I9. The Chosen Ones...

The Path

It was nearly night time when Soyoon came home. She spent sometime walking downtown in the streets of Seoul trying to clear her mind and ended up sitting at the docks of the Han river.

"Unni's! I'm home!!!" she barged into their house wiping the dried tears away from her face. Her eyes and nose were still red and puffy.

Maybe she could pass up the excuse that it was just too cold outside, which it was but she knew they wouldn't believe her anyways. Now she just had to think up of an excuse for missing third and fourth period.

She yelled again but all she heard was silence. *Is anybody home?* she wondered and went upstairs.

"Yohooo... Unni's....?" She knocked on all their doors and looked in all the spare rooms but to no avail. She looked in their backyard, nobody. But she saw half empty cups on the lounge tables, she stacked them up and went to the kitchen to put them away.

*So they are here... Hmmmm.... Not in their rooms. Not in the backyard.... OH!!!! I'M SO STUPID!!!* she mentally face palmed herself and started towards the direction of the basement or better yet, their indoor training room.

Soon enough she heard sounds of gunshots and groans of pain. She opened the basement door and was greeted by the sweaty and tired faces of her friends. Nobody noticed her.

Jieun and Eunbi were going at it. Punches and kicks were thrown and groans were slipping out of their mouth like palmwater.

Jieun executed a perfect high kick towards Eunbi but was a little too slow, because before she could even land her foot on her. Eunbi already caught her leg and twisted it, immobilizing the other girl to the floor and trapped her in a headlock.

"Jieun~ah... I told you to practice on your agility. We wouldn't want you to get too caught up in the action yet get pinned down like this when a bad guy comes for you right?" Eunbi said a little too calmly for someone who was sweating buckets just a moment ago. Jieun nodded and Eunbi let her go, getting up.

Not a second later, Jieun smirked and got up lunging towards Eunbi. Eunbi did a round house kick and *SMACK* Jieun was immediatley sprawled on the floor groaning in pain... again.

"Work on your stealth too... I heard you attacking, before you even got up from the mat... AND THE MAKNAE'S HERE!!!!" Eunbi said and ran towards Soyoon. Jieun was still on the ground and didn't have any intention of getting up. She was exhausted.

Soyoon looked at the other side of the trainining room and spotted Dayoung seriously concentrating on her shooting. Eunbi followed her gaze and shook her head, "She's been at it for the past three hours." she explained.

"I swear... Once she holds a gun, she won't stop unless her arm tires out." Jieun interjected prancing towards the other girls. Eunbi walked up to the glass door that seperated the shooting range from the rest of the training room and picked up the wall phone that connected to Dayoung's ear muffs.

"Dayoung... Maknae's here." Eunbi said and instantly, Dayoung stopped and put her gun down, took her ear muffs and glasses off and got out of the shooting range.

"Chae Soyoon.... Where were you?" she asked menacingly but failed to add a hint of anger in her voice, so it just came out as a normal question.

"Sorry I didn't call. I just wanted to clear my mind from some stuff that was bothering me and I didn't want to worry you." she explained and had her head low.

She heard them sigh and was suddenly enveloped in a hug. She felt all their arms tighten around her. Tears welled up in her eyes again.

"Soyoon... How many times do we have to tell you...? Not telling us would only make us more worried." Jieun said.

Soyoon sniffled, "I-I know... but sti-"

"No buts. Chae Soyoon. There is nothing you can keep from us. Were like your family. If you have boy problems, you can vent out on us too." Dayoung said and Soyoon abruptly pulled out of the hug, looking at them confused.

"H-How did you kno-"

"We told you... You can't keep anything from us." Eunbi chuckled.

Soyoon backed away, "You guys are so creepy."

Jieun rolled her eyes, "Well... we maybe, sorta, kinda heard about your dramatic exit and Kyungsoo running after you...But still." Jieun flashed her a creppy smile and they all burst out laughing.

Once the laughter died down, Eunbi ushered them back upstairs to freshen up and cook some dinner. "Let's go... time to pig out!" Jieun yelled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Park Eunbi. You haven't visited us at all for the past month. I'm sure, your school life isn't that hectic for you not to be able to come and join us for at least one dinner." Eunbi's dad nagged over the phone.

"But dad, I really have a lot of homewor-"

"No. It's the weekend and I will see you here tonight and that's final!" her dad said and hung up.

Eunbi sighed in frustration. "UGHHHHH!" she slammed the door of her locker shut and made her way out of the girl's locker room. "I'll see you guys later on tonight. I'm having dinner with the fam." she waved the other girls off and went straight to her car.

She got in and sat there for about five minutes thinking of an excuse on why she's been 'busy' for the past month.

Of course she couldn't say anything about her school activities since everyone knows that they've been on haitus. Even Baekhyun....

*DAMN Baekhyun... I have to probably make casual conversation with him.* she ruffled her hair in agitation. *Ugh... Whatever I'll just wing it...* she thought and started the engine of her car flooring it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Baekhyun~ah! Eunbi is coming home for dinner tonight, so come home early okay?" Eunbi's step mom, Diane, crooned over the phone.

"Neh... I'll be home soon." Baekhyun answered and once he heard her hang up, so did he. He went back in the warehouse and informed the other guys that he will be leaving soon since Eunbi was coming for dinner. He gathered his belongings and headed for the door.

"Baekhyun hyung!" Sehun called, causing him to stop by the door. He looked back and saw the maknae running out of the bathroom.

"Hyung, don't forget your ring. This is the fourth time you almost left it." Sehun handed it to him. It was a ring that was given to him by the elders when he was still a baby. It had the symbol of Light on it.

The other guys had one too. Some had a pendant, a bracelet or a ring just like him and they all had their own power symbol engraved on it too.

Baekhyun patted Sehun's head and had the younger boy smiling in glee. "Thanks. See you later squirt!" he said slipping the ring on his finger and left.

Eunbi's dad had Baekhyun use one of his spare cars. He hesitated at first but Mr. Park was one stubborn guy.

So now, he was driving one of the most expensive sports car in the world. A black lamborghini. The boys were somewhat jealous of the fact that Eunbi's dad favored him so much.

Due to the fact that having a connection like him would open up a lot of opportunities in the business world. But to Baekhyun, it was just like the old days.

Having him act like a dad, as always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eunbi!!!" Diane enevloped her with a tight hug right when she stepped foot in the house.

Daine pulled out of the hug and frowned, "Dear, you've gotten so thin... Has Jieun been hogging all the food again?" Diane joked. She had Eunbi laughing and nodding in agreement.

Diane joined in and hugged her once again. "Ughh.. I missed you." Eunbi hugged her back tightly, "I missed you too, Omma."

They pulled out of the hug and Diane pulled her into the living room where Baekhyun was sitting. He flashed her a smile. Eunbi felt her breath get caught in . He looked so handsome.

She had been spending all her time avoiding him that she almost forgot how gorgeous he was.

"Hey Eunbi." He said snapping her out of her trance. His voice sounded so velvety smooth, she probably trailed some drool on the floor.

"H-Hey Baco- I mean Baekhyun." she corrected herself. His smile turned into a frown but was quickly plastered with a smile again. They held eye contact for I don't know how long.

"EUNBI!!! MY DARLING DAUGHTER!!!" her dad ran down the stairs only to miss the third step and trip the rest of the way down.

"APPA!"

"AHJUSSI!"

"YEOBO!" they shrieked in panic and ran to him. Baekhyun was the first one to get to him and help him up. Eunbi was about to help him but noticed something on Baekhyun's hand.

His ring... that symbol... it looked so familiar *Where have I seen that before?*

Diane snapped her out of her thoughts, "Aigoo... Yeobo... Stop running down the stairs. You're getting too old for that." Baekhyun and her dad chuckled.

"I know, I know... I was just a little excited to see my little Christina." He beamed and gave his daughter a big hug, which Eunbi openly accepted.

"I miss you too Appa." she looked over her dad's shoulder and saw Baekhyun smiling down at them.

Her dad pulled out of the hug, "You've gotten thinner... Is it Jieun?" he asked her and had went wide in shock.

"APPA! OMMA! Have you been talking about Jieun behind her back?"  The couple only snickered and scurried away to the kitchen. Eunbi could only shake her head in disbelief.

"Are you spending the night?" Baekhyun's voice startled her, she forgot he was there. "Oh.. sorry... Didn't mean to startle you." he put his hand on his neck awkwardly.

Eunbi grinned. *So cute.... WAIT... Eunbi stop thinking that... Just be civil for one night... no fighting and more impotantly NO FLIRTING.* she thought and looked back up at him. His eyes were beaming with hopefulness.

*Well maybe just a little flirti-* "Eunbi! Diane already fixed your old room up for you! You're staying the night!" Eunbi sighed in defeat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun, Chanyeol and Tao car pooled with Chanyeol. They were all heading to  a bubble tea shop but quickly made a detour when Xiumin cooked up a whole plan to crash the girls new house.

From what they've heard from the fanboys and fangirls of the girls from school, is that they're house is so awesome that the President of Seoul would be jealous of it.

The others didn't like the idea at first but was swayed when Xiumin told them about the awesome game room and the lounge area outside. Now they're only ten minutes away from their said destination.

While this was all being planned. The said girls that they were suprising were having a wild party themselves. It kinda got of hand when they started resorting to using their powers. Eunbi wasn't in the house and nobody could reprimand them.

They cleared out the living room with all the furniture, credits to Jieun who teleported them all down to the basement. Now the living room was a winter wonderland. The floor was icy and there was snow falling form the ceiling.

They had their winter clothes on and was having a snow ball fight while flying around inside. All was fun and games, but one thing they did wrong was forgetting to lock the door.

The guys arrived outside. They heard the music blasting and heard screams and laughter coming from the inside. "Did they throw a party without inviting us?!" Chanyeol asked in anger.

Sehun rang the doorbell but nobody answered. "They probably didn't hear it. The music is too loud." Tao said.

Xiumin surveyed the whole front view of the house again and was awed. "DAMN! This house is big. It looks like a mini castle." he exclaimed.

Chanyeol was a little anxious and mad that he didn't get invited to the party. He reached for the door knob and twisted it, and sure enough, he jumped up in glee when the door was unlocked.

He barged in straight to the living room, "Where her-AHHHHHHH"

*BAM* he slipped on the ice and hit his head on the ground knocking him out cold.

"CHANYEOL!!!!" Screams came from the girls and the guys.

The guys all ran into the house, they were all struck with panic and confusion.

The living room was filled with snow, they had to steady themselves to make sure that they didn't slip on the ice. And worst of all is that the girls were all hovering above them, but quickly flew down beside their unconcious friend.

Dayoung quickly crouched down to check his head and panicked, "OMO! His head is bleeding!" The guys all scurried towards their friend.

"Tao call an ambulance!" Xiumin ordered. Soyoon was about to will the guys to forget what they've seen but was quickly yanked down to the icy floor.

"Soyoon~ah! His head! Heal him! Hurry!" Dayoung said.

She was shaking in fear. "B-But the other guy-"

"PALI!!!" Jieun and Dayoung both yelled at her this time. She sighed and stretched out her hand towards Chanyeol's head. The guys looked on in confusion, even Tao stopped talking to the 911 reciever.

In that very moment, Soyoon's hand glowed a bright yellow for a good five seconds then quickly died down.

"Is he alright?" She asked and Dayoung checked the back of his head again.

"Yeah, the bleeding stopped. He's just knocked out." Dayoung assured them. The girls all sighed in relief but quickly tensed again when they realized what they had just done.

*Soyoon... erase their memories... quickly.* Jieun thought.

Soyoon nodded, "I order you to forge-"

"The chosen ones." Tao muttered stopping Soyoon from what she was about to do and caught the ears of the other girls. The other guys were still staring at them.

*The chosen ones.*
*They're the chosen ones*
*How is this possible?* Soyoon heard all their thoughts.

She quickly got up and backed away from them. Dayoung and Jieun followed. "H-How do you know about us?" Soyoon asked defensively.

Their hands started glowing. Dayoung's hand started flowing out flames, Jieun's eyes turned pitch balck and she started emmitting black flames, Soyoon's thought's were in disarray. She didn't want to hurt them, they were her friends. But if they were out to hurt them then she had no choice.

She held out her hands and the ground started shaking. That shook the guys out of their frozen state and started getting up trying to explain themselves.

"GIRLS WAIT!!! Where not here to hurt you!!!!!" Sehun yelled and caught Jieun and Dayoung's attention. They slowly went back to their normal state. If they needed to defend themselves, Soyoon still had her powers on hold.

"Explain!" Jieun yelled.

The guys smirked, "We might as well just show you." Tao said and nodded at Xiumin to get up.

All eyes were on Xiumin. His fists were clenched together and when he opened it his hands started pouring out cubes of ice, nonstop.

The shaking of the ground stopped and the girls were in shock. "You girls aren't the only ones with powers." Xiumin smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, Baekhyun and Eunbi headed upstairs to change before bed. Baekhyun took a shower first since Diane had to give Eunbi some spare clothes. She didn't leave any here when she left.

"Here you go!" Diane handed her the clothes.

"Baekhyun will be out soon I think. He doesn't take that long. Guys never do." Diane winked at her and went to her own bedroom. Eunbi was on her bed passing time and calling the girls but nobody answered.

"Hmmm. Weird... Why aren't they answering?" She put her phone down and she heard the bathroom door open. *He's done!... That WAS quick..* she thought and went out of her room and headed for the bathroom.

She hung her towel on the rack and proceeded to take her makeup off before she jumps in the shower. She turned to the sink and to her suprise, she found a ring there.

Baekhyun's ring. *He left it in here.* she thought and stared at it. Again, that symbol on the ring caught her off gaurd.

She went out and reached for it. And at that moment, visions flashed in her eyes.

First was of a baby being born and being taken away from it's parents. The next one was of a little boy being too sick and was taken away by three old men. He was taken away with other kids. It was a bunch of them.

The little boy looked familiar. All the kids were standing in a circle. The place they were in, it looked similar to the forest they were in where they were changed.

Then her eyes flashed an image of Baekhyun, his hands were glowing. It looked exactly like what she could do with her powers. And after that the other guys flashed in her eyes.

Chanyeol had flames coming out of his hands, Kris was flying in thin air and Luhan was moving objects with his hands. It looked like they were hanging out and all of them had powers.

Then after that, the visions stopped and her eyes focused back on the bathroom mirror. She looked down to the ring and was staring at it in disbelief.

*The guys?... It can't be.* She got out of the bathroom and barged into Baekhyun's room. Her face was etched with confusion and nervousness.

Startled, he got up from his bed and went up to her. "Eunbi what's wrong?" he asked. She didn't answer and just lifted the ring up to him.

He looked down and took the ring from her, "Uhhh... Sorry, did I forget that in the bathroom?" he asked and chuckled.

He looked up at her again. Her face was still filled with worry. "W-What's wrong?" he asked nervously this time.

"Are you a guardian?" Eunbi finally asked and caught Baekhyun off guard.

"W-What are y-you talking about?" he stuttered. She rolled her eyes.

"You still stutter when you lie." she implied and his face flushed red. Silence enveloped them. She couldn't take it anymore and asked him again.

"So are you?" Baekhyun was silent, he couldn't think of a way to get out of this. If he lied he would just stutter and she would not believe him.

*How did she even know about me being a guardian, just by looking at my ring...?*

"Well? I'm waiting." she asked annoyed. *Unless she's..... No way!* His eyes went wide in realization. He looked at her in disbelief.

"How do you know about guardians?" It was his turn to question her this time. She looked away startled.

"I-uh I-I.... nevermind." she turned around and headed for the door. Baekhyun reached out for her hand and when their hands touched.

A flash of bright light glowed from them. A few moments later, when it died down Baekhyun and Eunbi's eyes were as wide as saucers.

"You're a..."
"No way... "
"BRRIIINNNNGGGG!" his phone interrupted them and he hesitantly went to pick it up.

"Yoboseyo?" he asked.

"HYUNG!!! OMG!!! GOOD NEWS!!! WE NEED YOU TO COME THE GIRLS HOUSE!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG! BRING EUNBI!!! KYAHHHH" Chanyeol shrieked over the phone like a little girl.

Baekhyun hung up and led Eunbi out of the room. "We need to go. Chanyeol is at your house and by the sound of it. They just found out about this too." Baekhyun smiled and ran out of the house.

Eunbi followed. "APPA! OMMA! WE'LL BE BACK!" she yelled, not waiting for them to answer and slammed the door.

Her mom and dad... peeped out of their room. "Oh~~~ Young love." Diane said and they went back into their room.

Totally misinterpreted that.