02. Dayoung's First Day

The Path

 "Here you go,Ms. Kim." The counselor gave Dayoung her schedule for this semester. "Thank you" She flashed the councelor a smile and walked off to her first class.

*Hmm... okay. I have Pre Cal first, then History, and then... Yay! Lunch! Then... uggghhhhhh..... Physics. Thank God I end my day with dance class. I wonder what the other girls hav-* Her thoughts were interrupted when she hit something hard and fell to the floor.

"Arghhh..” She got up,” what the-" she stopped and stared wide eyed at the cause of her fall. The gorgeous, soccer captain Xi Luhan. She's been crushing on him since middle school and high school wasn't an exception. Dayoung couldn't even blink and the worst part was that she was aware of it. Luhan started waving his hands in front of her face in attempt to snap her out of her daze.

"Dayoung-shi! are you alright?" Luhan asked in concern and heard his friends snickering behind him. He shot them a glare and looked back to the dazed girl in front of him.

"Dayoun-"

"I-I'M, Good.. Gr-Great. Ecstatic! Yeah!" Dayoung interrupted him while blabbering nonsense and with an extra loud squeeky voice! *Wow Kim Dayoung really?* She mentally facepalmed herself and looked down flushing bright red. Luhan smiled at how cute she was. His friends on the other hand weren't helping the situation with their hysterical laughter and taunting.

*Dayoung... just bury yourself... and call it quits... that would be better*

She was rooted to the ground and couldn't lift her head up. Then she felt two arms linking to her on both sides. She looked up and saw her two bestfriends, Jieun and Soyoon, not amused.

Jieun eyed the pack of laughing hyena's behind Luhan, "And my mom asks why I don't have a boyfriend. This is just sad…"

"I thought it was because you were a guy!" Xiumin said earning hi-fives from his friends.

Jieun tightened her grip on Dayoung's arm, she was about to lose it. Soyoon was just blank the whole time staring at them.

"Shut up you overgrown muffin top! Do you want to spend your first day in the infirmary?" Jieun threatened Xiumin. He cowered behind Kris ,who was the only one right after Luhan that didn't laugh at their dear friend.  Dayoung was holding Jieun back and tried appeasing the girl. Soyoon smirked and was enjoying the show.

"Get him Kelly!" Dayoung shot her a glare.

They were attracting a crowd already and they only had five more minutes before the bell. Soyoon rolled her eyes and stepped in, pulling Jieun away walking off to class. 

"Thanks Soyoon!" Xuimin let out a shaky breath and thanked the girl. But to his luck Soyoon shot him down with a glare and snarled,

"IT'S JULIA!!!!!"

Her voice boomed across the halls and frightened everybody in sight well except for Kris, Lay and her friends. They were chuckling at Xiumin's retreating figure that quickly sped off into a run.

"I'M SORRYYYYYYY!!!! WHY IS IT ALWAYS MEEE!!!!" he was wailing down the halls. His friends just looked down due to the embarrassment.

*That kid has problems* Luhan thought.

Soyoon straightened up and went back to her usual expressionless face and walked off dragging her two friends who were still laughing.

*Nice one Soyoon* Dayoung thought.

-

            First and second period went by pretty fast to Dayoung. Due to the fact that  Jieun and Soyoon were in her first period and Jieun in her second. *Wohoo!!! Time for lunch* Dayoung packed up her stuff and was waiting for Jieun at the door so they could head to the cafeteria together.

On their way there the students happily greeted them and couldn't help but stare at them. *Pheww... looks like nobody even remembered the scene I started a while ago.*

"Ughh... I'm so hungry!" Jieun whined.

"Jieun~ah, head to the cafeteria first. I'm going to the restroom real quick." Dayoung said.

 "Ok, don't take too long." They split up to different directions.

-

Dayoung came out of the stalls while humming to her favorite song and washed her hands.

"I lost my mind... noreul cheoum man na seul tae~~"

She dried her hands and grabbed her bagpack leaving the restroom.

 

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean too.. I-I won't do it again!" Her ears perked up hearing a quivering voice.

"Do you really think I would let you off just like that? Do you think I'm stupid?" An angry voice of a man howled. She quickly searched for the source and found a freshman crouching down on the floor shielding himself from the wrath of this HUGE guy that was about to hit him.

"YAH!!!"

Dayoung sauntered over to the fight right before the guy could hit the poor boy. She quickly shoved the guy away, surprising him with her strength and grabbed the boy off the ground.

"What the HELL!!! Is wrong with you?" She asked but quickly noticed the huge stain on the guys shirt, assuming that that was the problem. She just sighed and was waiting for him to explain anyways.

"That mut behind you spilled his soda on my expensive chrome hearts shirt!! He needs to pay for it." Dayoung winced at the guys voice.

*He might be huge, but he sure as hell is a whiner.*

"I'm sure that your shirt was.. er...expensive, but I don't think hitting someone else would fix the problem..." She looked at the boy behind her and could tell that he would not be able to pay it back. She sighed, "I'll pay for it." The boy behind her looked at her in admiration and at the same time was sorry.

The huge guy was taken aback," You can't pay for this! This shirt costs a fortune! It's a limited edition!" he stated.

Dayoung chuckled, "You must be new! Okay then, my name is Kim Dayoung, you can search me up in the directory and send me the bill for the cost of the shirt and I will pay for it!" she grabbed the hand of the boy much to his surprise and left the guy there.

"Yah!" The huge guy ran up and grabbed her shoulder in a tight grip, "I'm not done talking to you!"

She didn't reply, which angered him more.

"Let go of me." She said in a cold voice. The guy didn't comply and still had his hand there.

*I really thought I would've solved this by now without violence. Shame on you Kim Dayoung for thinking that! Ignorance is bliss!!*

Annoyed of her silence the guy yanked her to face him, only to be met with a elbow to his face. She turned around and kicked him in the stomach which sent him plummeting down to the floor groaning in pain. She lifted her leg up and choked him with her heel. "I told you to send me the bill instead and you just had to make things difficult didn't you?" The freshman behind her was stunned at her sudden change in personality and quietly watched in fear.

"And NEVER put your hands on a lady!! Do you understand!?" She stated earning a smirk from the guy. Annoyed she pushed her foot more to his throat leaving him gasping for air.

"I said, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" The guy gave her a slight nod and she let go of him. She started walking away when she heard the guy mumble, "... !"  

Then she lost it.

"POW!" she punched the guy dead in the face and knocked him out. She walked off mad and enraged.

"He dared call me a female dog! Do I look like a dog to you?!" She asked yelling, startling the freshman behind her. *Calm down Dayoung. Just go to the cafeteria and indulge yourself with food!* She started smiling to herself.* ~happy thoughts...happy thoughts~* She was scaring the boy behind her. She looked bipolar.

At a corner someone saw the whole thing and chuckled. *Kim Dayoung. I see you don't need me anymore. Yet... you still couldn't talk to a guy.* Chuckling, the person left and went the other direction.

She finally reached the cafeteria and saw her friends at the table already eating. She looked back and saw the boy still looking at the floor.

*Does he not have any lunch money?*

"Go to the line and get some food, tell them Kim Dayoung sent you!" She said and smiled at him. He was taken aback and froze.

"Do you really want me to ask again?" she glared at him jokingly. He had a flashback of the previous events and quickly ran to the line.

"T-Thank you noona!" she chuckled and went to her friends table.

-

"What took you so long? Did you have to poop?" Jieun said a little too loudly. The people around them stared at their table while Eunbi and Soyoon were laughing like crazy people. Dayoung frowned at Jieun who looked confused. *That was a serious question.*

"No I didn't Jieun!" She said but the two girls were still laughing their butts off. Jieun cracked a smile and joined them. *Crazy!* She shrugged it off and sat right next to Eunbi.

"Here Lisa, I got you dukbokki!" Soyoon said and Dayoung smiled in acceptance.

"Why did you take so long anyways?" Eunbi asked.

"I just had to take care of something." she answered. Jieun spotted a guy coming into the cafeteria with a black eye and stained clothes. Jieun elbowed Soyoon and nodded towards him. Soyoon could only smirk at Dayoung.

"And you said I was violent! Kim Dayoung!" Dayoung and Eunbi looked up from their food and looked behind them. The guy saw her and quickly ran to his friends table in fright. She looked at her friends and they were all smirking at her.

"YEHEY!!!! Finally Dayoung lost her temper!!" Jieun and Soyoon yelled. Eunbi could only laugh at their antics. Dayoung lowered her head in shame and ate in silence. The bell rang for third period and everyone left the cafeteria to go to their classes. *Physics UGGHHHHHH!!!!*

-

            Third period wasn't as bad as Dayoung thought. She had a hot new physics teacher, Mr. Jung. Now she has a reason to ACTUALLY go to physics every day.

She packed up and went to the gym for her dance class. It was the first day so she didn't have to change to her dance clothes. It was basically a free period and everybody would just be lounging around. She walked in and saw her friends texting and chatting happily. She noticed that it wasn't just the dance team that was there but also the soccer, basketball and volleyball teams. She spotted Luhan chatting with his friends.

*Ohhhh... so heavenly! Luhan you are the death of me.*

Shifting her eyes to Kris who was right beside him, she got caught off guard by his stare and they locked eyes for a moment. Until she heard her name.

"Lisa!!! Over here! Come on!" awkwardly walking to her friends she glanced back to Kris and he was still staring at her.

*What the heck... Is there something on my face? He's creeping me out.... Walk Dayoung, just keep walking...* She peeked over..*Oh gosh he's still staring at me.* "Dude you alright?" Eunbi asked. She nodded in assurance. The girls just talked about random stuff as time flew by. Time to go home. WOHOO!!!!

-

Driving home, Dayoung was still wondering why Kris was staring at her. *Oh gosh! Was he still reminiscing about the incident this morning! OMG!!! NOOOO!!!! Way to go Dayoung!*

She arrived home , and parked her car in the garage walking in the back door.

"Umma!! Appa!! I'm home!" she hollered.

"Dayoung~ah, your parents aren't home yet, they'll be here in about an hour." Their trusted maid, told her. She has been with her family ever since Dayoung was little, she was just like her own grandmother.

"Neh, Halmeoni!" She beamed at her.

"How was your day!" Her maid asked.

"You know high school, something always happens." Dayoung chuckled.

"Halmeoni. I'm a little tired. I'll be upstairs taking a nap. You can come wake me up when my parents come home." She said and trudged her way upstairs.

She opened the door to her room , walked in and closed the door. She put her backpack on her desk and flopped down on the bed not even changing her clothes and closed her eyes. *Hmmmm... so tired....* She let sleep envelope her.