90

Their Kingdom Panorama

 

/\_____/\
 
“So, you’re planning to leave me in the dust?” he asked glancing back toward Victoria’s office. “We’ll see about that.” 
 
Reaching for his phone he dialed a speed number. 
 
“Uh, it’s me,” he said, “that Lee Donghae, track him down.”
 
/\_____/\
 
Returning home that night Donghae found his way to the pool side and sat down on the empty bench nearby. The brief moment he’d had with Cho Kyuhyun’s mother still confused him. What did she mean by take Victoria away? Did she mean to tell him that she’d let him take Victoria from Kyuhyun? Was it real or was he dreaming? 
 
Taking his phone out he stared at Victoria’s name and hesitated for a long time wondering if he should call her out or not. 
 
He’d been so lost in thought that he hadn’t noticed the footsteps nearby. 
 
“Lee Donghae?” 
 
Donghae turned to see two men walk up to him. They were big unlike the thin people he always saw around. And those black outfits they were wearing looked almost familiar. 
 
“Can I help you?” Donghae asked wondering why they were still coming at him. 
 
“Yes, you can help us.” 
 
Donghae frowned as they started to tower over him and tilting his head to look up at them he finally realized why they seemed familiar. He’d never be able to forget that bald buff man and that other guy who’d kidnapped him and Victoria. His heart pounded in fear as he got up to his feet ready to back away. 
 
“Why? What do you want?” Donghae asked. 
 
The bald guy smiled, “We need you to get Victoria for us.”
 
Now his heart began to weep faster. 
 
“What do you want with her?” Donghae demanded to know. “Alright, leave her alone. Just take me.” 
 
“It’s not going to work like that,” he replied. “Because we need you both.” 
 
/\_____/\
 
Victoria walked back into her room after a shower that night to find out that she had 4 missing calls from Lee Donghae. A frown marked her face when a text message arrived. 
 
“I want to meet you. Can you come over?” 
 
/\_____/\
 
“I’m telling you, she won’t come,” Donghae who now had his hands bound behind him told. 
 
While the other one had his phone, the other guy had held him down. As Donghae sat against the wall he could only snicker at the bald guy. 
 
“Haven’t you heard that Victoria and I have no connection to each other?” Donghae questioned. “Making her come is useless, so why don’t you just do away with me?” 
 
“Shut up!” the bald man screamed turning around. 
 
Donghae pressed his lips together. 
 
Whilst the silence that penetrated the room during the next half hour, Donghae wondered if Victoria would really come. But she couldn’t even if coming did mean that she cared. He didn’t want Victoria to be with him and these two guys again. He didn’t want to go through the whole kidnapping and escaping procedure. Recalling how Victoria had fought against one of these guys before they were thrown into the shed was still there within his memory. 
 
His hands and arm ached. He wanted to lie down and sleep, but the man still had a hand upon his shoulder. If he moved, he’d probably break his shoulder. How painful that’d be. As he continued on to think about other things the doorbell suddenly rung. 
 
Turning to face the door surprised he hoped, prayed, and wished that it wasn’t Victoria. Why would she come with just a text from him? It was stupid! Victoria couldn’t have come. It had to be room service or something…
 
“She’s here,” the bald guy said slightly turning back. 
 
Donghae gritted his teeth together and watched as the bald guy walked toward the door. It was surprising how his heart shook when the door opened. 
 
When he saw Victoria standing in the doorway he could only shout, “Victoria, run!” 
 
/\_____/\
 
Victoria was caught off guard by Donghae’s shout and the man at the doorway. Before she could all but react the man pulled her in and slammed the door closed. Victoria almost tripped on her way in and when she stopped her body from the impact she saw Donghae being held against the wall by another man. A look at his face and outfit made her snort. 
 
“What’s this?” Victoria asked. “What’s going on?” 
 
“This,” the bald man behind her said. 
 
Victoria spun around and looked at him. 
 
“What do you want? You idiots went as far as the threaten someone in order to get me here?” 
 
“You still came, didn’t you?” the bald man questioned. 
 
Victoria clenched her teeth and her eyes caught a familiar business card that the bald man pulled out of his jacket pocket. He handed it to her and she took it. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the name imprinted on it. 
 
She glanced up at the bald man suddenly full of fear, anger, and resentment. Hatred flooded in from all sides. Why was it that everything was coming to a hating point? 
 
Working hard to suppress her anger she said, “If you want business with me, leave him alone.” 
 
“What are you saying?” Donghae asked from behind. 
 
Victoria blinked her eyes uncontrollably at the trouble she’d suddenly gotten herself into. How could she have been so stupid? 
 
“When you’ve changed your mind, we’ll let him go.” the bald man explained then turned away. “Take him and lets go.” 
 
Crushing the card in her hand she said without looking at him, “Ok. I understand. By tomorrow, I’ll talk with him by tomorrow.” 
 
The bald man stared at her for a moment as if considering whether to believe her or not. 
 
“I promise,” Victoria whispered and pushed the business card back into his hand. 
 
The bald man smirked then turned away, “Leave him.” 
 
Victoria turned to see the other man push Donghae to the ground before following the bald man out. When the door shut she still couldn’t get a hold of herself. 
 
“Victoria! Victoria!” Donghae called from behind. 
 
When Victoria finally turned she saw him struggling to get up and bit her own tongue as she walked toward him to untie the rope around his hands. 
 
“What’s going on?” Donghae asked. “What happened? Why did they leave so easily? What did he say to you? What was it that he gave you? Did he threaten you?” 
 
Tossing the rope to the ground Victoria turned around ready to leave when Donghae grasped her arm. 
 
“Yah! Talk to me!” 
 
Gathering her emotions into place she turned around and pried his hand off of her. 
 
“This is why I told you to leave me alone!” Victoria shouted. “What did you do to get captured like an idiot?!” 
 
“What?” Donghae asked surprised. “Me? Do you think I really did something?” 
 
Victoria turned away but he grabbed her shoulder spinning her around. 
 
“Explain to me, then, about why they came to me asking for you!” 
 
Victoria couldn’t say anything. She couldn’t explain it to him. It was difficult. How could she have done this to herself? To them? When Kyuhyun’s mother had finally decided to release her, why did she mess up again just when she thought her troubles were free?  
 
“Sorry,” Donghae apologized after her long moment of silence. 
 
“Forget it,” Victoria mumbled. 
 
She turned around and took a step forward, but stopped at the sound of Donghae’s voice. 
 
“I met with Cho Kyuhyun’s mother today.” 
 
Spinning around she found herself staring at him absurdly. 
 
“She asked me to take you from Cho Kyuhyun.” 
 
Victoria snorted as she started toward him. Donghae backed up from her approach and Victoria stepped to the side pushing his back against the window. 
 
“Are you insane?” Victoria muttered. 
 
Donghae stared back at her. 
 
“Maybe I am,” Donghae quietly replied, “because I was really contemplating about this just before you were called over.” 
 
Victoria felt her grasp on him loosen, but she tightened it again, “Am I easy to play with?” 
 
He only looked at her. 
 
“I know, we’ve all been going back and forth with our decisions and you were the only one who knew what you wanted in the beginning,” Donghae said, “I’m sorry.” 
 
“You’re sorry?” Victoria repeated. The anger from the unfairness of it all surged through her so angrily. “Sorry is enough? What do you people want from me? Do you intend to tear me apart over and over again? Am I such a toy?! Is it that fun?!” 
 
“Victoria,” he tried putting a hand over hers. 
 
“Don’t touch me,” Victoria pulled her hand away. 
 
Her feelings were too overwhelming. It hadn’t been a day since she’d been so worked up about the wedding during the argument with Kyuhyun, and here, Donghae was starting another war with her. She couldn’t take it. She couldn’t take it. Not only he and Kyuhyun were after her, So Rae, Mi Sun, and Myung Soo were now threatening to close in on her. 
 
Was asking for a simple happiness too much? 
 
“You shouldn’t have come if you didn’t want to see me,” Donghae said. 
 
Victoria stared at him hurt. Without words she started pounding on his chest with her fists. Why did she have to start the day with tears and end the day with tears as well? Why was it still hurting so much? Why were there still endless pain residing within her? Why hadn’t it left even when she’d turned her back on them? She didn’t understand. 
 
“I hate you!” she screamed through her wild tears before she found herself sliding to the ground sobbing to herself. 
 
Hours later she found herself lying on the ground on her side with eyes closed. If Donghae was still there, she pretended that she didn’t know. If she knew that he was still there, she still pretended that he wasn’t there. After a brief moment she felt him try to bring her to sleep somewhere more comfortable but she shook his hands away. 
 
“Leave me alone.” she uttered. 
 
Another moment later she felt him lay a warm blanket over her. 

***Vic just found out who those men belongs to :/ And she realizes what she's done.

***And wow...this story is quite long. I've never had 90 chapters before.