43

Their Kingdom Panorama

 

/\_____/\
 
Mi Sun’s place was farther than Victoria had imagined. It was almost far out by the woods. Built out of rich wooden logs it looked like a perfect lodge to stay at during the icy winter. Through the large glass window that Victoria walked pass she could spot a chimney and a room full of comfy colorful furniture. 
 
Mi Sun opened the door for them and Victoria followed suit. Amongst its brown dashed walls were family portraits of nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, grandmas, and grandpas. Even vases of flowers had been randomly spread about. Victoria liked it. 
 
She took her shoes off at the rug by the front door and felt awe decorate her face. 
 
“Why don’t you two explore around?” Mi Sun suggested. “I live alone, so don’t worry about anyone intruding.” 
 
“It’s really great here,” Kyuhyun complimented.
 
Victoria turned her head to look around the few closed doors wondering what kinds of rooms were behind them. 
 
Mi Sun looked at Victoria with a kind smile, “Do you like it?” 
 
“Oh…of course, it’s really nice here,” Victoria said, “different from our home.” 
 
Mi Sun agreed, “It is kind of dense and cold. Enjoy yourselves, I’ll prepare dinner in the meantime.” 
 
“Do you want help?” Victoria offered. 
 
“I’m fine, you two just make the most of your trip,” she told before walking down a hallway to their left. 
 
Victoria stood there for a moment wondering what would be best to do. 
 
“Do you want to look around?” asked Kyuhyun. 
 
Victoria turned around, “How about we take a walk outside? I saw a trail earlier.” 
 
“Ok, lets do that.” 
 
“Are you sure? We could do something you want to.” 
 
“I want to do what you want to do, first.” 
 
Victoria found herself staring at him wondering how in the world she had met such a nice man. One who was willing to do anything she wanted without complaint. Was he too good for her? 
 
They walked in step quietly under the tall trees. Not even a bird or a squirrel had appeared in sight. It wasn’t just silence, but the calamity of calmness that penetrated the air peacefully. Victoria enjoyed it. 
 
It was nothing of the sadness, anger, or hurt that she’d been feeling so often. Kind of like the feeling a bird would get when it took its first flight into the refreshing sky, Victoria was feeling like that. There, she had nothing to worry about, but Victoria knew it wouldn’t last like that forever. Just like the trail that kept winding on and on her life would keep going on and on. Barriers, blockades, and road jams would stop her and try to bring her down. Life would start like that again when she returned to the heart of Seoul. 
 
Something drifted down from above and Victoria looked up to see a blue fashionable scarf tied to a branch above their heads. 
 
“What’s that?” Victoria wondered. 
 
Kyuhyun followed her gaze, “Looks like someone left it up there.” 
 
Reaching an arm out she tried to get at the knot that would untie it, but barely even touched it. 
 
“Oh well,” she started before a shriek escaped her when she suddenly elevated into the air and came face to face with the branch the scarf was tied to. 
 
Finally noticing something around her legs she glanced down to see that Kyuhyun had grabbed her legs to hoist her up into the air. 
 
Immediately embarrassed she called, “Let me down!”
 
“You better get the scarf before I lose my grip on you,” he warned. 
 
“How awkward…” Victoria mumbled to herself then returned her eyes back to the scarf. As soon as she began working at the knot she said, “You better hang in there! If you let me slip then I’ll probably treat you worse than Lee Donghae.” 
 
She could hear him chuckle and a smirk climbed onto her face. 
 
“Aish…why is this knot so weird?” she wondered before Kyuhyun’s arms seemed to loosen. 
 
“Hurry up,” he urged. 
 
Victoria made a face and bit onto the bottom of her lip ordering her hands to work harder. When his arms weakened Victoria could feel herself falling down but wasn’t like the normal kind of falling down where one fell horizontally. Instead it felt like she was sliding against him and seconds later with an arm hooked over his shoulder she felt a blast of breath escape her. 
 
“Whew!” an utter sigh of relief left her. 
 
That was when she turned her head to the right and felt herself blush for the first time ever. Their eyes met, they glanced at each other, their noses nearly brushed, and the warmth of her breath was probably bouncing off his face rapidly. Taking a hold of herself she took a step back unsure of how to deal with the situation. 
 
“Sorry,” he apologized, “I just meant to play around a little.” 
 
“It’s ok…” Victoria said still feeling uneasy. 
 
Suddenly the thought that she could have made him feel sorry for trying to be playful with her made her gut twist. It would have been better if she’d played along. Things wouldn’t have been so awkward then. 
 
“I got the scarf, on the other hand,” Victoria smiled. “Lets go back. Dinner might be ready. I’m hungry, are you?” 
 
/\_____/\
 
“Don’t befriend her anymore.” 
 
How had they met again? Oh yes, that was right, when he’d stolen a kimbap and Victoria had hunted him down like a dog. Honestly, wrestling it out with Victoria had almost been fun until that piercing scream had come out of nowhere ruining it all. If they hadn’t entered the courtyard and tried to save So Rae’s uncle, then perhaps the two of them really wouldn’t have met again. 
 
Going through an adventure together in the woods, being locked up together, and running together…he was suddenly reminiscing the only good memories he had of Victoria before they entered the company. It had, perhaps, been the only joyful moments he could remember up to date. His image of fun Victoria had shattered when So Rae had told him about her and Kyuhyun. 
 
Turning away from the window in his suite Donghae shook his head. Victoria may be in the wrong, but he didn’t hate her for it. Maybe there was that feeling in him somewhere positive that Victoria wasn’t as bad as she seemed. 
 
Hanging his head back into thin air he heaved a loud sigh unable to retrieve the answer from within about what was really bothering him. Or was it just that he didn’t want to stop befriending her no matter how bad it seemed? 
 
“Aish…why? Why are you thinking about this?!” he questioned himself aloud suddenly sitting back in position. 
 
Shaking his head he got up and walked about the suite. 
 
Pausing in the midst of his steps he shouted, “How dare she skip work today! I’ll certainly have it from her tomorrow!” 
 
/\_____/\
 
“Ah…you’re back? Just in time,” Mi Sun smiled as she set the last plate onto the table. 
 
Her eyebrow curved up as she noticed the blue scarf in Victoria’s hand, “Where’d you find that?” 
 
“Oh…somewhere in the back, is it yours?” Victoria questioned. 
 
“Some of the kids must have left it back there,” Mi Sun assumed. “Why don’t you keep it? I’m sure they would have forgotten about it already.” 
 
“Really?” Victoria smiled holding the scarf tight.
 
“Why? Are you planning to do something with it?” Kyuhyun wondered. 
 
Victoria just smiled in reply. Donghae’s birthday was Friday, she’d give it to him then. 
 
They settled down for a nice dinner before it started thundering outside. Once the wind started rattling against the glass windows, the power went out.
 
“Is there a storm?” Kyuhyun asked through the dim darkness. 
 
Victoria turned around to look outside the large window behind her. The night sky hadn’t completely taken over yet, there was still some light coming from the fading sun giving the damp blue sky a jade green glow. 
 
“The power always goes out when it rains, let me go check the power outlet,” Mi Sun said. 
 
Kyuhyun turned to her, “Why don’t you call home and let your father know that you’ll be late. He’ll probably be worried.” 
 
Victoria nodded. 
 
“I’m going to go with Mi Sun, so stay here.” 
 
Victoria watched as the two made their way down the hallway toward the basement before she grabbed her phone. She paused a bit realizing that it’d be the first time she was calling her father. 
 
/\_____/\
 
Kyuhyun followed Mi Sun down the isolated hallway and down a steep wooden staircase. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs where the power outlet was located. 
 
“Can you see?” he asked. 
 
“It’s not that dark,” Mi Sun replied opening the cover. “Do you like her? You seem satisfied with what you’ve got.” 
 
Kyuhyun pressed his lips together. 
 
“So Rae’s jealous, isn’t she?” Mi Sun questioned not turning to Kyuhyun. “You know her, though, don’t you? That she won’t accept it no matter what.”
 
“I know,” Kyuhyun answered, “but I won’t cave just because of So Rae. I’m going to take Victoria out of that house.”
 
Mi Sun turned to look at him when the lights and playfully hit him on the chest, “That’s some determination, but she seems like a good person. Keep her that way.” 

***Heh~ You love that Kyutoria moment? I know you do xD

***Hae has finally starting to think about Victoria now. Lets see how far his simple mindedness will get him this time. At least he knows he doesn't not want to befriend her

***Oh yes, I don't really update over weekends but I was really bored and couldn't motivate myself to write, so I updated!
 
***The thought about school worries me, I got dropped from one of my classes without me knowing and I don't even know the reason why b/c I was not notified about it :/ like come on :/ so anxious for this screwed up fall when i can't sign up for any darn classes! Grr! college kills, seriously :/ but if i don't get this class then I'll have Tusedays & Thursdays off, which means more time to write =) , work :/, and study :/
 
***Oh and I discovered this on Tumblr, you're gonna love it Drfaith! -i'm having a hard time telling if it's vic or jessica hmm...originally the picture was taken with Yuri LOL the power of photoshop xD
 
Again the power of photoshop
 
***P.S. I hope you guys don't make me change the leading couple for this story xD