38

Their Kingdom Panorama

 

/\_____/\
 
Victoria peeked around the corner and made her way forward. The guys were around the table again playing another round of their board game. When she pushed the gate open the metal screamed and a few of them turn around. 
 
“Oh!” one of them shouted before running toward her. 
 
Victoria smiled, “Where are the other two? I’ll take you out for a night snack.” 
 
“Ah…they’re sleeping off the excess fat they’ve received today,” Eunhyuk replied pointing toward some sleeping bodies. “Treat me instead.” 
 
Victoria eyed him and snorted, but flinched her head back when he reached a thumb forward to touch something on her face. 
 
“Ow!” Victoria shooed his hand away. “What are you doing?” 
 
“You’re really bleeding,” he commented wiping the blood off onto his jeans, “you’re going to get a scar on that pretty face. What happened?” 
 
Victoria frowned and glanced at the palm of her hands then laughed at herself. 
 
“Wow, I never noticed I was hurt,” Victoria told. “Looks like I need some treatment, but shall we grab some food first?” 
  
Sitting at a table by a food stall Victoria slurped down her noodles quickly before wiping a napkin across her lips. 
 
“Why are you eating so fast?” asked Eunhyuk who was calmly drinking down the soup from his bowl. 
 
“Because I had no appetite back at the house,” Victoria explained, “no, more like I was unable to eat.”
 
“Oooh…” he cooed, “did something big happen?” 
 
Victoria shrugged, “I don’t know how big things can get, but something did happen.”
 
“Since I’m the only one here, why don’t you tell me?” he asked. 
 
Victoria debated then said, “They’re getting a divorce.” 
 
“Oh…” he uttered, “well life happens.” 
 
“Supposedly, that’s what everyone else says too,” Victoria agreed, “but there’s so much tension back there I don’t even think I can sleep tonight.” 
 
“Poor you,” he sympathized, “but how did you get hurt?” 
 
“I fell down the stairs.” 
 
“That’s pretty rough.” Eunhyuk commented then reached into his pocket and pulled out some band-aids. “We save them up everyday, but I’ll help you some since you’re a bit pitiful.”
 
“You guys certainly have it easier,” Victoria told, “trust me on this one.” 
 
Eunhyuk smiled, “Then you should take care of yourself too. A person can only take so much, you know?” 
 
The softest and most thankful smile Victoria had ever felt climbed onto her face. Donghae had had some good friends that he’d left behind. If he wasn’t going back to them, Victoria would steal them in his stead. 
 
/\_____/\
 
Kyuhyun pulled open the front door only to come face to face with Victoria. The band-aid on her cheek caught him surprised yet concerned him. 
 
“You’re here, already?” Victoria wondered slipping her shoes on. 
 
“What happened?” Kyuhyun asked. 
 
“I kind of fell last night,” she replied shying away. 
 
“You fell? Where?” 
 
“It’s not important where, right?” 
 
“Where?” he persisted. 
 
Victoria pressed her lips together and laughed as she said, “The stairs, but I’m fine really. I got some band-aids.” 
 
“What if they get infected?” he worried. “Have you cleaned them well?” 
 
“O…of course,” she stuttered. 
 
“It happened while you were chasing So Rae out, didn’t it?” he asked as they walked toward the car together. 
 
Victoria only smiled in reply. 
 
“But you did find her, right?” Victoria asked. “I returned home sort of late so I didn’t see anybody.” 
 
“Where did you go? You didn’t head back after you called?” 
 
“I was just meeting up with an old friend,” Victoria lied feeling that the conversation was becoming uncomfortable for her. 
 
She worried about how he would react if he discovered that her friends were homeless people. 
 
Kyuhyun glanced at her worried, “Are you ok, though?” 
 
“Yea, perfectly fine!” she told holding her arms up and smacked them. “I’m strong and healthy!” 
 
“So Rae told me…about your parents,” he told still concerned, “I hope it hasn’t gotten to you. If you’re having a hard time, don’t forget to come to me, ok?” 
 
Victoria smiled as he opened the car door for her, “I won’t.”
 
/\_____/\
 
Sitting at Victoria’s desk he turned and watched her walk from the hallway toward him. 
 
“Get up,” she ordered, “what do you think you’re doing in my seat?” 
 
“What’s with your face?” he questioned ignorantly. 
 
“Get out of my seat first.” 
 
Donghae stared at her for a while and got up with a groan annoyed that her bargain had won over. 
 
“So how’d you get hurt?” he tapped his foot against the ground crossing his arms. 
  
“I slid in the bathtub,” Victoria lied, “you don’t want to hear that story, do you?”
 
He scowled at her, “You think I’d believe that?” 
 
Victoria didn’t respond but typed away when she logged onto her computer. 
 
“You’re not going to reply?” he went on. 
 
Victoria, however, ignored him out rightly. Pressing his lips together he grabbed her hand to turn her around only to hear her shout. She slapped his wrist with the back of her other hand and withdrew her prisoned hand back. 
 
“Jerk, jerk, jerk,” he heard her mutter underneath her breath. 
 
Grabbing her hand again he glanced at the tear on it, “Did you get this from the toilet?” 
 
Victoria stared at him and stood up. 
 
“Do you want me to choke the breath out of you?” she threatened. 
 
Donghae his lips and let her go when she got near him. 
 
“Leave me alone!” she shouted before sitting back down. 
 
“Tch!” he stared at her back. 
 
Victoria was on an ignoring spree, he decided. He stared at her for a long time assuming that she must have gotten mad at him for yesterday. However, he decided that he wouldn’t apologize just yet. Donghae wanted Victoria to suffer a bit more. 
 
“The devil,” he snickered at her back. 
 
Victoria didn’t react. 
 
“Didn’t you say that when you get your first paycheck you’d treat me to a few drinks?” he reminded. 
 
Victoria didn’t respond again. 
 
“Do you hear me?” he asked. 
 
“You said you didn’t want drinks!” Victoria turned around with a scream. 
 
“Well…geezes…” he muttered flinching back, “well I want some drinks. Lets go get some tonight.” 
 
“Don’t want to.” 
 
“What?” 
 
Victoria sent glares his way, “Why are you bothering me?! What is with you?! Can’t you just leave me alone?!” 
 
He gulped, “Ok, ok. My bad. I just wanted to talk…”
 
Victoria clenched her teeth and spun back around to face her computer. 
 
Staring at Victoria’s back only made him want to annoy her some more, but when he took a step forward the office door opened and So Rae stepped out. He watched her eye Victoria before walking away. When her footsteps trailed down the hallway Donghae wondered if they’d argued about something. 
 
The fairytale, Cinderella, appeared in his mind and he wondered if So Rae was Cinderella or if it was Victoria. 
 
After another millisecond passed by he walked pass her desk and headed down the block. Another few minutes after exiting the store he rode back up the elevator and walked down the hallway to find Victoria reading away at some papers. He placed the ointment and a box of band-aids he’d purchased onto the desk before her. Victoria stared at it for a long time before eyeing him. 
 
“It’s for you of course,” he told. 
 
“I didn’t ask,” Victoria stated, “I don’t want it.” 
 
“I only have good intentions right here,” Donghae told. 
 
“I don’t care about your so-called good intentions. I said I don’t want it.” 
 
Why was she being such a stuck up brat?!
 
“You better take it,” he demanded. 
 
Victoria shoved the items toward him. 
 
“Why are you being nice?” she asked, doubt in her tone. 
 
“Is it wrong to be nice because I want to?”
 
Victoria pressed her lips together, “I don’t need it if it doesn’t change the fact that I’m still the awful, irritable, always angry, always shouting, no mannered person who stole So Rae’s fiancé, aren’t I?”
 
“What?” he couldn’t believe what she was just saying. 
 
“I can’t be like the great So Rae you like, so why are you doing this to me?” Victoria stared at him. 
 
He frowned at her. 
 
“Why are you being like this? Making it so hard to be nice…” 
 
“I don’t want you to care for me if you don’t even mean it.” 
 
“What…” his mind went blank. 
 
He didn’t quite understand why Victoria was being that way. She hadn’t always been that stubborn, had she?
 
“Why are you talking like that?” he asked calmly. 
 
Their eyes locked and neither looked away. 
 
“Haven’t you noticed that I like you? You idiot.” 
 
A gun went off in his head. 
 
“What?” 
 
“Yes, I like you. Is it so hard to believe that these dumb words are actually coming out of my mouth?” she asked. 
 
A confused frown took over his face before the ringing of his phone silenced all questions in his head. He glanced at the caller ID to find out that it was So Rae. 
 
“Hello?” he answered. 
 
A minute later he was walking down the hallway.

***surprise Confession! She finally said it!

***This new layout is different, anyone agree? Not that I hate it or anything, it's just so different from our old one