32

Their Kingdom Panorama

 

Opening the front door she half ran down the hallway before coming to a stop at the back door. 
 
“Ah…what in the world is going on?” she muttered half closing her eyes with a hand up to her chest. 
 
Heaving a breath she stepped out onto the yard and paused when her eyes landed upon the joking Donghae and So Rae who were laughing together. A snort escaped her before tilting her head up toward the sky. For some reason she was feeling betrayed that night and she felt like blaming all of it on that jerk, Donghae. 
 
Turning around she headed back inside, but stopped in her steps when she saw Kyuhyun standing somewhat behind her. 
 
“Oh great, oh great, oh great, oh great,” her insides mumbled. 
 
“Should we…talk?” Kyuhyun asked. 
 
Her eyes fell toward the ground in debate. To face the sudden ‘suddenness’ that had suddenly happened or to go outside to face that jerk Donghae who was flirting with his crush, her older sister? 
 
A few seconds later she found herself sitting by the white stairs in the hallway with Kyuhyun. She had to admit she’d never felt so uncomfortable before in her whole life. 
 
“I’m sorry if I surprised you,” he apologized sincerely making Victoria feel guilty about becoming uncomfortable toward him. 
 
“Uh…” Victoria uttered, “it wouldn’t make me look shameless if I said it’s ok, right?” 
 
He stared at her seriously before chuckling a bit. Victoria returned the sudden laugh suddenly feeling calmer. 
 
“But Victoria,” he started. 
 
The way he called her name just like that made her feel uneasy again. Were they familiar with each other yet? As if - were they on close terms to be calling each other simply? She hadn’t recalled ever even have called him by his name at all before. 
 
“You’re interesting,” he admitted, “I want to get to know you more. If I say ‘Lets become closer’, would those words make you feel uneasy?” 
 
Victoria felt draw open before she suddenly fell into deep thought. She was…interesting? His direct words were so confusing to her. Did he want to simply get to know her better or was there some kind of intention behind it? Why were direct words so hard to interpret? 
 
“Ah…” Victoria uttered again, “I don’t know you either.” 
 
Exactly! That’s what he’d just said. Victoria had no clue to why she’d said that at all. She gulped. 
 
“The way you and Lee Donghae treat each other by bickering and yelling, I feel like I want to do that with you too,” he continued. 
 
One of Victoria’s eyebrows shot up in surprise at his words. It wasn’t as if she’d wanted their relationship to go down that way, it was just that ever since the two met they’d just started off that foot and had continued down that foot. 
 
A loud laugh escaped her and she found herself slapping her own thigh, “Donghae? Why would you want to be treated the way he does?” 
 
“Because he’s close to you.” another sincere answer that made Victoria shut up.
 
She immediately felt bad for taking his words as a joke. Pressing her lips together she cleared to avoid the embarrassment creeping upon her. 
 
“We’re not close,” Victoria shook her head, “we met by accident and then met by accident again. Talking and yelling….we’ve always been doing this.” 
 
She shook her head then turned to look at him. 
 
“But you…” she eyed him, “I can’t imagine shouting or talking to you that way. It seems disrespectful talking to a chairman’s son that way. And you don’t seem like those type of people to talk like that. It doesn’t suit you.” 
 
He stared at her then smiled suddenly, “Then shall we do it?” 
 
“Do what?” Victoria wondered already forgotten about his earlier suggestion. 
 
“Lets get to know each other better.” 
 
“How do you want to do that?” 
 
He seemed to ponder the thought, “Mmmm…we could meet more often daily and slowly become friends.” 
 
Victoria nodded her head following along. “How much time would that take?” 
 
“Plenty, we have enough time on our hands,” he was sure. 
 
“They say that you can never get to know enough of one person,” Victoria told, “and I’ve plenty of secrets.” 
 
“Secrets are only meant for best friends to know, so lets become good friends then,” he offered. 
 
Victoria watched him then smiled. 
 
After another hour passed by Victoria found herself in the backyard with another plate in her hand. She busied herself with eating at the same time as picking out the delicacies and placing them on her plate. She her fingers enjoying herself and froze when she heard a voice from behind. Spinning around she found Donghae standing there with that jerk of a smile on his face. 
 
“The definition of fat is: being well fed,” he told staring at her then to the plate in her hand. 
 
Victoria held her plate back as if trying to hide it. 
 
“I’m not giving it to you,” she told. 
 
“Ha!” Donghae sounded. “I don’t want to store the fat you’ve been touching down my body!”
 
Victoria stared at him then to the food on her plate and still recalled seeing him flirt with So Rae earlier. She pushed back the smile that almost grew on her face and walked pass him half stomping her feet against the grass. Making her way pass the few guests that were left she walked into the kitchen and set her plate down. When she heard footsteps behind her she bit her bottom lip and quickly filled with all the food she could. 
 
He snorted at her from behind. 
 
A frown crossed her face and she spun around shouting some of the food in out, “Why are you following me?!” 
 
Donghae stared back at her astounded by her. 
 
“Why are you yelling?!” he retorted. 
 
“Cause you’re being all weird and strange, like a creeper!” 
 
“What?” his mouth dropped open. 
 
“Why?” Victoria asked after swallowing her food down her small throat. “Even you’re surprised by an accusation as small as that? Shouldn’t you have expected that from me?” 
 
“Tsh…what is wrong with you?” asked Donghae looking her over then quieted his tone. “And I was just going to say you looked nice.” 
 
Victoria’s scrunched up expression became perplexed. Pressing her lips together she swallowed her dry saliva wondering how she should react. 
 
“Now you’re making me look bad,” she mumbled then said aloud, “I don’t want to hear the same words you would have said to someone else already.” 
 
Biting down on her teeth she turned around and stuffed some more food into again. She could hear Donghae turn around and walk away. Throwing down the fork in her hand she glanced around the room overwhelmed by feelings of distress and regret. 

***I'm super duper tired from my cousin's wedding yesterday. A lot of crying, took a lot of pictures, spent some time with family who came from afar, and worked a lot. It'll be a day I won't forget. Still feeling a bit sad, but I'm bored and there's nothing to do right now, so I decided to update today. Lets see if I'm in a writing mood. indecision