Chapter 7

Forsaken Love
~ Forsaken Love ~ Chapter 7~

“Tell me,” Manager Park brought his hands on his hips, “What exactly are you guys thinking?” looking only to Junsu, “Are you planning to disclose this relationship? You want Ri In killed by Cassiopeia? Don’t you all scare Mr. Lee Soo Man see?”

“I’m sorry, Manager Park,” Ri In bowed guiltily.

“Ri In it’s not your fault,” Manager Park gestured her to not say anything. “Junsu, are you certain that being with Ri In, you’ll no hurt her. Are you serious with her?”

Ri In was rather taken aback to know Manager Park was actually worried that this relationship would hurt her than the boys career.

“I’m very certain that Jang Ri In will be my first and last love. I promise, please believe in us that we are both serious in this relationship.” Junsu said confidently without any hesitation.

“With that promise,” Manager Park sighed. “I’ll no longer frets about the both of you anymore. But do bear in mind, Dong Bang Shin Gi are formed by five people. You’re not the only person in DBSK.”

-October 2005, Korea-

“That song was produced by you?” a guy shouted out very loudly as he was shocked. Immediately, Ri In dragged him to one corner, “Do you want a microphone? Speak so loud!”

“Li Yin, you really did produced ‘Rising Sun’, didn’t you?”

“Han Geng gege, this will be our secret, alright?” Ri In was basically giving him a begging stare. “In fact, I actually just gave Young Jin oppa the starting tone and he worked out the rest…”

“Well, do you know DBSK’s album is topping the chart? You could make so lot of money…”

“I’ve told you I’m not the one who produced the song!” Ri In flashed him a threatening glare. “I still have lot of things to do, make my move first.”

“Don’t forget you owe me a lunch,” Hankyung shouted in Chinese.

-

Opening the door Ri In peeped, her head into the recording studio to see the famous producer, Yoo Young Jin holding on his forehead.

“Young Jin oppa,” Ri In hopped over to his side, “What are you fretting about? Need any of my help, like getting you a cup of coffee or tea or anything that I can make to ease you a little?” she takes a deep breath after offering all she could.

He slightly poked on her forehead, “Silly girl, heard from Manager Park, you’d been assisting in DBSK’s album promotion day and night, don’t you need a rest?”

Ri In answered him by her usual natural cheery smile, “I’m very strong, you see…” she shows off her two little muscle. “No problem, tell me what do you need.”

Young Jin sighed, “I’d just finished with one of BoA’s single. Coincidently, the person who suppose help me work on the demo have some problem ongoing that she have to leave me all alone here.”

“When do you need to hand this to Mr. Lee?” Ri In simply asked as she leaned against the desk.

Young Jin turned to Ri In and thought of something right away, a mischievous smile formed on his face. “Ri In come with me,” he dragged Ri In all the way into the recording area. He wears on the headphone for her not caring that she was staring at him with her eyes roundly widened. “Oppa, what are you doing?”

He placed the lyrics on the board, “Now, you offered me help right. Help me with the demo recording…”

“What? No way I’m not even good in singing,” Ri In struggled taking off the headphone.

“I heard you sing in karaoke, it’s fine, please help me for another time and I’ll treat you a luxury dinner tonight.” He begged.

Ri In reluctantly nodded her head. She looked at the lyrics, “Because I’m A Girl? I hope I’m a guy right now.”

“Okay get ready Ri In,” Young Jin speaks through the microphone which connected to the recording area. “In a count of three…”

One…two…three…Ri In began singing the song. She was not scared at all, at the very least Young Jin could not see any fear on her face. She just sings it freely without any frets. As the song going into the very last part, the highest pitch, someone came in, Lee Soo Man.

“What is Li Yin doing there?” he was rather outraged to see Ri In in the recording area.

“Shh…you’ll distract her,” Young Jin pulled Lee Soo Man squatted down beside him. “She performed the song so well, without even need to repeat again.”

“Of course, it’s just a demo, Young Jin.” Soo Man sneered to his favourite producer.

“Listen then only you comment,” he placed the headphone around him.

-

“Junsu, where is the bracelet,” Ri In shouted as she see nothing on his hand. “Did you drop it? And Jaejoong, why are you still wearing this sweater? You should be wearing the black one!” Ri In ran towards the closet and search for the sweater.

Junsu walked up to her, placing his hand on her shoulders, “We’re not in a rush. Look at how tired you are, stop and have a short rest first.”

“Right, you have not stopped running up and down since this morning,” Yunho was rather concerned about Ri In’s health too.

“I’m fine,” as she take another step, Junsu notice she was about to fall. Swiftly, he catches her fall then carried her to the couch. “See, still want to continue! You need to rest!”

“You’re not our only assistant,” Jaejoong tried soothing her, “Let the guys do the heavy jobs.”

“What happened?” Lee Soo Man’s voice suddenly echoed in the dressing room. Immediately, the four of them stood in a straight line to cover Junsu and Ri In. In the same time, Ri In withdrew her hand from Junsu’s.

“Why is Ri In lying on the couch?” he asked solemnly.

Junsu stepped up before Yunho could, “Mr. Lee, Ri In need some rest. She had been working way too hard during this time for our promotion.” He tilted his head eyeing on Ri In caringly, “It’s almost the end to our promotion, let’s just give her a day off.”

Lee Soo Man frowned upon seeing the caring of Junsu to Ri In. He could sense that caring was not only a simple care to the colleague. “Perhaps, it’s her destiny. Unfortunately, I’m here to bring her back to undergo a short training on vocal and dancing skills.”

“What?” all five of them was startled by what he just said. Their chins dropped as an O formed by their lips.

“Clearer…” Yoochun said barely above a whisper.

“In order to expand our market to China, Ri In will be debuting as the very first Chinese singer in Korea.” Soo Man explained briefly. “Consequently, from this minute forth, she’s no longer an assistant of DBSK,” he turned to Junsu with a warning gesture, “She’ll not help any of you to colour hair or change hairstyle. If any of you dislike red hair and prefer it to be gold, don’t ever ask her to colour for you.”

Yoochun smilingly elbowed Junsu. After Soo Man explained clearly, the room filled with dead silent not until a weird groan of sound appeared.

“I beg…your pardon,” Ri In pressed herself up from the couch. As Junsu saw, he reached out his arm to help her, “You’re saying I’m going to be a singer?”

“Mr. Lee, aren’t SJ in the debut plan list?” Yunho was being serious in this question. “In fact, Yoona and girls…”

“Ri In will be debuting in late year 2006, and in this mean time she’ll be in training…”

-

After a month of hard work in promoting their second album, they finally have a night they don’t need to skip sleeping. Nevertheless, these mighty boys seem to have too much energy that they want watch movie instead sleeping early. Except for Ri In, she said she was tired and went into room. Opening the door, Junsu have his head peeped through the narrow space to see Ri In wrapping her legs while looking out the huge window to see the night scenery of Seoul.

Sitting at the edge of the bed beside Ri In, Junsu wrapped her around with his arms, “what is that bothered you so much?’

“Becoming a singer?” Ri In did not blink her eyes as she just stares still on her toes, “A Chinese singer singing Korean songs…how on earth will there be anyone interested.”

“After becoming a trainee in SM,” Junsu rested his chin on her shoulder, “The chances of us spending time together will be lesser.”

“Do I have any options? It seems; Mr. Lee just came over to demand me to this and that, without asking me whether I really want this or not.” She sadly admitted it can’t help that the tears had formed unknowingly.

His arms around her tightened, “You’ll be fine I have faith in you, you’ll make a good singer.”

-May, Korea 2006-

“Li Xin, have you received the daily use items I sent to you?” Ri In asked as she seated down on the dancing floor.

“Yeah, I’d received it,” Li Xin said. “Jie, I’ll be waiting for the day you release a Chinese album in Sichuan, I know you can do it. Jia You…”

Tears gradually forming in Ri In’s eyes, “I will…I’ll make it for you, Li Xin.”

-Ri In’s POV-

It has been months since I’m trained under SM. Through out these weeks, rumors of Junsu dating an assistant had been spread out. The luckiest thing is that, he was rumored dating with a Japanese assistant. I just can’t imagine what kind of response will there be once our relationship been disclosed or maybe been noticed.

“Woah…this would be the first time seeing Ri In shi cry…” Kangin exclaimed.

“Go away la…” Ri In wiped off her tears and turned away.

“That’s so cruel,” Kangin pouted childishly, “We’re here to visit you and you’re pushing us away.”

“That’s because you did not use a better way of greeting,” Leeteuk elbowed him.

“So how was everything? You guys were awesome on stage…” Ri In stood up from where she was seated.

“Not as good as Tohoshinki in Japan,” Eunhyuk stepped into the dancing room with a phone on hold. Ri In’s eyes glimmered as she sees Eunhyuk handing her the phone, “Your beloved called…”

“Yobseyo,” she beamed upon hearing his sound. “I miss you so much, Ri In. Just how great if we could meet up right now…”

Hearing this voice, a voice she had yearning all these months, her face blushed “You’ll be coming back soon, aren’t you? Few weeks more, time passed very fast…”

“Yah, Jang Ri In…go to another room and talk la…you’re making us puke, you know.” Kangin sneered with a big laugh.

“It seems I made them have a super amusing feeling,” Ri In said as she eyed on the super junior guys. “I’ll talk to you in the room next door…”

All twelve of them were fascinatingly talking about Ri In and Junsu except for the person who had been cornered himself since the minute they entered.

As Ri In walked out from the door blindly, she bumped into Taeyeon. “I’m sorry,” Ri In bowed then walked away.

Taeyeon flashed a glistening glare upon seeing Ri In went into the dancing room. Jessica who followed behind her said, “It’s so unfair that she could debut earlier than us…”

Ri In seated on floor while having her arm leaned against the huge mirror, “I have a manager already…it’s so weird, you know. All of the sudden, I’ll be debuting in about five month’s time…”

“Ri In, let’s disclose our relationship,” Junsu said. His solemn voice ended the long silent.

This had stunned Ri In completely. She doesn’t know what ought to be said.

“You’re not happy, aren’t you?”

“Since when did Eunhyuk phone become so clear?” Ri In asked.

“I’ve not finished with the previous subject yet,”

“Don’t be crazy, impossible we could do this. No one will allow us. Cassiopeia, they take all five of you like their boyfriend. What is this ruined our relationship and DBSK’s career, I rather to remain like this. At least no one knows and we could still be together.” Ri In babbled without taking any second to catch her break.

“But I’m tired of being with you in a love as if like thief. I want my parents to know who my love is,” he sounded very serious. His voice filled with honesty.

“You sounded like you were just somewhere nearby,” she turned and looked around.
He turned his one leg out from stepping in the dancing room and hid at the doorway. Ri In has no idea that Junsu was actually standing right at the doorway to the dancing room she is in.

“Don’t force me, I’m not ready yet. Why am I doing something that I don’t even know what exactly is. What am I doing Junsu, I wish I could have your arms around me,” Ri In wrapped herself up with her arms and begins to sob. “Let’s not talk about me, everything going on well in Japan? Did you buy anything for me? I must go to Japan again; there are so many things I missed out. Right, how are…”

Before she could finish, she was hugged tightly from the back by, “Please don’t hide your fears, your tears,” the voice she had yearning all this while was whispering right into her ear. “At least not with me, Ri In...”

She was about to turn to the back but Junsu did not let her do so, “Please don’t give up. Imagine we will be performing together in the same stage…aren’t that awesome?”

“What do you mean? A newbie like me how can I stand on the same level as you and perform together?” her tears can no longer be held back. The tears welled up in her eyes, spilled out with no stop.

Seeing her in such pain, he feels the pain as well. He turned her around, “SM planning to use me in order to boost up your popularity.” He wiped off her tears with his thumbs although there are more flows down, “I’ll be featuring you in your debut single.”

Ri In gradually stood up, “But how come? Don’t they worry about the fans?”

Junsu pulled her into his hug, “Don’t care about what other think, as long as we did our very best in everything…”

“Junsu, can I really become a singer?”

“You are becoming this October…” Junsu pecked on her forehead.

“But what will happen if our relationship been disclosed?” Ri In held on his arm, “I’ll not only ruin your career but DBSK as well. I can’t jeopardize all of you…”

“Believe in me,” Junsu kiss on the tip of her nose, then her cheek, “As long as you have faith in me, we can surpassed each and every obstacles.” He finished his final word before kissing on her lip gently which then grows passionately, “I’ll not force you…”

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Forsaken Love//