Chapter 12

Forsaken Love
~ Forsaken Love ~ Chapter 12~

-Eve of 21st Golden Disk Award, 2006 Korea-

JANG RI IN WAS TVXQ’S ASSISTANT AND SHE LIVE WITH TVXQ FOR YEARS!!!!

News: Jang Ri In was an assistant of top idol group TVXQ before her debut. She was staying in the same apartment as TVXQ since year 2005 in order to assist in their promotion activities. So is most likely that the rumors of TVXQ member Xiah Junsu and Jang Ri In dating is true.

After only about few days yet another, negative news of Ri In surfaced. This time is about her past. The pictures of her and Junsu printed in the newspaper again. This time, the other four guys were involved also. With her fans website just gradually getting lesser negative messages last night, early in the morning it gets bashes again.

“Just stop this ludicrous dream of yours,” Jessica shoved on Ri In’s shoulder. They were at the roof top of the SM building. Ri In stood still there saying nothing to defend herself but leaving the winter cold wind blows her hair behind. “You bring nothing to the company but creating trouble only!”

“Stay away from Junsu oppa,” Taeyeon crossed her arms over her chest. “By now you should realize your presence will only upset the fans. They started threatening Mr. LSM that if still stay around DBSK, they’ll be anti.”

“Jang Ri In shi,” she tilted her head to see her assistant running towards her. “CEO Kim wants to see you now.” She sighed as she knows yet another problem surfacing to storm her.

“Noona,” Yoona held on her hand. “Are you okay? I heard that you were here, so…”

Ri In brought up her head with a bitter and sweet mixing in her smile, “I’m fine.”

Yoona’s head peeked through the door to see Taeyeon and Jessica having a discussion with some kind of evil smile and tone of voice.

“Don’t worry, no one will know we are the one who sent those pictures,” Jessica patted on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “I was rather taken aback to hear you wanted to take this step.”

“Taeyeon, Jessica,” Yoona ran up to them. “How could you two do such thing? I’m telling Mr. LSM.”

“Wait,” Taeyeon held her back.

“If debut is what you wanted, I advice you not to do such thing,” Jessica said. Walking up to Yoona, she brings up a hint, “CEO Kim had started to spread the news of forming a new girl group. Aren’t your name in the list?”

Yoona bit her lips, “I can’t betray my friend.”

“Whether to betray your friend or abandon your future,” Taeyeon walked around her, “It falls on your hand. You’d train here so long and now that there’s a chance of debuting, are you sure you could let go this opportunity?”

-

“CEO Kim,” Ri In bowed as she entered his office.

“Have you made your decision?”

“I think,” Ri In turned around holding on the door knob, “You may start preparing their albums. You should understand by that,” Ri In hinted as she stepped out from his office. She ran towards the emergency exit and seated down on stairs with tears welling.

“Jang Ri In, didn’t he ask you to believe in him? Why didn’t you fight with him till the end?” she punched on the banister of the staircase as she cried.

-‘Canon’ violin version ringtone-

It was the twentieth message from Junsu. This time, Ri In could hardly gain the courage to read the message. She clearly knows it would soften her heart and this is not the time she can allow this happening.

- 21st Golden Disk Award, 2006 Korea-

“And the 21st Golden Disk Award Zipel Shininsang winners are, Super Junior, Seeya…”

“Okay why not just let these two winners to receive first or we’ll need to go back to backstage. Too many people,”

“I’m Leeteuk of Super Junior, we would like to thanks our label company, SM Entertainment, Mr. LSM, CEO Kim, Manager Hwang…”

Ri In who seated right beside of Chae Yeon was staring blankly at one point. She was completely unaware with everything surround her.

“And last but not least, Jang Ri In…”

The moment Ri In’s name was called; disrespect boo-ed sound from Cassiopeia and ELF filled the atmosphere. All the artists uneasily looked around, shocked by the current atmosphere. Ri In on the other side, she is still sitting still on her seat, not knowing that she was one of the new artist winners.

“Ri In,” she turned over to Chae Yeon frighteningly. “Go up and get your award. Don’t worry; it’ll be fine once you stepped up.”

It was totally unexpected to see Ri In winning the new artist award for Golden Disk Award. After all those rumors, SM did not put any high hope on her in fact thought of leaving her not participating today’s ceremony. As she walked passed DBSK’s seats, Junsu just couldn’t help getting off his eyes from Ri In. He could see her steps were heavy. Stairs by stairs she got up to the stage. The presenter handed Ri In the trophy and she walked up to give her speech.

Looking up to the netizen, Ri In left open; wordless. The boo-ed sounds just scared her so much that a word was hard to think of.

Junsu was about to stand up and make his way towards Ri In if Jaejoong did not react in time to pulled him down. “Get your down on the chair!” he demanded. “If you were stormed up like this, how should she face the reporters tomorrow?”

“I can’t let her face this by herself.” Junsu wished he was the one who is facing this than seeing Ri In getting all the blame.

“I…thanks…I mean thanks SM, yeah thank you.” she put an end to her speech. It should be her most memorable moment as it is once in a lifetime for an artist to receive a new artist award. But winning this had brought so much sorrow to Ri In. She wishes she was not one of the winners then she wouldn’t have to face all this.

“Manager Park, is it possible for me to leave? I have no other nominations left,” she lowered her head. Ri In knows that she had brings Manager Park much enough troubles. Not only was he the one under pressure, almost all the crew of SM are.

“Ri In, you received an award and you need to turn up in the celebration dinner,” Manager Park explained. He clearly knows Ri In could no longer withstand this. “You can’t leave or the reporters would come up with something about your manner and respect towards the ceremony.”

Ri In lowered her head, disappointingly, “I understand.” Then she made her way back to her seat.

As she walked pass a group of fans, to her surprise, is a small group of girls that holding tight on banner with her pictures printed on it. They kept cheering for Ri In asking her not to give up. Right after the encore performance by DBSK, all the artists proceed to the hotel for their celebration party. After a year of hard work, winning award made them feel certain that they were among the best artists in Korea. As soon as the party with the crew of 21st Golden Disk ended, SM artists headed back to their office and celebrate with their own crew, trainees and also the management staff.

Having winning the daesang again, the scandal and troublesome issue of Ri In and Junsu had been forgotten for this moment. CEO Kim supposedly goes after Ri In to push her to the brink of sea in order to make her confirmed final decision. However instead that, he happily celebrates with the guys. Each and everyone in that hall were having a pleasant time but at one corner, stood a girl who her mind filled with pensive thoughts.

“Ri In,” Junsu happily brought her into his arms. “We won it! I know we would have take this back home. Same as you, you won the new artist award too.” He seems to be oblivious with Ri In’s face of expression.

She did not utter nor did she bring up her hand to return a hug, “I need to talk to you,” she walked away heading towards the old office building.

“Where are they going?” Yoochun turned asked as he looked at Junsu and Ri In leaving the party hall.

“Maybe they need some time to celebrate alone,” Jaejoong exclaimed as he finished another glass of beer.

Jessica gestured Taeyeon to follow them, “Seems there is a space for you to slip in.”
Taeyeon nodded her head with a smirk and walked after Ri In and Junsu, ten steps behind. The moment they reached the old office building, a place where they always have had spent their time together, Junsu held on her hand, gradually let his arms surround her waist securely from behind.

“This was the place that filled with our unforgettable memories,” Junsu whispered in her ear. Closing his eyes whilst having Ri In scent comforting him, “Ri In, do you know how much I love you, can we…”

Before allowing him to further with those words that would change her mind, she loosened Junsu arms which made him stopped saying what he wanted. “Let’s let those memories be history,” her voice barely above a whisper. Having her head lowered down, Ri In dares not to have a face to face talk with Junsu. “I can no longer withstand those harsh comments.”

The blissful smile on Junsu’s face instantly faded into a stunned and worried state. He reached his palms to her face to cup on her face, bringing it up to face him directly. To his surprise, he could see disappointment and frustration in that angelic face of hers. His heart begins to beat, really fast. He has a feeling that, this love of his is on the brink of coming to an end.

“I know you’d faced a hard time a while ago,” Ri In could feels the hands on her face quivering. Even his words are seems to be trembling out his lip. “Time will wash away the hardship we are now facing. It’s just a matter of time. We’ll be fine in a while.”
Going against her heart, Ri In knows this has to be end for once and forever. She rolled her eyes filled with annoyance. “Don’t be naive, Junsu.”
“Can’t we at least try? I’ll not do as how they wanted me to. This is our love; we need to fight till the end to show them we’re not in a game.” His arms around Ri In become tighter as he said so softly to avoid attracting any attention. She closed her eyes listening to his voice clearly for the very last time. “I don’t care what other say and feel. I only want an answer from you; your feeling was the only thing that I’m concerned about.”

Ri In could hardly make a decision inside my body but she knows is now or never. Pushing him off heartlessly, Ri In looked into his eyes unfeelingly. “Enough Junsu…it’s all over. I can’t let this ruin my career. You could say that I’m selfish but this is reality.” She crossed her arms over her chest and looked away from Junsu, trying hard to hold back the pathetic tears. “What on earth are you thinking about? Fight till the end?” she imitated his voice sarcastically.

Junsu held on Ri In’s armsand turned her around to face him directly. She could feel his hold was trembling. “Ri In, I know you’re being harsh in order to push me away. I’ll not be trapped by you,” he forced out a laugh that filled with fear.

“Let go of my hand,” she swung off his hand. “Do you know how much I’ve suffered in China? When I’m in Korea, initially, I was just an assistant that so similar to a dog. Didn’t you hate me very much back then?”

“Ri In, that’s not the point,” Junsu grabbed hold on her shoulder, not letting her to turn away from his gaze. “I love you and you know it, we both in love with each other so much and I’m sure our fans will understand us.”

“Stop all those nonsense!” Ri In shouted. “Love? I was just using you to gain popularity but it seems I used the wrong way or I shouldn’t have used you at the very first place.” she rolled her eyes, “Kim Junsu, listens you’re just a tool for me to gain more popularity. There’s not a word that I’ve said to you is true. Telling you how much I love you, it’s all not true.”

He released her hand and stepped back, “I don’t believe…”

“Whether you believe or not, that’s the truth. This is reality…in order to survive in this entertainment world, I have no choice. I’ll not ruin my life.” she said coldly. All of a sudden, Ri In felt so pain. Aside from the pain in her heart, her face is now aching as someone slapped me.
“Jang Ri In, how could you treat Junsu oppa in this way,” it was Taeyeon. Ri In was still staring still on the carpeted floor. “Do you know how much Junsu oppa love you but you’re just using him to be more popular? You’re insane.”

How would she not know? No one could see the saddest face on earth beneath her current heartless and arrogant mask of face. She looked up to Taeyeon, trying hard to remain with a cold face of expression, “Since you care about him so much, I’ll leave him to you. There are still lots of thing I need to do. Bye…”

Ri In paced towards the exit of the old building, whispering to the air, “Goodbye, my love.”

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Forsaken Love//

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
thanks for all the comments...
oh so sad...ri in finally made a decision and it's leaving junsu for the best of everyone...
taeyeon is so annoying...she always think using this way she'll be able to get junsu...in future she'll be more evil in order to get junsu's love in return...stay tune...
what will junsu do next? will he too give in this love easily or will he persistently go after ri in?

chapter13:

“Tell me, you’re just playing a game with me, aren’t you?” Junsu pulled her into his embracement. “You love me, I know. I can feel it.”

Pulling away from him, Ri In pushed him off her, harshly. “Kim Junsu, how many times do you want me to say? I don’t love you. You’re just a tool for me to get more attention. So stop bothering me.”
-
“If I don’t, DBSK and SJ will be ruined by me. SNSD won’t be debut in time.”
-