Chapter 23

Forsaken Love
~ Forsaken Love ~ Chapter 23~

- 2008-

Each and everyone in SM Entertainment are busy in their respective schedule. Whether for the artists nor crew, there’s not a space for them to take a break. Unexpectedly, spring passed by them swiftly yet another time. Citizen of China had been anticipated for the arriving of year 2008 as the prestigious, Olympic Games will be hold in Beijing. Months away from this event, a number of artists released albums and Super Junior M and Ri In were a part of them. Having her first album delayed last year, Ri In had released her first Chinese album in early February and it topped the album chart for consecutive months without dropping not until labelmate SJ M released their debut album. It was out of SME expectation to see Ri In’s album sales gained good result. But it surprised them more to see the sales in Korea were better as compared in China. Probably it was affected by the published of her novel. LSM came to a thought of releasing a Korean album nevertheless, he is too busy with US work so Korean album for Ri In will have to wait.

Meanwhile, DBSK who mainly known as Tohoshinki in Japan started off the year with their first singled album for year 2008 and ended up with a splendid result by topping the Oricon chart for the very first time. They came back to Korea for a week just to make their appearance so that Cassiopeia could see them. With the drama ‘The Legend’ broadcasting in Korea, another single in Japan had been released and becoming their second single to reached the top of Oricon chart. This had clearly shown Tohoshinki’s popularity in Japan. Not too long ago, they had ended their third live tour ~T ~. Wrapping up the work in Japan, the boys have to move on with their remaining three Asia Tour ‘O’ in Taiwan, Shanghai and Beijing. Knowing that he will encounter Ri In in these three concerts, Junsu can’t get into sleep. He initiated to asked Manager Park for not having ‘Timeless’ for those three concerts but it turned up that his effort was futile.

During this time, promoting Ri In had become the utmost thing for them, especially in Chinese language countries. So they of course will not miss this chance. Time passing swiftly by and today will be their last night in Japan. Junsu found himself in problem getting into sleep.

“Kim Junsu stop thinking so much!” he sit straight upright from his sleeping position.

Sighing heavily, he stepped out from his room he thought of having a sip of water. In the past, with Ri In staying with them, she would place a jug of water in each of their room so that it is needless for them to come down to kitchen when they are thirsty. But now, no one is there to do all this. Walking back to his room, he couldn’t help but stepping into Ri In’s room. He scanned around and something caught his eyes, the musical box.

He saw it was fixed but the melody of it sounded weird. “Jang Ri In, will you tell me what’s exactly in your mind?” Junsu took the screwdriver and spend almost half an hour in fixing it and finally it was same as before, only the outlook had changed due to the broken pieces that had glued together. “Sounded as nice as before…but, can we get back to the past…Jang Ri In, since you choose to end this, why can’t you disappeared in my life? At least in my heart.”
-
2nd Asia Tour ‘O’, Taiwan 2008-

“Everyone STOP moving!” Ri In shouted and she sounded in trouble. Jaejoong poked on her shoulder, “What are you searching for?”

She turned to her with her lips pouting, “My contact lens…don’t know where it flew off to…”

“It flew off?” Changmin widened his eyes. “You sure know how to use word in describing…” he chuckled.

“Hey Yunho faster go get prepared, Yoochun is performing now,” Manager Park shouted. “I should make my move too…” Jaejoong walked away.

“Oh, where’s my lens…” Ri In walked backwards and was oblivious with the person behind her. “Ahh…sorry…who are you?!” as she felt the watery bare body of his, she stepped back and was about to fall.

“Hey be careful,” he pulled him back. “Open your eyes and see who I am!”
Ri In squinted her eyes and peer with her face going very close to him, “Junsu!” she shouted.

Rubbing his ear, “What is that you’re looking for?”

“My lens…” Ri In pouted. “Where has it been…?” Junsu rolled his eyes, “Didn’t you bring a spare one?” she shook her head.

Pushing her head, Junsu sneered, “Then I’ll have to look after you during our performance…”

With ‘Remember’ ended, Ri In walked up to the backstage to see Junsu began singing. Going into the chorus, she carefully walked out. Perhaps, she was too careful that cause her went wrong way. Junsu immediately walked up to her and slipped his hand into hers pulling her back to the right position. His hand just never want let go of hers as it lasted until the performance end.

- May 14, Korea 2008-

“What,” CEO Kim’s head darted up from his document upon hearing what the opposite caller said. “Did you make a mistake or could you please double check?”

“We are very certain with that, please inform her regarding her sister and we’ll try our best in searching her.”

CEO Kim was stunned by the news, his eyes have not blink, “I will, keep in touch.”

‘knock knock’ he acknowledged and Ri In stepped in. “You wanted to see me, aren’t you?”

“Take a seat…Ri In…” he hesitated to spring up to her.

“You wanted to talk about KMF, isn’t it?”

Brushing off the uneasiness, he intended not to reveal the truth. “Right, you’ll be going with DBSK, SJ T and SNSD to perform in Hollywood Bowl, California. A huge opportunity that not many people will have, appreciate it.”

“Me, but I have only about two songs and one is featuring Junsu sunbae…” Ri In was rather taken aback to know she’ll be performing in KMF.

He shook his head, “Didn’t you have a Korean version of ‘I Will’ and ‘Lover’…in fact, and you’ll be duet with Yoochun for an English song ‘Whenever You Call’. Clear with that, try to carry out some time in practicing with Yoochun.”

“Alright…”

-

“Li Yin,” Hankyung pulled her out from the practice room, walking pass Junsu who is sitting down on floor with the rest of DBSK boys. Hankyung can’t be bothered that she’s having an important practice as the thing he’s springing up to her is more important. Ri In looked into his eyes in annoyance, “Hey, we’re in a practice.”

“Don’t care about it,” Hankyung was agitated. “Do you know terrible earthquake happened in Sichuan? Have you called to check out for Li Xin?”

It startled Ri In to know what had happened to her hometown. Due to her pack schedule, it’s been almost a month she has not reached her beloved sister. “But if…something happened…they’d inform me…” she stammered, her eyes were blinking in fear and heart beating real fast.

Hankyung rolled his eyes holding on his hips, “At least call to confirm about it…”
Hearing their conversation getting louder, Yoochun came out staring at them for an answer. “Anything happened?”

“Could we like…have a…break?” Ri In stuttered with her hands quivering badly.

“Ri In,” CEO Kim called out from behind. “I’d just received a call from Sichuan saying that your sister is fine. She was save by a man after few hours the incident happened.” He patted on her back, “Don’t worry and continue practicing. And you Hankyung, shall get back to the group. SJ M promotion has not ended yet.”

“Came back all the way from China just to care about this thing, Hankyung are you crazy?” Yunho was surprised to know that.

“From this angle, the two of you look like a perfect couple,” Jaejoong zoom in his camera to only focus at Hankyung and Ri In.

“Aish…” Ri In smacked on Jaejoong’s head with all her might. “Stop crapping and head back home la…”

“Alright, I’m on my way…” Junsu’s shoulder pushed on Ri In’s as he walked passed her coldly. Ri In slightly unstable and wobbled to the side.

- Los Angeles, 2008-

“Ri In, because you were added in the list, last minute…” Manager Park was holding back by guilt. He didn’t know how to put it in word, “You’ll have to share a room with either of them.” He pointed over to the DBSK guys.

“Huh…” stunned open. “You must be kidding me and I tell you, this is not funny at all!” Ri In snatched the hotel room list to check. True enough, her name is not in it. Throwing it back to him, she pouted and making a fuss over it, “then where am I suppose to sleep? SNSD are having three in a room, so what about me?! Why am I always the oblivion in every occasion?”

“Congratulations…” Junsu sneered as he stepped into his room. “Ri In will share with you since you’re so talkative today,” Manager Park walked out the room as soon as he finished in order avoiding hearing any objection from Junsu. Ri In turned to Junsu with a hard glare as Junsu too crossed his arms over his chest replying her with a glistening stare.

In the afternoon, a few of them planned on having a walk around LA.

“Not going anywhere?” Junsu asked as he rummaging his sling bag. Ri In, who is still upset, has her hand crossed on the table, resting her chin on it. She gave him complete ignorance. Junsu looked up and turned to see the pouting Ri In through the mirror in front her. “Hey I’m talking to you…”

“No la, go have fun with your girlfriend and stop annoying me in the room!” she babbled.

“Yah Jang Ri In,” Junsu walked up to her. “Is this how you speak to the senior?” he grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him. “When did I have a girlfriend? Oh yeah, I used to have one. The person stood in front me right now.” a moment of silence occurred. Seeing Ri In was about to pushed him off, he dragged her and pushed her down on bed, getting on her. Junsu interlocked her wrists and pressing his lips on hers forcefully without caring how hard Ri In was trying to get rid of him.

“Go away…” Ri In murmured as she hits on his chest. “I’m drunk…you won’t mind, didn’t you!”

Initially, Junsu taught of scaring her but having his eyes opened with a close eye contact to her, he could see the tears welled in her eyes almost instantly. Abruptly, he got up and walked out from the room leaving Ri In remain in the same position. Holding on his forehead, he wonders what stupidest thing he had just done.

- KMF, Los Angeles 2008-

And I won't ever be to far away to feel you
And I won't hesitate at all
Whenever you call
I'll alwasy rememberThat part of you so tender
And be the one to catch your fall
Whenever you call

“Hi everyone, I’m Jang Ri In…” Ri In bowed. “And I’m TVXQ’s Micky Yoochun, I’ll now leave the stage to you. Everyone, put your hand together for my little sister, Ri In.” he patted on her waist before leaving to the backstage.

Yoochun passed the microphone to the crew and headed back to the dressing room. Upon seeing Junsu playing happily with his DS, he complained, “Do you know I was under pressure just now? Singing with Ri In with shouts of your name and Ri In’s, I thought I won’t be able to come down.”

“I was wondering why CEO Kim didn’t arrange Junsu duet with Ri In instead.” Jaejoong said. “In fact you featured her in ‘Timeless’ why ask Yoochun?” Changmin added.

“By any chance,” Junsu got up from his seat as he turned off his DS, “do you all realize voices of yours are noisy?” he walked out. “Just what’s wrong with him?!” Yunho was about to attack Junsu from the back but Yoochun pull him back.

Right after the two performances, DBSK ran back to backstage and gulped down the mineral water that had passed by the crew. Fans of course are not enough with only two songs. They continue shouting ‘encore’ and their wish came true as all five of them stepped out with the dancers followed and begin ‘Baloons’. As the song moved on to the first chorus, the entire SM artist joined them. Taeyeon very quickly secured her place in front nearby Junsu. With Jaejoong’s part going on, Yoochun noticed Ri In was standing behind of the girls staring blankly at one point.

He walked back way to her and mouthed, “What are you spacing out at, enjoy…” he smiled.

Forming a smile, she tried her best in getting rid of what happened this afternoon. Joining in with her warming smile, she sings along with Yoochun beside. Whirled, Taeyeon was just a few steps behind him, but all he noticed was only Ri In having his close friend, Yoochun by her side. The smile that once made him so warm, a smile he misses so much could be seen. But it saddens him to see it formed just for Yoochun. Very fast, Junsu jumped to conclusion that Ri In is eyeing on Yoochun as they were returning mischievous smile to each other. Right after the song ended, Yoochun lead Ri In to backstage. Meanwhile, Taeyeon reached her hand to Junsu’s, giving him a high five.

Back to their respective rooms after the event ended, Ri In went in straight to the bathroom without having a stare at Junsu. He was about to apologize but she just give her no space in doing so. Coming out from the bathroom, she gestured him to take his shower without looking at Junsu. When he finally done with everything, he sees Ri In had fallen asleep soundly. He slowly gets on bed, not intending to wake her up. Pulling the comforter higher, afraid she would catch a cold, he held on her shoulder.

“I don’t mean doing that earlier this day,” Junsu finally say out. Deep in his heart, he still loves Ri In very much. Something he hated to admit and had been denying it all this while. It also had been hid in his heart too long that he is no longer remember to be true with his heart. “I wish I could speak nicely just like the past with you.” a second of silent appeared. “But whenever having you close by me, being cruel and speak to you meanly is all I could…do. The deepest words in this frail heart, can no longer, are no longer have the courage coming out.”

Biting her lips and holding back her tears, she wished she did not pretend sleeping.

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Forsaken Love//

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
thanks for all the comments...
im really happy to see more readers leaving me a comment...
next chapter, ri in's recall of the past will come to an end...
like this chapter? wish all of you enjoy this chapter...

chapter 24:

“I know it really irritates you having to act as my girlfriend,” Junsu withdrew his hand from the pole. Ri In knocked her forehead on his palm as he placed it there in avoiding having her hit against the pole. “But watch things ahead you…”

-

“WE LOVE IT!!! JANG RI IN, HWAITING!!!” “JANG RI IN…JANG RI IN…”

-

“Yeah, she can be in her dreamland quite often at times, forgives her.” Junsu patted on her back. “She’ll be fine in a short while…” his unique laughs appeared again as he placed his hand on her shoulder.