72

Their Kingdom Panorama

 

That night she was unable to sleep. 
 
Yes, she’d never thought about So Rae’s feelingly for Cho Kyuhyun. Honestly, she’d never thought about them at all. So she loved him as much as she loved Donghae. If Mi Sun had put it that way, Victoria could empathize. It was difficult, though, because So Rae had done too many awful things for Victoria to even think of her as pitiful. Her actions only made her look more angry and honestly, hateful.  
 
“No matter how tortured you will start to feel later, go out with the plans your father has drawn out for you. So Rae will now or later learn to stand by you. Because our care for her has been bad she is now being worse than stubborn. If she wants something from you, give way for her. She is your older sister, after all, even if you two come from different mothers she is still your older sister. Heed her requests because that is the role of a younger sister.” 
 
And how many times would Victoria have to give way and let So Rae win each time? What if So Rae never learned to stand by her side? What if So Rae never learned? 
 
“The pain in the family is meant to be carried by you, not So Rae.” 
 
Just who had she been to tell Victoria that? Because what Hee Young had told her, that line about the pain in the family, had become the heaviest burden upon Victoria’s shoulder. 
 
She slept with eyes wide open and woke up with a heavy cup of coffee. 
 
The next morning at work she discovered a note  along with a card on her desk. It was the same replicate as Donghae’s card key to his place.  
 
“Be at my place at exactly 6pm tomorrow!” 
 
Just from the sloppy handwriting she could tell that it was from Donghae. 
 
/\_____/\
 
That evening as Donghae drove So Rae back to the house he found the atmosphere inside the car awkwardly intense. 
 
“We’re at your house now,” Donghae told loudly when So Rae didn’t get out of the car. 
 
“I know, but I want to talk.” 
 
Donghae glanced into the rearview mirror. 
 
“Don’t worry just yet,” So Rae assured, “I’m not inviting you inside for dinner tonight. I want to tell you something, though.” 
 
He didn’t say a word. 
 
“Do you know Victoria has a criminal record for drug trafficking?” 
 
He remained silent. 
 
“Does that fact really change anything?” Donghae questioned. 
 
“You knew, too?” So Rae asked in disbelief. 
 
“Of course,” Donghae nodded before turning around, “I knew her way before you did. Who are you to tell me how to judge her when you know nothing about her?”
 
So Rae snorted, “You’re really going to keep up with this attitude?” 
 
“Yes.” 
 
A dangerous smile left her lips, “Then I’ll see what you can do in the next few days.”
 
A frown appeared on his face. 
 
“Victoria’s future will lie in your hands,” So Rae told. “If I let this news out, it’ll become an atomic bomb and Victoria would have no face to go anywhere without the media on her tail watching her every move. Her life will become worse than that of a prisoner’s. Cho Kyuhyun’s family would leave her in the dust. This would all happen because Victoria is the daughter of the famous business man, Bang Dae Jung. Do you think I’m fabricating lies?”
 
Donghae stared at her. 
 
“Give up, Lee Donghae, because you’ll never be good enough for her,” So Rae tried, “my father would never accept a no-name as a son-in-law. You can never meet up to Kyuhyun’s standards. Do you really think you can compete with Cho Kyuhyun and provide Victoria with the brightest future? I don’t think so.” 
 
He definite refused to let her words sink in. 
 
“Think about, what is best for Victoria? This silly relationship between the two of you doesn’t concern you only. Do you want Victoria to suffer in the future?” 
 
Without any more words, So Rae got out of the door closing the door after her. 
 
/\_____/\
 
Victoria had tried all methods, she’d done everything at all costs just to avoid So Rae, but that evening was an eventful one. So Rae didn’t appear for dinner. When Victoria left the table and started toward the stairs she paused when she noticed So Rae glaring heavily at her from the doorway. 
 
That evil smirk appeared on So Rae’s face, “Victoria Song, you think that a sparrow can become a phoenix, don’t you?” 
 
Victoria stared at her. 
 
“We’ll see how long you can hold Donghae for,” So Rae mocked, “in a few days’ time, you’re going to go back to where you started from. Your poor grandma’s home.” 
 
Victoria’s face garnered a small frown before So Rae started up the stairs. 
 
“Yo! Where’ve you been?” Eunhyuk loudly called out for her when he spotted her. 
 
The Three Musketeers ran over. They could seriously be the human imitation of hyenas, Victoria swore that. 
 
“Busy,” Victoria told, “a lot of things have been happening.” 
 
“I bet there’s trouble now.” Yesung told. 
 
Ryeowook nudged him. 
 
“It’s true. She only comes here when she’s troubled about something.” 
 
Ryeowook eyed her. 
 
“So, what’s up?” Eunhyuk asked. 
 
“Nothing,” Victoria lied, “I missed you guys, and it’s been a while so I wanted to stop by.” 
 
“Liar.” Ryeowook accused. 
 
“You’re not qualified to say that,” Yesung told. 
 
“Liar!” Ryeowook shouted.
 
Yesung laughed and rubbed his head. 
 
“I will explain some other day.” Victoria told then checked the time on her phone. “I have to go now.” 
 
“So soon? You just came.” Eunhyuk said. 
 
“I know, but I have an appointment I can’t miss.” 
 
With that she left them. 
 
As she entered the hotel elevators she could feel her heart become more anxious. How should she greet him? How should she face him? What was there to say? Should she be the first to apologize? So many worries wound themselves inside her head that she couldn’t find enough time to breathe before starting down the elegant hallway. 
 
Within moments time she stopped before the suite door. Pulling out the card key she’d received yesterday she slid it through just like Donghae had done before, and the door unlocked. 
 
/\_____/\
 
“It’s been a while.” Kyuhyun smiled sitting down in the waiting room. “I’ve been busy recently, so I haven’t had the chance to meet up with you.” 
 
So Rae smiled, “It’s fine, I know you’re too busy.” 
 
“Do you want to go out and eat?” 
 
“I already ate,” So Rae smiled, “have you seen Victoria lately?” 
 
“Why?” he wondered. “Did anything happen?” 
 
She led him down the hallway and into the waiting room. 
 
“So, what was it that you want to talk about?”
 
“I’m not trying to make you change your mind. I just want to be totally honest with you.” 
 
Kyuhyun smiled patiently waiting for her to go on. 
 
“Just like old times, I’ll be a friend,” So Rae told, “did you know Victoria has a criminal record?” 
 
His smile obviously disappeared. Apparently, even the news had been shocking. 
 
“Victoria was in jail for drug trafficking,” So Rae explained, “I don’t care if you believe it or not, but I only found out a couple of days ago.” 
 
“You…” he started. 
 
So Rae immediately cut him off, “I’m aware that there’s something else you don’t know about her. I’m sure this one will shock you even more.” 
 
Kyuhyun waited wondering what kind of surprises she’d prepared for him. 
 
“Victoria and Donghae are seeing each other. You’ve lost since the beginning.” 
 
She loved the reaction climbing onto his face. 
 
The feelings that swept through him were indescribable. So Rae got up from the seat beside him and paced about the room. 
 
“I told you before, that Victoria wouldn’t stick with you to the end,” So Rae reminded, “do you feel embarrassed to realize, now, that you have a one-sided relationship? Perhaps, you think I’m purposely chiding you and probably I am, but I’m only doing this because I don’t want you to become hurt later. This is reality, Cho Kyuhyun.” 
 
Kyuhyun looked at her. 
 
“It’s the truth,” So Rae insisted, “I’ll even wholeheartedly give you my blessing if the wedding works out.” She stopped and turned to him with arms crossed over her chest, “You don’t believe me.” 
 
He averted his eyes. It was hard to imagine that Victoria would have lied to him. 
 
“Should I call her for you?” 
 
/\_____/\
 
It was dark. Not even a light bulb had been lit. Was this a joke? As Victoria walked further in, she searched for a light switch and when she finally discovered one on the wall to her left she flipped it on. She recognized the sounds of a guitar and turned to see Donghae sitting on a stool in the living room before her. He was sitting so handsomely strumming away at the guitar he was holding. 
 
After a brief minute or so he set the guitar down gently and started toward her. She recognized the blue scar she’d given him on his birthday strung around his neck ever so carefully. 
 
“Hi.” he childishly greeted. 
 
Victoria looked around, “What’s this?” 
 
“This isn’t the whole piece. I’m still in the process of learning the whole song.” he bragged. “Pretty good, right?” 
 
When she turned to face him he was holding a silver necklace before her. 
 
“I wanted to do something for you,” he told, “you’ve been having it kind of hard these days. I’m sorry, for saying those things the other night.”
 
Victoria felt like melting. 
 
“And the scarf,” he gently tugged at it, “it’s one of the first gifts I’ve ever received on my birthday. Thank you, for having made it so special. You’ll forever be my number one because you’re the only who’s ever withstood my existence.”
 
A smile left her lips as he put the necklace on her. 
 
“Pretty?” he asked. 
 
Victoria nodded, “I feel so special knowing that I have an angel no one else does.” 
 
Another smile escaped onto her lips before she felt his hand on her face. Slightly leaning her face forward their lips touched and suddenly Victoria’s world just felt so perfect. During that moment So Rae, Mi Sun, and her troubles - none of them mattered. 
 
The little kisses they shared as they blindly moved throughout the room turned her mind blank. When Victoria wrapped a leg around his she only realized then that they were no longer standing. She ran an excited hand up his spine before he playfully bit her. Letting out a small shout she slightly slapped him across the chest. After a second, he gave her a small peck the forehead. His fingers swiftly climbed up her arm before he started kissing her ever so slowly again and that was when her hands made their own way to the buttons of his shirt. 
 
It was electrifying and Victoria was sure she wouldn’t forget it. However, after a brief moment the ringing of her phone resounded through the room nonstop. Heaving a sigh the both of them got up and Victoria reached for the phone that had slipped out of her pocket. Her eyes gazed over to Donghae when she saw who the caller was. 
 
“Hello?” she answered. 
 
“Where are you?” So Rae questioned. 
 
Donghae reached a hand forward and fix her bangs. Victoria couldn’t answer. 
 
“Kyuhyun is here,” So Rae told. “He wants to talk to you.” 
 
She watched as Donghae buttoned up his shirt. 
 
“Oh…ok.” Victoria told before hanging up. 
 
Suddenly, her heart was sinking again. Reality was just so awful to her. 
 
“Who is it?” he asked leaning forward to give her another kiss. 
 
Her body swayed back from his kiss and she put a hand on his shoulder, “I have to go home.”  
 
She loved the look of him up close. 
 
“I’ll give you a ride.” he offered. 
 
“Uh…no,” she was quick to say it. “It’s ok. It’s better that I go back on my own.” 
 
“Why? Did something happen?” he was worried, she knew it. 
 
“It’s fine, really,” she tried. 
 
She placed a hand on his face and rubbed his cheek with her thumb. 
 
“I’ll call you.” with a quick peck she got up and was out the door. 
 
/\_____/\
 
“Lets see how much of a fool you’ve been played,” So Rae thought silently to herself then turned to Kyuhyun, “she’ll be back in a bit. Why don’t you wait till then?” 
 
“You didn’t have to call her.” 
 
“You would have found out sooner or later. Good luck, Cho Kyuhyun.” she told before leaving the room. 
 
His insides twisted into thick knots. Anxiety began to trap him into a cage with no exit. Victoria wasn’t like So Rae had made her out to be. She couldn’t be. The innocent girl he’d followed down the street and the person who’d ran away from the engagement ceremony…wasn’t the same person as the one who’d went to jail and had lied to him. He didn’t want that to be the truth. 
 
Closing his eyes for a second, which felt like long hours, he opened them again to hear the front door close. Suddenly, he didn’t want to face Victoria, but as the footsteps neared he couldn’t help but feel the need to grab her and ask her if it was all true. 
 

***First of all, the Three Musketeers are back! :DD

***So Rae is finally starting with her words. Both Kyu and Hae are now victims

***Finally a romantic moment between the two of them, but it had to be interrupted by So Rae :/

***And now, Kyu will start his confrontation