12

Their Kingdom Panorama

 

/\_____/\
 
Donghae awoke early in the shelter and left as soon as the sun rose. He’d promised So Rae that he wouldn’t be late and just as he got to the office the woman at the front desk told him to head straight into the office. When the brown door opened he was met with a line of tailored suits all new and fresh from the boxes. 
 
“Is it nice?” So Rae stepped out from behind her desk. 
 
“Whoa!” Donghae gasped. “It’s all mine?” 
 
“Sure.” So Rae nodded. 
 
Donghae walked toward the suits and started looking at them one by one. 
 
“Would you like a new place to stay as well?” So Rae asked. 
 
Donghae turned to look at her, “Really?!” 
 
So Rae smiled again. She was now more than sure that this man would more than help her infuriate her father. 
 
/\_____/\
 
In the early morning Victoria found herself standing with awe in front of one of the tallest skyscraper in the heart of Seoul. The rich concrete building full of glossy window frames stretched high up into the air. And the thought of standing somewhere so high up gave her the slight chills. 
 
Turning back to look at the front doors all lined neatly together Victoria walked forward astonished by the heavily air conditioned office. The grand white walls welcomed her silently along with the mutters of others walking to and fro. Ahead of her behind a gray and white marbled wall she spotted a light tan desk lined with gold lines at the top. A black computer was visible in sight behind it and a young woman in a black business skirt with a matching jacket stood up smiling. 
 
Her name tag read: Im Soomi. 
 
“Hello, do you need help with anything?” she greeted. 
 
Her lips shone luminously from the lip gloss she was sporting. Her hair had been tied up into a tight and neat bun; her face well done. Victoria envied her for a moment before kicking herself back to reality. 
 
Victoria pulled the card she’d received the day before, “I was told to come see Bang So Rae.” 
 
“Ah…the VP is on the 5th floor. If you turn down her left you’ll find some elevators. The woman at the front desk upstairs will be able to help you.” 
 
“Oh…” Victoria glanced down her left and nodded. “Thanks.” 
 
Victoria walked away from the desk and found four silver elevators. Pressing the “Up” button she waited for one of them to open. When the “Ding” sounded she walked toward the opened elevator and rode up. Once the elevator doors opened she met with the lady at the desk as promised by the woman downstairs and explained to her who she was to meet. Thankfully the woman seemed to understand and Victoria was told to wait. 
 
While waiting Victoria turned around to get a better look around. The floor was of a tan color and the walls were more than just rich white. Along with the glare of the sun it become a blinding white. 
 
Victoria found a corner at the back of the room that was furnished with tan furniture; all single chairs. The blinds had been opened neatly with much care and she glanced out the window. The view down seemed frightening, yet, at the same time splendid. For a moment she gazed at the skyscrapers and turned slightly when she heard music coming from the thin door just a few feet away. 
 
Curiosity perked her brain and she walked away from the window down her right. She stopped a little and glanced at the woman behind the desk who was all too busy with the papers she was reading. 
 
Victoria gulped and wondered why the door had to be in between the window and the woman in the hall. She quickly wondered if she’d get in trouble if she was caught opening the door. However, the door was already a crack open…it wouldn’t make a difference would it? 
 
Shrugging her worries off Victoria opened the door and crept in to find that there was another door on the other side that had been left open. It obviously led to the balcony. Deciding not to go further Victoria took a few more steps and paused to stare out the window at the side of the doorframe. 
 
Sitting out there against the railing was a young man with a rich face full of color, a head full of black hair that had been neatly combed straight that morning, and a guitar in his arms; his hands busy stringing the chords creating a nice peaceful melody. 
 
Victoria immediately fell into its magic and turned around to lean against the glass. A small smile played her face as she drowned in the music. It was relaxing, nice. And in a moment she could see the family she wished she’d grown up in. 
 
Her loneliness was dispelled in that moment. 
 
/\_____/\
 
Kyuhyun hadn’t expected an audience out there on the balcony. He’d gotten so bored waiting on So Rae to give him something to do that he’d stolen his way out to get some fresh air. However, the young girl standing inside the doorway caught his attention. Setting his guitar aside gently, he got up and slowly made his way toward the door. 
 
He glanced through the glass first before poking his face halfway around the open door. 
 
“Good morning,” he greeted. 
 
The woman with long hair quickly turned around and half knocked her forehead against the frame of the door. A loud shout came from her and he felt sorry for having scared her. 
 
“Are you ok?” he asked. “Sorry.” 
 
“Aish….” Victoria muttered rubbing her forehead and quickly turned back when she heard the secretary calling for her. 
 
“Miss? Miss?” 
 
She turned back to glance at the man and quickly walked away. 
 
Kyuhyun watched her with a smile falling over his face. 
 
“She’s a clumsy one.” he commented to himself. 
 
/\_____/\
 
Victoria burst out the door and found the woman looking around for her down the hall where the elevators were located. 
 
She turned around and said, “I was wondering where you went. The VP is waiting for you.” 
 
Victoria nodded and walked toward the closed brown doors. 
 
“Can I just go in?” Victoria asked turning back to the secretary. 
 
“Yes, just open the door,” the woman replied with a shake of her head. 
 
Victoria took a big breath and finally pushed the door open. However, as soon as the door opened her jaw dropped when she saw Donghae standing inside dressed in a new tailored suit. He turned around catching immediate sight of her and frowned. 
 
“What are you doing here?!” the two of them pointed at each other. 
 
“Are you Miss Victoria Song?” a voice interfered. 
 
Victoria turned to her left to see a young pretty woman with beautiful features smile at her. It immediately came to her mind to bow right away. 
 
“Good morning,” Victoria greeted. 
 
“My name is Bang So Rae,” she introduced. 
 
“Uh…yea…” Victoria said unclear of where the conversation was meant to go. “But why…” 
 
“I want to offer you a position in my company.” So Rae explained still sitting in her large chair. 
 
“Why?” Victoria asked. “I haven’t done anything for you.” 
 
“Bang In Tak,” she quickly responded, “my uncle, you called the ambulance that day, was it not you?” 
 
“Ah…” Victoria muttered, her voice traveling with a curve. 
 
She turned to look at Donghae from the side. He seemed all ready to go…but was he not shameless at all? Taking on a job so easily? Did he take a bribe? She was pretty sure he was lured without much effort knowing that he was a guy who was more naïve than a girl. 
 
“That wasn’t much,” Victoria stated, “all I did was call the ambulance and the cops came streaming. But I don’t get why such a big reward is coming from you.” she glanced at Donghae again. “Clothes and a job. Isn’t it too much?” 
 
“Victoria,” Donghae whispered. 
 
So Rae smiled, however, calmly. “I would offer it without a price. My uncle was, after all, saved.” 
 
“It was murder,” Victoria stated. 
 
“Victoria!” Donghae whispered again more urgently. 
 
“Shouldn’t it be your father who is rewarding me instead of you?” Victoria asked. 
 
It seemed strange. This long rack of suits…had it been waiting there for Donghae? And why was she so willingly giving them a job and even new clothes? What person did that? Victoria was almost sure that she had hidden motives. 
 
“I am the head here. I can do whatever I deem so,” So Rae said. 
 
Spoiled. This girl was definitely a spoiled one. 
 
Victoria turned to look at Donghae feeling a heave of anger grow at him. However, she was unable to say it to him in front of this woman who had this aura full of power that was crushing Victoria’s guts. 
 
The fact was still clear. Victoria still needed a well paid job if she wished to restore her grandmother’s home. 
 
“How much?” Victoria asked. 
 
“What?” So Rae returned the question. 
 
“How much will I be getting for this job?” 
 
“I won’t give you minimum wage.” 
 
Definitely strange. But there was no point in rejecting when it was so willingly offered to her. 
 
“When do I start?” 
 
“Tomorrow morning.” So Rae smiled. 
 
Victoria nodded and gave the woman a small bow before reaching for Donghae’s arm. 
 
“Let me talk with you,” Victoria said and pulled him out after her. 
 
When she opened the door she noticed the man from earlier standing in the waiting room leaning against the back of the chair. A small smile decked his face and she could see the strap of the guitar case around his shoulder. He glanced at her before she turned away to lead Donghae helplessly down the hallway after her. 
 
“What are you doing?” Donghae asked when they rounded the corner. 
 
Victoria finally dropped his hand. 
 
“What are you wearing?” she questioned. 
 
He stared at her and smoothed out his collars, “Doesn’t it look nice? Handsome?” 
 
“Devastatingly ugly,” Victoria snorted. “Did you get bribed? How could you accept such a job so easily? Do you have no shame?” 
 
“What about you? You accepted the job as well.” Donghae’s mouth was quick to reply. 
 
Victoria bit her lip, “I’m in a situation that can’t do without a job. On the other hand you don’t even need a job.” 
 
“Me?” Donghae asked then laughed at  her. “I need food too! So that I won’t have to go stealing and get jumped by people like you.” 
 
“What?” Victoria asked offended. 
 
“What?” he retorted. “Are you getting mad at me? Why are you getting mad at me?” 
 
“I…” Victoria started then paused. 
 
Was she getting angry at him? For what reason? Was she stupid?!
 
“I’m just pointing out the reason why you’re so naïve!” she stated. “You never asked her why she was treating you like a prince! You should have asked for the reason why she was being so good to you. Do you not have a brain at all?” 
 
“Look at you,” Donghae muttered, “you’re just jealous that she stepped toward me first. That I got offered all these bonuses before you and therefore you, who came after, is feeling like a complete fool. Isn’t that right?” 
 
“What?” Victoria asked bewildered. “Where are you getting all these ideas?”
 
“I’m right,” Donghae was confident. “Whatever reason it is, you’re just jealous. However, I’m not interested in you right now. I have a job waiting for me.” 
 
Victoria watched as Donghae walked off allowing a laugh of exasperation escape her. 

***They meet! Victoria & Kyuhyun!

*** :DDD And Victoria is upset with Donghae over...nothing? xDDD