            Jessica greeted me with a friendly smiled. Jonghyun just bowed his head to me.

            “I have something to tell you guys.” I said nervously. Taking a moment break, I began to talk again, “I will be marrying Taecyeon in two weeks and I hope all can come to my wedding.”

            “Marry? Already?” Jessica said. I nodded, “To….”

            “Taecyeon.” I finished it for her.

            Minho stood up and stormed out of the cafeteria angrily. I sadly looked down for a second. “Kahi will let you know the time and place. I would love it if you, Jonghyun, and Minho can come.”

            “I don’t think Minho will go.” Jonghyun said. He looked me, “Are you sure about this?”

            “I know what I want and I’m sure.” I confidently said.

            “We’ll be there.” Said Jessica happily.

            “Thank you.” I was slightly happy with Jessica answered and walked to Taecyeon table.

            “Done?” Taecyeon asked. I nodded, “We have one more.” He said.

            I gave him my confused face. “Who?” I couldn’t think of anyone else.

            “Your mom and dad.” He said. “A perfect wedding needs to have both consent from mom and dad blessing. I know your dad is in England, but it would be nice to let him know. For your mom, I want us to talk to her and have her blessing.” He is right. A perfect wedding need blessing from parent. I would have never thought of it, he is really old and traditional. “Come on, let go meet you mom.” He said. He held my hand and pulled me with him. We walked down to the hallway until Taecyeon stopped and turned around. I saw an angry Minho standing at the other end of the hall, glaring at Taecyeon as he gripped his fists tightly. Minho walked away, to the other exit that lead to the private school field. Taecyeon let go of my hand and followed him, but I stopped him.

            “Wait… what—where are you…” I stuffed with unfinished question in my mouth.

            “He wants to talk to me privately.” Said Taecyeon.

            I’m pretty sure there will be a fight between them besides talking. Since day one, I noticed the hatred between them. There is no way, Minho only want to talked to him, more like something else.

            “I want to come along.” I demand.

            “No, just go to my car and wait for me inside my car.” He said as he took out the keys.

            “No.” I quickly rejected, “I want to go with you.  I want to make sure there’s no fighting between you and him.”

            “Yoona…”

            I exhale deeply and raise my voices. “Ok Taecyeon, I’m going to be your wife soon. So you can’t leave me behind on anything. I say I want to go, I want to make sure that you two are not hurting each other, especially you.”

            Taecyeon satisfied by my words, he smiled.  “Yes my wife.” He held her hand and walked with me to the field.

            In the middle of the field, Minho stood waiting for us, well him to come. Entering the field, we walked up to him and stopped five feet away from him.

            Minho turned around; he first looked at me before he fixed his eyes on Taecyeon. “What did you do to her?” he asked. “What spell or magic did you put on her?” He voice was filled with anger.

            “Nonsense.” Said Taecyeon. “I put nothing on her.”

            “It doesn’t matter what you said now. I don’t believe you.” said Minho.

            “Minho stopped this nonsense. Can’t you just be friend with him?” I asked.

            “With him?” Minho hissed, “Maybe when I go to hell first.”

            Taecyeon glared at Minho.

            “Yoona, you shouldn’t marry him. You and him are two different world.” Said Minho.

            “I marry who I want too.” I said. “But you, you need to change. Your friends don’t have a problem with him and his family except you.”

            “Don’t change subject.” Minho not listened to her words. “You should wake up, okay? You’re in his illusion. He’s a vampire that can take your life away.” Minho pointed his index finger furiously at Taecyeon, “While you’re still human, you have to think wisely. Marrying him only mean death.” Minho said.

            “I will protect her.” Said Taecyeon fiercely.

            “Death or not, I know where I am and what I am doing. This is not an illusion.” I said.

            “Yoona.” Minho grabbed my hand and was about to speak until his expression change. “Your hand…they’re cold.” His stuttered in shocked. He looked at Taecyeon, “What did you do to her?” he asked. “Why is she cold!” I withdrew my hand. Minho gripped Taecyeon shirt. “What the did you do!” He exclaimed in anger. “You monster!”

            Minho pushed Taecyeon back and raised his fierce fist high in the air. Taecyeon stopped Minho fist with his power, lifting him up, and threw him in the air, sending him flying back away from him and I. Taecyeon looked at me, the next thing I knew I was flying twenty feet to the right, away from them. I landed safely on my feet and tried to run to Taecyeon but he surrounded with his dirt walls, nearly up to my chest. Minho charged fearsomely at Taecyeon, kicking and punching at him. Taecyeon dodges and fly back a couple feet before he tackles Minho into air and then pulled him down to the ground. Minho transform into a wolf, Taecyeon jump away.

            “This has nothing to do with you.” Said Taecyeon. “I don’t want to kill you.” He warned him. But Minho did not listen.

            Minho stubbornly tackled Taecyeon to the tree, opening his mouth and ready to bite Taecyeon head off. Taecyeon grabbed onto his mouth, stopping him from coming near his head. Minho scratched Taecyeon left arm with his sharp claws. Taecyeon clenched his teeth as he pushed Minho wolf head away.

            “STOP!”  I shouted at the top of my lung.

            Suddenly Minho was struck in the stomach with dirt, sending him flying away from Taecyeon. I looked to my left and see Nichkhun, Kahi, Taeyeon, and Wooyoung. Minho landed on his feet and was about to tackle Taecyeon again until Jonghyun step in between them. Nichkhun lower the dirt wall around me. I quickly ran over to Taecyeon. Grabbed onto his left arm, I felt his blood streaming down from his upper arm.

            “It doesn’t matter to us. She wishes to be one of them.” Said Jonghyun to Minho. “Treaty say only attack when they harm the unwilling ones. You have no right to interfere.  So if your dare to attack them again, I will take you off the pack. This is your final warning.” His words were harsh and fierce. Jonghyun and Minho glares at each other till Minho walked away.

            Jonghyun bowed his head to us before he walked away with Jessica, who waited for him at the exit. Everybody walked up to Taecyeon and I. Kahi took a looked at Taecyeon left arm, she move her hand above his deep long cuts. The bleeding stop and the mark heals in just second. Kahi walked back to Nichkhun with smiled.

            “I’m fine.” Taecyeon said to me.

            Though he told me he was fine, by my heart couldn’t calm down. My heart anxiously and frightenly beats as I held his left hand tightly even worse than the fight between him and his brother. Could it be that this is the effect of us bonding that night in the cave? Drawing us closer and more frighten to lose each other? Question appeared in my head over and over. I close my eyes tightly and erase all the questions. My eyes flew open when I felt his hand on my right cheek. I see his smiled.

            “Taecyeon, you got to stop being to light hearted.” Said Wooyoung. “You will end up in pieces if you continued to be soft to other.”

            Wooyoung frighten Yoona heart even more than she is already. Kahi and Taeyeon glared at him, signaling him to shut up.

            “You’re going to scare Yoona if you don’t stop talking without a brain.” Said Taeyeon.

            “Sorry.” Said Wooyoung.

            “Come on, let’s go meet your mom.” Said Taecyeon. I nodded lightly and walked with him to his car.

            “You didn’t really fight back against Minho.” I asked.

            “Is not that I don’t want too, but if I do I will be the one that killed him easily.” Said Taecyeon. “There are point where I can lose control of my power.”

            “Just stay alive for me.” I said.

            Taecyeon held my hand with one hand while he held the wheel with another.          Ten minutes later, we arrived and parked in front of the shop. Seeing my mom behind the counter desk, we entered the shop together.

            “Mom.” I called her.

            My mom looked at us and forcefully smiled. Taecyeon bowed ninety degree to her.

            “Hi Mrs. Im.” Taecyeon greeted my mom. “Sorry I could come yesterday and announce it with Yoona.”

            “No need to say more.” My mom stopped him.

            “Mrs. Im, please let me finish.” Taecyeon pleaded, “I’m not joking or playing around. I really want to marry your daughter. This may be fast and to you it could be just a childish decision but to me, it is my whole life decision. I may be nineteen years old, but everything I do, everything I say, I take full responsible.” He words were so well spoke that even I, myself believe and wanted to say yes. I looked at my mom and I could see that see is sincerely listening to him. “I love Yoona and I will love her till the very end. It will be great if you great to have your blessing and walk her down the aisle on the wedding day. A perfect wedding doesn’t happen if parent can give blessing, speech, and walked their daughter down the aisle to the man that will be her partner for the rest of her life.” He said. I was shocked and touched. For sure, he prepared this speech a day a head. “Will you hand her to me on the wedding day? I promise I will protect her, love her, and cherish her like a precious star. Please mother.” Taecyeon bowed ninety degree to my mom.

            Taken by surprised, I looked at my mom reaction. I can’t tell whether her smiled was fake or happy, so I waited for her to speak again. I held Taecyeon left hand, who is still bowing respectively. So I bowed with him, hoping that I could get a definite answer from her.

            “A mother wish is for their daughter to find their happiness through the love they are destine to. Seeing you finally found your other half, I can’t object. I have to give you my blessing. It seem like I can’t keep my daughter with me, its time to let you go and live your happiness.” Her voice was soft and happy. I stood up in shocked. He was able to get through her in just five minutes while it took me more than ten minutes but I still couldn’t get the answer I wanted from her. “I will be there, in your father place, and walk you down the aisle.” My mother said. Taecyeon happily stood straight. “Such well spoken man at this age.” She commented Taecyeon.

            “Thank you. Thank you for trusting me.” Said Taecyeon.

            My mom patted his right shoulder, “You better keep your promise.” She said.

            “I will mom.” Said Taecyeon happily.

            My mom turned her head to me, “Did you call your dad yet?” She asked.

            “I’m planning too call him after I talk to you first.” I said.

            “I’ll talk to him. He listens to me more.” My mom confidently said. “If you tell him, he will object with all his might.”

            I hugged her tightly, “Thank you mom.” I smiled happily.

            My mom held my left hand up and looked at the ring. “Very beautiful.” She commented. “I’m so happy for you.” She said.

 

 To be continue……………………..