Chapter 4

Forsaken Love
~ Forsaken Love ~ Chapter 4~

“Yah Junsu, you’re having a terrible fever,” Yunho said as dragged him up to the bed.
Ri In placed her hand on his forehead. He is having a high fever. She turned looking at the four of them, “You all faster go to sleep. Don’t forget that you all need to wake up at 4 in the morning.”

“But Junsu hyung is in this condition,” Changmin worried.

“I’ll look after him,” Ri In assured. “Faster hop on bed or you all will look like a panda tomorrow. Leave this to me,” she reassured as she turned off the light to shove them to bed. Taking a small bucket of warm water into the room, she almost tripped as her leg kicked on Yunho’s bed.

“Hey, are you sure you can look after him in this dark state?” Yunho whispered as he was surprised by her strong kick on the bed.

Ri In hits on his head and mumbled threateningly, “Faster go to sleep!” as she paced up to Junsu’s bed, she placed the bucket of water on floor then used a face towel to wipe on his face. Gently wiping on his face, she then dip it into the water.

“I’m sorry to bother you,” Junsu said barely above a whisper. “You’ll get sick too if continue having a close distant with me.”

She placed the warm towel on his forehead, “Shut your mouth and get some rest. If you don’t get well soon, then it would really be very troublesome for me.”

“Thank you, Ri In” his eyes gradually shut.

A smile formed on her face as she hears his soft husky voice called her name. “How good if you could use that tone to call me everyday…”she murmured in smile; suddenly, she realizes: “What am I thinking about? Jang Ri In, wake up Jang Ri In,” she hits on both her cheeks.

-

Overwhelmed by the heat in his body, Junsu uncomfortably moves around in his bed. As he turned to his left, he sees an angelic face laid on his bed, so close to him. His hand unknowingly, reached out to touch her face. Ri In was asleep soundly, with her head lying on her crossed arms.

Reaching out his hand to hers, Junsu mumbled, “If only you could shut your mouth all the time, I’m sure you’ll look prettier than you already are, to me.”

“Hyung,” Changmin woke up from the alarm clock, stretching forth his arms, “Feel better? Eh Ri In…”

“Shh…” Junsu placed his index finger on lip, “Let her sleep a little longer.” He got up from his bed and carried Ri In then placed her on his bed. Gently, he moved the strand of hair that covered her eyes to the back of her ears, smile unknowingly slipped of his lip.

-Three months later, Tokyo 2005-

“Ri In…” Junsu shouted from the washroom; the moment Ri In heard him, she ran up to the washroom with a pillow in her hands, “What is it that you have to shout so loud early in the morning?”

“Where’s my toothbrush?” he frowned.

“What?” Ri In frowned agitatedly, “You’re shouting for that?” she brought her hands up to her hips, “And the ridiculous thing is that the toothbrush is just right in front of you!” she pointed at the light blue toothbrush placed in the glass.

“Isn’t that yours?” Junsu getting impatience, “Yah ajumma, your memory is getting worse it seems…mine is light pink, okay.”

Ri In thought for a moment, “Wait, that’s mean all this while you have been using the pink toothbrush instead the blue one.” He nodded his head. “You idiot!” she hits him with the pillow in her hold as she sees the natural innocent nod.

Junsu immediately raised his arm to avoid being hit, “Hey ajumma, behave yourself. Why all of the sudden you’re hitting me?”

“For using my toothbrush, idiot!” she continued hitting him. “I’ve told you since day one that all those in pink are mine and yours is blue. How on earth you could think that pink stuff belongs to you.” the noises from them had soon brought the other four watches their drama acting.

“Now what’s happening again?” Jaejoong asked while holding back his laughter.

“He’d been using my toothbrush for the past three months,” Ri In turned to the boys then back to Junsu with a glistening glare.

“How am I supposed to know…”

Ri In cut him off angrily, “You should know since I’ve made it clear enough for a three years old kid to understand. Don’t you have a brain?”

“Yah…I’ve got enough from you. I want to change my roommate.” Junsu shouted.

“Good, that’s what I’ve wanted to hear from you all this while,” Ri In crossed her arms over her chest.

“Whenever I step into this room, my head will ache terribly.” Manager Park frowned. “The both of you have been saying that over million times but yet there’s no changes, just stop bickering for one day. You hated her so much but you’ll end up helping her whenever she has reached the max.” he sneered as he turned to Junsu.

“I’m serious this time around,” they turned to each other as they yelled in unison.

-

“Okay, that’s the end for today,” Manager looked at the clock, it is only four in the afternoon, “You all will have the rest of the day by yourself. Just go wherever you want to have fun…”

“Are you sure? Won’t there be any paparazzi chase after them?” Ri In returned eye language to Manager Park as she wished to have a break since today’s work wrapped up earlier than expected.

“Yah Jang Ri In,” a strong arm covered her lip, and another one dragging her away from Manager Park. And it was Junsu for all she knows, “we’ll walk around the shopping complex. Since you had gone through a hard time, we’ll grant you something…”

“Bye Manager Park,” Yunho pushed the others towards the exit with Junsu leading.

-Shopping Complex, Tokyo 2005-

“Yah...” Ri In grumbled as she turned to looks at the five guys, “Can’t you all just go alone and let me head back to hotel?” she pouted.

“If you don’t come along,” Jaejoong’s voice suddenly softens, “Manager wouldn’t have allowed us…”

“Great, so you guys faster go do whatever you all want and I’ll find a place to sit and an hour later,” Ri In said very fast not giving any chance for them to negotiate the time, “meet here with no delay…”

“Let’s just take two hours,” Changmin said as his hand wrapped around Jaejoong’s shoulder, “We’ll be watching movie, deal!” they then walked away.

“Whey…” Ri In makes no effort to chase after them as she was really very tired after a long period of time work. She then noticed someone still stood by her side. “Why aren’t you going with them?” Ri In questioned as she turned to Junsu.

Not looking at Ri In, he answered “I would have sleep if watch it now.” Looking down at Ri In, “Beside, I need to buy you another toothbrush…” Junsu chuckled as he grabbed hold on her wrist and lead her to the grocery shop.

“Hey, you’re buying too much…” Ri In mumbled while elbowing Junsu’s back.

Junsu frowned as he turned to Ri In, “What did you just said?”

Ri In brought up her hand and smacked on the back of his head, “Don’t speak so loud with that dolphin voice.” She looked around, “you’ll attract attention…”

Junsu rubbed on his where she had hit, “Nobody will notice me as Tohoshinki had just debuted and we did not gained good result either.”

“Enough!” Ri In glared at him, “Do you need a microphone? Speak so loud!” she grabbed a huge carrot, intending to hit him if he says any word next. Knowing what’s on her mind, Junsu immediately pulled the trolley along, pacing fast off Ri In.

Counting on the money left, Ri In then kept all in her bag. As she picked up those two huge bags, she turned to Junsu, “Where do you want to go know?”

Junsu did not answer to her question instead, his hands reached over to snatched the bags from Ri In, “Give me these.” He paced towards the Customer Service counter and kept those bags there.

“Let’s have some window shopping,” Junsu said. They wandered around the shopping complex. Junsu having his hands in pocket while Ri In wrapping herself with both her arms as she feel rather cold even though they are in indoor. As she walked pass a music shop, she stopped staring still at the musical box. Not realizing Ri In wasn’t following by his side. Junsu continues his walk. About 50m of walk, only he realizes the absent of Ri In. He scanned around to see Ri In out of sight.

“Yah!” Ri In turned around in scared as she felt a huge tapped on her back. All of sudden, Junsu pulled her into his hug, “Where have you been, I thought you lost your way or something!”

His sudden action had stunned Ri In till speechless. She don’t know what ought to be said but just blinked her eyes. Junsu released her, “say something, I want explanation…”

Ri In’s mind was blank at that moment, she said nothing but just stare still at Junsu.

“Are you alright?” Junsu’s hand slowly waved in front of her face.

“Yeah, I’m okay.” Ri In averted her attention off Junsu then pointed at the musical box. “I was looking at this and I realized you walked off so I thought you’d come back to the same place, so I waited here, for you…” Ri In stammered.

Junsu looked down at the delicate white musical box, “You liked this?” he slightly turned his head to see Ri In was actually blushing, “Why are you blushing?”

Ri In immediately looked away from Junsu, “Which eyes of yours see me blushing?”

“Admit it ajumma,” he opened the cover of the musical box to hear the music of it and it was ‘Canon’. “So nice…”

“When I was small,” Ri In held on it, “My father would play this piece by violin before I and my sister fall asleep. The sound was so warm that even winter is very cold yet, we feel warm with that music coming from the violin.” Tears gradually formed in her eyes, “I miss him so much…”

Bringing up his arm to reached Ri In, he wiped off the tears with his thumb, “I’m sure he’s watching over you in the heaven. And he’ll need not to worry as all five of us are taking good care of you.”

Ri In was touched by what he said. She lowered her head to avoid letting him see her laughs. “Just having you by my side would worry him much enough to hold him back to reborn.”

Junsu laughed upon hearing that, he pinched on her cheek, “Aren’t you felling sad a minute ago? Why are you laughing and can joke over that?”

“Because I’m certain that father would want to see me stay strong and live on happily. I still have Li Xin to look after,” she squeezed her elbow with her another hand, “I have to take good care of myself first, in order to give Li Xin a better tomorrow.”

“Zhang Li Yin,” Junsu called, she turned to him as this was the first time he called her Chinese name correctly and seriously which stunned her. “I’ll be by your side during that process, aza…”

He took the musical box about to head the cashier but Ri In pulled him back, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Since this gives you so much memories of your father,” one of his hands tucked into his pocket, “I’ll buy you this.” Ri In took it from his held and placed it back to its place. Grabbing hold on his hand, she pulled him out from the shop before bowing to the owner.

Stood right in front of the entrance to that shop, Ri In withdrew her hand, “If I say stars in the sky give me the memories of me and my mother, will you get me the star too?” she hits on his forehead softly, “babo…”

“Ajumma,” Junsu smiled as he gently held on Ri In’s hand, again “Let’s go to a place, I’ll make each and every of your wish come true…”

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Forsaken Love//